• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III at the Future of Final Fantasy event!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It just feels kind of weird. Our modern definition of maturity often means ridding ourselves of the childish parts of our personality, including the good parts. And it's been theorized that his childishness is exactly what makes him so special, or at least is directly connected to it I want Sora to keep his energy. It isn't a lightweight burden, but part of his strength of character is not dwelling too much on the heavy stuff the way most "mature" people do. If anything, the way he was at the end of DDD-after riku rescued him-would be good enough for me.

Before we jump to conclusions regarding this we should consider that this is just one first overview and summary on the story. The "fact" that the previous Keyblade wielders Riku and Mickey are searching for are really the complete BBS-trio is also not set in stone yet.
"Maturity" can have several definitions and also come in different shades, as I really doubt that they would turn Sora into a second Riku or into a brooding Squall Leonhart/Terra from BBS type.
Ansem the Wise also says in DDD that in order for Sora to succeed he needs to continue following his heart and I bet he will also retain that more idealistic kindness and more positive outlook, but he may actually give the "heavy stuff" more consideration and at least try to be not so oblivious most of the time. This can also mean a level of maturity and it would show that he has learned the lesson from DDD.

And last I heard, Nomura kept saying his favorite character was Sora. First time I've heard him say anyone else was his favorite.

Nomura has stated several different characters to be his favorite at different times. Sora, Roxas, Axel, Luxord and now MX and Ansem SoD are all on his favorite list.
So it is that he either changes his favorites often or he, like myself, does not have a single favorite character and he just pulls out a different one at each interview to troll people who pay attention to this. ;)

It is much easier to develop for the PS4 than it is for the PS3.

Which I assume may be one of the reasons they decided to go with XV as well as KH III for the PS4 considering all the problems they had with developing for PS3.
If I remember correctly, Final Fantasy XIII itself also had some problems during development in that regard.

Last edited:

SeekerofLight

Not that upset about Xbox 1 yet until something happens to be upset about. Looking forward to KH3 I'm predicting late 2015-mid 2016 assuming development takes as long as 3D did, possibly shorter.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Before we jump to conclusions regarding this we should consider that this is just one first overview and summary on the story. The "fact" that the previous Keyblade wielders Riku and Mickey are searching for are really the complete BBS-trio is also not set in stone yet.
"Maturity" can have several definitions and also come in different shades, as I really doubt that they would turn Sora into a second Riku or into a brooding Squall Leonhart/Terra from BBS type.
Ansem the Wise also says in DDD that in order for Sora to succeed he needs to continue following his heart and I bet he will also retain that more idealistic kindness and more positive outlook, but he may actually give the "heavy stuff" more consideration and at least try to be not so oblivious most of the time. This can also mean a level of maturity and it would show that he has learned the lesson from DDD.

Nomura has stated several different characters to be his favorite at different times. Sora, Roxas, Axel, Luxord and now MX and Ansem SoD are all on his favorite list.
So it is that he either changes his favorites often or he, like myself, does not have a single favorite character and he just pulls out a different one at each interview to troll people who pay attention to this. ;)
Didn't notice this earlier, but yeah that sounds like me too. I hate listing favorites for anything, even though Sora is definitely in my top 3.

NO it cant be on xbox! if it were exclusive to ps4 xbox would finally end.
No it wouldn't because xbox would still sell.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Bit of a moot point since they buy the console the kid wants not the other way around. And the kids usually go for the ones with the funnest games and not the system that plays tv.
Besides I was just joking =/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And how many people buy game consoles for their kids?

Parents also look at prices. They will see the PS4 is $100 cheaper and probably see the greater value in it over the XB1. Not to mention it won't require paying a ton of money to access online functions, or internet connection at all.

I can 100% bet at the XB1's launch, there will be a bunch of confused/angry parents trying to figure out why the system is a brick or demands that they connect to the internet before anything can be done.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You do need PlayStation Plus to play online multiplayer though, not sure if you know that.
Meanwhile Playstation + gives a lot of amazing bonus' for the subscriber. Really, you can't lose there.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
NO it cant be on xbox! if it were exclusive to ps4 xbox would finally end.

That's a huge overreaction. KH had nothing to do with Xbox before KH3, how would the millions of Xbox fans be affected by not having it on the latest console? They never had it to begin with and yet they chose the 360. Needless to say, KH is not the average Xbox fan's cup of tea either.

Parents also look at prices. They will see the PS4 is $100 cheaper and probably see the greater value in it over the XB1. Not to mention it won't require paying a ton of money to access online functions, or internet connection at all.

I can 100% bet at the XB1's launch, there will be a bunch of confused/angry parents trying to figure out why the system is a brick or demands that they connect to the internet before anything can be done.

Especially if they stop by GameSpot, lol.

Realistically though, I believe the Wii U will sell much more in the younger demographic. It will be cheaper and it has all the "innocent" games.

BagelBreath

Awards
Meanwhile Playstation + gives a lot of amazing bonus' for the subscriber. Really, you can't lose there.

Yup! Slightly cheaper than XBLive and it's universal. One subscription for Vita, PS3 and PS4. The instant game collection thing is really appealing, I didn't even know about it until the PS4 was announced.

I'd prefer free online multiplayer, but atleast PS+ has a lot to offer.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Yeah, I can't really deny that many parents choose the cheaper option with more value. I would. Some also go for the machine that their kids ask for specifically. Thing is how many non-gamer parents really have a clue about what they're looking for and do they trust their own judgement on this?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I can't really deny that many parents choose the cheaper option with more value. I would. Some also go for the machine that their kids ask for specifically. Thing is how many non-gamer parents really have a clue about what they're looking for and do they trust their own judgement on this?

If a parent is following the whims of their kids blindly without checking prices, they are quite dumb gamer or non-gamer. Many non-gamer parents trust their own judgement. Why do you think there are so many disappointed children out in the world when they get something they didn't want (like getting a Wii over the shiny new Wii U, or a PSP when they wanted a Vita)

not sure if you know that.

I'd have been a fool when attending E3 if I didn't know that.

Also you can use online functions (trophies, social features, video services, etc.) without a PS+ account. You only need it for multiplayer, and XB1 requires a XBL account to use ANY online functions. There is a very distinct difference.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
God, I'm still catching up on all this wonderful news. Wish I could watch this. Those new renders. Gah. I'm still not on track.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
If a parent is following the whims of their kids blindly without checking prices, they are quite dumb gamer or non-gamer. Many non-gamer parents trust their own judgement. Why do you think there are so many disappointed children out in the world when they get something they didn't want (like getting a Wii over the shiny new Wii U, or a PSP when they wanted a Vita)
exactly.
God, I'm still catching up on all this wonderful news. Wish I could watch this. Those new renders. Gah. I'm still not on track.
Yeah, I still love looking at them myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back