• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Re: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

i'll definitely be picking this up! :D Didnt know the release was so soon.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Awesome!!!! ^^ I'll try to get this, even if it's not on launch day. It looks amazing! So colorful and unique! Glad I got a PS3 now. :3

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I played the demo and the overworld was like one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen in my life i almost cried

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

The only thing I will ever regret about this game will be that I wasn't able to pre-order the Wizard Edition (demo impressions)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

The only thing I will ever regret about this game will be that I wasn't able to pre-order the Wizard Edition (demo impressions)

lol I was thinking about preordering it too, but after I thought about it, I guarantee if I did preorder it, 5 years from now I wouldn't even look at all that stuff anymore. Sure I'd play the game again, but the contents of the Wizard Edition would've been wasted. It happens all to often I find with collector's editions. Unless the content is something you can use in the game or all the time in real life, or unless you collect that type of merchandise, it eventually falls to the wayside so don't feel bad xP

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

lol I was thinking about preordering it too, but after I thought about it, I guarantee if I did preorder it, 5 years from now I wouldn't even look at all that stuff anymore. Sure I'd play the game again, but the contents of the Wizard Edition would've been wasted. It happens all to often I find with collector's editions. Unless the content is something you can use in the game or all the time in real life, or unless you collect that type of merchandise, it eventually falls to the wayside so don't feel bad xP

It has the whole goddamn 300-page spellbook from the game. Also included: bestiary, collectable items list and some DLC. But that book :( I like books. :( It reminds of how I used to write shit down in a little notebook and had it with me for reference when playing (my pre-internet days)

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I'm actually glad I didn't preorder the Wizard's Edition now. I get to fill in the pages in the game version without "cheating," lol.

But yeah, I've clocked in 10 hours so far, and I'm blown away. The detail in everything is just amazing. Not just the visuals, but the lore is downright astounding. And the combat has so much variety to offer. The score, the overworld, towns/dungeons the Ghibli cutscenes, all the different familiars and their properties, magic & alchemy; I'm nuts for this game.

Current generation Chrono Trigger dream team right here.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I think kupo's right. A lot of customers who preordered the Wizard's Edition got screwed over.
NAMCO Bandai Games | Forums • View topic - UPDATE: DigitalRiver admits 220+ Wiz Ed. sold to PlayCanada

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

I can't even play it yet, it only releases next friday over here and on top of that my ps3's busted :(

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

If your PS3 is busted send it to EndlessElectronics.org. They fixed mine promptly, cheaply, and it has a lifetime warranty and they even offered some cool upgrades. Way better than sending it to Sony.

kupo1121

Awards

Yeah, I hate to see such a stupid move by Namco as an oversell generate such bad rep for a game that is already not advertised enough, but is great :( I will get this game eventually once the price drops as I don't have time for it right now (KH1FM and KH2FM and then KH1.5HD will come out, plus Injustice, and IDK about all those great Nintendo games they just announced).

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Yeah, I hate to see such a stupid move by Namco as an oversell generate such bad rep for a game that is already not advertised enough, but is great :( I will get this game eventually once the price drops as I don't have time for it right now (KH1FM and KH2FM and then KH1.5HD will come out, plus Injustice, and IDK about all those great Nintendo games they just announced).

Blaming Namco over DigitalRiver's fuck up is like blaming McDonald's CEO over an employee pissing in the soda fountain.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Gotta say, I'm very satisfied with this game's difficulty. Due to the way I normally play RPGs (doing as may sidequests/activities as I can before moving on), it's rare for me to experience any noticeable increase in enemy difficulty as I proceed through the game. Here, however, there's a very marked jump between areas. Of course, most don't give me a huge amount of trouble, but the spike is still much appreciated.

Hell, I was around level 22 when I fought the lava boss on top of the volcano; and while he wasn't as easy as he was in the demo (obviously), he still didn't instill a whole lot of fear in me. And yet, when I crossed desert into the southern field, the enemies were actually holding their own, despite the fact that the boss I fought just a few minutes ago didn't give me that much trouble. Hell, the beast hunt in the area and the soon-after battle with the genie had me micro-managing like crazy to keep my party alive.

Though, on the other hand, I imagine this spike is a bit annoying for those who don't partake in a lot of auxiliary events `3`

kupo1121

Awards

Blaming Namco over DigitalRiver's diddly up is like blaming McDonald's CEO over an employee pissing in the soda fountain.

After posting that I read about how it wasn't Namco's fault lol...I was and still am too lazy to edit the post though haha xD

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I didnt even know about the Wizard's Edition until after I got my copy of the game(with the gamestop steelbook case).

Anyway I'm some 20 hours in and I'm loving it so far. the ghibli art style, the world and even the characters and story which still leave a bit to be desired. I also like that Motorville is available to return to. I like the contrasts.

As for the lava boss, I was level 18 before I could beat him. He instilled a bit of fear into me.

Y'all bitches better buy this diddlying game because it's diddlying good.
Like JRPG of the generation...maybe.

I'm enjoying it a lot.

Half the people on gamefaqs are gonna disagree but they're all nostalgia-humpers as far as I'm concerned.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

The story itself is serviceable, a nice little combination of typical JRPG and typical Miyazaki. The lore well makes up for it though. This game has some fantastic worldbuilding.

And I keep getting blown away by the environments. 23 hours and 34 levels later, I just arrived at the Tombstone Trail and it's gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back