• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine and the Keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bemmers789

I know this may very well be considered a stupid question, but... Why again can Namine not use the Keyblade? Riku explained to Sora in KHII that Roxas could use the Keyblade because he was Sora's Nobody. So why couldn't Namine,[SPOILER="] being created from two Keyblade wielders,[/SPOILER], use the Keyblade?

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
If I remember correctly, Roxas could wield due to Ven's heart-- the heart of a keyblade wielder-- being inside of him. He was wielding Ven's keyblade.

Namine' is the Nobody of a Princess of Heart, but she came from Sora, and she doesn't really have a body. She is something that really should not exist, even when compared to the other Nobodies like Demyx or Roxas.

She could be her own person, but she returned to Kairi-- leaving us to believe that she really is Kairi's Nobody, which means that Namine' didn't quite have a heart. I haven't finished RE:Coded, which was supposed to examine just what Namine' is (at least, for the characters), so I'm going to finish with "She's complicated," along with what I said above... and understand that she just couldn't wield.

Crystal

Silver Member
Wait,does Namine had a Heart? To wield a keyblade, it needs a heart ,right?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If I remember correctly, Roxas could wield due to Ven's heart-- the heart of a keyblade wielder-- being inside of him. He was wielding Ven's keyblade.

That's not quite true. Roxas wielded Sora's keyblade in his primary hand. Sora and Roxas even used the same keyblade in different places at once.
A nobody of a keyblade wielder can always wield the keyblade of his/her somebody.

Roxas's second keyblade was Ven's. As when Xion died, Roxas suffered an emotional shock, a shock which enabled him, together with him absorbing Xion, to gain access to Ven's injured heart and pull out/activate Ven's keyblade.

Oe98 said:
Namine' is the Nobody of a Princess of Heart, but she came from Sora, and she doesn't really have a body. She is something that really should not exist, even when compared to the other Nobodies like Demyx or Roxas.

She could be her own person, but she returned to Kairi-- leaving us to believe that she really is Kairi's Nobody, which means that Namine' didn't quite have a heart. I haven't finished RE:Coded, which was supposed to examine just what Namine' is (at least, for the characters), so I'm going to finish with "She's complicated," along with what I said above... and understand that she just couldn't wield.

Naminé is indeed complicated and Coded hasn't shed a definitive light on what for a type of being she "really" was (as she's now back with Kairi) either. But as she came from Kairi's heart using Sora's body and soul, she stems originally from Kairi. So, while Kairi's heart has the accidental inheritance ceremony and is qualified as a wielder Kairi has not awaken as a wielder yet, no keyblade choose Kairi, so there is no keyblade for Naminé to wield, as her somebody doesn't have one.

Crystal said:
Wait,does Namine had a Heart? To wield a keyblade, it needs a heart ,right?
Some people suspect Naminé may had a heart because she seemed to have real emotions, just like Roxas.
Not exactly, the nobody of a keyblade wielder can always wield the keyblade of his/her somebody, because that nobody originated from the "wielder"-heart of his/her somebody.

Crystal

Silver Member
Some people suspect Naminé may had a heart because she seemed to have real emotions, just like Roxas.
Not exactly, the nobody of a keyblade wielder can always wield the keyblade of his/her somebody, because that nobody originated from the "wielder"-heart of his/her somebody.

If Namine has heart ,who's heart is that?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That is the core question here, which isn't really answerable.
Before we can even think of speculating on Naminé's heart, which perhaps isn't even the heart from someone, but maybe a new heart, we need more information on the issue.

Anything more regarding this would be just shooting wildly in the blue, as the assumption that Naminé may have had a heart is itself a speculation.

Crystal

Silver Member
That is the core question here, which isn't really answerable.
Before we can even think of speculating on Naminé's heart, which perhaps isn't even the heart from someone, but maybe a new heart, we need more information on the issue.

Anything more regarding this would be just shooting wildly in the blue, as the assumption that Naminé may have had a heart is itself a speculation.

IF Namine had a heart, hopefully, she will become an independent existence in future game.
I know it's impossible D:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
IF Namine had a heart, hopefully, she will become an independent existence in future game.
I know it's impossible D:

With Nomura and the power of Deus Ex Machina nothing is impossible...lol.

If it will make sense of not is another question.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Isn't it due to Ven's "leaked" emotions that has affected Namine too?
Btw, what is Deus Ex Machina ? xD

That's actually another interesting spin to it. Naminé was born using Sora's body after all. In this body lay Ven's crippled heart, kicked out of Sora's which became a heartless. Her blonde hair may then be a nod back to this occurence.
If emotions really can be "leaked" and possibly divided Naminé could have siphoned emotions from Ven's heart too, it's at least a possibility.

---
A Deus Ex Machina is a plot device inside a story which resolves a seemingly impossible or highly dangerous situation with a surprising appearance of an solution.
Depending on how that solution is presented it can be a good, reasonable DEM or a bad, nonsense DEM.
I.e. in KH 2 when Sora, Donald and Goofy in Twilight Town were attacked by nobodies (after they just woke up) and about to lose, Mickey jumped in and saved them => classic case of a Deus Ex Machina.
Kairi saving Sora from being a heartless by purifying him => also a DEM.

Crystal

Silver Member
Isn't it due to Ven's "leaked" emotions that has affected Namine too?

That's an interesting ideas, since Namine was born by using Sora's body when the time Kairi left his body.
I wonder how Namine could have the ability of rearraging the memories.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
She doesn't have a Heart. Thats why. Roxas does, Namine doesn't.

Box_ghost

Nah. roxas could wield the Keyblade because he was Sora's nobody.
Dual Wielding was all Ven though.

IF she had a heart, it's quite possible that she had a phantom, nobody heart that just came into being.

A Deus Ex Machina is a plot device inside a story which resolves a seemingly impossible or highly dangerous situation with a surprising appearance of an solution.
Depending on how that solution is presented it can be a good, reasonable DEM or a bad, nonsense DEM.
I.e. in KH 2 when Sora, Donald and Goofy in Twilight Town were attacked by nobodies (after they just woke up) and about to lose, Mickey jumped in and saved them => classic case of a Deus Ex Machina.
Kairi saving Sora from being a heartless by purifying him => also a DEM.

Those aren't really good examples though.

Originally, the nobodies were going to ambush them and knock them out. I'd couple this with the fact that they haven't fought in a year and they were fighting an unknown enemy, it'd have been natural they'd get their asses kicked so easily. Y'know, atrophy and all. Mickey watching over them and saving them at that moment wouldn't have been a DEM so much as it was him guiding them in the right direction, making sure that they don't get off track.

Neither is the Kairi thing. Her heart was pure light, why would it be DEM for her to be able to purify darkness? Not only that, but the game needed for Sora to return. We had to finish the game somehow.

No, a real DEM would be Xion's ability to pwn Xigbar in that cutscene where he saw Ven. Not only that, Sora CLEAVING FUCKING BUILDINGS IN HALF AND JUMPING OVERNINTHOWZAND FEET IN THE AIR would be excellent examples of a Deus ex Machina.

Key of Valor

The Professor
It was officially confirmed that a heart is required to wield a Keyblade.
Namine doesn't have a heart, so she can't wield a Keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back