• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No Joke: New Trailer Unveiled. (With mystery VA)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xattm

It has English text. And it seems more like a placeholder than a real trailer...like they had the real trailer and cut it.

Here's my thinking on why I think its real and it could be wrong;
1. the trailer is on gamestop.com Pretty sure they wouldn't post a fake trailer.
2. The text is in English
3. The dialouge is in English

And im pretty sure trailers aren't know for having perfect syncing.

Awards
I wasn't saying it was narration, I was just saying that was how the voice sample was used in this instance.

If you look at old KH trailers, it is like this. A piece of line used from the game stuck over the trailer despite not being synced anywhere.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But when they do that, it's usually a line from a completely different scene put over another scene. Those lines are from that exact scene in the game. You can even tell with his body expressions that the words go with them. I hope it's fake, or just not finished.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I know what you mean. But when they do that, it's usually a line from a completely different scene put over another scene. Those lines are from that exact scene in the game. You can even tell with his body expressions that the words go with them. I hope it's fake, or just not finished.

I'd say unfinished. It seems real enough to me to not be fake, but crappy enough to just be some placeholder with botched editing by whoever edited this for Gamestop.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Actually i prefer kh1 sora over kh2-COM sora.

sora sounds gay in khCOM-kh2.

in kh1 he soundedl ike a normal boy, not one of those anime VAs you hear
Yeah, never mind that fact that Sora's voice change reflects his age in KH2.

Peeper

I think I'm just going to play this one on mute.

And people wonder why fans always have arguments over Japanese VA being better than English VAs......

Seriously, I hope that sh!t's fake. The voice acting in SE: NA games has crossed my line of patience.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The voice acting in SE games can be good, or at least, serviceable. Say what you will about FFXII as a game, but the voice acting was fantastic.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
SE has pretty good voice acting. And this is also a Disney thing too. SO don't forget to blame them~~

(And FFXIII only had good voices in Hope, Lightning, and Serah. Sach, Snow and Fang too. Vanille...meh. If she could have held the accent then she would have been good)

But I think Nimoy sounds fine. Again, just a clip. Not the whole game.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Just because it's on Gamestop does not make the VA real. Like said before, Gamestop isn't official on that department. They rarely even show trailers for games

if this was real it would be public fast. Not even youtube is taking it seriously

Xattm

SE has pretty good voice acting. And this is also a Disney thing too. SO don't forget to blame them~~

But I think Nimoy sounds fine. Again, just a clip. Not the whole game.

Agree with you there. SE has fine voice actors. Disney...that's a different story.
But sometimes Disney makes good choices...sometimes.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Those lines are from that exact scene in the game. You can even tell with his body expressions that the words go with them. I hope it's fake, or just not finished.

Ummm... No they aren't? MX did not say "Where a great Keyblade War raged!" in that scene.
The audio isn't meant to be synced with the video. That's all there is to it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Ummm... No they aren't? MX did not say "Where a great Keyblade War raged!" in that scene.
The audio isn't meant to be synced with the video. That's all there is to it.
then again englsih always varies, it's pretty close to the original

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Also I agree that we're being presumptuous by judging the entirety of the game's voice acting on a few lines. We should wait to hear a few more voices first.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just because it's on Gamestop does not make the VA real. Like said before, Gamestop isn't official on that department. They rarely even show trailers for games

if this was real it would be public fast. Not even youtube is taking it seriously

Who takes YT people seriously? Half are teens who have nothing better to do and the rest are okay people.

but they wont show an unofficial trailer either

Exactly.

Awards
A fan trailer done by Leonard Nimoy? I don't think so.

And nobody can't say that man isn't Leonard Nimoy.

I'm not denying that it sounds just like him, but I thought Nimoy retired. If he's not even willing to go to ST conventions, why would he still be doing shit like voice acting?

Pretty sure they weren't meant to be synched.

Checking the Japanese scene, yeah, it's not synched. But even then I'm pretty nervous about lip syching. More so than I am about the actual voice acting.

I'm going to reserve my judgment considering that... it's only one line. I do hear potential though.
The funny thing is, I remember when the Japanese trailer came out with that line in it. I didn't like the way MX sounded when he said it (even though I didn't know what he was saying), because I thought he sounded less enthused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back