• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Love is a Funny Thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Alrighty! Here's Chapter 5!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 5 – Accidents Happen

As I sulked my way towards Riku’s house, I could feel the tears begin to pour out of me again. I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell repeatedly, hoping that he was home alone. When no one answered at first, I crossed my arms to keep warm from the cold night chill that passed through.

Ringing the doorbell a few more times, I began to feel irritated when there was still no answer. But after a short knock to the door, it finally swung open, the warmth of inside rushing out over me. Riku stood there, his expression frozen by the sight of me - dirty clothes, red puffy eyes, and a drenched face. He could tell that something bad happened but just stood motionless, unsure of what to do. After a few seconds of silence, he spoke.

“Kairi,” he said softly. “What happened? Are…are you okay?”

I shook my head, another tear sliding down my cheek. I wanted to tell him what happened. How Sora and I fought, how angry he got with me, and how frightened I felt. But I only managed to blurt out something that had been bugging me all day. “I’m sorry, Riku. I’m so sorry.”

I broke out in sobs now and covered my face with trembling hands. I felt so stupid for even coming here. But I just needed someone to talk to and comfort me.

I suddenly felt him walk up to me and wrap his arms around my fragile body. I automatically rested my head on his shoulder as I continued to cry broken tears. He whispered to me in a calming voice and ran his hand over my hair. “It’s ok. Don’t worry. Everything will be fine.”

I was actually surprised he had done this, being that I completely rejected him just earlier that day. But I guess he didn’t seem to mind. And neither did I.

He led me into his house and sat me down on the living room couch. I tried to wipe the tears from my face but I was so disoriented that I couldn’t do it. I suddenly felt something soft on my face and realized it was a tissue. Riku was wiping my face dry from the countless numbers of tears that were pouring out of me.

I slowly raised my hand and took the tissue from him, making sure that my face was completely dry now. I didn’t really say anything because I wanted to give myself time to recuperate. Once I stopped crying, I sat up straight on the couch, my hands folded in my lap.

“You okay?” he finally asked, his voice full of concern.

I nodded this time, giving him a weak smile. “Yea. I’m okay.”

“What happened?” he asked, his voice sounding almost frightened by what I might say.

I played with a loose string on my shorts while readying myself to actually say it. “Sora and I…We got in a fight.”

“Oh…”

I couldn’t really tell if he was upset or happy. His response was so emotionless that I wasn’t exactly sure what to say next.

“It was about you,” I blurted out, wondering how bad it was to say that.

“Oh,” he said again, this time putting some emotion in it.

“Why did you lie to me Riku? Why did you tell me that Sora wasn’t home when he really was?”

After I said this, Riku leaned back against his couch and took a deep breath. “Because I wanted to hang out with you. I wanted to be with you, alone for once. But I didn’t know that you and Sora were a couple. If I had known that, I would have never asked you to hang out.”

Although I understood what he was saying, I couldn’t really forgive him. But then again, I couldn’t blame him either. Even if the fight was about Riku, it was still between me and Sora and no one else.

With a nod, I fell back into the couch and began to play with my bracelet. “I’m sorry, you know. The last thing I want is to hurt you. But Sora and I…”

“Yea, I know. You don’t have to explain it. I understand,” he said with a reassuring smile.

I smiled back, suddenly getting that fuzzy feeling inside me again. I turned my head away from him so I could get rid of it, but his eyes were still on me – I could feel them burning into my heart.

“So, no one’s gonna be here until tomorrow. You can stay here until you feel ready to go home,” he offered politely.

I looked back at him, noticing how his face looked concerned yet hopeful. But I wasn’t sure that staying here was the best idea, considering how Sora would be even more pissed if he found out.

Shaking my head back and forth, I stood up from the couch, Riku standing up shortly after me. “Thanks a lot Riku. But I think I’m okay to go home now,” I said, walking towards the front door.

He followed behind me, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder. “Anytime. But if you need anything else, you know where to find me.”

I smiled at him, feeling so happy that I knew he was there for me. I leaned in to hug him and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Just…don’t tell Sora that I came here. It would get him angrier,” I whispered.

He hugged me back, his strong arms slipping around my back. “I won’t. I promise.”

Feeling like I owed him, I gave him a soft kiss on the cheek and began to pull away. But as I looked into his admiring eyes, I froze in my spot, my pulse racing a million miles a second. I felt my heart begin to pound in my chest as we stood there, our arms around one another, our faces right in front of each other. Then it was like some strange force magnetically brought us closer and closer until our lips touched.

At that moment, everything in the world disappeared. All my problems vanished before me and nothing was running through my mind, not even Sora. I felt my whole entire body gain a huge rush of adrenaline as it completely took over.

Riku and I began to kiss harder, my fingers running wildly through his hair. He lowered his hands towards my waist and brought me in even closer towards him. We somehow threw ourselves up against the wall as he lifted me up, my legs wrapped around his waist. We stumbled off the wall and eventually back towards the living room, our lips locked the whole time, until we finally fell onto the couch.

As Riku lay on top of me, he continued to kiss me, but more passionately now. I felt him remove his hand from my waist and touch my knee, slowly bringing it higher and higher up my thigh. That’s when I knew what was about to happen. But I didn’t really care. In fact, my mind was telling me to go with the flow of things. That it would all be okay.

I quickly pulled off his shirt and ran my nails over his muscular back, loving every second of it. He did the same to me, first taking off my shirt, then my bathing suit top. At the same time, we both removed the rest of our clothes, our naked bodies up against one another. I felt passion take over me as I ran my hands over every inch of him, and he began to do the same.

And in a matter of minutes, it was all over, our whole selves completely exhausted. We were both breathing heavily and I felt my body shake in realization of what just happened. But I was so tired that everything around me began to grow hazy. The last thing I saw was Rikus’ loving face staring down at me. And I heard him whisper something to me just before I fell asleep.

“I love you, Kairi.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there's a problem with how descriptive I was, just let me know. I wasn't sure how much I'm allowed to write.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
o wow . . .lol
damn kairi's a lil roller lol
sike naw but she's really cheatin on sora . . .damn kairi now there's definitly gonna be a fight!!
hopefully u can get the next chapy up 2day!

unknow_92

now i really think theres gonna be a fight :D
ayyy kairi.....bad girl
i cant wait to find out what happens next

Last edited:

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Thanks guys! I'm so happy you all like it so far! But just wait. The good stuff is still on its way! :D

I got the next chapter basically done. It should be up tonight.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
I don't want to double post but here is Chapter 6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 6 – Secrets Don’t Make Friends

When I woke up the next morning, I nearly forgot where I was or how I got there. As I frantically looked around, my memory quickly came back to me, along with everything else that happened last night. Lying on the couch, I realized that Riku was gone and there was a large blanket covering my still naked body. I slowly sat up, keeping myself covered as I began to gather all my clothes that were scattered everywhere.

Did that really happen last night? Did I really give myself to Riku?

I couldn’t believe it. And I just couldn’t understand why I did it. I let my guard down completely and caved into his charming presence. But now, things could get very ugly. Especially if Sora finds out.

As I continued to pick up my clothes, Sora’s face kept running over and over in my mind. I told him that I would never cheat on him, and look what happened. I did the worst thing a girlfriend could ever do. He would never forgive me.

I felt so trampy and unfaithful and it was really starting to make me hate myself. Once I gathered all my clothes, I was about to go find the bathroom to change, but I heard Riku’s voice from behind me.

“Morning,” he said, his voice quiet and hesitant.

I turned around to face him, a strange awkwardness quickly filling up the room. He stared at me for a few moments and I could see that behind his shameful face, he was glowing with pride. “There’s a bathroom just upstairs if you want to get changed.”

I nodded to him and, without saying anything, I went straight up the stairs and nearly slammed the bathroom door shut. I made a disgusted expression when I looked in the mirror – my hair a complete mess, bags under my eyes from crying, and my make-up all over my face. What did Sora and Riku see in me anyway?

I quickly got changed back into my clothes and washed my hands and face. Throwing my hair up into a ponytail, I bunched up the blanket and ran back downstairs, noticing Riku in the living room, cleaning up after last nights ‘event’. He heard me coming down the stairs and turned to face me. We stared at each other in silence for a few minutes, before he finally spoke to me.

“Look, Kairi. About last night…”

“No. Don’t say anything about it. In fact, let’s just forget it ever happened. So I’m just gonna go now and see you tomorrow at school.”

I dropped the blanket on the floor and sprinted towards the front door, wanting nothing more than to go home and crawl under my covers. But Riku rushed towards me and grabbed my wrist, pulling me back into him. We were close again, so close that our noses almost touched and I began to get flashbacks of last night.

“Kairi, just listen to me. Last night…was amazing. I know you probably regret it, but I don’t. And I know you and Sora are still together, but just think about it. After you and Sora fought, you came to me, didn’t you? Instead of finding him and working it out, you came here. Doesn’t that mean something?”

I looked up at him with teary eyes, mostly because what he said was true. I did come here last night. In my moment of need, I went to Riku, not Sora. So, does that mean something?

“Don’t tell Sora,” I whispered back, pulling my arm away from his grasp. I kept my eyes fixed on him as I clumsily reached for the door and opened it. Then with a single tear sliding down my cheek, I turned away from him and walked out of his house. I could feel his eyes painfully watching me walk away and I knew that I was breaking his heart all over again. But it was something I had to do.

As I walked home, I looked up at the gray Sunday sky. And I could tell that things were only going to get worse. Especially tomorrow at school.

I finally reached my house and as soon as I opened the front door, I heard the phone ringing. Rushing inside, I ran into the kitchen and answered quickly, short of breath. “Hello?!”

“Glad to see your phone is working now,” the voice answered back. I could tell instantly that it was Sora. I would know his voice anywhere.

“Yea…About that…”

“Kairi, I’m sorry,” he interrupted, his voice filled with despair. “I was thinking about you last night and I realized how wrong I was. I shouldn’t have freaked out at you. I just…don’t want to lose you. I guess I got overprotective.”

When he said this, I felt my heart shatter to pieces. After everything that happened last night, he was now apologizing to me. Could this get any more complicated?

“It’s okay Sora. I’m sorry too.”

“You have nothing to be sorry about. It was all my fault.”

I didn’t say anything because I knew for a fact there was something I needed to be sorry for. He just didn’t know it yet.

“Can I see you today? Maybe we could hang out and talk. I miss you,” he said, breaking the awkward silence I was building up.

“Sure. Let me just take a shower and we can meet in 20 minutes. I miss you too,” I said, feeling I needed to make it up to him.

“Great. I’ll meet you at your house. Is that okay?”

“Sure. I’ll see you then.”

I was about to hang up, but I heard Sora’s voice once more.

“And Kairi?”

“Yea?”

“I love you.”

“…I love you too Sora.”

I hung up the phone, the shameful tears building up inside me once again. Sora was thinking of me all last night while I was with Riku. I don’t know how I could live with myself…

I ran upstairs to take a shower, the hot water calming my nerves a little. In less than 15 minutes I was back downstairs, completely cleaned up and changed. I also made sure to take off my bracelet, just to prevent another mishap. And no sooner than a few minutes later, my door bell rang and I went to answer it.

“Hey!” I said cheerfully, hoping to hide the disgraceful feeling eating me up inside.

“Hey you,” he said, a bright smile spread across his face. He walked closer towards me and went straight into a deep kiss. I pulled away, suddenly having flashbacks of Riku and last night again.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, giving me a confused look.

“Nothing. Nothing is wrong,” I replied, smiling elegantly and leaning in to kiss him back. I had to get my ‘love fest’ with Riku out of my mind. I needed to forget it. And I would. As long as I was with Sora.

The rest of the day was spent watching old movies, eating left over pizza, and just enjoying our time together. This is what I love most about Sora. We could have so much fun together, just hanging out, with no strings attached. We don’t need to go to the maximum level to prove we really love each other. Plus, our time together kept Riku out of my head.

Unfortunately, the time past by so quickly that it was already 10 PM. And since I was tired, we both decided to call it a night and get ready for school tomorrow. As Sora was about to leave, he brought up the subject of our fight.

“Kairi, I had a lot of fun today but we didn’t really talk about our fight yesterday. And I don’t think we can resolve it if we don’t talk about it.”

“I couldn’t agree more, Sora.”

“So…I think we need to stay away from Riku. You don’t know how dangerous he can be.”

When Sora said this, it left me feeling very confused. How was Riku dangerous? I’d known him for most of my life and he never seemed threatening in anyway. Although it didn’t really make sense, I didn’t want to cause any more problems with Sora. We were finally on the right track and I needed it to stay that way. “Okay, Sora. I’ll take your word for it.”

“Good. I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

With a good night kiss, he left my house and walked down the dark walkway, my eyes following each step he took. After I knew he was gone, I soon went upstairs to get ready for bed, but had trouble sleeping. I just couldn’t keep what Sora said out of my mind. Why is Riku so dangerous? And what exactly happened between the two that made them hate each other so much?

Whatever the reason, I didn’t fall asleep until a few hours later, my mind leaving me with many unpleasant dreams.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
damn kairi just f**ked herself up!!!! lol
scandalous!!!! lol
i really wanna see how this turns out
and what did sora mean by "riku's dangeruous"? whats that about?

R

Riku's Dawn

<----This is just as funny as that other fan fic!The light side is loving this because the dark took over!:D ;) Look at me title!

Last edited:

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Hehe. You'll just have to wait and see why Riku is 'dangerous'. :D

Anyways, I was thinking of getting a sig for this fanfic. I was wondering if anyone here makes them. If not, I'll just get someone else to do it. But if I do get one, will anyone actually use it?

Oh yea, and the next chapter should hopefully be up late tonight.

Golden_x_Heart

i think a sig would be awesome!
KeyBreaker made mine and K&s's
YEAH, LOOK DOWN! I GOT ONE MADE FOR MEH FIC! ITS AWESOME, IM SO PUMPED!!
sorry, i got excited :D
but like i said, if you wanna get a sig, go to KeyBreaker!
UPDATE SOON, I WANNA SEE WHATS UP WITH RIKU!!
<3

Gamergirl

Silver Member
oooo u should get a sig 4 this
i would definitly use it . . but that means i'll have 2 drop one of my sigs but i really luv my kenshin sig . . . .<T_T>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back