• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Maleficent

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Re: Maleficent the movie

Sounds like it`s going to be a pretty cool movie. Maleficent is one of the best Disney villains of all time. When I was little she was the only one that really scared me. Haha. I`d probaly go see this movie.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

I still have nightmares from watching Sleeping Beauty during a dark and stormy night at my grandparents' old house when I was two (My Mom's idea to help me fall asleep. =/)

Hope this turns out good! 8D

kago

There’s been a lot of talk about Angelina Jolie possibly playing Egyptian queen Cleopatra in a musical directed by Steven Soderbergh or playing the witch Maleficent in Tim Burton’s reimagining of the Sleeping Beauty tale, but it doesn’t look like either is immediately on the horizon for the actress. “It got out that we may be doing them, but we’re so in the early stages,” she told Coming Soon.
“Neither one has a script, but I’ve loved Maleficent since I was a little girl, so when I heard somebody may be doing it, I was the first one to try to (get it). I would love to work with (Tim Burton), it would be a dream to work with him. I think he’s just extraordinary.”

source: TBA

E

Eyesore

Shit, this sounds like it could turn out great.
I'm down.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Can't wait for this movie! Tim Burton movies always make me giddy. THIS WILL BE GREAT! I feel it in my bones.

Kingdom Hearts videogames, both times as the supreme evil mastermind behind the heroes’ and heroines’ suffering.

hehe. In KH1 she was used

The_Savage_Nymph

I wouldn't mind if they started out with her being with Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather as the "purple fairy" and then slowly seeing her descent into evil.

This.

Maleficent is my favourite Disney character of all time, so I can't wait till the movie comes out! I won't be impressed if Helena Bonham Carter plays her though.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

As long as Tim Burton puts his unique, creepy style into it, I'll be happy. Love everything that guy does with movies. So this will be very interesting to see; that's for sure.

For The King

Personally I don't like the idea of this film, while Tim Burton is one of my favorite directors I hate the fact he isn't doing anything original, his last original film was the Corpse Bride. Also, I hate the idea of Maleficent having any origins. I also don't believe anyone will be able to pull of her character, Eleanor Audley was the Maleficent for me. Yes she can replicated in voice the woman in KH pulls her off, but in live action I just can't see it done. But I suppose if done correctly, who knows I may enjoy it. I guess we'll see how things go.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

Angelina Jolie? Really? I can't help but feel that Helena Bonham Carter will be playing Maleficent. Which I must say, I think I'd rather enjoy that.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

I do not accept this. Maleficient is pure evil. Like, literally. You cannot feed me bull crap about how she was a poor soul who went through some trauma and became this. She has ALWAYS been pure vile. I cannot accept a sympathetic character.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

^Hopefully they don't try to make a hero out of her. Just tell us her story.

I personally hope they explain the mysterious symbolism in her curse on Aurora. Why the spindle? And why at the age of 16? I can't help but feel there's a story attached to those two things that we don't know about. And Aurora's curse was clearly aimed to mess with the king and queen's mind more than anything. What did they do to deserve such mental torture?

And I don't think I'd mind Angelina Jolie playing Melificent. She could pull it off, though I wish someone with a longer face would take the role instead.

Last edited:

Xenin

Banned

To be honest with you all I didn't even know about this villain till KH and I went back, watched the movie..and yeah..sould be good

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards

Tim Burton....great
the Alice adaption was very bad in terms of story.They needed Alice to kill a dragon,what? I felt like he completely strayed from the lighthearted magic of wonderland and made the story very dark.

i hope he doesn't screw up this one.

Able_Beard

Banned

Tim Burton ruins everything IMO..it seems like everything he Directs is just a Hot Topic clerks wet dream with his wife slapped into some important role she doesn't really fit most of the time, cause the only good thing she's ever done is Fight Club. Okay I'm done being a whiny bitch!

I'd love to see this, but I'd like it to be dark, not Tim Burton dark(if you don't know the difference I'll tell you). Maybe they could show how she became a witch. How she got so powerful maybe. Why she hates Aurora's parents so much. And It'd be interesting to see her screw with other princesses, not other Disney ones but just generally new ones. That way we can actually see her plans come true..

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

The OP is old. I'm pretty sure Tim Burton has already confirmed that he won't be doing this due to scheduling conflicts. Angelina is still up in the air, but she's indicated in the past that though she's a very big fan of the character she was pretty set on working with Burton.

Able_Beard

Banned

The OP is old. I'm pretty sure Tim Burton has already confirmed that he won't be doing this due to scheduling conflicts. Angelina is still up in the air, but she's indicated in the past that though she's a very big fan of the character she was pretty set on working with Burton.

The thing about Angelina playing her is...I never got a boner-vibe from Maleficent..if they cast her I'm gonna think of those think ole lips.. and that won't be good for when I try to watch that movie with my lil bro...

The point I'm trying to make is..isn't she kinda to good looking, and thick? I always imagined a real life Maleficent as thin tall and scary..

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

lol jolie is pretty emaciated idk

And Maleficent isn't such an ugly character:
33398v4.jpg

Either way, you're underestimating the power of a good makeup artist. Jolie already has the strong jaw, heavy eyes, and sharp eyebrows.

Back