• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Love is a Funny Thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

N.E.O.

Lol (crack baby)

Kairi did drugs before riku and sora came lololololol

sorry i just had to say that.

Last edited:

Cloaked-Wielder

Wow, this is so great, I've never read a fan fic before, and this has it all! I'm so glad she's choosing to keep it, even thought it's gonna be like a heartless lol gross. CHOOSE LIFE! well, good job, and keep writing, it's very good!

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Here is the next chapter. Since I'm half asleep, it may not be so good. If I find any errors, I will fix them tomorrow. I hope you guys enjoy it either way! ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 11 – Some Friendships Don’t Last Forever

The look on Sora’s face was a mix between confusion and shock. I quickly felt my pulse quicken as he stared at me, completely aghast by the news. But I guess he didn’t really believe me because he soon broke out into a laugh, shaking his head in disbelief.

“Sorry, Kairi,” he said, his voice full of amusement. “I must still be sleeping. I could have sworn you said you were pregnant. Ha!”

My eyes slowly shut causing a couple tears to slide down my pale and exhausted face. “…I did,” I whispered, my expression completely straight. I saw Sora’s delighted face instantly drop once he realized how serious I was. He stared at me for a few moments, letting it all sink in.

“Kairi, if this is your idea of a joke…”

“Sora, I’m not joking,” I interrupted, my voice calm and quiet.

“But…that can’t be right. I mean, we never actually…you know…”

“I know…” I replied solemnly, my voice almost inaudible.

It was awkwardly silent for a while as we both stood motionless, letting reality slowly sink in. Although I kept staring at the cold ground, I could feel Sora’s bitter eyes burning through my skin.

“So. What you’re telling me is that…you’re pregnant. And I’m not the father.”

I nodded shamefully, my face strictly looking away from him.

“I can’t believe this…You’re actually telling me that you’re pregnant and someone else…” He stopped right there and remained quiet as the shocking realization visibly spread across his face. And it quickly turning into fury. “Oh, Jesus! It was Riku, wasn’t it?!” he suddenly shouted, his voice filling me with fear.

“It was a while ago,” I abruptly explained, looking deep within his fiery eyes. “When we had that fight, remember? I needed to talk to someone and it just happened…”

“So you went to Riku?! Of course he would manipulate you like that! God, Kairi! Use your brain!”

“I didn’t think…”

“No! You obviously didn’t!…How could you do this me?! To us?! I thought you loved me.”

I paused for a moment and tried to hold back my tears. I needed to prove to him that I did so I spoke slowly and clearly, hoping that he would try to hear me out. “I do, Sora. I love you so much.”

But he just shook his head at me, obviously displeased. “Yea. And that’s why you’re pregnant with Riku’s baby, right?”

“I didn’t mean for it to happen. I’m so sorry…”

“Yea, well so am I,” he angrily interrupted, his enraged eyes piercing into mine. “Cause if this is how it’s gonna be then I can’t be with you anymore…We’re through.”

Before I could say anything else, Sora slammed his front door on me, the thundering bang making me jump in my spot. At first, I couldn’t move as the realization of what just happened gradually set in. I placed a trembling hand over my stomach and slowly turned around as I made my way back home.

There was no way I could blame Sora for acting the way he did. I knew he would break up with me once he found out the truth. The only thing that frightened me was that I didn’t really have anyone else to help me out. Sora wouldn’t have my side. And neither would Riku. But Selphie was there for me, right? She would support me in any which way she could.

…Boy, was I wrong about that.

The next day at school, I was sitting in my English class when I suddenly felt my stomach tighten up painfully. Without raising my arm, I bolted out of the room, a hand covering my flushed face. Luckily, I made it to the bathroom in time before my breakfast ended up on the floor.

As I was rinsing out my mouth in the sink, I heard a perky yet concerned voice from behind me. “Hey, you. Ms. H sent me to see if you were okay.” I turned to see Selphie standing there, a look of distress across her face.

“Yea. I’m fine,” I replied with a faint smile.

“No, you’re not,” she responded, rolling her eyes. “Kairi, please tell me what’s going on with you.”

I took a deep breath, knowing that it was time to tell her the truth. But before I could come out and actually say it, I looked underneath the stalls to see if anyone else was present. When I was sure that no one was there, I took her arm and dragged her to the far end of the bathroom. “Ok. But you can’t tell anyone, Selphie. Not even your diary.”

She nodded anxiously, her eyes lighting up with anticipation. “Oh! This has got to be good if I can’t even tell my diary.”

I sighed unhappily and shook my head. “It’s not good news, Selphie…” I paused for a few seconds to build up the suspense. “I’m pregnant,” I whispered to her.

“WHAT?!” she immediately shouted, her squeaky voice echoing throughout the bathroom. I could tell she was dumbfounded by this. Her eyes were bulging way out of her head.

I quickly raised a finger over my mouth to quiet her down. “Shuuu! I don’t want anyone else to know,” I whispered loudly.

“Does Sora know?!” she asked unexpectedly.

I nodded my head, but kept my eyes low, once again feeling ashamed of myself. “Yea, but we broke up…because he’s not the father. Riku is…”

To my surprise, she instantly backed away from me, almost looking as disgusted as Sora did when I told him. “Kairi…You can’t be serious…”

“I know. But now they both won’t talk to me. I need your help Selphie,” I replied almost desperately, needing her now more than ever.

Selphie looked me up and down disgracefully, her eyes scanning over me. “I’m sorry, but I can’t,” she finally said.

I had to admit that this shocked me. “Why not?...”

Her shocked expression suddenly transformed to something much worse. “Because I don’t help tramps. Bye Kairi.”

My jaw slowly dropped in complete and utter astonishment. My best friend for over 5 years had just walked away from me and called me a tramp.

As Selphie left, I felt as though she slapped me right across the face. I stood solitary, the only thing accompanying me being the annoying drip of the faucet. And it made me gain this awful feeling of loneliness.

Although I felt like breaking down right then and there, I took a deep breath and swallowed back all my frustration. I had to be strong. For me and my baby.

I decided to just go on with my day normally so it could be over with. Maybe if I tried hard enough, I could just let this whole thing pass. Everything should go back to normal, right?

Wrong.

The moment I walked out of the bathroom, I saw a group of kids standing around, including Selphie, Tidus, Wakka, Sora, and Tori, a new blonde girl who seemed to be all over him.

They all turned to face me at the same time, amused grins spread across their devious faces. Except Sora. He still looked pissed. I quickly felt everything around me spin as my face burned up with embarrassment. I knew that they found out about my secret once they began to point at me and laugh, gesturing rudely in any way they could.

I froze right there, wanting so badly to run home and hide under my covers. I just couldn’t believe that Selphie told everyone already. How could she do this to me? I just didn’t understand. It then occurred to me that this was going to spread around the school pretty fast.

As I stood petrified, I tried so hard to block them out, but their laughter was so loud. I suddenly heard a girl’s voice up close to me and turned to see Tori standing there, an evil smirk on her face.

“Congratulations Kairi! You’ve just been named school slut!”

Last edited:

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
That was great Serenity. I can't believe how Selphie just did that and how everyone could be that damn mean to Kairi. If I was Sora, I would still be pissed but, I wouldn't let them say all that about Kairi. Well i'm the ultra nice guy. Can't wait for the next chap even though I still have to read the rest. Now to get to work on my chap in my fic. Still great chap, Serenity.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
damn thats f**ked up
selphie's a lil b**ch 4 goin behind kairi's back like that and she called her a tramp . .kairi needs to go kick some @$$, but of course she's pregnant . . .whats a girl 2 do???

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Hehe. I'm glad you all wanna slap Selphie... *evil smirk*

Anyways, thanks everyone for your comments! I just gotta say that I love you all for being so awesome! ^_^

The next chapter will be up tonight. I'm gonna start it soon.

Golden_x_Heart

I'M BACK TRUE!! AWESOME UPDATEDNESS!
Selphie that stupid little...person! :D
I feel bad for Kairi. I mean, in like every fic I've read with her in it, she's always in trouble in some form or another.
:sigh:
I hope she learns a lesson! =D
So like I said, I loved the updade! I can't wait for the new one tonight!
<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back