• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
On the topic of keyblades, the fact that they had the concept of changing the look of them for leveling up RIGHT THERE due to KHUX, and did NOTHING of the likes...is beyond me.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Also my other issue is that Replica Riku gets Riku’s Way to Dawn but...never...uses it? Nomura, what was the point?
I'm thinking it's one of two equal possibilities.

1. Replica Riku will return in KH4 and use it then.

2. The "other me" Riku was referring to was actually his past self and he gained Way to Dawn through time travel shenanigans.

Last edited:

kaseykockroach

Awards
Having played KH3 three times on Standard, Proud and Critical, I can express with confidence that these are the few aspects that I outright disliked.

-Hundred Acre Wood stinks. Everything about it is terrible...except the perty graphics, of course.

-I don’t like the segments where you’re thrown into playing as someone that’s not Sora. It’s frustrating being thrown into having to play as a character that feels different to control, right into what’s often a tough battle (especially Vanitas on Critical) before you have any chance to get used to playing as them. Thankfully, this only happens three times (twice with Riku and once with Aqua).

-I still miss Goofy’s MP Gift and Donald having Second Chance.

That’s about it for me!

Last edited:

drew0512

Awards
Magic progression in KH3 is completely awkward. You're stuck with basic spells for a long time until the game realizes in Arendelle that next tier spells exist, so it starts throwing them at you basically all at once.

Oh, and I hate that you have to manually upgrade your spells.

Veevee

Awards
It bothers me that the trailers indicate so much more behind some scenes. For example Dark Aqua. There were speculations she was norted, that she was overcome by darkness and would confront Sora and the gang in the final battle with Terra having to save her this time and even Nomura said we had to do a great deal to save her. Soo, in the end, all that happened was that Riku and Mickey basically went there, did nothing, went out, got an upgrade, strolled through some unrelated world to find people she was close to (we don't get to see even one person), get back there without a reason, get whooped and then Sora goes in and beats the crap out of her. And there was literally no reason to make her fall to darkness except for stretching that plotline and have a Dark Aqua fight and fanart material. Epic.

Aaaand that you can now just go into the RoD on a whim when the plot calls for it. The RoD was a real threat once which was already tarnished by the fact that everyone gets out there pretty easily except for Aqua and now you can get in and out everytime you please. Poor Realm of Darkness.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It.... reverted to Souleater?

No it didn't. Replica Riku never fights in KH3. He holds a repaired Way to Dawn in the scene when Riku is fighting Aqua, offering up his help with the battle, and Riku refuses. Beyond that it's a meaningless gesture that goes without any payoff in KH3 since Replica Riku never once uses it.

tumblr_inline_pnxg1o228j1rdnber_1280.png

So, again, what is the point of it?

Completely forgot about that, lol. It might have been better if Dark Riku took it for himself, even if he wasn't the intended person Riku left it to.

I would have vastly preferred that, and then Replica Riku obtains it once he spirits away his evil past self.

On the topic of keyblades, the fact that they had the concept of changing the look of them for leveling up RIGHT THERE due to KHUX, and did NOTHING of the likes...is beyond me.

YEAH. That definitely bothered me. I was so hyped to see Starlight in its full form, but instead we get to use it in its boring basic form.

I'm thinking it's one of two equal possibilities.

1. Replica Riku will return in KH4 and use it then.

2. The "other me" Riku was referring to was actually his past self and he gained Way to Dawn through time travel shenanigans.

I'm hoping it is the first option because I really disliked that he was the only person out of everybody else who didn't get a happy ending (besides Sora).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
No it didn't. Replica Riku never fights in KH3. He holds a repaired Way to Dawn in the scene when Riku is fighting Aqua, offering up his help with the battle, and Riku refuses. Beyond that it's a meaningless gesture that goes without any payoff in KH3 since Replica Riku never once uses it.

tumblr_inline_pnxg1o228j1rdnber_1280.png

So, again, what is the point of it?
lol I forgot Replica Riku actually holds it at one point. That makes it worse!

Everything in KH3 exists either to make the trailers look cool and Nomura didn't have any real plan with them, or setting up the next game. I guess maybe time will tell which category this scene lies in.

I still can't get over Replica Riku not taking the replica body for himself.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah! I screamed at my TV when that happened too. It's why I remember the moment so vividly haha I was like "LET HIM FIGHT YOU DUMMY"

Everything in KH3 exists either to make the trailers look cool and Nomura didn't have any real plan with them, or setting up the next game. I guess maybe time will tell which category this scene lies in.

giphy.gif

Like I really don't get why he didn't. It's not like Vexen and Ienzo couldn't make another replica body for her anyways.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Oh, and I hate that you have to manually upgrade your spells.
Definitely was weird at first, but I got used to it. It's like equipping another new Ability is all.

My missing Goofy's MP Gift and Donald's Second Chance is just carried over from KH2, I guess. Just as I prefer Sora and Donald's magic leveling up alongside each other rather than Donald just getting "Fire Boost" or whatever. Ah well. I like that Donald starts off with KH2 and especially 3 with most of his spells already.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Well as a certain Pancake put it:

Repliku:Namine requires a vessel
Raiku: we can just make more Replicas
Repliku: Does not compute. Does not compute.

Perkilator

Awards
I just realized: the Grimm Guardianness could've been Gothel's Nobody by way of Gothel's heart vanishing with her and her fortitude taking over through her cloak (if you guys remember, Gothel used the flower that grew Rapunzel's hair to keep herself young and alive for hundreds of years, and even that isn't addressed in the game).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I just realized: the Grimm Guardianness could've been Gothel's Nobody by way of Gothel's heart vanishing with her and her fortitude taking over through her cloak (if you guys remember, Gothel used the flower that grew Rapunzel's hair to keep herself young and alive for hundreds of years, and even that isn't addressed in the game).
There should be like a bunch of Disney villain nobodies by this point. Scar, Clayton, Hans, Gothel, arguably even Maleficent after Riku poked her. Potentially more could've fallen to heartless off-screen.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Awards
Am I the only one who would’ve liked health bars to be over common enemies that fade when you’re further away (because lord knows we can’t have them all above at once) and the boss health bars be at the center top of the screen? And the enemies’ names appear over the health bars, like in 358/2 Days?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Xemnas not having any interaction with Aqua and Ven during KH3. He was the one looking for the Chamber of Waking in the first place, so why couldn't have he been the one to appear in LoD instead of Vanitas or alongside him? That would have been nice actually. Having SDG fight one of them instead of Aqua blocking them out with her shield. There's also Xemnas and Aqua's connection through her armor, but Nomura has apparently forgot its existence.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Xemnas not having any interaction with Aqua and Ven during KH3. He was the one looking for the Chamber of Waking in the first place, so why couldn't have he been the one to appear in LoD instead of Vanitas or alongside him? That would have been nice actually. Having SDG fight one of them instead of Aqua blocking them out with her shield. There's also Xemnas and Aqua's connection through her armor, but Nomura has apparently forgot its existence.
Yeah not having Xemnas and Aqua interact was a giant missed opportunity. I always figured her and Ven would always sense a bit of Terra inside him since he is basically his leftover body.

Better yet he could have used his keyblade Nomura hinted at in the Chamber of Waking

Perkilator

Awards
I just realized; most of the important stuff in the worlds is about 80% normal gameplay. There’s no things like:

-Riding Maximus with Flynn to get to Rapunzel
-Actually stopping the factory fire from spreading (as I mentioned earlier)
-Saving people in San Fransokyo (we did this in Olympus, why not here?)

kaseykockroach

Awards
It would be the only point in the entire game where you’d play as Maximus, so it wouldn’t make sense in terms of game design to go through the trouble of programming a whole control scheme for a character you’re only going to control once. We already have that flaw with Riku and Aqua, we don’t need to add a horse to play as!

And you can spray the fire with blizzard/water, it’s just not the focus of the moment. Logically, get rid of the heartless/unversed, and the CDA can get rid of the fire without trouble.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I just realized; most of the important stuff in the worlds is about 80% normal gameplay. There’s no things like:

-Riding Maximus with Flynn to get to Rapunzel
-Actually stopping the factory fire from spreading (as I mentioned earlier)
-Saving people in San Fransokyo (we did this in Olympus, why not here?)
Like, don't set these things up if you're not actually going to do anything with it.

Related, and I'm pretty sure I mentioned this one before, but I hate that we don't get to rescue Flynn. Such a sequence would have been flipping amazing. Instead we have Marluxia hit Sora's snooze button and Flynn is somehow rescued offscreen even though Maximus couldn't have rallied the Snuggly Duckly thugs as they're never met in the game.

Disney doesn't seem to understand how adapting works. Corona and Arendelle are just the movies with all the vital information cut out and plot holes everywhere. The Caribbean is also like this but it tries unlike those two. It's not like the series hasn't always been like this, but with say Mulan, they changed how Shang finds out she's a woman by having Mushu blab it out instead of Shang checking up on her while she was receiving treatment. It modified the film's story to speed things up. Whereas with Corona and Arendelle, save for the brief interactions SDG had with the Disney characters, nothing is actually changed so the stories themselves are more suitable for a shorter, playable experience that's part of a bigger one.

Back