• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lux Æterna - "Like KH mixed with Avatar but actually good"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Re: Multi-world science-fantasy RP; needs developing

Okay, here's a quick pitch.

Preface:
Within the future Human's have conquered the Heavens using only two instruments of power. These would be: Spacecraft, & a new type of Human Alteration Process [HAP] called Evophasing. The basic goal of Evophasing is to manipulate human genetics to alter/add/take away their skill/powers/& unwanted handicaps. But Evophasing is only granted upon high ranking military officers, who must be singed up for full life military service. But for the most part; it's worth it. The life expectancy of these soldiers have gone up ten-fold, some are even expected to live up to the age of three hundred. Because of this hundreds of Spacecraft have been sent off into space, at speeds of light these Ships are on a mission to find life on other planets...

The Human Alteration Processes:
After the Age of Restoration, Humanity had started to try to alter Humans in many ways.
-Cyberphasing
The first Alteration Process, Cyberphasing consisted of substituting human parts for machinery. Medically speaking; these alterations were great for curing illnesses that would cause organ failure. The military also secretly replaced soldier's arms & legs for these parts. Thus making them stronger and faster. But the problem with Cyberphasing is that, for the parts to run you would either have to constantly replace the battery. Or instead buy an expenisve batter pack that would run off of sun energy.
-Nanophasing
A direct offshoot of Cyberphasing, this new alteration type used minuscule robots that had primarily strengthened immune system. But it had never made it that far since it was far too pricey (& that the military couldn't really use it.. of course).
-Chimraphasing
Chimraphasing was a new innovation, influenced by ancient myths of hybrid Chimera's. Through advanced genetic real time splicing they had combined one futuristic of an organism with a human. In some cases the changes were subtle. But others were monstrous, these alterations took a deep incline after religious communities banned all Chimraphasing.
-Evophasing
By removing a womans impregnated fetus, scientists would constantly alter the genetic make-up of the child. Then the child would be given nutrients, & would undergo special care within a lab. Once they have become old enough they get removed from the fetus & had been given back to the parents. This is how it was first done, but nobody would have it done. They were too scared of such advancements. Instead they had given up such a way, & had started to work on military men instead. Though each procedure would cause millions of dollars.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

This is starting to get a little complicated for my simple mind...

Sorry if I missed it, but what exactly would be the main plot of all this? What would tie / start / connect everything?
Well, imagine Avatar but across multiple worlds, and the Na'vi used to be human, and they've got magic at their disposal. It's a war with the Neohumans vs the Humans, the former fighting for survival and their adopted home, the latter for the biological gold mine that is the entire Æterna system.
Preface:
Within the future Human's have conquered the Heavens using only two instruments of power. These would be: Spacecraft, & a new type of Human Alteration Process [HAP] called Evophasing. The basic goal of Evophasing is to manipulate human genetics to alter/add/take away their skill/powers/& unwanted handicaps. But Evophasing is only granted upon high ranking military officers, who must be singed up for full life military service. But for the most part; it's worth it. The life expectancy of these soldiers have gone up ten-fold, some are even expected to live up to the age of three hundred. Because of this hundreds of Spacecraft have been sent off into space, at speeds of light these Ships are on a mission to find life on other planets...

The Human Alteration Processes:
After the Age of Restoration, Humanity had started to try to alter Humans in many ways.
-Cyberphasing
The first Alteration Process, Cyberphasing consisted of substituting human parts for machinery. Medically speaking; these alterations were great for curing illnesses that would cause organ failure. The military also secretly replaced soldier's arms & legs for these parts. Thus making them stronger and faster. But the problem with Cyberphasing is that, for the parts to run you would either have to constantly replace the battery. Or instead buy an expenisve batter pack that would run off of sun energy.
-Nanophasing
A direct offshoot of Cyberphasing, this new alteration type used minuscule robots that had primarily strengthened immune system. But it had never made it that far since it was far too pricey (& that the military couldn't really use it.. of course).
-Chimraphasing
Chimraphasing was a new innovation, influenced by ancient myths of hybrid Chimera's. Through advanced genetic real time splicing they had combined one futuristic of an organism with a human. In some cases the changes were subtle. But others were monstrous, these alterations took a deep incline after religious communities banned all Chimraphasing.
-Evophasing
By removing a womans impregnated fetus, scientists would constantly alter the genetic make-up of the child. Then the child would be given nutrients, & would undergo special care within a lab. Once they have become old enough they get removed from the fetus & had been given back to the parents. This is how it was first done, but nobody would have it done. They were too scared of such advancements. Instead they had given up such a way, & had started to work on military men instead. Though each procedure would cause millions of dollars.
I thought someone who's generally thought to be a good brainstormer could foresee when he might be developing a possibly totally extraneous idea. It's not bad, but sort of adds an entirely unnecessary element to the universe we're creating. The focus is meant to be upon the Neohumans and creatures of Æterna, and the only way I can see these things being implemented is if they were very minor and rare until they became a military necessity to defend against and wage war on the Neohumans and creatures of Æterna.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Best type of brainstorming.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
We'd be grateful for any ideas or features people could think of for existing or new worlds, or concepts to apply.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I guess you did, but now I revived it.

Because there's a lot of potential in each world, I'm genuinely at a loss as to which world I want the very first roleplay to take place on. What do the people want?

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member

Top three in descending order: Mjolnir, Elysium, Gigas.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
But Elysiums boooring andthere's nothing particularly interesting there except green fields and analogues to very small and large Earth mammals.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
That's why you build up :D Save the best for last, no? No? Unless the whole RP is going to be hosted there, in which case, no.

But I really, really like lightning planet Mjolnir.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
But I really, really like lightning planet Mjolnir.
Can't forget the earthquakes as countries and continents bash together due to the shifting of powerful electromagnetic field lines :)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Just bumping this up for the activity we'll soon be having~

Awards
Just going to throw this out there, and I won't reveal the surprise just yet, but just know that there's been a whole 'nother level of fuckawesome reached in Jezza and I talking more tonight. Just know that you should be psyched and prepared for more than your money's worth in this RP series now.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Y'all better be ready to stick around for four to five years to see all eleven roleplays to their conclusion, just sayin'.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Please tell me you're joking. I ain't gettin' any younger, and you're telling me this'll last how long??? I have to leave this site someday! x_______x

And knowing me I probably might just stick around for another four or five years...

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I have to leave this site someday! x_______x

You don't have to leave. I know, personally, I'm planning to stay as long as I can, especially after all the friends I've made here.
Anyways, eleven roleplays, huh? Sounds fun.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
SO MUCH COMMITMENT

Gosh darn it, why didn't I think of this.

Everyone get HYPE.

I mean it, this looks like an awesome idea. And people should join the first one, when it goes up. Like, all the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back