• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NaNoWriMo 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laeril

Awards
There is nothing you can threaten me with that I haven't threatened myself with already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pros:
-challenging
-rewarding
-fun

cons:
-why did i agree to this
-diddly i've only written X words so far
-i welcome death

THIS! This is me during NaNoWriMo.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm going to be trying again this year. I'm not going to do a novel though. I'm going to be doing a collection of short stories whose overall total wordcount reaches 50k instead.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I'm going to be trying again this year. I'm not going to do a novel though. I'm going to be doing a collection of short stories whose overall total wordcount reaches 50k instead.

I really dig this idea. It's probably the approach I would take if I could find the time to participate.

Best of luck to everyone participating. Have fun!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Ugggh. I had meant to use October as a 'drafting month' so I'd be completely ready to write everything out for November but I totally didn't. Oh well, back to my 'writing by the seat of my pants' approach, I guess.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
dawn_zpsoihmx6a8.jpg

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Ugggh. I had meant to use October as a 'drafting month' so I'd be completely ready to write everything out for November but I totally didn't. Oh well, back to my 'writing by the seat of my pants' approach, I guess.

Summed me and all my usual plans up in two sentences, CD. XD Anyway, Eternal Dream on NaNo, just like here. Going to see about trying to actually reach that goal this time. Considering that it's the last six weeks of class...

We'll just see what happens. XD

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Is it too late to start if you didn't write anything on the first day of NaNo? I was... considering attempting this because, it seems like fun. However, no promises. xD In the meantime, I wish you all the best in completing this years NaNoWriMo! I believe in all of you!

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Is it too late to start if you didn't write anything on the first day of NaNo? I was... considering attempting this because, it seems like fun. However, no promises. xD In the meantime, I wish you all the best in completing this years NaNoWriMo! I believe in all of you!

Well I only got the idea for my story yesterday, so that's a good question Cinder. Although thanks, because I might still do it even if I can't do the official thing for it.

Griewer

Awards

Never too late to begin! If you have an idea give it a go! Gambareeeeeeeee Cinder!

---
I'd love to participate, but my NaNo'16 will consist of finishing my imaginary playground between exams, drinking and praying to Nomura for no KH delays. If I could finish the preparations for my little novel by the end of November... that'd be lovely. :'D

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm starting a couple of days late since I had a throwback slumber party with a friend for the first two days of the month, so, oops lol. On the plus side, I'll be continuing with a novel I already started this year and am familiar with the characters of, so I hope that should give me a good boost and keep the word count I am able to put out consistent.

Not sure what genres everyone is tinkering around with in their stories, but I'm dicking around with some urban fantasy, mystery, and (of course) making it hella gay. If I had to compare it to anything, I'd say it shows a similar blend of genres we saw in Buffy and early Bleach.

Lonbilly

Awards
Currently only at 2,068 words, but seeing as how all of that was from today alone, if I can keep that up these next few days, I should be able to catch back up no problem. It helps that what I'm writing right now is actually pretty fun and doesn't feel like a chore... yet.

tumblr_og250pi4hJ1ugvzu5o1_500.jpg

(lol same)

Santana-s-quotes-rachel-kurt-and-santana-35463776-245-146.gif

This year might just be my year to get past my cursed 12k mark. I'm almost halfway to that point, so I'm feeling confident. :D

Do it, Sora, we believe in ya.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Hey, guys. How's everyone faring in NaNo land thus far?:)

For the first time ever, I'm actually editing an already existing story for it and not doing something new.

And I almost feel like I'm cheating a little bit (since, technically, that is breaking the rules--not that anyone really cares, as the whole point of NaNoWriMo is just to get you writing), but I am liking how my novel is shaping up in its third draft (even if editing is sort of the bane of my existence; I just hate doing it for some reason).

Anywho, the book's actually the story that KitKat on here was awesome enough to read and get back to me on (so I'm now using her feedback to make the novel even better), so wish me luck, guys!

I'm actually hoping to show this to an agent eventually (probably after the fifth draft, if not later), so I'll need all the positive energy I can get. LOL.

Anyway, I'm curious: How long have you guys been doing NaNoWriMo for? I've been doing it faithfully since 2009... man, is that hard to believe now. LOL.

Griewer

Awards
I started my project a week early and I've just crossed the 12.000 mark yesterday. But I'm quite pleased with how things are going (even though it is not strictly a novel but rather the background material for the actual story).

btw is anyone planning to share their story at the end of the month or at a yet uncertain point in the future? I'd be actually interested in reading other people's stories so if anyone would want to share his/her lil' story give me a shout! :'DD

Lonbilly

Awards
I'm just under the 4,000 word count. I'm gonna try and focus on it more on my day off since real life things and friends keep getting in the way of me being productive, lol. (As well as the tv show Revenge)

I more or less blame it on the fact that I reached a point in one of my scenes in the story where I was kind of bored/unsure of what to do with it, so I hastily threw an ending onto that scene to move on to something I actually did wanna write. I hear it's always better to skip ahead/cut a scene early if it is stumping you like that, and I believe it, since he next part I'm on is relatively more exciting.

As for what Griewer brought up, I may potentally post the story sometime in December when it's more presentable and cohesive for (much-needed) critique, since ideally, once this story is drafted and edited (and had a few eyes on it), I would like to send it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back