• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
HEADER FOR ALL NEW CONTRIBUTORS:

As Kingdom Hearts III approaches, I want to make one thing clear: we have all been waiting for this game for a very long time, and we should all respect that. This means that some new rules and guidelines will be added for the nitpicks page, and I would like to ask you all to respect that (though I don't have the power to edit & moderate comments here).

1. Any nitpicks for any KH games from hereon out SHOULD BE SPOILER-TAGGED if the game has been out for less than 3 months past the LATEST INITIAL RELEASE of the game. For Kingdom Hearts III, this means that forum members SHOULD INCLUDE SPOILER-TAGS for Kingdom Hearts III until the date of April 29th, 2019, to coincide with the "worldwide" release of the game.

For those who do not know how to spoiler tag something, it's simple: you can either use blackout text by using the word "spoilers" at the beginning and "/spoilers" at the end of your posts in BRACKETS [], or you can use the spoiler boxes by writing "spoiler" at the beginning and "/spoiler" at the end of your posts in BRACKETS [].

This is going to be implemented in order to make sure that we all have maximum enjoyment of the game at our leisure. It follows past spoiler policies of KHInsider, and I believe that we can keep this thread happy and healthy from hereon out if we do this.

If you need a visual to help you understand how to make a spoiler tag, here's a lovely contribution from FudgemintGuardian!

cWNoauN.png

Making it extra, extra clear on how to use spoiler tags just in case. ;)

2. This is a forum for Nitpicks or minor gripes with the games, not major flaws you have with a game or anything else that can start arguments. Keep it cool and collected like it's been so far.

3. This is a light-hearted and friendly thread for people to chillax for a bit (yes, it's 2019 and I still say chillax), and there will be NO TOLERANCE FOR BULLYING HERE. If you have a beef, then take it outside. I have had my own threads poisoned by forum drama, and it will not stand here.

4. This forum may host extraneous thoughts that you may have about the game, as long as they are not in-depth takedowns of the concept in thought. This has been a creative dumping ground for me and others precedented for ideas that should not pollute the forum with individual threads, but are nevertheless funny and/or interesting anecdotes about the series. Memes, stinkpieces/thinkpieces, and small fan theories are all welcome as long as they follow these basic guidelines.

If you do not follow these guidelines, I will politely PM you asking you to edit your original post. If your posts contain any form of extreme bullying, I will take action and quietly ask that you either take your original post down or refrain from negativity in the thread from hereon out. If there are more than two instances of an individual violating the bullying policy, I will seek out a site moderator for further action.

Thank you all, and I hope we will all have a great future here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Original Post:

This thread was primarily created to share & discuss your personal nitpicks of the Kingdom Hearts series; stuff that you noticed that might bother you, but overall is far from the problem with the game you're talking about.

I'll start: I get that Ventus had to defend himself during Aqua and Terra's MoM exam at some point, but did he have to directly participate in the first half? That means Ven participated in, like, 1/2 of a MoM exam right there and Master Eraqus didn't even acknowledge that or tell him to leave it to the candidates.

Last edited:

KaitoXIII

Awards
what's there to really say about Ven defending himself? I figure it'd be more noteworthy if Ven couldn't handle himself. Plus, Aqua fills that role of telling Ven to leave. Acknowledging ven in this situation is pointless as Ven isn't being tested here, therefore how he performs doesn't particularly matter. Gameplay wise ven is in the mix, but in actuality i'm willing to argue that if this wasn't a game, Ven would just be on the sidelines simply knocking back whatever happened to fly towards him.

Silverwarrior

Although, he would have known at some point after BBS, or worked it out. He used maleficent to capture them, but she must have known somehow (except for Kairi)

Otherwise, why would he Kairi be attacked? (isn't that why Aqua's spell activated and moved her to DI??)

The princesses were captured during KH1, but there's nothing to say Xehanort didn't know, it might have been he couldn't find Kairi.

I dunno, or its a plothole haha.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Came up with another one: During the second half of Aqua & Terra's MoM exam, Aqua literally almost strikes Terra right up the face with her keyblade. Damn, don't you think they'd be instructed not to go for the face in their mock-duel? That seemed a little intense to me, and Aqua totally seemed to act like it was intentional. Wouldn't Eraqus, of all people, have been wary about that? Oh well, this series is all about face-scars for some reason.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Aqua's "Rescue" spell being faster than her Key Glider. It looked so slow too.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
all the transition screens are black! i keep seeing my gross gorilla boy face in the reflection of my screen! damn you square!

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The real question: Since Donald & Goofy had to bring up the question of when they eat during Kingdom Hearts II at Land of Dragons, it begs the question if they literally waited to eat until the tea party at the end of DDD?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
How come Sora steals a seagull's egg, yet we never see the seagull beat the shit out of him when he comes back in KHII?

0/10 worst franchise ever #seagullnort

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
This right here.

Let alone how did these fuckers know the fucking order of the names like COME ON.

1. Maleficent coming back by being remembered. Don't give me that shit how is anyone supposed to die for good here.

SnowBunny

How come Sora steals a seagull's egg, yet we never see the seagull beat the shit out of him when he comes back in KHII?

0/10 worst franchise ever #seagullnort

That could've been an epic secret boss right there. In fact a whole side game dedicated to seagullnort's revenge. I would play.

ImVentus

Awards
Aqua saying Ven & Terra would make the weirdest of brothers. Then laughs awkwardly for almost 15 seconds trying to make the player giggle at something that was barely funny to begin with.

A lot of moments like that happened in 358/2 days

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Aqua saying Ven & Terra would make the weirdest of brothers. Then laughs awkwardly for almost 15 seconds trying to make the player giggle at something that was barely funny to begin with.

A lot of moments like that happened in 358/2 days

To be fair, 358/2 Days did have a couple of funny lines.

"Roxas... that's a stick."

Gets me every time.

Back