• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No Joke: New Trailer Unveiled. (With mystery VA)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not denying that it sounds just like him, but I thought Nimoy retired. If he's not even willing to go to ST conventions, why would he still be doing shit like voice acting?

Since we know some voice acting took place months ago, I'd say he did this before he went back into retirement.

Z

Zulkir

The voice acting in SE games can be good, or at least, serviceable. Say what you will about FFXII as a game, but the voice acting was fantastic.

Too bad the sound compression made it sound like a recording of a recording. Did people not notice a ton of static in FF12?

(If you mean specifically the acting then yeah, that was good. Especially Gabranth, Cid and Balthier imo).

Again, those are in fact MX's lines from that very scene, of course there are small differences in the English version.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Checking the Japanese scene, yeah, it's not synched. But even then I'm pretty nervous about lip syching. More so than I am about the actual voice acting.

Worried that they're going to pull another Re:CoM?

I dunno, I'd hope they'd put in more effort into that considering this isn't just a throwaway last-minute deal to promote another game. It's a full fledge new entry in the franchise.

too bad the sound compression made it sound like a recording of a recording. Did people not notice a ton of static in FF12?

TBH i don't remember any static but it's been a while since I played xii.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Too bad the sound compression made it sound like a recording of a recording. Did people not notice a ton of static in FF12?

(If you mean specifically the acting then yeah, that was good. Especially Gabranth, Cid and Balthier imo).

I think the acting in FFXII was the only reason I didn't throw the game out after playing for a few hours. That and Balthier...and that Cid was crazy.

Awards
Worried that they're going to pull another Re:CoM?

I dunno, I'd hope they'd put in more effort into that considering this isn't just a throwaway last-minute deal to promote another game. It's a full fledge new entry in the franchise.

I really am worried. With Days, I didn't mind. But compared to the Japanese Re:CoM, I just could not get into the English Re:CoM. It was too distracting for me. Call me picky, but it ruined any potential of submersing myself in the scenes.

I keep trying to compare these split second scenes in the trailer of mouth movement to the Japanese cutscenes. I can't tell whether they're different.

Takarifan101

I believe that this trailer is real, but just a place holder. I mean E3 is a month away and I'm sure they did this to settle the fans, and attract attention for E3.

On a side note I just visted IGN and they moved the release date of BBS to Q3. I hate to put a downer on everyone but the odds of an early september, late august release it looking practical

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I really am worried. With Days, I didn't mind. But compared to the Japanese Re:CoM, I just could not get into the English Re:CoM. It was too distracting for me. Call me picky, but it ruined any potential of submersing myself in the scenes.

Nah, bad lip-synching is pretty distracting for me too. I don't actually have the english Re:CoM, but i've watched scenes on youtube. it's pretty iffy.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Also I agree that we're being presumptuous by judging the entirety of the game's voice acting on a few lines. We should wait to hear a few more voices first.

Just throwing that out there.

Are so many people shook up from the prank last weekend?

Still can't believe anyone fell for that but thought the jungle book world was fake. :/

Xattm

Transparent.gif

you cant judge a game by a 20 second trailer and 2 lines of dialoge.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Still can't believe anyone fell for that but thought the jungle book world was fake. :/

I saw JB thing when the vid was there so I knew it was real. And I wasn't online this weekend so I didn't experience the prank.

you cant judge a game by a 20 second trailer and 2 lines of dialoge.

Agreed.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Lmao. The MX sounds like he has emphysema or something.

Awards
U know, I kinda find it fishy that the trailer AND the jungle book vid use the same song AND the vids came out practically at the same time...

Sukiyomi

...dude this better not be what MX sounds like...i really believe whoever voice acted that should have done better if he was supposed to be MX.

I am anticipating this game greatly and if they fail to deliver the type of voice acting the japanese version had then ill fall into a depression lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back