• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Legends/Myths

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Ancient Greek is typically good. Nice to see Gods who aren't totally perfect and have their flaws.

I always liked Norse as well.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I extensively study Greek Mythology. Every story interests me, but Odysseus is probably my favorite.

Norse is also interesting very much so.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
The Eygptian mythologies, Greek mythology, Norse Mythology... but my personal favorites are the mythologies of The Anglo-saxons the first known people to speak in an intelligent language that's beyond just The grunts and screams of the cavemen...

Fortissimo

Greek and egyptian mythology has always held my interest. I want to start exploring Norse and Native American mythology. Something I defiantly plan on looking into while at college.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Well, I since I moved to New Mexico, I have heard this legend about La Lloreina (Crying Woman). The legend goes like this:

A woman was walking down the Rio Grande with her children. For some reason, she drowned them and later killed herself. People say that if you walk down the Rio Grande at night you can see the woman. If she thinks you look like one of her kids she'll take you with her. And if, you don't she'll kill you.

Pretty scary, huh. I am very into legends, especially the ones about spirits.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Greek mythology is very good, but it's absolutely done to death.

Ulti has is right, Celtic mythology is excellent, albeit impossible to pronounce. Norse is neat as well. Some Native American mythology is interesting, but I don't know as much about it as I should.

And I can't forget Arthurian Legend, I loved that as a kid. (and not the Disney, watered down version either, this was the real deal here.)

tangerine

Awards
Norse mythology is pretty fascinating. If you ever wondered where Odin came from, he's basically the King of Norse mythology. I figure that's enough to spark your interests.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Norse mythology is pretty fascinating. If you ever wondered where Odin came from, he's basically the King of Norse mythology. I figure that's enough to spark your interests.

What I really like about Norse mythology is its whole sense of vulnerability. To gain knowledge, Odin had to hang from Yggdrasil. Without the apples, the gods would get old and weak. Even if they manage all of that, most of them are still going to die at Ragnarok.

That really puts them above, for instance, the Greek gods- everything the Norse gods do is much more meaningful, because they have the potential for failure and death.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Norse, Celtic, Greek, Roman [variation of Greek, basically], Native American... Ooh, I didn't see Asian mythology here. Or African. Both of those have their highlights as well. owo Then there are more recent myths surrounding cryptozoology and studies on how old cultural myths have changed to how they are today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back