• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: Kingdom Hearts 3 Development Reportedly is "Relatively Advanced"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I just took that to mean the shaders or something haven't been applied to the characters yet.

Also worth noting, both the English and Japanese trailers were in perfect sync with their respective languages.

Yeah the shader omission is troubling, I hope they still plan to incorporate it into the final design. I am still intrigued to see how it will look like.

As for the languages, they are probably aiming for a worldwide release (or a very small gap). Fingers crossed.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
My real question is...who on earth wanted to make Yuffie a guy???

Lol, that was just an example picked for an extreme change to the story and game of FF VII.
They could also have asked if there will be finally a possibility to revive Aerith, if the Nibelheim incident will be tweaked to be more in line with the compilation, if they will remove Cloud's crossdressing episode or any of the more "delicate" events in the Honey Bee Inn at Wall Market et cetera.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah the shader omission is troubling, I hope they still plan to incorporate it into the final design. I am still intrigued to see how it will look like.
yeah it will be that how the graphics will close to the movie

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Gah, I keep forgetting about the Kingdom Shader and how it's supposed to make everything look like it's part of that specific world's art style. So, that's promising. However, it clearly isn't in full effect in this trailer though. There's a difference between a different art style and lack of polish and detail, and it's definitely the latter with the character models in this trailer.

However, even in the cutscene with Eraqus and Xehanort, they have that look that I'm referring to. So, fingers crossed that it's just the lack of detail and polish on the graphics at the moment. Hopefully in D23 we'll see some more improvement to the art style.

BEASTENDER

Lol, that was just an example picked for an extreme change to the story and game of FF VII.
They could also have asked if there will be finally a possibility to revive Aerith, if the Nibelheim incident will be tweaked to be more in line with the compilation, if they will remove Cloud's crossdressing episode or any of the more "delicate" events in the Honey Bee Inn at Wall Market et cetera.

Oh okay, good lol I was afraid there was some fan out there who really wanted such a thing (even though the sad part is that there definitely is...). Though I must admit, I wouldn't mind new optional, non canon endings. Like a What If scenario where Aerith really does live, or other optional goofy endings, or endings that revolve around specific characters (Only accessible after beating the game at least once and after getting the canon ending).

DoctahFaz

Awards
Relatively is definitely the key word here. I'm still going to stick with my prediction of a Spring (April/May) 2017 release date for the game. I think it would be safe to say, therefore, that a definitive release date would likely be given at next year's E3.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Relatively is definitely the key word here. I'm still going to stick with my prediction of a Spring (April/May) 2017 release date for the game. I think it would be safe to say, therefore, that a definitive release date would likely be given at next year's E3.
i say holiday 2017 around video game hardcore season like fallout 4 this year in november

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I say Holiday 2016 is more likely for Final Fantasy XV, not Kingdom Hearts III. I think KHIII has more of a Fall 2017 release, like how 1.5 released in September. September or October 2017 sounds the most likely for me.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
"Relatively advanced" could mean almost anything really, such as maybe they've finally whittled down what Disney worlds are in. So I won't take it too seriously.

But the phrase makes me fear the odd graphic style will stay. I'm hoping it's because the shader didn't seem to have been used. However the scene with Xehanort and Eraqus did look like the shader's being used and they look weird as heck! It's mostly the faces, the eyes especially. They seem...dull and boring, for a lack of a better word. And they don't fit with the rest of their models.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
But the phrase makes me fear the odd graphic style will stay. I'm hoping it's because the shader didn't seem to have been used. However the scene with Xehanort and Eraqus did look like the shader's being used and they look weird as heck! It's mostly the faces, the eyes especially. They seem...dull and boring, for a lack of a better word. And they don't fit with the rest of their models.

My thoughts exactly. It doesn't look/feel like the old games and while change isn't bad, this particular change is not for the better, in my opinion. The characters in the older games actually look more realistic, somehow, despite that they're both cel-shaded. It's like they're both that cartoony art style, but the previous games had a more crisp, detailed look, whereas (I'll say it again) these new models look straight out of the Disney Infinity graphics engine.

Again, comparing a finished product to a gigantic work-in-progress. I just really hope the weird art style that we keep seeing doesn't stay the way we're currently seeing.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
relax i'm sure the graphics will look different once it finish and the kingdom shadder is in

bgizzles45

Why in the f*** would they ask if Yuffie can get a sex change? What a waste of question, and what a crazy world we live in.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Why in the f*** would they ask if Yuffie can get a sex change? What a waste of question, and what a crazy world we live in.
The guy was just joking around (and possibly too confirm the changes won't be crazy,) so please don't take it seriously.

Bobizzle

I think Summer 2016 is when we'll get a release date for KH3, and the release date will either be in November or December of 2016 or January/February 2017.

I just don't see it being any longer than Q1 2017.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I think Summer 2016 is when we'll get a release date for KH3, and the release date will either be in November or December of 2016 or January/February 2017.

I just don't see it being any longer than Q1 2017.

More realistically I see it releasing March 2017, since ya know 15th Anniversary.

kingsoraful

Awards
I expect a release date for KH III will be announced at either TGS or D 23. I'm expecting it probably fall/winter of 2016. FF XV will come out spring 2017 and FF 7 remake will be out sometime in 2018.

If KH III is in higher stages of development that means that 2016 release date is plausible. Although I will say that Nomura has wrapped his part in XV so I do expect that will come out probably the same year as KH III.

I'm stoked with the development.

The message that KH III will have way more worlds than 2 is great. I'm expecting 20 + worlds or more. I'm hoping for a huge game.

My prediction for the next world reveal if it's new will be Frozen. If it's old, Olympus Coliseum since it's obviously coming back.

Last edited:

kingsoraful

Awards
"Relatively advanced" could mean almost anything really, such as maybe they've finally whittled down what Disney worlds are in. So I won't take it too seriously.

I wouldn't take what you saw as some kind of finality. Though personally I loved what we saw. The graphics for the game are beautiful. I don't think the shader has been inputted yet though.

Donald and Goofy never fought any of the heartless in the trailer aside from the highlight of team moves still being available. So it's still very early on.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I expect a release date for KH III will be announced at either TGS or D 23. I'm expecting it probably fall/winter of 2016. FF XV will come out sping 2017 and FF 7 remake will be out sometime in 2018.
Well, I kinda figured FFXV would release before KHIII. As good as KHIII may look, FFXV already has a playable demo. Maybe switch those dates?
The message that KH III will have way more worlds than 2 is great. I'm expecting 20 + worlds or more. I'm hoping for a huge game.
I'm hoping so too!
My prediction for the next world reveal if it's new will be Frozen. If it's old, Olympus Colliseum since it's obviously coming back.
Well, um, that was the first part of the trailer's gameplay. the rocky cliffs and pillar areas was Mount Olympus, obviously from an expanded Olympus Colliseum world. The Tangled world began to be shown starting at the scene when Sora and C. see the tower. And the last bit in the city was Twilight Town, so three worlds confirmed in one trailer.

So, Frozen is possible as the next New world, but as for a returning one, I want to see what Agrabah looks like if it is returning. I want to go in the palace.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the leak debate is over is was fake along

[video=youtube;ETOaMdmg8mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETOaMdmg8mo[/video]

Precursor Mar

I hope we don't get a Frozen world, Frozen sucked and we already have a Tangled world. Maybe in the next game but I personally wouldn't like to see it in KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back