• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Love is a Funny Thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Ok. Thanks. And I just PM'd you asking the same thing. So you can delete it lol. ^_^

Once I send in the request I will get working on the next chapter! So I'll have it up tonight!

kikingdomhearts

huh
a>

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Riku's Dawn, I'm not sure what you mean.

Well, here's chapter 7. Hope you all like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 7 – The Truth Can Sometimes Hurt

“Kairi!” a nagging voice shouted, the high pitched sound snapping me back into reality. I jumped in my seat only to realize that I had fallen asleep during my math class. Everyone was staring at me and I felt my cheeks burn up in embarrassment.

“Unless you are sick, there will be no sleeping in my class. Understood?” my cranky old teacher said, staring down at me behind a pair of oversized glasses. I nodded quickly to her and sunk lower into my seat, hearing a few chuckles from around the room.

Because I had trouble sleeping last night, my exhaustion was now starting to kick in. Especially during my first period math class. I just wanted this day to be over, so I could talk to Sora. I’d been dying to ask him something, but I didn’t see him all morning.

The bell suddenly rang for second period and I gathered all my books. Heading back towards my locker, I heard another high pitched voice from behind me. Only this time, it was more irritating. “Kairi! Wait up!”

I turned around to see Selphie running anxiously towards me. She waved at me cheerfully and stopped next to me, obviously excited about something. “Kairi, you have got to tell me the news on you and Sora!”

I laughed at her persistency to be so nosey and rolled my eyes sarcastically. “There is no news Selphie. We’re together. That’s all.”

“You know, I hate when you lie to me. And you do it a lot. I can always tell,” she said, grabbing my arm to make me face her.

“Well…there is something I should tell you. But later. Now isn’t the right time,” I replied, noticing how the bell was about to ring again.

“I’m gonna hold you to that! See ya later!”

I watched as Selphie ran off to her next class and wondered if I should really tell her about me and Riku. Although she tends to be loud and outgoing, she’s really good at keeping secrets. But still, if I told her, it would be very big news. And I’m not sure she would think of me the same way anymore.

The bell rang and I began to walk faster towards my next class. But as I approached the room, I suddenly felt someone grab my arm from behind and pull me right into a dark janitor’s closet. At first, I felt my pulse race in shock and the thought of what could happen to me made my heart pound. I let out a small shriek but felt my mouth get covered by a rough hand as a light turned on, exposing the small square room surrounding us - complete with rusty buckets, dirty mops, and old brooms.

The light also revealed who the person was and I quickly felt myself calm down as his face appeared before me.

“Riku?! What…what are you doing?!” I shouted, backing away and giving him a dazed glare.

“Sorry Kairi, but this is the only way I could talk to you,” he explained, placing both hands on my shoulders and staring down at me with loving eyes.

“Riku, I really have to go…” I began, but he quickly interrupted me, his voice persistent and firm.

“No. Just wait. You have to listen to me Kairi.”

“But…”

“I love you. I always have and I always will. Now, I know what happened two nights ago was sudden. And I can’t explain how or why it happened.”

“Riku, please stop…”

“But, I just can’t get it out of my mind and I need to know something.”

“I’m gonna be late…”

“I just need you to look me in the eyes and tell me it meant nothing. If you can do that, I’ll leave you alone. And you can go back to Sora and be happy forever.”

At that moment, I felt as if my whole world stopped on its’ axis and my future depended on this exact point in time. I wasn’t sure if it meant anything. All I knew was that what happened between us that night was a mistake. But what was I supposed to do? Tell Riku that I loved him and forget all about Sora? I couldn’t do that, even if I knew I had feelings for Riku. And I remembered what Sora said yesterday, about staying away from Riku, that he was dangerous.

I stared back into his deep blue eyes and shook my head back and forth.

“It meant nothing,” I whispered, tears rapidly flowing down my face.

The look on Riku’s face was enough to break my heart just like I was breaking his. He gently backed away from me and averted his gaze, turning to leave the small closet. Opening the door a bit, he stopped and looked over his shoulder at me, a mysterious glare in his eyes. “Don’t worry. I won’t tell Sora,” he said, now opening the door completely. “But don’t expect me to give up that easily. ”

As he left the room, I felt my whole body shake in fear. Did he just threaten me? The look in his eyes left me feeling unsure of what he meant by his words. And it made me wonder if what Sora said was right. Maybe Riku was dangerous.

I shook away any tears that were building up inside me and left the cramped closet, making my way back to class. For the rest of the day, I couldn’t stay focused. I was yelled at about a dozen times and bumped into countless people in the halls. Although my body was here in Destiny High School, my mind was far away in a place I didn’t even know of. The only thing I knew was that I wanted to talk to Sora.

School had finally ended and I made my way towards the front of the building, hoping to catch a glimpse of Sora amongst all the scrambling students who were dying to get home. After waiting about ten minutes, I finally saw him, his spiky brown hair catching my eye instantly.

“Hey Sora!” I said sweetly, running straight up to him.

“Hey!” he responded excitedly, leaning in to kiss me tenderly on the lips. “I’ve been looking for you all day.”

“Me too,” I said, linking my arm in his. “I want to talk to you about something.”

“ Uh, sure. What is it?” he asked, his voice a little nervous.

“Well, before you left last night, you told me that Riku was dangerous. It’s been bothering me all day and I want to know what you meant. So…what did you mean by it?”

As I asked this, I saw Sora’s face go from worried to annoyed. “We agreed not to talk about him,” he said, keeping his eyes low to the ground.

“No. We agreed to stay away from him,” I corrected, remembering his words exactly.

“Well, talking about him is the same thing. And I really think…”

“Sora! Please just tell me,” I interrupted. “I think I have a right to know,” Turning his face towards me, I looked deep in his eyes so he would know how concerned I was.

“Riku can hurt you,” he blurted out, staring back at my now frightened face. I stood motionless, waiting for him to explain more. “I mean, physically hurt you. Seriously, Kairi, you don’t know what he is capable of. That’s why we need to steer clear of him. If we get him angry, he can do something bad…really bad…”

As vague as this was, I still felt spine tingling chills gradually spread throughout my body. The fact that Riku was capable of hurting me, let alone anyone, left me feeling terrified. But what frightened me most, was that I had already angered him. Does that mean he will do something…bad?

Gamergirl

Silver Member
tsk tsk kairi's a bad girl . . .and she lied to riku . . .now he's gonna beat the s**t out of her . . .tsk tsk
see this is what happens when u get caught in a love triangle lol

R

Riku's Dawn

She lied to me,(Cry).The dark is strenghening it's hold(I'm the angel on Riku's shoulder).

R

Riku's Dawn

Hey!I was possessed by Ansem!And it's Riku 3 battle counting DI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back