• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Maleficent

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Able_Beard

Banned
Re: Maleficent the movie

I considered that afterwords..and Maleficent isn't as ugly as I was thinking.maybe I was just thinking of something different..I dunno, anything can be done in movies...

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

I'm not confident she'll stick with the movie anyway, so who knows. The screenplay is still just being written and a lot can happen in pre-production.

Able_Beard

Banned

Is it weird I think Scarlett Johansson would be kind good in this role?

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

hahaha yes

she's too thick and she has zero acting ability

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

lol what the original story of alice in wonderland had a very dark theme there was nothing light hearted about. the closet to the original story is american mcgee alice: madness return. it epitomizes what the story should have and would all ways be.
At the risk of totally derailing the thread: Uh, no. The Alice books were silly, whimsical, and very plainly suited to children. If you think they were comparable in tone to McGee's re-visioning, then you need to actually pick up the books sometime.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

At the risk of totally derailing the thread: Uh, no. The Alice books were silly, whimsical, and very plainly suited to children. If you think they were comparable in tone to McGee's re-visioning, then you need to actually pick up the books sometime.

Some well-placed irony.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Awesome! one of my favorite villians, I just hope he doesn't change her to much. can't wait for a trailer

Relix

A traveler
Awards

not sure how I feel about this e.e

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

On the good side, it's from the villain's POV.

On the possibly bad side, it's Tim Burton we're talking about.

But then again, there's no previews yet.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

On the good side, it's from the villain's POV.

On the possibly bad side, it's Tim Burton we're talking about.

But then again, there's no previews yet.

Yeah its cool that its from Maleficent's side. Wait...what?

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

The OP is old. I'm pretty sure Tim Burton has already confirmed that he won't be doing this due to scheduling conflicts. Angelina is still up in the air, but she's indicated in the past that though she's a very big fan of the character she was pretty set on working with Burton.
21ec84n.jpg

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Yeah I really don't know if the film will even be made at this point.

nubstyle

How is Tim Burton directing this bad? He would be perfect for this kind of film.

Cept now he's gone, so im sure this is gonna suck. Especially since its live action.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Really, guys, Burton has way more hits than misses.granted his misses are always adaptations, but still The problem with Alice was in the writing (which was not Burton), Tim Burton's part in it was nothing but great.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I don't have a problem with Burton at all D: he's excellent most of the time

Able_Beard

Banned

Besides when he casts his wife...

I mean I don't hate the guy..Just most of the movies I've seen by him, just scream "I wanna be emo and goth and out there, yet I can't be!" Like most goth kids themselves. And I don't blame Timmy boy for Alice in Wonderland sucking..I mean that story has been whored out more then any story ever and every writer who get's there black fingernail polished fingers on it try to make it darker and darker each time. That's what twisted Alice in Wonderland from, happy kid book to, deep seeded mental brain fuck..maybe that;s just my thinking of it. They started doing the same thing with Peter Pain and thank God that bombed in theaters so they couldn't continue.

But tbh the more I think about it the worse this idea sits with me. I would love to see a Disney movie from a villain character's prospective, but when it's one that's already done, just means less magic and original story, more rehash of an old story done over again.Going backwards in movies never really works..cause you sit through it while she's fighting the prince or cursing the family thinking "Well obviously they live, I saw all this already." Knowing information is fun, but the build up means nothing when you know the end..just me

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

This. Maleficent makes all the other Disney villains look like amateurs. She's more sadistic and powerful than any of the others.

I know this post is almost a year old, but seriously.

The Horned King would like to have a word with you, bud~

WDCATH6.jpg

That said, doesn't look like this movie will be happening anytime soon~

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

How is Tim Burton directing this bad? He would be perfect for this kind of film.

He's just a bland, predictable director and I can't recall liking a film by him in years.

but he's not doing this anymore so it doesn't matter

Back