• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Man wants to marry comic-book character [An Actual News Story]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
And that's when you know you're overly obsessed with your comics...o_O

Still, that's just insane.
There's nothing coming out of it. That's just marrying a piece of paper with a person on it who isn't real.
*sigh* There are better things to do than that.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
This is so very, very sad.

Aye, I pity the poor love deprived soul. These kinda people need "special" help. Someone needs to get him a therapist or a prostitute.

He'd probably get more out of the prostitute. :v Just have to pay her a little more so she'll cosplay.

Trag

Bronze Member
Faye Valentine could finally be mine...

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Urgh. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A

Azrael

*note: I wasn't sure whether this belonged in the anime/manga section, but i thought the topic could spread into other areas, so yeah!*

I found a rather random news article the other day, and thought I should share it with the world xD

Man wants to marry comic-book character <<< link

Yes, you read that correctly xD

Let us discuss, laugh, etc

Finally, Olette can be mines!!!!!! *shot by Hayner and Pence*

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
just when the world wasn't messed up. Man if this does go threw, I woudl love to see how they would make out.

Z

Zane_Truhart

Hmm... my chance to marry Outlaw Star's Aisha Clanclan...? Or perhaps Ohka from dotHack://Twilight...? Nah, I'll just stick to drawing fan art lol, I can be a little bit obsessive, but not THAT obsessive. I mean, srsly, MARRYING a manga character? Wow, what an otaku. And this time I mean otaku in a BAD sense (wheras I usually mean it in just a playful, teasing way.).

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
There are a lot of tards here who think love is a physical process only...

In short this potential marriage is just a re-ownership of copyright, i'd whore out my wife if that were the case so I can have the money rolling in...

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh, this is the guy who wants to marry Mikuru.

Retarded idea.

It's motherfucking Mikuru! You can blame him?

Hmm... my chance to marry Outlaw Star's Aisha Clanclan...?

Melfina is better.

So, I gotta wonder, if this gets passed, how copyrights will play into all of this. Also, should this happen to include all the benefits of marriage, tax breaks being the most notable one, how many people do you think are going to try to just make up some random character just for those benefits? If divorces spawn from this, I'm going to fucking laugh.

Also, because this is incredibly relevant:

so ronery ;_;

Losthearts

Dear god! Head for the hills! Hide the kids! Thank god its only in japan and just a fad I mean if the prime minter is too busy dealing with real issues and liveing the REAL wolrd to doesn't care about some losers wishes.

Emo-Tional

Japan doesn't allow same-sex marriages, so what makes him think that they'll approve this??

captain

Bronze Member
I'f love to marry a fictional character... Unfortunately I'm not good with long distance relationships.

Avalon

?Templar King?
Website
knightly-gamers.com
It doesn't say who he wants to marry..............

If it's Hinata, he's got another thing coming.
Someone wants to get into Hinatas panties.
There are a lot of tards here who think love is a physical process only...

In short this potential marriage is just a re-ownership of copyright, i'd whore out my wife if that were the case so I can have the money rolling in...

Love isn't only a physical thing. I know that myself. And you have the right idea. Whore her out and get a shit load of money. I like your thinking.

As to the guy. I can understand him wanting this. Do I approve? Sure. I mean, it's not hurting anyone is it? If it makes him happy why not?

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
"I am no longer interested in three dimensions. I would even like to become a resident of the two-dimensional world."

*coughs*

ahahaha. That's disillusioned. Much fiction is highly idealised and sentimentalized anyway, he's just being indulgent.

He's in love with a concept, not a reality. We all want to escape sometimes, but y'know, it's not like we can ignore the real world.

I'm wondering whether this is serious. As people have already mentioned, there's no way a comic character can give consent...it's almost a bit like marrying a dead person.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Now, now. The anime/manga super-fans obviously don't think they're marrying a dead person, do they?

I can't believe I'm saying something to uphold them, but if you want to look on the flipside of things, the character was never really born, so they can't be marrying a dead person, can they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back