• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Re: Nintendo 3DS HANDS-ON VIDEO!!!

Parts of it make me believe that it would have worked had the camera been at the appropriate angle, as you could detect a slight "popping out" in some of the clips (especially the Mario+Yoshi clip).

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

poor psp

I definitely have to get one of these

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

to say the least, I'm not really impressed. I mean yeah wow new system and all, sweet. But come on Nintendo. This is like your 7th DS. Are we going to have a Nintendo 3DSI?
Though I hope the 3D is better than what I saw in the video. I saw a little bit on Mario and Yoshi.

αsiя

space coke

to say the least, I'm not really impressed. I mean yeah wow new system and all, sweet. But come on Nintendo. This is like your 7th DS. Are we going to have a Nintendo 3DSI?
Though I hope the 3D is better than what I saw in the video. I saw a little bit on Mario and Yoshi.
Well this one is really the new one. The DS and DS lite are almost same except the design, DSi is one up from the DS lite but it was still the same except you have a real menu. DSi XL really was just a waste of time, it was only a DSi on steroids. But the 3DS is something new. I mean, it's in 3D and it almost if not more powerful than the gamecube.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

People like you are incredibly annoying. The 3DS is the successor to the DS, whether or not it has the "DS" part in its name. It's what the GBA was to the GB; not an upgrade, a brand new handheld.

Also, cameras should not be able to show us the 3D. Otherwise, I'm sure they could have shown it proudly on the television at the conference. It's likely that you have to see it with your own eyes, just as they've said.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

I agree the 3DS is an actual true evolution from a DS.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

...I'm glad you agree with this already pre-stated fact.

Congratulations.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

yeah, it was known right from the getgo that the 3DS was not at all a new version of the DS

How you could even think otherwise with all the screenshots of games that couldn't possibly run on the DS is beyond me

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

wait holy balls two things popped into my mind
1. OBJECTION! popping off of the screen. I'll jizz myself.
2. How people plan on creating emulators for these.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur

I'm so going to get one of these. I hope, unlike in past experiences, I'm actually able to see 3D, since my experience with some movies and the 3D feature on Sly 3 proved no promised result.

Awards

First of all, there is no "popping out," and those of you who think that the tech of the 3DS is capable of that are bound for disappointment. If anything, it's more of a "popping in." To give you an idea:

What sets the 3DS apart from that is its ability to produce this effect without having to move the entire handheld itself. Instead, the moving models and camera give that "popping in" perception (and, plus, these models are 3D, compared to the 2D pop-up book styled effect seen in the video).

And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to see this effect via video anyway.
But, yeah, as far as "popping out" 3D without glasses, we won't be seeing that for a while. That's a hologram.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

People who've actually checked out the demo and "played" the 3DS have mostly reported that images do in fact pop out rather than doing the depth thing that the DSi does.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

lol I just can't get over the fact that they attached this innovative piece of machinery to models. I mean I'm no feminist or anything, but there are few things more objectifying than that. I half expect, after the show was over, the Nintendo execs told them each to get back in the kitchen and make them some goddamn sandwiches.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Uh the 3DS tech is nothing like the camera tech in the DSi. It's like the Sharp handheld screens that display the two images like any 3D panel, except it separates it for your eyes. This only works on small screens you look directly towards...so for the 3DS and Nintendo's special version of this kind of tech, it works great. So that's not how it works, Grass.

In fact the resolution is 800x240, with 400x240 going to each eye.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

I dont know what people are talking about. You were never going to see the real 3D image on a youtube video, of all things.
You can see there are two different images practically all through the video. Without the special screen, we just see the two, seemingly blurred, image. It will look great if you see it in person.

Awards

Uh the 3DS tech is nothing like the camera tech in the DSi. It's like the Sharp handheld screens that display the two images like any 3D panel, except it separates it for your eyes. This only works on small screens you look directly towards...so for the 3DS and Nintendo's special version of this kind of tech, it works great. So that's not how it works, Grass.

In fact the resolution is 800x240, with 400x240 going to each eye.

I realize the tech isn't similar, I'm referring to the similarity in depth perception (the effect of the tech, not the tech itself).
There's an even better example I can give which works on a similar principle. Ever had those optical illusion books where two similar images are juxtaposed? You cross your eyes slightly in order to overlay them, and it fools our brains with the illusion of depth. Really not too different with the 3DS.
And for anyone who has tried that, then you should know the type of 3D I'm talking about.

Yeah, it does have a degree of "pop out" I guess you could say, but more of the depth perception comes from what I referred to as "popping in." It's not the same level of immersion you would get from 3D glasses. The technology has a way to go before we get to that authentic 3D "popping out" without glasses.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Yeah, it does have a degree of "pop out" I guess you could say, but more of the depth perception comes from what I referred to as "popping in." It's not the same level of immersion you would get from 3D glasses. The technology has a way to go before we get to that authentic 3D "popping out" without glasses.

Lol. Uh....nah. I think it's more intricate than that. Nintendo's been working on this tech for nearly 10 years in secret, after all.

And if you listen to these guys explain the 3D effect, it doesn't sound like that.

Back