• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Love is a Funny Thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Lol. You guys are too crazy! :D

Just try to keep the spam lvl down. I really don't care but I don't wanna get in trouble either.

I'm working on the next chapter now, but I want it to be really good so I don't know if it will be up tonight. So cross your fingers!

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Here is the next chapter! I actually got it up faster than I thought I would! ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 8 – Unexpected Truth

For the next few weeks, Riku managed to avoid Sora and I pretty well. After his little threat in the janitor’s closet, I thought I’d never see the end of him. But I guess not. The only time I ever saw him was when I would pass him in the hallways at school. Even then, he always kept his attention somewhere else, which was usually on other girls.

While Riku was off doing God knows what with his new ‘girl friends’, Sora and I had the time of our lives being alone. We were together all the time and showed no shame in our love for each other. Of course, we still hadn’t hit any ‘home runs’, but like I said before, we don’t need that kind of relationship. I could honestly say that things were really starting to get back on track. And I finally felt happy.

So, I guess that’s when I knew things were too good to be true.

Three weeks to the day that Sora and Riku finally arrived home, I was sitting in the local café with Selphie. Sora wasn’t with us because he got grounded for reasons that he wouldn’t tell me. We sat at our usual corner table after school, just like we always did. But for some reason, I felt incredibly irritated and extremely uncomfortable as I listened to Selphie talk about some ‘hot’ guy at school. She was starting to get on my nerves.

“And then he looked at me! Can you believe it?!” she squealed like a five year old. “I think it’s getting somewhere!”

I sat hunched over the small table, the smell of the coffee making my stomach turn. My chin was resting in the heel of my hand as I turned to face her, using all my energy to prevent myself from ringing her neck. “Yea. Getting somewhere. Sure…”

“Hey, are you okay? You look like you’re gonna hurl…” she said, slowly backing away from the table, eyeing me cautiously.

As a matter of fact, I did feel like I was going to. And it had been this way for the past few days. I kept getting this awful queasiness in my stomach, though I never actually got sick.

“No. I’m fine. I just…got to pee...?” I said questionably, suddenly getting the urge to go to the bathroom.

“Well, go. The bathroom is back there,” she said, pointing in its’ direction. I got up, stumbling a bit, and practically ran there. I wasn’t sure why I felt so sick, but all I knew was that I wanted to go home. Everything in this small café – the sounds, the sights, and smells – were making me completely exhausted.

After I was finished, I went back outside and informed Selphie of my leaving. She hugged me tightly and hoped I felt better as we parted our ways towards home. As I very slowly made my way there, I began to think of Sora and Riku. How I wanted to be with Sora, no matter how sick I felt. And how I missed Riku, even if he was angry with me. I still felt so happy to know that they were back home. But I was also depressed to know that they became so distant. Which raises the question – What exactly happened to them while they were away for that whole year?

I still was never given an answer. It made me upset to know that it was kept hidden from me, like the mere fact of knowing could put me in immense danger.

This made me wonder why Riku was so dangerous. I knew that he fell into darkness two years ago, when my heart was taken from me. But I thought he overcame that. Maybe he never did. Or maybe something else happened that I just don’t know about.

That’s when I realized that I didn’t know anything. Everything just didn’t add up and nothing seemed to make any sense anymore. I wanted to know the truth and I was going to find it out, no matter what that meant.

I made a sharp turn down the upcoming street and followed it a few blocks until I reached Sora’s house. I didn’t care how much trouble he was in. I had to talk to him. Besides, his mother loved me. She’d let me speak to him, even for a few minutes.

I rushed down the street, and to my amazement, I saw Sora standing outside, his hands curled in a fist. The sight of him calmed my nerves and my stomach didn’t feel so painful anymore.

“Sora!” I shouted, making my way faster towards him. I smiled brightly and waved, feeling so relieved to see him. But as he turned to face me, I saw a huge gash across his face, blood pouring down his neck.

With a loud gasp, I began to sprint towards him, my heart pounding at the sight of him hurt. “Sora?! What happened? Are you okay?” He quickly nodded and put both hands on my arms, making me notice how they too were covered in blood.

“Kairi, you have to get out of here,” he said, pushing me back.

“No! Not until you tell me what happened,” I shouted, throwing back him arms, not caring how they left blood stains on my shirt. Just then, another voice spoke out, its’ tone weak and tired.

“Yea, Sora. Why don’t you tell her what happened?”

I turned to face a bloody Riku, kneeled down in pain and panting heavily. I dropped my jaw and looked back and forth from Sora, to Riku, and back to Sora again. “Well, someone tell me before you both bleed to death!” I shouted, feeling fed up with all the secrets they were keeping from me.

“Forget it,” Riku said, slowly pushing himself up off the ground. He walked right past me and straight up to Sora, staring down at him with instigating eyes. “Maybe once you become a man you can tell her. And you better do it soon, before someone else comes along.”

He quickly looked over his shoulder and winked at me slyly, turning around to leave. But Sora suddenly jumped in front of him and punched him hard right in the jaw, sending his upper body flying to the side. I shrieked and jumped back, covering my mouth in shock. Then, Sora aggressively pulled at Riku’s shirt and pointed a threatening finger in his face. “If you ever go near her or even think of touching her, you will regret it for the rest of your life.”

When Sora said this, Riku let out a small laugh and looked in my direction, a smirk across his tired face. “How ironic, eh Kairi?” he said, roughly pulling away from Sora’s grasp. Riku then walked past him, bumping hard into his shoulder along the way. As he began to pass me, he gave me a quick glare and smiled again. “Remember what I told you a few weeks ago Kairi? I’m not giving up that easy.”

With that, Riku walked away, my eyes following his every step as they filled with rage and fury. When he was out of sight, I snapped my head in Sora’s direction and walked right up to him. “Sora, please tell me you did not start that fight.”

When he didn’t answer at first, I felt the uncontrollable urge to slap him across the face. So I did. “How could you do that?! You were the one who said we needed to stay away from him! That he was dangerous and could hurt us!”

“You don’t understand, Kairi…” he said, rubbing his still blood stained face.

“Then tell me! Tell me what is going on with you two! Ever since you got here, its’ been impossible for you to stay near him!”

“He just can’t be trusted…”

“Why?! Tell me why, Sora!”

“BECAUSE HE’S A TRAITOR!” he screamed, his face beaming with frustration. “He joined the dark side to kill me! And he probably would have if it wasn’t for you. You don’t know how many times I came so close to dying out there. But each time, I saw your face and you gave me hope. But he…he didn’t care about any of that. He wanted me gone so he could get to you! He’s nothing but a selfish bastard!”

I stared at Sora’s face, seeing that behind the blood and anger, he was speaking the truth. “So…how is he dangerous then?” I asked nervously. But I soon regretted it, for Sora’s words sent an unsettling chill through my body.

“...The darkness. It still lingers in him. It will never leave. As long as he carries his jealousy and hatred for me, he will always be able to use his powers.”

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Thanks guys! But just wait. The good stuff is still coming up! ^_^

I'll be working on the next chapter soon so expect it up later tonight!

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Look guys! Here is the sig for my fic! Thank you sooooo much Keybreaker!

love.jpg

You can use it if you'd like to! But you don't have to.

Anyways, the chapter is finished. But for some reason, I'm debating whether I like it or not. So hopefully, it will be up soon. ^_^

Kaptain Kool

If you dont like it, I guess you COULD change it, but so far, the chapters we have seen were pretty good, so I would expecte the same from this one! And as a proud supporter, I will use the sig!

Golden_x_Heart

OMG TRUE THE SIG IS UH-MAZE-ING!!
See, I told you KeyBreaker was awesome! =D
I'd totally wear it if my sig wasn't full already..sowwy!
I hope you forgive me!!!
And I'm sure the chappy is wonderful!
Sooo...POST! :D
<3

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Here is the next chapter! Hope you all like it! Cause it's very...well, you'll see!

And don't worry about it golden! ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 9 – Surprises Aren’t Always Good

I went home that night feeling sicker than ever. And it wasn’t just because I found out that Riku was still capable of using his dark powers. It was basically because my stomach was literally doing somersaults. I walked through my front door and practically crawled my way towards my room. The whole way home I thought I was going to either pass out or throw up the past three days.

But I didn’t. Instead, nature decided to hit me on my way up the stairs. I felt my cheeks grow hot and heard this awful gurgling in the back of my throat. Covering my mouth, I sprinted the rest of the way as my head basically fell into the toilet, relieving myself of this ‘flu’ I caught.

When all was done, I used whatever energy I had left to push myself up, grasping the sink for support. I rinsed out my mouth and stared into the mirror, feeling repulsed by the sight of me. As I looked at myself, I could hardly believe it was me. My face was so drawn out, pale, and tired. My eyes were dark and puffy. I tried to think of who I might have caught this from, only to realize that the stomach flu doesn’t go around this time of year.

Grabbing the small garbage can nearby, I left the bathroom and went into my room as I set the can next to my bed. I crawled under the covers and as soon as I closed my eyes, I was out.

When I woke up the next morning, I had another sudden puke attack. So I felt relieved to know that it was Saturday. Hopefully, this would be gone before school on Monday. After taking a quick shower, my stomach calmed down a little, but I still felt nauseous.

I didn’t want to do anything special today, so the majority of my day was spent sitting on the couch, watching old TV reruns. But I also found myself getting up more than several times to go to the bathroom, which I found odd…

Around noon, my phone rang and I quickly answered it, hoping that it wasn’t Sora. Or Riku. After yesterday, I really needed a break from them.

“Hi Kairi!!” a high pitched voice squealed over the phone. I painfully realized that it was Selphie. Unfortunately, you could hear her voice a mile away.

“Hey Selphie,” I said, holding the phone a few inches from my ear.

“I’m just calling to check in on you. How are you feeling?”

“Not too great. I threw up twice since I left you yesterday. And I still feel terrible,” I replied with a groan.

“Aw! That stinks!”

“Yea,” I said, suddenly getting the urge to go to the bathroom again. “Sorry, I have to go. Literally. I swear this is the 10th time in the last few hours that I had to pee. So weird…” I continued, picking up the remote to turn off the TV.

“Hehe! What are you? Pregnant?!”

The moment she said this, I felt my arm go numb as the remote slipped from my grasp.

“Haha! I’m just kidding! It’s not like you and Sora have…Oh my God! Have you?!”

“I…uh…no. We…we haven’t…” I felt speechless.

“Oh! Well that’s a relief!...Ok, I’ll let you go. I hope you feel better. See ya!”

Even though Selphie had already hung up the phone, I didn’t move. My body was frozen. I couldn’t speak, think, or breathe. My heart was pounding, my jaw hung low, and my head felt dizzy.

The only thing that kept running through my head was that frightening word. Pregnancy.

Was this for real? No, it couldn’t be. I must have been dreaming. Selphie never called me and I was still sound asleep in my bed. Right?...

The phone starting to beep, letting me know that there was no one on the other end. And it made me realize that I wasn’t sleeping. This was real.

Hanging up the phone, I began to actually make my brain function again and thought back to that night with Riku. Every thing happened so fast that I couldn’t exactly remember it. Plus, it was three weeks ago. Anything I do remember is nothing but one big blur. I don’t even know if we were protected.

I sat motionless for a while, thinking of what I should do. I tried to remember what they taught us in health class. But nothing came to mind since I really never paid any attention. The only thing I could think of was a test. I needed to buy a test.

I pushed myself off the couch and ran upstairs, silently cursing myself for being so incredibly stupid. When I entered my room, I threw on a pair of sweats and I tossed my hair up again. Before I left, I saw the bracelet that Riku had given me. It was just lying on top of my dresser, mocking my stupidity. I quickly grabbed it and threw it in the garbage can, feeling so frustrated that I wanted to scream. Then, I quickly rushed back downstairs and out the front door.

As I swiftly walked my way towards the nearest grocery store, I tried not to think too much into this. And I prayed that I was just terribly sick and that nothing more was going on inside my body. Even though I did have most of the symptoms - puking, constant urination, sensitivity to odors, exhaustion, and even odd cravings - I had to be sure.

Once I reached the store, I entered and cautiously looked around, hoping not to see anyone I knew. Luckily, the place was empty. I found my way towards the baby isle and began to scan the products. Finally spotting the test, I snatched it off the shelf and kept it low by my thigh, hoping that the cashier wouldn’t say anything to me.

As I set it down on the counter, I saw the old man glare at me. I gave him a nervous smile as I felt my cheeks burn up. “It’s for school…A project…for school…” I blurted out, feeling the need to explain myself. He just glared at me again and bagged it, notifying me that it was 10G. I set the money on the table and dashed out of there like I was running a marathon.

Once I reached home, I bolted into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. After taking a few deep breaths, I opened the small box and took out the small plastic tester. I couldn’t help but stare at it as I tried so hard to make myself believe this was actually happening. I nervously read the directions and did as they instructed, feeling the tension quickly build up inside me. Once it was finished, I set a timer for five minutes and anxiously waited for the results.

I felt my pulse race and my heart pound as I nervously paced back and forth in the bathroom. I wondered what I would do if it came back positive. What would Riku say? What would Sora say?...

I finally heard the timer ring, the loud buzz making me jump in my spot. I slowly faced the tester, which was lying hopelessly on the edge of the sink. Then, walking towards it, I gently picked it up and stared at the two pink lines that were horizontally parallel.

I felt my heart skip a beat as my whole world completely collapsed before my very eyes. Then, with tears already pouring out of me, I gently placed my hand over my stomach and took a deep breath.

I was…pregnant.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
o. . . .m . . .g! kairi's pregnant . . . .tsk tsk . . . kairi . . .sora . . .riku . . .there's something called . . .a freakin condom . .ooooo but wait who's da baby daddy????

unknow_92

O_O poor kairi but she shouldnt have done that in the first place
sora is gonna be so pissed at her
but mostly i thinks he gonna beat the crap out of riku
good update i cant wait to see what happens next :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back