• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III is E3's Most-Discussed and Best-Received Game According to Crimson Hexagon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaferian

Awards
Well deserved, not surprising at all. I really hope this means they'll give us a public version of the KH3 demo... even if only to get a wider amount of feedback on controls and such.

Seadrin

Awards
LOVE THIS! Well deserved, hoping with increased interest will inevitably mean increased sales for Nomura and the team. Also, hopefully this is an encouragement for the team to continue to do the great work they are doing. So many great memories have been and will be had playing this fantastic franchise.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
You should get your friend the All in One PS4 collection when it comes out.
The best part was when she asked me, completely serious, "Is Disney actually involved in this?!"
Like yeah girl some random Japanese game company just used all these famous Disney IPs with no permission whatsoever haha. She cracks me up.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well that's certainly good news for the series coming out of one of the largest gaming expos, and a little surprising to me since I thought there were other series presented more effectively. Like I'm just casually curious about SSB but I thought the reveal of Ultimate was really strong, not enough to make me want to go out and buy a Switch for it but still, it seemed to tell me everything I needed to know about what it was in a clear and straightforward fashion so I could make a decision about whether it's worth my time and money.

I was curious about what a non-KH fan would think of the E3 promotion so I showed my coworker the PotC trailer today and asked her to give me her honest opinion. She's a massive Disney fan who gets excited about pretty much everything Disney animation-related, so I figured she was a good fit for the demographic SE is trying to appeal to with these trailers and it was a funny experience watching the trailer with her. The breakdown pretty much went like this---

Beginning of the trailer: "Huh, this is neat. I wonder what's going on."

Gameplay segment in The Caribbean: "Whoa, that went from Disney to Deadpool fast." (Her actual words.)

Hades yelling GET THEM: "Wait what?!"

Frozen: "What's happening what am I watching???"

Every time an Organization member appeared: Silence.

Kairi twirls for Axel: "Um wait is this anime?"

Riku x Riku: "Please explain."

She seemed to start out enjoying the trailer, but by the end of it she pretty flatly told me she didn't like it and likened it to one of those joke trailers people make for fake movie sequels/crossovers where they cut together a bunch of random footage from different films. When I explained that it's a real game series she had a moment of recollection of some ads for one of the previous games (I'm guessing KH1 or 2) and said that she recalls those being really interesting and fun. So there does seem to be a disconnect with the current marketing angle, granted this is one person who mostly plays casual/social games. Even so, I can't help thinking the "plotting" tends to lose people, since even for me it's a source of frustration watching the trailers, and I actually know enough to track the implications.

Its complete inaccessibility and disconnect to more casual players is definitely what keeps it from being even more popular. A lot of my gamer friends have played 1 and 2 but also know enough about the series that they know they shouldn't bother to get 3 without playing like 4 other games which they really don't want to do I guess. So it actively detriments sales and such as well, but that's nothing new lol.

I guess now that we are discussing this, I really only know like....7 people who seem to want to get this, and like 4 of them are casual FB friends I have. And still only like 2 of them have played ALL the games. 2 more have played most, just missing 0.2 and the one also missed DDD. Which I keep telling them is a bad idea lol.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Its complete inaccessibility and disconnect to more casual players is definitely what keeps it from being even more popular. A lot of my gamer friends have played 1 and 2 but also know enough about the series that they know they shouldn't bother to get 3 without playing like 4 other games which they really don't want to do I guess. So it actively detriments sales and such as well, but that's nothing new lol.
I mean, there are ways to get around that which I've mentioned in other threads, you either have to really lean into the storyline or you have to negate it altogether. These quick clips of cryptic dialogue are just the worst for everyone I think, fans are left scratching their heads and trying to piece together what we think we know with what we're being shown and if we're confused that just means everybody else is either tuning it out or actively being discouraged because it just doesn't seem feasible to jump in at this point and just enjoy yourself. I think someone mentioned in another thread that a Square executive summed up the game as "light vs dark" and implied that if you can understand that you can understand the story, well then why not frame the trailers using that rubric and play scenes which actually lead into one another logically and build a comprehensible portrait of the game we're getting not the game we're left speculating about every which way after being tossed back and forth between segments with no context?

I guess now that we are discussing this, I really only know like....7 people who seem to want to get this, and like 4 of them are casual FB friends I have. And still only like 2 of them have played ALL the games.
I don't know anybody personally who is going to buy this game lol, anytime I mention it (and I do, a lot) the response is either that they've never heard of it or they played the first and maybe the second one. Nobody knows the HD Remixes exist in my experience.

and the one also missed DDD
Please let them play the game in their poor ignorant state and then make a record of their response. For science.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
100% capped means you can't even get in the line right?

I wonder if Disney is taking notes what with the reaction to it at D23 and now the insane-nous coming out of E3 for the game. I wonder if this means the future of KH will look bright not just in video games but other outlets that Disney can get from it.

Like a film series cause KH is essentially the Disney equivalent of the MCU or a TV series on the Disney streaming service.
Yeah, so like the staff member at the end of the line kept telling people to leave and/or come back at a later time because the line was full but you pretty much had to stay there in an unofficial line to be able to have the chance to jump into the line.

According to our friends at Easy Allies, the line yesterday was fully closed at 2pm and people were told if they wanted to play then it would be a 5 hour wait.

There were 24 demo units, some Xbox but mostly PlayStation, but I don’t think they anticipated this kind of reception. It’s amazing and just wonderful to experience, even if it meant standing in line for so long just to play up to the Giga boss fight (the Toy Box demo ended there).

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I'm not surprised that KH is getting so much attention as it usually trends when there's even a small drip of info, but as it was pointed out, there's certainly flaws in this analysis.

Is this only based on Twitter? My tumblr is absolutely flooded with RE2 and DMC5 (granted that's curated), and searching E3 comes up with a lot TLOU2 and Smash as well.

2. Ellie being a lesbian. Reading over what some people said about it and realizing that there's still a lot of significant homophobia in this world, espsically in the gaming community, was very disheartening. A lot people had a problem with it for the usual reasons people give when they don't like seeing gay people on screen. And that probably gave it some negative feedback. Still, it's progress and I know a lot fans who were clapping back at those people, so it's not all bad. I still think it might have affected it a bit.

People have been fighting this since Riley and Ellie's kiss in Left Behind, saying it was just what gal pals do and she's too young to know better.

Honestly, I'm so proud of Naughty Dog to be so bold and actually explore this, as well as showing that off in the first trailer of Sony's showcase... and during Pride Month, too!

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm not surprised that KH is getting so much attention as it usually trends when there's even a small drip of info, but as it was pointed out, there's certainly flaws in this analysis.

Is this only based on Twitter? My tumblr is absolutely flooded with RE2 and DMC5 (granted that's curated), and searching E3 comes up with a lot TLOU2 and Smash as well.

People have been fighting this since Riley and Ellie's kiss in Left Behind, saying it was just what gal pals do and she's too young to know better.

Haha yes, because best friends always kiss each other straight on the lips. I don't understand how that's even an argument.

Also at 13/14, while sexuality really depends on the person and certain experiences, a lot people at that age tend to know what they like and they don't like.

Going back to KH though, if imagine if in this E3 Sora and Riku had a scene like that? Hell, what if Sora and Kairi did? The whole fanbase would dead shook XD it would be glorious to witness that go down.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I played (well, I didn't even play, I watched my brother and some friends play while cowering behind the couch because zombies) like an hour of The Last of Us and I honestly just assumed Ellie was gay. I didn't even actively consider it I could just tell so hearing that people are surprised about it is the real surprise to me. Get your gaydars fixed folks.

Going back to KH though, if imagine if in this E3 Sora and Riku had a scene like that? Hell, what if Sora and Kairi did? The whole fanbase would dead shook XD it would be glorious to witness that go down.
What if all three of them did, and then Utada came on stage and kissed Tetsuya Nomura? Then we'd really have some things to talk about.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
[video=youtube;JBt6hymaYf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBt6hymaYf4&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=jib_z_nKC8KiCJW1-6[/video]

Figured I would throw this here. You guys were great.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I played (well, I didn't even play, I watched my brother and some friends play while cowering behind the couch because zombies) like an hour of The Last of Us and I honestly just assumed Ellie was gay. I didn't even actively consider it I could just tell so hearing that people are surprised about it is the real surprise to me. Get your gaydars fixed folks.

What if all three of them did, and then Utada came on stage and kissed Tetsuya Nomura? Then we'd really have some things to talk about.

Dang. Then the Kingdom Hearts 3 theme song would have more meaning then I thought it did xD

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
[video=youtube;JBt6hymaYf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBt6hymaYf4&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=jib_z_nKC8KiCJW1-6[/video]

Figured I would throw this here. You guys were great.

This was a good watch. I never was adept at putting irl names/faces to usernames. Which staff members represented KHi here?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This was a good watch. I never was adept at putting irl names/faces to usernames. Which staff members represented KHi here?

It was myself. Joey doesn’t want anybody to know who he is, but if you check out the main site you’ll be able to figure out who he is 8D

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
It was myself. Joey doesn’t want anybody to know who he is, but if you check out the main site you’ll be able to figure out who he is 8D

You can click on the author names?! I never disovered that feature in all my time here! I guess I started coming straight to the forums in recent years,.. Well, somehow I guessed immediately who was who. I must read your posts a lot or something. :p

So cool to hear from you about the improvements they've made already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back