• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WanPisu

Awards
Re: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

I thought the demo for this game was interesting, especially the artwork, so I thought I'd pick it up once the price dropped. Seems like it has dropped significantly now, perhaps it's time for me to get it.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com

Playing this for the first time right now. I'm about 20 hours in the game with all side-quests and bounty hunts done so far and I just fought Shadar and was washed up on some island with a bunch of fairies and something about Drippy's 'mam'? I'm loving this game. It has the same charm, or magic, that just felt wonderful when playing for the first time, exactly like when I played Kingdom Hearts for the first time. Really love this game, but the AI is horrible. I constantly find myself going through all my MP and provisions trying to keep Esther and Swaine alive so they can serve as a distraction while I have Oliver attack. The story is fantastic. I really hope these rumors about a sequel are true. (And I hope it becomes localized, but I'm sure it will with the success It's had)

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

So I hear good things about this game. When I heard it had something to do with Studio Ghibli this now has my attention. I'm sure it's an easy answer, but should I get this?

I'll be very busy again soon so I wouldnt have much time for much besides school but it'd be nice to have for downtime (along with the billion other games I need to play)

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I would say it's worth it and it doesn't cost too much anymore. I also got it mainly because it's an RPG and Studio Ghibli was involved. I myself haven't finished it yet but it is very fun and enjoyable.

Valadur

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Hey everyone! saw there wasn't a forum up for Ni no Kuni (one of my favorite RPGs) and thought i'd start one! :) Flock to me fellow fans!

P.S. I may not respond often to new posts here, but don't let that stop your discussions! ;)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hey everyone! saw there wasn't a forum up for Ni no Kuni (one of my favorite RPGs) and thought i'd start one! :) Flock to me fellow fans!

P.S. I may not respond often to new posts here, but don't let that stop your discussions! ;)

We do in fact have a Ni no Kuni thread that I have merged your thread into. It was closed but it's open now. I'm not really sure why it was closed...

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Ah I did post in here a year ago haha. Glad it's back. I did finally manage to find a black label copy of it on PS3 about half a year ago, so I plan on getting to it before summer's end. So pumped. Anyone think I'll need a guide? I'll definitely be going for the platinum, will probably get assistance from a trophy guide at that too

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Ah I did post in here a year ago haha. Glad it's back. I did finally manage to find a black label copy of it on PS3 about half a year ago, so I plan on getting to it before summer's end. So pumped. Anyone think I'll need a guide? I'll definitely be going for the platinum, will probably get assistance from a trophy guide at that too

I don't remember ever needing a guide except post-game synthesis stuff. And one or two side quests. I feel like you would be fine without it :p

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Sequel time baby

[video=youtube;YH5UG7AMhOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH5UG7AMhOY[/video]

No I gotta go play this, It's just been sitting around for a year now but responsibilities get in the way =/

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Welp, guess I need to finally tackle this game next year. I got about 3 hours in, and it was beautiful as heck, but the story wasn't sucking me in.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I hunted down a black label for this game when I found it last year. Been collecting dust sadly, but if not this winter break, definitely in the summer. My back log is only getting bigger, but this platinum will definitely take a long time. Hopefully not as long as Nier or FFXIII

Anagram

Banned

Never beat the first one......

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Never beat the first one......

You and about every other person who played Ni No Kuni hahaha

We all now have to finish it. Really hoping this new one fixes the gameplay system because it is really frustrating.

Anagram

Banned
I didn't keep the game to finish it. xD I wasn't fond of the combat so I stopped. >_<"

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Time to have a KHI car wash fundraiser to get Anakingram a new copy.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
So that means Level 5's mystery PS4 game wasn't another Dark Cloud... I was way too hopeful but at least we've got ps2 classics and a Ni No Kuni sequel.

I just hope they improve on everything wrong with the first, then they'd have a near perfect game. The gameplay was a bit tedious but I powered through it regardless because the rest of the game was brilliant, until the end. The problem with the ending is that it was tacked on so they could add something extra in the ps3 version despite the story ending perfectly in the DS version. Maybe if they put more thought into it then it would have been fine to add the final chapter. However, since this is a ps4 exclusive it might not happen this time around.

I've heard the game was very much like Pokemon, am I wrong to assume that?
That's basically what it is with incredibly stupid AI party members. I don't recall any time all my party members survived with me. The gameplay needs a lot of work but it's passable, they just need to improve on it,

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Along with the gameplay that needs improvements..the world felt way to small.Hoping the world this time is at least double the size of the first.

But man flying around the world map with those planes get's me pretty excited.

Still a little disappointed about no dark cloud 3...maybe somewhere the future..i hope.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I played the heck out of the original, and I actually found the story gripping...eventually. It does take a little while, but I really loved it. But yeah, I mean I even did all the post-game story and beat the super boss so yeah :p

I actually haven't finished the alchemy side mission and all the familiar taming because they are both tedious as crap...but that's about it. So I highly recommend everyone saying they need to finish it now for the sequel do so, because yeah it was a good experience. I genuinely got invested, and the world and such was really nice and interesting. Even the story twists I predicted before they happened felt like a good kind of predicting instead of like a "yeah yeah, I called that ages ago" kind of feeling, which I feel like doesn't always happen so I really enjoyed that.

Also, this trailer made me scream more than the FFVII one, but mostly because I have been rooting for a sequel to this but I wasn't sure if it would happen.

So that means Level 5's mystery PS4 game wasn't another Dark Cloud... I was way too hopeful but at least we've got ps2 classics and a Ni No Kuni sequel.

I just hope they improve on everything wrong with the first, then they'd have a near perfect game. The gameplay was a bit tedious but I powered through it regardless because the rest of the game was brilliant, until the end. The problem with the ending is that it was tacked on so they could add something extra in the ps3 version despite the story ending perfectly in the DS version. Maybe if they put more thought into it then it would have been fine to add the final chapter. However, since this is a ps4 exclusive it might not happen this time around.

That's basically what it is with incredibly stupid AI party members. I don't recall any time all my party members survived with me. The gameplay needs a lot of work but it's passable, they just need to improve on it,

Wait...so where did the DS version end? I have not looked into anything about it. Was it when you beat Shadar? Cuz I mean that did feel like the ending in some ways, so I could see that being it. But it was also super weird and unfinished since the White Witch was barely even a thing up to that point? Like, we all knew she was there, it wasn't like a complete ass pull like some other final bosses, so it would have felt wrong not to fight her. Also I liked learning about her...not as much as Shadar and Elicia admittedly but yeah. Also, I kind of liked the weird creepy tone shift with the zombie like enemies. So, I guess I personally liked the end part of the game, but I get what you mean.

The very very end was just kind of...abrupt though. Like, it felt like it needed a few more scenes, so that was annoying but other than that. Totally agree about the party AI being annoying though. I am expecting something more refined, but they didn't show any gameplay so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back