• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 68 posted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 48 posted)

Okay, despite all 1.5 ReMix playing and also having to work again I still managed to prepare that next chapter, and a truly important one it is on top, mainly because we will not only see Roxas finally discarding all his doubts and fears of not knowing what the heck is going on but to just believe and start to follow something that he doesn't yet realize he has.
Secondly we'll see how all this misusing of Sora's heart and his connection to Riku is affecting them both.

And then there is the Prelude to the end of the conflict between Vanitas and Terra, with us finally hearing Vanitas' side of the conversation with Anti-Sora which we got to hear in the last chapter.

The name of the chapter is not "Escalation" for nothing has for the heroes the real shit starts now and I can already tell you all that holding a Mark of Mastery-exam won't be Yen Sid's main concern in short order...

#####
XLVIII. Escalation

Hasting forwards Roxas nearly fell over his own feet, still holding his aching head with one hand.

As he finally settled down beside his twin-in-looks on both knees he could estimate the damage done almost in a blink of an eye, recalling Ven's explanation that the visible form of his sense of self reflects the state of his heart.

Not only had Ventus' form now lost both shoes, the legs of his pants were also nearly shredded into ribbons, on the left leg the fabric of the pants was even ripped away completely nearly two thirds up the boy's thigh, several bleeding wounds visible.
Both the hip-wound and the shoulder-stab had also been ripped open again while his upper body sported several awful looking bruises.

Roxas gently cradled his friend's limp form in his arms, letting out a small whimper at seeing this misery.
Noticing a small trail of "blood" was trickling from the left corner of Ven's mouth, Roxas own feelings of guilt and anguish at being helpless flared up even stronger, his tears no longer about his own pain.
Why? Why had it to come to this? If I only had moved faster...ghh.
Squeezing his eyes shut he gulped heavily several times, cursing his own still hurting head and chest from preventing him of thinking clearly.
His heart is worse off than before, hngh...

Another memory suddenly hit him like a flush of cold water.
"Wait..." He murmured aloud, "...there IS something I can do!"
His eyes widened in realization.
"Yeah, "your presence does help to improve the healing ability of my heart.", that's what Ven said just after he woke up and shortly before I noticed him having "regained" his other shoe. Screw all the rubbish of not being able to make sense out of it, if I CAN help Ven to heal just by being near him, so I shall do that!"

With grim determination Roxas proceeded to lie down while never breaking the embrace he hold his "twin" in, additionally taking his left hand in his own.
"Whatever magic it is that helps him heal due to my presence, do your best!" He whispered to no one in particular.
A weird sensation hit him as an answer only moments after, that strange, warm and fuzzy feeling in his chest again, several magnitudes stronger than before, overlapping even the lingering pain from the mental torture beam .
Uh, uuhuh? What...what is this? I had this before, but never so intense!?
Confused, the boy shivered as he pulled the unconscious Ventus closer in his arms.
What by all worlds is happening with me?
---
The sensation was excruciating, as if he was thrown into a bowl of boiling water.
This wasn't an "harbinger" anymore, this was pure torment in itself, and Sora could feel it wasn't just from one person.
The brunette didn't really wake, but it also wasn't just sleep, more like a pain-induced delirium as without noticing he rolled out of his bed with a loud thud.

This is...impossible! What is this? Roxas? What's happening in my heart, damn, damn it!
Twitching, Sora continuosly pounded the floor with his right fist as he desperately tried another dive to the heart, his consciousness sinking back into the black abyss.

It took only a short time until he was stopped by the wall of black bricks with eerie dark yellow spaces glowing between them.
"LET ME IN!" Sora shouted in a mix of pained rage and desperation, summoning his Keyblade and hacking away at the wall.

Circumstances had it that this outcry came out of Sora's mouth also in the physical world, in such a loud tone that Kairi was shot awake in the neighbouring room.
Eyes widened, the Princess realized that something was amiss, very amiss.
"That was Sora!? Oh no, my heart beats faster than anything, it feels that something is very wrong with him..."

Tossing aside the blankets Kairi hastily put on her nightgown and rushed out into the corridor, bumping directly into Riku right before Sora's door who came from the other side.
"Riku? Just what...?" The Princess couldn't suppress a scream as she realized Riku's state. The silverette was not walking, but tumbling with a pain-distorted expression as he held one hand pressed against his chest, heavily gasping.
"My heart...aching!"
Those were the only words he managed to utter before forcing himself past Kairi to throw open the door to Sora's room.

Riku tumbled inside, nearly collapsing.
"Stop it Riku! You cannot help him if you're nearly collapsing yourself!" Kairi shrieked, running in as well and catching the older teen before he could really fall down beside Sora.
Ghhh. I have to do something, help them. But how? Am I useless again?

Brought nearly to tears Kairi managed with great effort to steer Riku towards Sora's bed and lay him down.
"K-Kairi, I...need to..."
"Stay there and don't move, Riku!" Kairi interrupted harshly, working on picking Sora up as well, who was still heavily twitching and screaming at some unknown address to "let him in".
Due to her small frame it took her very much effort to lift both boys up one after the other, but she finally managed to pull the spiky-haired brunette up and maneuvered him into the bed as well.

Being in the same location, Sora and Riku instinctively embraced each other for solace from the suffering they had to endure with Kairi standing there shaking.
Her heart was shining and eager to help, but she couldn't think of any action that could do so. Tears flowing freely, she desperately tortured her own mind to think of something to do.

The King...I need to inform the King! I can't yet do anything myself!!!
She bent down over the pain-stricken faces of her best friends.
"Hold out! I'm getting help!"

Having spoken as such, Kairi swirled around and rushed out of the room and down the corridor as fast as her feet could carry her.
---
Terra changed into the Rockbreaker Command Style and continued to batter the black wall with very powerful attacks.
Vanitas' eerie chuckling from behind it didn't help at all for him to keep a cool head.

"You're wasting your energy." The dark boy exclaimed between his chuckles.
"Shut up!"

A rumbling noise was suddenly hearable, giving Terra a chilling feeling.

"What the heck is that?"
He risked a quick glance around, but there was nothing unusual to see in the vast darkness of Vanitas' heart.

"Doom approaches." Vanitas sneered from behind the wall.
"It's finally time to throw you out of my heart, failure!"

"I'll gladly go, as long as your tumor of a heart is also purged out of Riku's!!!"

There was a short silence before Vanitas retorted with an angry growl.
Up to now he had largely ignored Terra's insults and countered with his own vicious statements, but this one made him truly mad.
How dare he...how DARE he devaluing my heart as if it's some kind of disease!!!

Trembling in hot fury the boy didn't even notice that he bit his own lip so hard it caused more bleeding.
"Filthy bastard, it may be pure darkness, but my heart IS STILL A HEART. No wonder you're unworthy to be a Keyblade Master!!!"

That last remark also hit a spot, as becoming a true Keyblade Master was Terra's life dream.
There was no room for another furious answer from Terra's side though as the rumbling noise became very loud, the whole location shaking.

Unseen by him due to the black wall, Vanitas clenched his hands on the armrests of his chair so hard his fingers cramped, eyes widened with growing fear.
"Damn shit, the incoming attack is way too powerful."

Swirling around Terra's expression froze in surprise and disbelief.
What-the-heck is that???

The rumbling originated from a broad, dark red energy beam surrounded with black lightning that came rushing directly at him.
Terra performed a sidways slide to avoid the beam, which crashed into the black wall instead.

A burst of energy vaporized the wall and a big dark red sphere grew so fast that it engulfed Terra before he could perform another slide.

After a second that he experienced like an eternity, everything in Terra's perception exploded into a shower of pain.
Several voices of different persons, among them Aqua's, Ven's and even his own echoed in his mind shouting or whispering the suffering they have to endure.

Howling, Terra tossed his Keyblade in Vanitas' general direction despite knowing that it was not him who started this vicious attack.
He pressed his hands hard against his own head as it felt as if it would explode, a massive mental attack that shook the very foundations of his being.

It was as if the suffering of several beings was condensed and deliberately let loose on his mind.
The expanding sphere put out an enourmous pressure, tearing new cracks into the already heavily damaged awakening platform.
Vanitas sat in his armchair as if he had a heart attack, his cramped fingers clawing into the leather of the armrests.
"Have you gone mad? Your attack is so powerful it nearly rips my heart apart!!! You have no sense of scale, you Idiot!"

His voice fluctuated between a scared and angry tone.

Listening to that while futilely trying to regain focus Terra's only thought was who the heck Vanitas was conversing with all this time.

"You saved my ass? Nearly destroying me alongside the failure counts as saving for you??"
With an angry fit Vanitas ripped a piece of leather from the right armrest as he continued to pant heavily.
"How do you expect me to be able to absorb such energy when I need everything to keep my heart stable? You're also as subtle as a herd of elephants stampeding through a storehouse of glass. By using that connection Riku certainly got wind of what happened!"

There was a small ounce of satisfaction as Vanitas saw how Terra staggered under the pressure of the attack, nearly driven to tears and to lose control of the hold his consciousness had in Riku's, and by extension, his own heart.
The next answer of his partner drove him even more angry though, angry at his insolence and his own, damned weakness.

"That was a completely different situation. Testing my state of recuperation with some Unversed didn't use the connection between them, you moron! Why did you use an area-of-effect attack anyways? The battle has undone much of my recuperation since Riku somehow managed to cut off my access to his darkness."

Terra struggled to regain some composure, the voices and the pain he could feel from them, especially Aqua's and Ven's, had a firm grip on his heart though and made his anger at Xehanort and Vanitas for causing it boil up again.
It was not a source of comfort at all that the heart of darkness apparently was in as much peril as he himself was at the moment. In the back of his head, he could spot an image of a grinning old man with golden eyes, forming some words he didn't understand. To divide one's consciousness between more places than one was very strenuous and demanding, and Terra knew that he wasn't very good at it.

"You call me worthless? Me? I triggered your awareness in order to have help with my plan. Without me, the being that you are wouldn't even exist, so don't speak with me in this condescending tone."
Vanitas' voice rose in bitter rage and hatred as the being he himself created proceeded to look down on him more and more, reminding him of how Xehanort always treated him.

#####

It's seems like I'm constantly upping the ante here, but this is still only the tip of the iceberg I can ensure. ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 46 posted)

This is getting really intense! O_O

But Sora.. He's trying so hard to get inside his own heart. Riku's in pain as well.

The next chapter will have the King's appearance, am I right? :) It's high time the King gets involved.

Woo! More chapters to come! :D

Zero Dozer

Oh SHIT, the other side of the conversation!!!!!!

Meanwhile, Sora is overdriven trying to access his own heart, Riku is having a heart attack right beside him, and Kairi is totally desperate. Not to mention Ventus in an even worse state than he was when Roxas found him...

Oh, let me join the pieces of this glorious discussion.

Vanitas: "Have you gone mad? Your attack is so powerful it nearly rips my heart apart!!! You have no sense of scale, you Idiot!"

Anti-Sora: "What the heck are you prattling about now, you weakling? I just saved your sorry little ass and gave you an opportunity to refresh your hearts' energy. Now just absorb the remaining power of the attack and kick that annoying guy out. Do I really have to explain every little step for you?"

Vanitas: "You saved my ass? Nearly destroying me alongside the failure counts as saving for you?? How do you expect me to be able to absorb such energy when I need everything to keep my heart stable? You're also as subtle as a herd of elephants stampeding through a storehouse of glass. By using that connection Riku certainly got wind of what happened!"

Anti-Sora: "Seriously buddy, has that guy punched the common sense out of you? Since when are you concerned about your host "getting wind" of things? You had already no problem manifesting your own energy through his arm and even create some of those weird critters you can spawn in order to test how far you've recuperated, so becoming concerned about secrecy NOW is just a ridiculous brain fart on your part."

Vanitas: "That was a completely different situation. Testing my state of recuperation with some Unversed didn't use the connection between them, you moron! Why did you use an area-of-effect attack anyways? The battle has undone much of my recuperation since Riku somehow managed to cut off my access to his darkness."

Anti-Sora: "Tsk, now what? You got damaged more again by fighting that guy? Man, you sure are worthless...get on your goddamn feet and use the energy my attack provided, fool, as long as he's trapped in the intense torment he's an easy target! After that, you can use that energy to regain access to your host's darkness."

Vanitas: "You call me worthless? Me? I triggered your awareness in order to have help with my plan. Without me, the being that you are wouldn't even exist, so don't speak with me in this condescending tone."

Anti-Sora: "Yeah, great, you triggered my awareness, so what? Instead of continuosly wasting energy by raging and snapping at me you should get get things done already, remember I’m your partner, not your servant. Y'know, your nearly destroyed heart would make another great energy battery of torment to fuel my powers with, just like Venny's, so you better cherish our agreement or I may need to modify it if you become too annoying."

Vanitas: *Something we will only know in Chapter 49 but surely includes some curse words*

Anti-Sora: "Now that's a good rage there, only wasted at the wrong address. Ehehehehe, you idiot, if you don't want me to use him, you should speed up already and prepare to cross over. Oh? Is that a true revocation of our alliance? Then I should probably re-evaluate my priorities...no? Great, now we are talking, you wouldn't stand a chance against me by now anyways. I have already absorbed much of the created energy from the pain I caused and intensified in here, so you would be MUCH better off being a bit more friendly towards me. After all, I do see some value in our partnership as well, or I wouldn't even put up with your annoying little ass. Remember our entire plan, numbskull, and don't let your overblown emotions jeopardize things! Not to mention, as a little additional advice: The more intense your emotions become, the more damage your crippled heart gets in turn, that goes especially for negative ones. So by the true darkness, calm friggin' DOWN!"

Vanitas: *Another thing that we will only know by the next chapter*

Anti-Sora: "Relax man, I know we have agreed Venny will be yours in the end. I won't cause that much damage that he'll be so completely broken that he's useless. That would be counterproductive to our long-term goals anyways. I will just toy with him a little, not much different than you plan as well...ah, now cut it out, you're talking like an insanely jealous homicidal maniac. Instead take some preparations now so you can actually move our main plan forwards!"

Hehehehe.

Also, Seph, wasn't it time for you to update the thread's title on the first post? It's stuck on the number 46 for a month now.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Once again this was a really good chapter.
I’m guessing Ven and Roxas will be a little out of the pictures for the next few chapters while Ven’s recovering. But seeing that the focus seems to be shifting back to SRK and the conflict between Terra and Vanitas that makes sense anyways.

It’s cool to see how the whole affair in Sora’s heart and in Riku’s heart is affecting them. I’m looking forward to seeing how Mickey, Kairi and Co. are going to try and help them. Seems like it’ll be a tricky situation.

Judging by Zero’s Post we’ll be seeing more of the conversation between Vanitas and Anti-Sora in the next chapter. I’m starting to get the feeling Anti-Sora and Vanitas will be sticking around longer than just the first arc, which I was assuming was the case.
I’m looking forward to seeing how the conflict between Terra and Vanitas will come to an end.

^__^
I guess you could say it is a mix of both, as the Anti-Form all in all is tied to the Drive Form-system and by extent the abuse of it is what triggers the appearance of Anti-Form. The activation of the Drive System when Anti-Form occurs establishes a link to Sora's Darkness, rather than to the powers he would borrow when turning into one of the other forms, so both the statements of Sora tapping into his Darkness and Anti-Sora's power seeping through are correct to a degree.
Exactly, before he could learn to take advantage of the situation he of course needed to learn how to form more complex lines of thought and to generally emote first. Zombie-Roxas in Days was also quite slow and "dumb" at first.
It just remains to pinpoint what "recently" means, lol, but like said I won't get ahead of the narrative.

Okay, so it’s a mix of Anti-Sora’s power seeping through and Sora tapping into his darkness.
Ah, I see. So like Roxas, Anti-Sora was a fairly simple being at first and needed to develop to a point where he had a better developed sense of self and understanding of the world around him. I’m guessing Vanitas helped him develop his sense of self and ability to have more complex thoughts, in a similar way Axel and Xion helped Roxas do the same.
Well I guess the term is sorta relative depending on how one wants to look at it, could be days, weeks or a month or two.

Ah, another good idea, this could indeed be molded into a whole interesting subplot, so the possibility of the menace being a Replica would have been also a valid one, lol.

Thanks. ^__^
Sticking closer to the canon may also help to give more credence to the characters I would say, as they are used in the environment they were created for, they can be easier connected to the canon characters we already know.
That's also why I do not really understand when people take the characters way too far out of context with AUs that get completely into different themes that have nothing to do with the characters. When you want to write a high-school story or some mystery P.I. novella you use either completely original characters for that or characters from a series/novel/movie who actually fit into the topic. For example setting KH characters into a high-school setting means they are not really the KH characters but just husks with the same name and appearance, often used to fuel some rather kinky fantasies rather than actually tell a compelling story.

Yep, and this is also another hint towards that Light can be as dangerous as Darkness is, depending on the intensity.

I actually use that procedure of a single POV more often especially with the main characters, although I do sometimes switch POV within a chapter like i.e. in the Ienzo & Xemnas vs Lightning & Hope fight when I switched around between Ienzo's POV and Xemnas' POV.

Thanks. I think the fact that there is a gap between CoM and KH2, where the story doesn’t really focus on Riku, Mickey and Naminé there’s actually a good oppertunity to set up little subplots like that.

It definitely does help make them feel more in character.
That said, sticking closely to the intended environment for characters alone, doesn’t really ensure an authentic feel for the characters. I’ve seen many fanfiction where they stuck to the setting, but got the tone of the characters so wrong they didn’t like themselves at all and it really took me out of the stories. Usually the characterization was heavily influenced by the authors personal feelings towards the characters and interpretation or even fantasies of said characters.
I think you’re pretty good at keeping the characterization neutral and not letting your personal feelings for the characters influence their portrait too much, they’re pretty much the same characters they are in the games.

Personally I can understand the appeal of those AUs, though personally I find “what if” AUs more interesting.
The basic idea of seeing familiar character in new environments and seeing how they would act in said environments, while retaining their key traits and personality is quite interesting. Sadly lots of these AU fanfics suffer from severe flanderization of the characters, a heavy influence of kinky fantasies and a weak plot.

Yes, both can be used to conceal and do evil things. It’s not the element but the user.

I think this approach is really good for letting the reader experience the story in a similar way the main characters are.
Though obviously in the overall story the reader needs to have a little more input than the main characters to be able to follow the story properly. So chapters where we see things from the Villains POV or from two characters’ POV are a good way of supplying the extra input.

I hope it will also turn out to be good and not just sound like it. ;)
It would probably hold some "oomph" if it would have been a normal enemy or maybe even a King Mook like Darkside, yet Anti-Sora is way more than that by now. That red aura surrounding him can also work as a shield.
That comes on the table as well of course, Anti-Sora was so concentrated on his banter with Vanitas (and in his arrogance not really expecting Xion to be a real threat, since he believed that he had scared and confused her enough so she wouldn't be able to focus for such a strong magical attack) that he was caught completely off guard.

Since things are generally somewhat dire right now for Sora's group (as Xehanort also mentioned to Ansem SoD if you remember), Xion is in the unique position that she cannot really improve things, but she can keep them from getting even worse if she plays the few cards she has correctly.
On a long-term view though, of course there will have to be outside intervention somehow.

I’m sure it’ll turn out just good as it sounds.
I guess Anti-Sora is probably a little too powerful for the attack to really have a big impact, especially if his aura also works as a shield. Guess Xion will have to learn Firza or any level 4 spell soon, if she wants to fight him without the keyblade.

Seems like a somewhat frustrating position to be in, seeing all she can do is try and win sometime for the others to get in a better situation.

BTW any chance Anti-Sora will get a real name? I don't know why, but I feel like Anti-Sora doesn't really work, it's like calling Vanitas Anti-Ven.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

For a moment there, I thought Kairi could assist them both with her light. Instead of running off to get King Mickey. This chapter definitely felt intense, Sephy.

I keep forgetting Xion is also a part of Sora. Any chance herself, Roxas and Ventus will end up meeting each other inside of Sora's heart?

Looks like Vanitas is enduring just as much pain as Terra is. So much for the "help" from Anti-Sora. It's almost like a double edged sword, when you think about it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

This is getting really intense! O_O

But Sora.. He's trying so hard to get inside his own heart. Riku's in pain as well.

The next chapter will have the King's appearance, am I right? :) It's high time the King gets involved.

Woo! More chapters to come! :D

It's intended to, lol, as we're nearing the climax of the first arc.

Yep, because despite not knowing anything Sora feels that things are getting utterly wrong, it is not said or elaborated upon in the story yet, but I can already say that he by now regrets not having told Mickey about the "harbingers of torment" before.
Riku being in pain has to do with Anti-Sora's attack which got blasted through his connection with Sora's heart into his own. You saw which effects the beam had on Roxas when he got it square through the chest, and although the effects of hearing the tormented quotes and mind-crushing pain to not apply (because Riku's consciousness is not within his inner self like Roxas, who has no outer self anymore), Riku's heart still feels the pressure of the attack.

That's also why Vanitas is so furious with Anti-Sora that he used the connection between Sora and Riku to unleash his attack on Terra. It's obvious when the whole issue has such effects on Riku, he will be alarmed and (once he recovers from the shock) investigate and take measures against further incidents.

What he fails to realize though is, that if Anti-Sora had used his connection with Vanitas to send in the attack, Vanitas' heart would have been completely ripped apart. The attack coming from outside Vanitas' heart to hit Terra has already an ill effect on Van's current status, but the other way around Van would have sustained irreparable damage, just like Ven would have if he had uphold the Wind shield any longer.
While hearts cannot be completely destroyed, they can be damaged so heavily that healing the damage would take millions of years and prevent any connections with the heart in question because there would be no more anchor points to other hearts to connect with.

All this using heart connections the way Anti-Sora does also serves to show that while Sora's bonds can be a huge advantage, they can also be a weakness if misused. Naminé warned Kairi about this, but not even she is aware how far this can extent.
While Sora can create and maintain all these bonds by his very nature and draw strength from them, he does not (yet) know any squat about how to protect those bonds and/or how to sever/hide a bond as a last resort measure if it does more harm than anything.
Creating bonds with other hearts is Sora's greatest strength and power, but he cannot control that power fully as of now.

Not directly, Kairi needs to find the King first. Remember she never has been to Disney Castle before and it's in the middle of the night. Except the night watch and Mickey (who is right now conversing with Yen Sid via magic, as shown in chapter 25 he is already highly worried about the development of things) no one in the Castle should be awake at the moment.
And then there's of course another surprise in store...

The next chapter will show the rest of Vanitas' side of the conversation with Anti-Sora and the conclusion of his struggle with Terra before we switch focus to the other running plots shortly, starting with Leon and Yuffie in Radiant Garden (or more specifically in the Hollow Bastion Castle) in this chapter.

Oh SHIT, the other side of the conversation!!!!!!

Meanwhile, Sora is overdriven trying to access his own heart, Riku is having a heart attack right beside him, and Kairi is totally desperate. Not to mention Ventus in an even worse state than he was when Roxas found him...

Oh, let me join the pieces of this glorious discussion.

Hehehehe.

Also, Seph, wasn't it time for you to update the thread's title on the first post? It's stuck on the number 46 for a month now.

They're two lovely "partners", aren't they? *ggg*

Right now, Sora isn't really sure of himself if he's getting desperate or angry, maybe a mix of both, as it is not really his own pain that bothers him but rather what all this means to those inside his heart. If you notice, in earlier chapters Sora couldn't designate the "harbingers of torment" to anyone or anything, and while he still can't pinpoint an exact person, he could differentiate now that this more intense burst came from more than just one person.
Riku I explained already above, it has to do with his connection with Sora's heart being misused, and Kairi's reaction is desperate because she was never before in a situation where she can depend on no one else and it's on her to make the difference and "save the day", yet she does not know how.

Ven's state is right now really grim I admit, and it wasn't really easy to write such a state of misery. Roxas almost lost himself in his grief and self-blame in addition to his own pain from the aftereffects of Anti-Sora's attack, but got his act together in the last minute by remembering what act helped Ven before.
He doesn't know how it works or why or what does it, but managed to put all that on a backseat and just act.

Good idea, lol, gives a better overview over which statement corresponds with which from the other side.
Piecing the statements together really gives an insight on how both Anti-Sora and Vanitas "tick" at the moment.

Y'know, I always update that first post, also because I add a link to the new chapter so it can be found easily in the thread.
In Edit-Mode the title does already say "chapter 48 posted", but for some reason it won't update the title in the thread list.
I have already posted this problem twice in the Ask-a-mod-thread, but yet to see an answer.

Once again this was a really good chapter.
I’m guessing Ven and Roxas will be a little out of the pictures for the next few chapters while Ven’s recovering. But seeing that the focus seems to be shifting back to SRK and the conflict between Terra and Vanitas that makes sense anyways.

It’s cool to see how the whole affair in Sora’s heart and in Riku’s heart is affecting them. I’m looking forward to seeing how Mickey, Kairi and Co. are going to try and help them. Seems like it’ll be a tricky situation.

Judging by Zero’s Post we’ll be seeing more of the conversation between Vanitas and Anti-Sora in the next chapter. I’m starting to get the feeling Anti-Sora and Vanitas will be sticking around longer than just the first arc, which I was assuming was the case.
I’m looking forward to seeing how the conflict between Terra and Vanitas will come to an end.

Always neat to hear that I managed to maintain the quality. ;)
Correct. Ventus is so heavily wounded right now that he's practically good for nothing while Roxas has to cope with the aftereffects of the torture beam himself (and this weird phenomena he cannot explain) as well as to somehow tend to Ven.
I admit I have to juggle with the focus shifts sometimes, but that's also why occassionally things happen in one plotline that take a longer time which don't need focus so a switch can be made more smoothly. Besides SRK and Terra/Vanitas, we also still have the Radiant Garden-crew and the Heartless attacks, Braig has by now entered Space Paranoids, Isa will in short order reach the secret laboratory where the right now rather confused Lea is located, Agents L and H are still on their way back to their base, Xemnas is on his way to meet with Xehanort and then there are still Maleficent, Hades and the other Disney villains they may recruit.
I'm already letting the Disney villains make most of their preparations in the background and the Terra/Vanitas-plot will end in the next chapter.
After that, we'll focus on the Radiant Garden gang again (mostly Leon and Yuffie) before we get to resolve the Braig/Space Paranoids and Isa/Lea-sideplots for now. This gives enough time for Kairi to search around Disney Castle a bit so we can get the focus back to her when something interesting happens.

Moreso, it's jeopardizing their whole plans as Sora and Riku are in no shape to take any exam or learn more about the powers of the Keyblade, all precious time that works in favor of Xehanort, which is also the main reason why he just sits back and "enjoys the show" Vanitas and Anti-Sora are putting up for him.
Vanitas doesn't know it, but Xehanort is pretty much up to date about his plans. I already said this before, but it is a really crucial point that will become important later.
It's a very tricky situation, also because no one but Xion knows the cause yet, and she has not really a possibility to share her knowledge.

(To say it in a Xemnas-voice:) Indeeeed, the rest of the conversation happens next chapter, as well as the solution of Vanitas vs. Terra, ending that subplot effectively.
I won't say anything about that yet, neither confirm nor deny, as that would spoil many further things to come, among it the finale of the first arc.

Okay, so it’s a mix of Anti-Sora’s power seeping through and Sora tapping into his darkness.
Ah, I see. So like Roxas, Anti-Sora was a fairly simple being at first and needed to develop to a point where he had a better developed sense of self and understanding of the world around him. I’m guessing Vanitas helped him develop his sense of self and ability to have more complex thoughts, in a similar way Axel and Xion helped Roxas do the same.
Well I guess the term is sorta relative depending on how one wants to look at it, could be days, weeks or a month or two.
Yep, it can be both or either of it, depending on the situation Anti-Form is activated in.
Correct as well, Vanitas triggered his awakening, which made him able to develop and grow, but he didn't gain a full sense of self right away. Partly, moreso than Vanitas it was his inherent connection with Sora which helped him develop, although Vanitas' influence caused his personality to become more twisted and dark, resulting eventually in him realizing how Sora's powers and connections can be used otherwise, in ways Sora himself would never do.

It is relative, also because the measure isn't really months or days, but rather which event(s) in any of the games may have caused Anti-Sora to find Ven's heart. ,)

Thanks. I think the fact that there is a gap between CoM and KH2, where the story doesn’t really focus on Riku, Mickey and Naminé there’s actually a good oppertunity to set up little subplots like that.

It definitely does help make them feel more in character.
That said, sticking closely to the intended environment for characters alone, doesn’t really ensure an authentic feel for the characters. I’ve seen many fanfiction where they stuck to the setting, but got the tone of the characters so wrong they didn’t like themselves at all and it really took me out of the stories. Usually the characterization was heavily influenced by the authors personal feelings towards the characters and interpretation or even fantasies of said characters.
I think you’re pretty good at keeping the characterization neutral and not letting your personal feelings for the characters influence their portrait too much, they’re pretty much the same characters they are in the games.

Personally I can understand the appeal of those AUs, though personally I find “what if” AUs more interesting.
The basic idea of seeing familiar character in new environments and seeing how they would act in said environments, while retaining their key traits and personality is quite interesting. Sadly lots of these AU fanfics suffer from severe flanderization of the characters, a heavy influence of kinky fantasies and a weak plot.

Yes, both can be used to conceal and do evil things. It’s not the element but the user.

I think this approach is really good for letting the reader experience the story in a similar way the main characters are.
Though obviously in the overall story the reader needs to have a little more input than the main characters to be able to follow the story properly. So chapters where we see things from the Villains POV or from two characters’ POV are a good way of supplying the extra input.

Yep, that's also a route one could have chosen. ;)

Okay, that's of course also possible, and I'd say an indicator that an author may not have understood the character correctly. Interpretations can nearly always differ, however it doesn't justify a total change of personality in a character. If I take Sora for an example, it can be interpreted that he shows remarkable capacity to forgive, yet that doesn't mean that he's all-forgiving nor that he easily accepts past suffering or mistreatment of another character as excuse for current misbehaviour or performed horrible actions. Depending on the severity of a crime committed, like i.e. destroying a heart just to prove a point (something Xehanort would be very capable of), Sora won't forgive so easily, as he has shown that as well during the games.
He does not go and try to redeem and forgive every enemy he meets, some of them he does put down.

I try my best to not have my personal feelings disrupt the characterization of the characters, but I do feel that some elements of personal interpretation of characters is bound to somehow flow in when you write about them.

I see, that's a valid point, however one of the most encountered problems I see with these is that, as you point out, flanderization of key traits. When some other personality quirks or traits are removed from a character because the author doesn't like them or they would be in the way when protraying the character the way the author wants, these key traits tend to be blown up to epic proportions and start to eventually define the character (example being i.e. how often Axel's/Lea's feelings for Roxas are overblown to outright stalker-qualities mixed with predator-like sexual interest. That is NOT now Axel/Lea's character traits are).

Exactly, although one may argue that Darkness is easier to use for evil because of it's corroding nature and tendency to give more power quickly.

That is also why I do switch focus more often, to let the readers experience more of the overall picture and see things before any of the main characters are able to see them.
One of the things that irked me the most about KH 2 was that so many interesting things happened to characters other than Sora, Donald and Goofy during the course of the game, yet over 90% of them were kept behind the curtain and only mentioned in passing or not at all.
Switching the character POVs within a chapter of course also allows a peek into their thoughts, providing possible different (or similar) viewpoints.

I’m sure it’ll turn out just good as it sounds.
I guess Anti-Sora is probably a little too powerful for the attack to really have a big impact, especially if his aura also works as a shield. Guess Xion will have to learn Firza or any level 4 spell soon, if she wants to fight him without the keyblade.

Seems like a somewhat frustrating position to be in, seeing all she can do is try and win sometime for the others to get in a better situation.

BTW any chance Anti-Sora will get a real name? I don't know why, but I feel like Anti-Sora doesn't really work, it's like calling Vanitas Anti-Ven.

I'm glad you have such confidence in my writing skills. ;)
That's exactly it. Not only does he have the power he created by transforming the tormented feelings of Roxas and Ven, Sora being confused, unsure of himself and anxious also strengthens him. Then there's of course the problem that there is no true opposing pole to his powers right now, as he blocked that possible pole out with the black wall.

It surely is, although Xion does have the possibility for further help if she finds what is hidden within the Darkness of Sora's heart beside her and Anti-Sora.

I guess that would depend on if someone decides to name him, as you might recall with Roxas and Vanitas, they both were named by someone else when they came to exist as their own entities in the physical world.
Anti-Sora is right now not an existence of his own, as he's still a part of Sora's heart.

For a moment there, I thought Kairi could assist them both with her light. Instead of running off to get King Mickey. This chapter definitely felt intense, Sephy.

I keep forgetting Xion is also a part of Sora. Any chance herself, Roxas and Ventus will end up meeting each other inside of Sora's heart?

Looks like Vanitas is enduring just as much pain as Terra is. So much for the "help" from Anti-Sora. It's almost like a double edged sword, when you think about it.

Well, KitKat, it's not like Kairi cannot do that, but rather that she's too agitated and doesn't know how. Her own emotions are getting in the way of thinking clearly, which would allow her to look inside and realize how to help.
Sora's heart is in so much turmoil right now (Roxas also sensed the different atmosphere when he came out of Ven's heart a few chapters ago) which Kairi can feel through their connection, that a constant fear is growing inside her.
The intensity is definitely intended, as dark times lie ahead.

Lol, seems like every memory regarding Xion being erased also affects you. I won't say that there is no chance, although in near time the issue could become complicated regarding that.

It's indeed like that. For a short moment, Vanitas was in the same danger as Ven was if he had kept up the wind shield for too long. Anti-Sora's attack is way stronger than he originally intended it to be, due to Roxas stepping into the beam, that's also why the effects on Riku are more intense than intended, but he evidently doesn't care.
The original intention was just to throw Terra off-balance and give Vanitas a chance to throw him out of his heart, yet still, you cannot really say that Anti-Sora is concerned about Vanitas. He keeps him around because their formulated plan is easier and faster to accomplish with them both. But it can be also done by Anti-Sora alone, so he doesn't really need Vanitas at all despite him being the one to originally formulate the plan.

Zero Dozer

Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 47 posted)

In other words, Vanitas is quite discardable in Anti-Sora's viewpoint.

As for Kairi, even if she was nervous, I think the first idea I could have would be to summon the Keyblade (and she's able to pull that off, if Lea (with no experience at all) was able to do that in DDD, it wouldn't be hard for her). But oh well, you tend to do shit when you're in panic anyways.

As for Xion and the place she's in, I wonder now what could be lying inside Sora's darkness besides her and Anti-Sora.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 47 posted)

In other words, Vanitas is quite discardable in Anti-Sora's viewpoint.

As for Kairi, even if she was nervous, I think the first idea I could have would be to summon the Keyblade (and she's able to pull that off, if Lea (with no experience at all) was able to do that in DDD, it wouldn't be hard for her). But oh well, you tend to do shit when you're in panic anyways.

As for Xion and the place she's in, I wonder now what could be lying inside Sora's darkness besides her and Anti-Sora.

Not really "quite" as he sees much use in him because together their plan can be implemented much quicker and more effective. But if Vanitas should prove to hinder their progress or do things Anti-Sora deems not aiding their cause, he will have no qualms about turning him into just another energy source to accumulate powers.

Vanitas may act tougher and can get big attacks off (when he either leeches off Riku's Darkness or if he would use the energy of the agony beam (as Anti-Sora suggests)), but at the base he's just as broken as Ventus is.

Kairi does not have an own Keyblade yet to summon. She has got the ceremony and the ability to wield, but no Keyblade has chosen her yet. Any events in DDD are treated as non-canon in HiU as it starts directly after Re: Coded, so Lea has no Keyblade at all. But beside that, Lea received hastened training by Merlin and the three fairies, as indicated by Yen Sid in-game in DDD in a time chamber, something Kairi can't do.

And even disregarding that, what would have her summoning a Keyblade helped the situation at all? Sora and Riku are down in tandem with severe heart-aching, so doing anything to their hearts with a Keyblade would be pretty counterproductive right now.

It was said flat out several times in the games what this is, lol, it only remains to be seen how Xion can use it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Always neat to hear that I managed to maintain the quality. ;)
Correct. Ventus is so heavily wounded right now that he's practically good for nothing while Roxas has to cope with the aftereffects of the torture beam himself (and this weird phenomena he cannot explain) as well as to somehow tend to Ven.
I admit I have to juggle with the focus shifts sometimes, but that's also why occassionally things happen in one plotline that take a longer time which don't need focus so a switch can be made more smoothly. Besides SRK and Terra/Vanitas, we also still have the Radiant Garden-crew and the Heartless attacks, Braig has by now entered Space Paranoids, Isa will in short order reach the secret laboratory where the right now rather confused Lea is located, Agents L and H are still on their way back to their base, Xemnas is on his way to meet with Xehanort and then there are still Maleficent, Hades and the other Disney villains they may recruit.
I'm already letting the Disney villains make most of their preparations in the background and the Terra/Vanitas-plot will end in the next chapter.
After that, we'll focus on the Radiant Garden gang again (mostly Leon and Yuffie) before we get to resolve the Braig/Space Paranoids and Isa/Lea-sideplots for now. This gives enough time for Kairi to search around Disney Castle a bit so we can get the focus back to her when something interesting happens.

Moreso, it's jeopardizing their whole plans as Sora and Riku are in no shape to take any exam or learn more about the powers of the Keyblade, all precious time that works in favor of Xehanort, which is also the main reason why he just sits back and "enjoys the show" Vanitas and Anti-Sora are putting up for him.
Vanitas doesn't know it, but Xehanort is pretty much up to date about his plans. I already said this before, but it is a really crucial point that will become important later.
It's a very tricky situation, also because no one but Xion knows the cause yet, and she has not really a possibility to share her knowledge.

(To say it in a Xemnas-voice:) Indeeeed, the rest of the conversation happens next chapter, as well as the solution of Vanitas vs. Terra, ending that subplot effectively.
I won't say anything about that yet, neither confirm nor deny, as that would spoil many further things to come, among it the finale of the first arc.

You definitely have a lot of plot lines to juggle. It must be pretty hard to find the right balance and figure out how much and how long to focus on a certain plot line. If you stay away from one too long the readers might forget about them. Though obviously some parts of a storyline can’t really be interrupted, like the one that unfolded in the last few chapters.
Okay so we’re returning to Radiant Garden for the next few chapters. It makes sense that with the first arc nearing its end, you’d want to wrap some of the loose story threads before moving on to the next arc.

Yes, our heroes are in quite a bad situation, if they can’t find a way to turn this around soon they’re off to a pretty bad start.
Well, seems like Xehanort is taking advantage of the plans of the two darknesses. I’m guessing he’s aware of it because he and Vanitas were both inside of Riku’s heart together for a short period of time, though I might be completely wrong on this one.

Okay so the next chapter will finally resolve the Vanitas-Terra conflict. I’m quite interested in seeing how that’ll end, right now it doesn’t look too good for either of them, though I guess Vanitas has slight the advantage at the moment.

Yep, it can be both or either of it, depending on the situation Anti-Form is activated in.
Correct as well, Vanitas triggered his awakening, which made him able to develop and grow, but he didn't gain a full sense of self right away. Partly, moreso than Vanitas it was his inherent connection with Sora which helped him develop, although Vanitas' influence caused his personality to become more twisted and dark, resulting eventually in him realizing how Sora's powers and connections can be used otherwise, in ways Sora himself would never do.

It is relative, also because the measure isn't really months or days, but rather which event(s) in any of the games may have caused Anti-Sora to find Ven's heart. ,)

Okay, so it differs depending on the situation with which the Form is triggered.
Hm, so his connection to Sora let him develop, even though they didn’t have a direct interaction. I guess that’s also somewhat true for Roxas and Xion their connection to Sora let them develop a little faster, than they would have by simply interacting with each other and Axel.
I think Vanitas’ influence is unmistakable, seeing their personalities are pretty similar.

Oh? I guess, I’ll have to ponder which event might have led to that. I’m guessing it’s probably something that happened near the end of KH2.

Yep, that's also a route one could have chosen. ;)

Okay, that's of course also possible, and I'd say an indicator that an author may not have understood the character correctly. Interpretations can nearly always differ, however it doesn't justify a total change of personality in a character. If I take Sora for an example, it can be interpreted that he shows remarkable capacity to forgive, yet that doesn't mean that he's all-forgiving nor that he easily accepts past suffering or mistreatment of another character as excuse for current misbehaviour or performed horrible actions. Depending on the severity of a crime committed, like i.e. destroying a heart just to prove a point (something Xehanort would be very capable of), Sora won't forgive so easily, as he has shown that as well during the games.
He does not go and try to redeem and forgive every enemy he meets, some of them he does put down.

I try my best to not have my personal feelings disrupt the characterization of the characters, but I do feel that some elements of personal interpretation of characters is bound to somehow flow in when you write about them.

I see, that's a valid point, however one of the most encountered problems I see with these is that, as you point out, flanderization of key traits. When some other personality quirks or traits are removed from a character because the author doesn't like them or they would be in the way when protraying the character the way the author wants, these key traits tend to be blown up to epic proportions and start to eventually define the character (example being i.e. how often Axel's/Lea's feelings for Roxas are overblown to outright stalker-qualities mixed with predator-like sexual interest. That is NOT now Axel/Lea's character traits are).

Exactly, although one may argue that Darkness is easier to use for evil because of it's corroding nature and tendency to give more power quickly.

That is also why I do switch focus more often, to let the readers experience more of the overall picture and see things before any of the main characters are able to see them.
One of the things that irked me the most about KH 2 was that so many interesting things happened to characters other than Sora, Donald and Goofy during the course of the game, yet over 90% of them were kept behind the curtain and only mentioned in passing or not at all.
Switching the character POVs within a chapter of course also allows a peek into their thoughts, providing possible different (or similar) viewpoints.

Yeah, it usually shows they don’t really understand the characters.
I’d say the interpretation of a character pretty much always differs to varying degrees, even within a canon series it sometimes seems like the interpretation of a character can change over the course of time. This is especially true for when there’s multiple people working on the series.
Yes, it definitely doesn’t justify a total change of character. It’s important to consider all character trates when writing a fan fiction or any kind of fan work.

Well, like I stated before I think it’s unavoidable that a certain amount of personal interpretation to influence the characterization, but I think you’re pretty good at keeping the characters fairly close to their canon counterparts.

That’s my main problem with those AU stories, otherwise I think the concept is pretty interesting. If the author manages to keep the characters in character I think these kind of AUs can be quite fun and entertaining.

Yes, darkness really does seem easier to harness and use, though it also seems trickier to use and appears to have more downsides than light. It’s also fuelled by negative emotions so that probably also is a reason for why it’s tied closer to evil than light is.

Yes, if you’d stuck to just what’s going on with Sora, like they did in KH2, we wouldn’t know anything of the other fraction aside from maybe certain aspects of Xehanort’s plot, seeing KH2 did show what the villains were doing every now and then.
KH2 really had the problem that a lot of really interesting things happened behind the scenes, it’s especially sad because they set up some interesting storylines, yet never really followed them.

I'm glad you have such confidence in my writing skills. ;)
That's exactly it. Not only does he have the power he created by transforming the tormented feelings of Roxas and Ven, Sora being confused, unsure of himself and anxious also strengthens him. Then there's of course the problem that there is no true opposing pole to his powers right now, as he blocked that possible pole out with the black wall.

It surely is, although Xion does have the possibility for further help if she finds what is hidden within the Darkness of Sora's heart beside her and Anti-Sora.

I guess that would depend on if someone decides to name him, as you might recall with Roxas and Vanitas, they both were named by someone else when they came to exist as their own entities in the physical world.
Anti-Sora is right now not an existence of his own, as he's still a part of Sora's heart.

So in other words Anti-Sora is in a really good situation as of right now, aside from being frozen of course, while all our heroes are not. Not what I’d call the best of starts for our heroes.

The way you phrased it, I can’t help but think of the light within the darkness.

Well in a way, he is an existence of his own, in a similar way Xion, Naminé, Ven and Roxas are, he just doesn’t have a physical body. Also I’d have assumed that once Vanitas awoke him, he’d name him, than again that might not be Vanitas’s thing to do.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You definitely have a lot of plot lines to juggle. It must be pretty hard to find the right balance and figure out how much and how long to focus on a certain plot line. If you stay away from one too long the readers might forget about them. Though obviously some parts of a storyline can’t really be interrupted, like the one that unfolded in the last few chapters.
Okay so we’re returning to Radiant Garden for the next few chapters. It makes sense that with the first arc nearing its end, you’d want to wrap some of the loose story threads before moving on to the next arc.

Yes, our heroes are in quite a bad situation, if they can’t find a way to turn this around soon they’re off to a pretty bad start.
Well, seems like Xehanort is taking advantage of the plans of the two darknesses. I’m guessing he’s aware of it because he and Vanitas were both inside of Riku’s heart together for a short period of time, though I might be completely wrong on this one.

Okay so the next chapter will finally resolve the Vanitas-Terra conflict. I’m quite interested in seeing how that’ll end, right now it doesn’t look too good for either of them, though I guess Vanitas has slight the advantage at the moment.

Yep,, when I look at it in numbers, we are at nine concurrent running plotlines, which is mainly because most of the major players haven't united yet:
1. SRK with the main Disney characters
2. Lea and Isa
3. Braig and Space Paranoids
4. Xemnas & Xehanort
5. Order Preservers (Agent H and L)
6. Maleficent & the Disney villains
7. Roxas, Ven, Xion and Anti-Sora
8. Vanitas & Terra
9. Radiant Garden FF characters.

Then there of course characters like Ansem the Wise, Aqua, Sephiroth or Ienzo who do not have a current running plotline despite being around.

Finding a balance between all this (and have the quality not dropping) is one of the main reasons why I concentrate solely on writing this story and also hold back from reading other KH FanFics mostly.
Although it will become somewhat easier in a short time since three plotlines, namely Vanitas & Terra, Braig & Space Paranoids as well as Lea and Isa will be resolved in the next six to seven chapters. As I said Maleficent and her cronies are acting mostly in the background right now, which makes that plotline take a backseat right now, but that really serves only to bring her in with a bang at an unexpected moment. :p

Exactly, with the main antagonist finally revealed the action will in short time focus entirely on Sora & co again, so some of the other plotlines will get a temporarily wrap up until later.

The situation is dire right now, but not hopeless and I dare say we haven't seen the worst of what Vanitas and Anti-Sora are capable of yet.
That's exactly what Xehanort is doing and the reason why he was so gloatingly teasing Ansem SoD when they talked some chapters ago.
You're partly correct, as this is how Xehanort came to know about Vanitas' heart finally entering Riku after he succumbed to Darkness. However, when thinking about knowing Vanitas' plans and how things lie at the moment, consider the importance of heart-connections in HiU and Vanitas' eye color, that actually plays a bigger part in the whole picture.

Terra has to bear the full impact of the attack and we already saw earlier what effects it had on Roxas. In the last chapter there is also a paragraph talking about "dividing one's consciousness" and Terra shortly seeing a vision of old-man Xehanort in his mind, this is a foreshadowing of things to come and to also remind us that Terra was/is fighting on two fronts the entire time.
It'll end rather quickly I'd say, although why is a rather interesting thing to behold.

Okay, so it differs depending on the situation with which the Form is triggered.
Hm, so his connection to Sora let him develop, even though they didn’t have a direct interaction. I guess that’s also somewhat true for Roxas and Xion their connection to Sora let them develop a little faster, than they would have by simply interacting with each other and Axel.
I think Vanitas’ influence is unmistakable, seeing their personalities are pretty similar.

Oh? I guess, I’ll have to ponder which event might have led to that. I’m guessing it’s probably something that happened near the end of KH2.
Yep.
That's because he developed more by observing, not interacting. His only real interactions before he made contact with Roxas when he stepped into his attack and later when Xion awoke were with Vanitas. So you could say Vanitas played an "active" role in his development while Sora played a "passive" one.
Indeed they are, and that's also what causes much of the problems in their partnership, as Vanitas will have to realize in the next chapter.

Hmmm, good. You're already somewhere in the right period, although I won't say more due to possible spoilers.

Yeah, it usually shows they don’t really understand the characters.
I’d say the interpretation of a character pretty much always differs to varying degrees, even within a canon series it sometimes seems like the interpretation of a character can change over the course of time. This is especially true for when there’s multiple people working on the series.
Yes, it definitely doesn’t justify a total change of character. It’s important to consider all character trates when writing a fan fiction or any kind of fan work.

Well, like I stated before I think it’s unavoidable that a certain amount of personal interpretation to influence the characterization, but I think you’re pretty good at keeping the characters fairly close to their canon counterparts.

That’s my main problem with those AU stories, otherwise I think the concept is pretty interesting. If the author manages to keep the characters in character I think these kind of AUs can be quite fun and entertaining.

Yes, darkness really does seem easier to harness and use, though it also seems trickier to use and appears to have more downsides than light. It’s also fuelled by negative emotions so that probably also is a reason for why it’s tied closer to evil than light is.

Yes, if you’d stuck to just what’s going on with Sora, like they did in KH2, we wouldn’t know anything of the other fraction aside from maybe certain aspects of Xehanort’s plot, seeing KH2 did show what the villains were doing every now and then.
KH2 really had the problem that a lot of really interesting things happened behind the scenes, it’s especially sad because they set up some interesting storylines, yet never really followed them.
Then there's of course also the old question if they cannot or do not want to understand some parts of the character because it clashes with their preferred interpretation of said character.

That's true, and even some actions taken by characters in-universe in canon material can be interpreted so differently that it can gain a totally other context and/or meaning.
Indeed, the only exception is if someone writes a parody or comedic story where the characters are OOC on purpose.

I certainly try to. To retain the example of Sora for instance, rewriting him to suddenly selfishly seek out power for himself instead of relying on his heart and bonds of friendship (which is practically a key trait that defines his character) would be horribly OOC and practically break the character. He would probably still look like Sora and speak like him, but it wouldn't be the "Kingdom Hearts"-Sora anymore because one of his Key traits would be missing.

I concur to that, although I have to admit that I rarely see authors who can pull this off effectively.

That's why I said 90% of the other stuff was behind the scenes. The 10% that weren't were the remaining Organisation members meeting and discussing the progress of their plans.
It's a shame, also considering the stuff gets some more focus in the ambigiously canon novels, but I guess that this is one of the limitations of the medium video game, as player expect gameplay foremost so switching focus more often like I do in my written piece of story would be not very well-received among those fans who care more about gameplay than story.

So in other words Anti-Sora is in a really good situation as of right now, aside from being frozen of course, while all our heroes are not. Not what I’d call the best of starts for our heroes.

The way you phrased it, I can’t help but think of the light within the darkness.

Well in a way, he is an existence of his own, in a similar way Xion, Naminé, Ven and Roxas are, he just doesn’t have a physical body. Also I’d have assumed that once Vanitas awoke him, he’d name him, than again that might not be Vanitas’s thing to do.

That's practically the situation is right now. So far Anti-Sora really holds all trump cards, but the question is if he can effectively play them out or not.

It may be even something to that effect, at least something that can lift up Xion's spirit and thus make it harder for Anti-Sora to leech more power off her.

Yes, he has an own sense of self, but unlike the other four your mention he never existed as a physical entity/existence in the outside physical world, so his status in this regard can be seen as ambigious.
Lol, Vanitas is a rather brash lad I would say and thus doesn't care about such things, not to mention he mainly created Anti-Sora to help out with his plan, so any name he might have given him would probably be along the lines of "Tool", "Demon" etc.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Yep,, when I look at it in numbers, we are at nine concurrent running plotlines, which is mainly because most of the major players haven't united yet:
1. SRK with the main Disney characters
2. Lea and Isa
3. Braig and Space Paranoids
4. Xemnas & Xehanort
5. Order Preservers (Agent H and L)
6. Maleficent & the Disney villains
7. Roxas, Ven, Xion and Anti-Sora
8. Vanitas & Terra
9. Radiant Garden FF characters.

Then there of course characters like Ansem the Wise, Aqua, Sephiroth or Ienzo who do not have a current running plotline despite being around.

Finding a balance between all this (and have the quality not dropping) is one of the main reasons why I concentrate solely on writing this story and also hold back from reading other KH FanFics mostly.
Although it will become somewhat easier in a short time since three plotlines, namely Vanitas & Terra, Braig & Space Paranoids as well as Lea and Isa will be resolved in the next six to seven chapters. As I said Maleficent and her cronies are acting mostly in the background right now, which makes that plotline take a backseat right now, but that really serves only to bring her in with a bang at an unexpected moment. :p

Exactly, with the main antagonist finally revealed the action will in short time focus entirely on Sora & co again, so some of the other plotlines will get a temporarily wrap up until later.

The situation is dire right now, but not hopeless and I dare say we haven't seen the worst of what Vanitas and Anti-Sora are capable of yet.
That's exactly what Xehanort is doing and the reason why he was so gloatingly teasing Ansem SoD when they talked some chapters ago.
You're partly correct, as this is how Xehanort came to know about Vanitas' heart finally entering Riku after he succumbed to Darkness. However, when thinking about knowing Vanitas' plans and how things lie at the moment, consider the importance of heart-connections in HiU and Vanitas' eye color, that actually plays a bigger part in the whole picture.

Terra has to bear the full impact of the attack and we already saw earlier what effects it had on Roxas. In the last chapter there is also a paragraph talking about "dividing one's consciousness" and Terra shortly seeing a vision of old-man Xehanort in his mind, this is a foreshadowing of things to come and to also remind us that Terra was/is fighting on two fronts the entire time.
It'll end rather quickly I'd say, although why is a rather interesting thing to behold.

Wow, nine plotlines that’s quite a few, but as you’ve stated most of them will probably eventually come together at some point, when the characters get together and others are going to simply be resolved ad the story progresses.

Juggling multiple stories in one’s head definitely is difficult and can result in none of them ever becoming reality.
Wow, I’m surprised you avoid reading other peoples KH fanfics. Why’s that?

That makes sense, it really makes it easier to then focus on Sora and friends.

Well now that sounds promising, though considering they’re pure darkness it does make sense that we have not seen everything yet, I can easily imagine them being capable of worse considering their nature.
Oh, so that’s just how he became aware of them or at least.
Okay so even though your story doesn’t incorporate DDD it has a similar element in this regard.

Okay, so he’s probably in a really bad condition after getting hit directly and full force by that beam, still Vanitas is also currently struggling to keep his heart from crumbling after that attack. Though I guess Terra’s worse off.
Well I guess I’ll have to wait for the next chapter to see why it’ll end quickly.

Yep.
That's because he developed more by observing, not interacting. His only real interactions before he made contact with Roxas when he stepped into his attack and later when Xion awoke were with Vanitas. So you could say Vanitas played an "active" role in his development while Sora played a "passive" one.
Indeed they are, and that's also what causes much of the problems in their partnership, as Vanitas will have to realize in the next chapter.

Hmmm, good. You're already somewhere in the right period, although I won't say more due to possible spoilers.

So he really only ever interacted with Vanitas, that must have been an interesting development period, seeing I doubt Vanitas was very patient or nurturing.

Yes I also have a few ideas when it could have happened, though I’ll probably have to wait and see if my guess is correct.

Then there's of course also the old question if they cannot or do not want to understand some parts of the character because it clashes with their preferred interpretation of said character.

That's true, and even some actions taken by characters in-universe in canon material can be interpreted so differently that it can gain a totally other context and/or meaning.
Indeed, the only exception is if someone writes a parody or comedic story where the characters are OOC on purpose.

I certainly try to. To retain the example of Sora for instance, rewriting him to suddenly selfishly seek out power for himself instead of relying on his heart and bonds of friendship (which is practically a key trait that defines his character) would be horribly OOC and practically break the character. He would probably still look like Sora and speak like him, but it wouldn't be the "Kingdom Hearts"-Sora anymore because one of his Key traits would be missing.

I concur to that, although I have to admit that I rarely see authors who can pull this off effectively.

That's why I said 90% of the other stuff was behind the scenes. The 10% that weren't were the remaining Organisation members meeting and discussing the progress of their plans.
It's a shame, also considering the stuff gets some more focus in the ambigiously canon novels, but I guess that this is one of the limitations of the medium video game, as player expect gameplay foremost so switching focus more often like I do in my written piece of story would be not very well-received among those fans who care more about gameplay than story.

I agree, I think often it’s the case that they simply don’t want to understand or rather accept some of the aspects of a character because it clashes with what they want that character to be.

It’s not just that they can be interpreted differently, the characterization of a character can just simply change over the course of the series. In other words the author of the work interprets his own character differently than before or his successor sees the character different then he did.
Let’s say a minor side character acts a certain way in one entry of a series and in the next they’re portrait in a completely different way.
Or in some less extreme cases a creator can end up favoring certain trait of a character and empathize those more then they originally were and neglect others that were previously more empathize, for example Sora became somewhat more naive and cheerful as the series progressed.

In a case like that the character would be Sora in Name only. Sadly there are many fan works that go in these kind of direction, especially if the creator hates the character that’s acting so out of character.

Sadly I do have to agree it’s not pulled off to well most of the times, but when they do manage to pull it off it can be quite enjoyable.

Too bad BBSv2 never was made. Judging by what we saw in the Secret Ending it looked like that game might have filled in the gaps in the series and fleshed out certain characters a little more like Riku, Kairi and Aqua.
I’m not sure if it’s solely because of the limitations of the medium, it’s probably also because the game was somewhat rushed and not written as well as it should have been. I have the feeling we would have learned more about the behind the scenes stuff and other things if KH2 had more time in development.
Also I don’t really get why people complain about cutscenes taking too long if the players not interested they might as well use the skip option to skip it, it’s there for a reason.

That's practically the situation is right now. So far Anti-Sora really holds all trump cards, but the question is if he can effectively play them out or not.

It may be even something to that effect, at least something that can lift up Xion's spirit and thus make it harder for Anti-Sora to leech more power off her.

Yes, he has an own sense of self, but unlike the other four your mention he never existed as a physical entity/existence in the outside physical world, so his status in this regard can be seen as ambigious.
Lol, Vanitas is a rather brash lad I would say and thus doesn't care about such things, not to mention he mainly created Anti-Sora to help out with his plan, so any name he might have given him would probably be along the lines of "Tool", "Demon" etc.

Well I guess that remains to be seen.

Ah, now that sound really promising.

I guess.
I’d imagine Vanitas would probably go with Tool, because that’s all Anti-Sora is too him.

By the way out of curiosity how many arcs have you actually planned for this story?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Wow, nine plotlines that’s quite a few, but as you’ve stated most of them will probably eventually come together at some point, when the characters get together and others are going to simply be resolved ad the story progresses.

Juggling multiple stories in one’s head definitely is difficult and can result in none of them ever becoming reality.
Wow, I’m surprised you avoid reading other peoples KH fanfics. Why’s that?

That makes sense, it really makes it easier to then focus on Sora and friends.

Well now that sounds promising, though considering they’re pure darkness it does make sense that we have not seen everything yet, I can easily imagine them being capable of worse considering their nature.
Oh, so that’s just how he became aware of them or at least.
Okay so even though your story doesn’t incorporate DDD it has a similar element in this regard.

Okay, so he’s probably in a really bad condition after getting hit directly and full force by that beam, still Vanitas is also currently struggling to keep his heart from crumbling after that attack. Though I guess Terra’s worse off.
Well I guess I’ll have to wait for the next chapter to see why it’ll end quickly.

Yep, exactly. Going by what I have planned, we will end up eventually with only four (main) plotlines all in all, with additional sideplots spawning then not covering more than three chapters.

That's why I do not do it only in my head, I have a sort of table in Excel for this and also keep track of earlier chapters.
It's not that really want to do that, but that it helps me concentrating better to juggle my storyline. Another reason is that I do not want to accidentally copy something from someone else while fleshing out my own story with details.

That's why all the plotlines concerning the FF characters as well as Braig, Isa and Lea will be temporarily resolved next, to have them out of the way.
It's also not that long anymore until the datascape comes finally into play, as the digitizer Gyro Gearloose built in chapter 7 & 8 way back then is by now functionable and Sora could use some tips from Data-Sora and Data-Riku for handling the harbingers of torment.

I'm actually somewhat intrigued to see if and when readers may start to hate either both or one of them. *evilgrin*
Yes, as I pointed out some pages earlier, my story was planned way before details about DDDs plot were even made clear, but it holds some very similar concepts to what DDD eventually did.
With the golden eyes however, that tidbit was actually already addressed in the BBS Ultimania, then about Braig's eye color having to to with a deep connection with Xehanort.

Indeed, but what if Vanitas could remedy that situation?
Yup, maybe you'll be able to see then another similarity between Vanitas and Anti-Sora, and it may also give a hint as to why Anti-Sora has this ability to increase his power in such a cruel way.

So he really only ever interacted with Vanitas, that must have been an interesting development period, seeing I doubt Vanitas was very patient or nurturing.

Yes I also have a few ideas when it could have happened, though I’ll probably have to wait and see if my guess is correct.
Indeed, and one of the most important things he probably learned from Van is how to be cunning and egoistic, lol, although like I said Vanitas will soon realize how that may come back to bite him.

It'll be a while until that mystery is cleared though. ;)

I agree, I think often it’s the case that they simply don’t want to understand or rather accept some of the aspects of a character because it clashes with what they want that character to be.

It’s not just that they can be interpreted differently, the characterization of a character can just simply change over the course of the series. In other words the author of the work interprets his own character differently than before or his successor sees the character different then he did.
Let’s say a minor side character acts a certain way in one entry of a series and in the next they’re portrait in a completely different way.
Or in some less extreme cases a creator can end up favoring certain trait of a character and empathize those more then they originally were and neglect others that were previously more empathize, for example Sora became somewhat more naive and cheerful as the series progressed.

In a case like that the character would be Sora in Name only. Sadly there are many fan works that go in these kind of direction, especially if the creator hates the character that’s acting so out of character.

Sadly I do have to agree it’s not pulled off to well most of the times, but when they do manage to pull it off it can be quite enjoyable.

Too bad BBSv2 never was made. Judging by what we saw in the Secret Ending it looked like that game might have filled in the gaps in the series and fleshed out certain characters a little more like Riku, Kairi and Aqua.
I’m not sure if it’s solely because of the limitations of the medium, it’s probably also because the game was somewhat rushed and not written as well as it should have been. I have the feeling we would have learned more about the behind the scenes stuff and other things if KH2 had more time in development.
Also I don’t really get why people complain about cutscenes taking too long if the players not interested they might as well use the skip option to skip it, it’s there for a reason.

In that case however, I am of the opinion that the author in question should create an original character that exhibits all the aspects he/she wants a character to have and do not bastardize an already established character from another work.

Those characterization changes can also be made convincing and logical if they're build over time and not made with a sudden 180-degree turn. Only characters suffering from schizophrenia can do a 180-degree personality switch in mere seconds, for any normal character a sudden total switch in personality is unrealistic (except maybe if hit with a very bad case of amnesia).

That's exactly it, and many fanworks go into that direction not only with KH, but with different fandoms all around.

Searching for such rare gems can cost you some hours though, hours that you not always have to spent.

There's still a chance that parts of the secret ending from BBS FM may be used in some cutscenes in KH III though.
That's surely also a factor as no one can really deny that KH 2 was rushed to an extent. One reason why the Final Mix for KH 2 has so much more content compared to the other FMs is because there was so much left out in order for KH 2 to be released faster.
I even remember Nomura stating somewhere that KH 2 FM, especially with the additional story scenes like Xigbar babbling about the chamber of waking, is the KH 2 he actually wanted to make in the first place.

That would be an easy solution, and people nowadays, especially on the Internet, do not like easy solutions because then they couldn't complain, something that seems to have been elevated to mass sports in some corners of the net.

Well I guess that remains to be seen.

Ah, now that sound really promising.

I guess.
I’d imagine Vanitas would probably go with Tool, because that’s all Anti-Sora is too him.

By the way out of curiosity how many arcs have you actually planned for this story?

Indeed, I do not want to reveal things beforehand.

I'm already eager for the reactions this particular event will get, lol.

Yep, that's also what Vanitas wants him to be, although Anti-Sora himself, as seen in his part of the conversation, has clearly a different opinion on this.

Originally there were planned six major arcs, one being the "introductory arc" which is practically chapter 1 to 16. However, by now as I am planning to divide Hearts in Unison into three separate story parts (as to not let the chapter numbers hit three digits) I have summarized those arcs so that each story part covers two of these originally six arcs.

The story itself will retain its name, but gain a subtitle to each major part:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Yep, exactly. Going by what I have planned, we will end up eventually with only four (main) plotlines all in all, with additional sideplots spawning then not covering more than three chapters.

That's why I do not do it only in my head, I have a sort of table in Excel for this and also keep track of earlier chapters.
It's not that really want to do that, but that it helps me concentrating better to juggle my storyline. Another reason is that I do not want to accidentally copy something from someone else while fleshing out my own story with details.

That's why all the plotlines concerning the FF characters as well as Braig, Isa and Lea will be temporarily resolved next, to have them out of the way.
It's also not that long anymore until the datascape comes finally into play, as the digitizer Gyro Gearloose built in chapter 7 & 8 way back then is by now functionable and Sora could use some tips from Data-Sora and Data-Riku for handling the harbingers of torment.

I'm actually somewhat intrigued to see if and when readers may start to hate either both or one of them. *evilgrin*
Yes, as I pointed out some pages earlier, my story was planned way before details about DDDs plot were even made clear, but it holds some very similar concepts to what DDD eventually did.
With the golden eyes however, that tidbit was actually already addressed in the BBS Ultimania, then about Braig's eye color having to to with a deep connection with Xehanort.

Indeed, but what if Vanitas could remedy that situation?
Yup, maybe you'll be able to see then another similarity between Vanitas and Anti-Sora, and it may also give a hint as to why Anti-Sora has this ability to increase his power in such a cruel way.

So basically a storyline for each fraction, with short sideplots for characters associated with or part of said fractions, that aren’t currently with their fraction.

Okay, that sounds really interesting. I never really know how to start and plot my stories, so they usually just fall through.
In other words you avoid other Fanfics to not be influenced by them and to be able to focus better on your own storylines. That makes sense, but personally I feel enjoying other peoples work can be very inspiring and sometimes help get over writer blocks.

By the way you’ve phrased that, I’m assuming you’ll be picking these plotlines up in the next arc again, well least to a certain extent.
I honestly kind of forgot about this story thread. It’ll be interesting seeing how Sora and Riku will react and interact with their digital counterparts, though I assume both Sora and Riku are already aware of the Data-scape.

Well, I probably will never hate them, seeing I tent to love wickedly evil, insane and sadistic characters, hence why I like Vanitas and Larxene so much.
Considering you building up your story from the same base, that DDD’s story was built upon it kind of was unavoidable that concepts would be similar because much of it was already hinted at beforehand.
It might have already been addressed but they didn’t really elaborate how being close to Xehanort would result in golden eyes and pointy ears.

I guess that would change everything, though as you’ve previously stated he currently can’t really absorb the negative energy because of his own worsened state. So I guess I’ll have to wait and see how he’ll manage to change that.
Oh, you keep giving these interesting little hints to what’s to come. This again is something I’m looking forward to seeing unfold in your story.

Indeed, and one of the most important things he probably learned from Van is how to be cunning and egoistic, lol, although like I said Vanitas will soon realize how that may come back to bite him.

It'll be a while until that mystery is cleared though. ;)

Ah! All the good traits that every balanced person needs, great parenting there Vanitas. xD

In that case however, I am of the opinion that the author in question should create an original character that exhibits all the aspects he/she wants a character to have and do not bastardize an already established character from another work.

Those characterization changes can also be made convincing and logical if they're build over time and not made with a sudden 180-degree turn. Only characters suffering from schizophrenia can do a 180-degree personality switch in mere seconds, for any normal character a sudden total switch in personality is unrealistic (except maybe if hit with a very bad case of amnesia).

That's exactly it, and many fanworks go into that direction not only with KH, but with different fandoms all around.

Searching for such rare gems can cost you some hours though, hours that you not always have to spent.

There's still a chance that parts of the secret ending from BBS FM may be used in some cutscenes in KH III though.
That's surely also a factor as no one can really deny that KH 2 was rushed to an extent. One reason why the Final Mix for KH 2 has so much more content compared to the other FMs is because there was so much left out in order for KH 2 to be released faster.
I even remember Nomura stating somewhere that KH 2 FM, especially with the additional story scenes like Xigbar babbling about the chamber of waking, is the KH 2 he actually wanted to make in the first place.

That would be an easy solution, and people nowadays, especially on the Internet, do not like easy solutions because then they couldn't complain, something that seems to have been elevated to mass sports in some corners of the net.

Yes, obviously a new original character would be better suited, but I’m under the impression that’s not the point, but that they’re mostly interested in making an established characters into what they want that character to be.

It’s true they can be, but that really means the author has to establish a believable transition from point A to B. If however it is from on entry to the next without much development or reasoning behind it, I don’t really see it as the evolution of said character but more as a change of interpretation by the creators.
Well, there’s also possession and mind washing that could be used to reason why a character would do a one eight within seconds or they could go with the always popular it’s an evil clone explanation.

This is definitely not just a problem in KH fan works, but in any fan made work, from any fandom.

There is a chance that that might happen though honestly I’d prefer them to make an separate entry. Maybe if they end up giving DDD a HD re-mastering they could add BBSv2 as the cinematics? Though I highly doubt this will happen, it’s a nice thought though.
It is undeniable and because it’s rushed, I feel like it’s not quite what it should have been or what they really wanted it to be. I think even if Nomura stated that KH2FM is the KH2 he wanted to make in the first place, I still feel if given more time he’d have made a KH2 that while similar to KH2FM was better fleshed out and still quite different from what we got in both KH2 and its FM.
That said I still think for all its faults KH2 was quite an enjoyable game with lots of fun and interesting plot points, even if a lot of them weren’t really explored.

Sadly I think you’re right about that. To a degree I sometimes get the feeling some people just want to have something to whine about

Indeed, I do not want to reveal things beforehand.

I'm already eager for the reactions this particular event will get, lol.

Yep, that's also what Vanitas wants him to be, although Anti-Sora himself, as seen in his part of the conversation, has clearly a different opinion on this.

Originally there were planned six major arcs, one being the "introductory arc" which is practically chapter 1 to 16. However, by now as I am planning to divide Hearts in Unison into three separate story parts (as to not let the chapter numbers hit three digits) I have summarized those arcs so that each story part covers two of these originally six arcs.

The story itself will retain its name, but gain a subtitle to each major part:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I can imagine.

Well I think it’s pretty obvious that Anti-Sora sees himself as more than just a tool for Vanitas to use.

Okay, but I kind of feel it’s pretty much unavoidable that this story will hit the triple digits, seeing we’re not even done with the first arc and were already around 50 chapters.
So if I got this right you’re now compacting you original six arcs into three arcs and shortening the event that would have taken up a single arc by themselves to fit two of them into one arc. Honestly it’s not really noticeable with the first two arcs you put together for this arc.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

So basically a storyline for each fraction, with short sideplots for characters associated with or part of said fractions, that aren’t currently with their fraction.

Okay, that sounds really interesting. I never really know how to start and plot my stories, so they usually just fall through.
In other words you avoid other Fanfics to not be influenced by them and to be able to focus better on your own storylines. That makes sense, but personally I feel enjoying other peoples work can be very inspiring and sometimes help get over writer blocks.

By the way you’ve phrased that, I’m assuming you’ll be picking these plotlines up in the next arc again, well least to a certain extent.
I honestly kind of forgot about this story thread. It’ll be interesting seeing how Sora and Riku will react and interact with their digital counterparts, though I assume both Sora and Riku are already aware of the Data-scape.

Well, I probably will never hate them, seeing I tent to love wickedly evil, insane and sadistic characters, hence why I like Vanitas and Larxene so much.
Considering you building up your story from the same base, that DDD’s story was built upon it kind of was unavoidable that concepts would be similar because much of it was already hinted at beforehand.
It might have already been addressed but they didn’t really elaborate how being close to Xehanort would result in golden eyes and pointy ears.

I guess that would change everything, though as you’ve previously stated he currently can’t really absorb the negative energy because of his own worsened state. So I guess I’ll have to wait and see how he’ll manage to change that.
Oh, you keep giving these interesting little hints to what’s to come. This again is something I’m looking forward to seeing unfold in your story.

Ah! All the good traits that every balanced person needs, great parenting there Vanitas. xD

More or less, yes, although the main focus for the "faction" of the Disney villains will sometimes switch with those who mainly oppose them.

That's another reason why I opted for only one story at a time, as that means full time to concentrate on this one without distractions.
Exactly.
Yeah, well, if you have a writer's block that will surely come in handy I agree. So far I didn't though. Whenever I cannot write on it's not writer's block but RL requiring more attention than usual. ;)
I had not even time yet to update the version of the story at FanFiction.net despite me having chapter 9 available for that site already.

At least the Order Preservers and the FF-gang plotlines. The Braig and Lea/Isa plotlines will merge with another plotline as will be made clear.
I admit it has been a while since it was last mentioned, although Anti-Sora's and Vanitas' interference does mess up quite a few plans left and right.
They are aware of the datascape, but not really what exactly it contains. Mickey originally planned to inform them during breakfast the next day, as he announced in chapter 24. No one could really expect that Vanitas and Anti-Sora would be that active in the one night before the King wanted to brief SRK on everything he knows.
The interaction between Riku and Sora and their digital counterparts will be quite an important part in more than just one way.

I see, lol, although in reality they would probably stir up quite some hate. For in-universe, I can already reveal that we will see a bit more angry Sora down the line, like "CoM"-angry Sora.
Indeed, that's what it comes down to, only that my explanations as to why things and concepts happen may differ from what DDD brought us.
It wasn't addressed officially, but many people go with the explanation of heart-connection/influence. After all, Sora and Ventus also have the exact same eyes. Many characters have blue eyes in KH, but Sora's and Ven's (and therefore Roxas' as well) have even the exact same hue of blue color.

It's not only because of his state, but also because he never did this before nor did he even try. Right now, Vanitas is way too upset and tumbling around in his own hatred to think clearly and evaluate the possibilities.
Heh, that's always my intent. ;D

Well duh, it's not like Vanitas has any better knowledge in that field, lol. Even without counting the ambigiously canon novels, I cannot fathom that the four years of "tutelage" under MX were very pleasant. Not to mention Vanitas was a candidate for "asshole of the year" even before that if you remember that the first thing he did when MX came back from Destiny Islands with a still barely functioning Ventus was to brutally beat the kid up.
Eventually even MX was fed up with the shenanigans and decided to deliver Ven to Eraqus so that he could be trained without the constant interference of Vanitas' hate urges.

Yes, obviously a new original character would be better suited, but I’m under the impression that’s not the point, but that they’re mostly interested in making an established characters into what they want that character to be.

It’s true they can be, but that really means the author has to establish a believable transition from point A to B. If however it is from on entry to the next without much development or reasoning behind it, I don’t really see it as the evolution of said character but more as a change of interpretation by the creators.
Well, there’s also possession and mind washing that could be used to reason why a character would do a one eight within seconds or they could go with the always popular it’s an evil clone explanation.

This is definitely not just a problem in KH fan works, but in any fan made work, from any fandom.

There is a chance that that might happen though honestly I’d prefer them to make an separate entry. Maybe if they end up giving DDD a HD re-mastering they could add BBSv2 as the cinematics? Though I highly doubt this will happen, it’s a nice thought though.
It is undeniable and because it’s rushed, I feel like it’s not quite what it should have been or what they really wanted it to be. I think even if Nomura stated that KH2FM is the KH2 he wanted to make in the first place, I still feel if given more time he’d have made a KH2 that while similar to KH2FM was better fleshed out and still quite different from what we got in both KH2 and its FM.
That said I still think for all its faults KH2 was quite an enjoyable game with lots of fun and interesting plot points, even if a lot of them weren’t really explored.

Sadly I think you’re right about that. To a degree I sometimes get the feeling some people just want to have something to whine about

That's of course also possible, although I admit that I am not too well-versed in the psychology and motivations of FanFic-writers who write just AUs, shipping-stuff and nonsensical sex-fics.

If such a transition and/or reasoning is missing I'd say that says more of the quality of the author/creator than it does about the character.
Such a change is however often also accompanied by a change in voice tone or other visual "cues" that the character is not quite him/herself right now.
The evil clone-device is probably one of the oldest in the box that someone can pull, lol.

Yep, and it also tends to give such fanworks in general a sort of a sour image. Especially if these AU-fics, shipping-mania and more not-work-safe-fics get more attention in forms of comments and reviews than actual works who tell a compelling and full story.

Nomura already said there are no plans for an entry of its own for those parts, and that's what I run with until there are definite hints out there it might be otherwise.
It is not even sure yet if DDD even will get any sort of remake. They could also just go the easy way and include the most important bits as some beefed up memoirs/chronicles in KH III itself.

Indeed, that's one of the major sad realities of KH 2. It's also noticeable that with its really ridiculous difficulty, more emphasis on flashy moves and overpowered protagonist (Donald and Goofy, even Riku paled in comparison to overpowered "Hollywood"-Sora in KH 2) instead of substance KH 2 was catered way more to casual gamers and the western market.
That's one of the reasons why I hope that for KH III they would take more inspiration from KH 1, Birth by Sleep and DDD rather than KH 2.

I get that vibe too. Some people's day is just not complete if they didn't have something to bitch about.

I can imagine.

Well I think it’s pretty obvious that Anti-Sora sees himself as more than just a tool for Vanitas to use.

Okay, but I kind of feel it’s pretty much unavoidable that this story will hit the triple digits, seeing we’re not even done with the first arc and were already around 50 chapters.
So if I got this right you’re now compacting you original six arcs into three arcs and shortening the event that would have taken up a single arc by themselves to fit two of them into one arc. Honestly it’s not really noticeable with the first two arcs you put together for this arc.

^__^

Yep, in fact it's pretty much reversed now and Anti-Sora only keeps Vanitas around because it's convenient for him and makes things easier, not because he actually needs him.

That's why I split it. Each of the three story-parts will start anew with chapter 1. In fact, each of the three parts will get their own Prologue and Epilogue. ;)
One of the reasons my chapter numbers do get so high though lies also within the fact that my chapters are rather short/medium length for a fanfic chapter with around 2.000 words per chapter. Average FanFic-chapters normally have between 3.000 to 4.000 words.

Close, but not exactly, I'm dividing the six arcs between three distinct stories, like a triology. Each part of the triology holds two (great) arcs and together they form the whole story.

---

Tomorrow I will most likely put up the next chapter.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 49 posted)

Okay, as announced, here comes the next chapter of the tale with the conclusion of the Vanitas & Terra-fight before we take a look at what's happening at Radiant Garden:

#####
XLIX. Intruders

This bastard...I...I...gaaah, damn friggin' weakness! Now I even must use his energy to do the most basic things!

His partner seemed to feel his current state, and this giving him the knowledge that Vanitas had no choice but to be totally depend on him right now resulted only in cruel, mocking chuckling from his side which infuriated the heart of pure darkness even more.
The next answer came soaked with meanness, incredible arrogance and content that made Vanitas freeze in disgust, fear and even more hatred.

"What the heck!?!? Are you threatening me, you bastard? And you DARE to use his heart for your empowering schemes!?
I never allowed you to do that! Sora ok, that was planned, but not this..."
Vanitas spit those words out like a machine gun, nearly forgetting himself in his anger.

"Cross over? Yeah, right! When I do that I'll kick your damn ass for tasting from a meal that isn't yours to eat!!!"
He truly wanted that, he wanted to crush that guys spine and in his mindless rage he totally forgot how the current difference of power between them was.

His partner didn't waste any time to remind him though, with an open threat in a tone that freaked him out.
"Wait! No, no, I didn't mean it like that, I..."
Damn...how I hate this...even my own creation is starting to look down on me!
"I admit I overreacted, yet still..."

He interrupted him with a harsh lecture, also concerning the state of his heart and effectively reversing the entire hierarchy of their partnership.
Vanitas sank back into the armchair trembling with bitter feelings.
Chastised and scolded like a little child as well as treated like a dumbass...just wait though, one day you will pay for your insolence. Not even a demon may treat me like this, especially not one I myself created. Once I am in the correct position and we annihilated Xehanort, it's time for you to bite the dust as well!!!

As he started to actually truly absorb the energy of the attack though, Vanitas realized that it actually worked. While the effects of it still bore down on Terra, the pressure on his heart decreased the more of its energy he absorbed. It did not have the same healing effect as using Riku's darkness, but it nonetheless helped to stabilize his broken heart so far that he could think more clearly again.
While still angry, he managed to give his voice a more business-like spin as he spoke again to his "partner".
"Yet still I'll remind you of the actual content of our agreement! Ventus is MINE! Off-limits for you, get it? I am the only one allowed to break the idiot so you stay your hands!"

The answer was also calmer from the other side, littered with some mischievous undertones which again stirred up his anger more.
"Enough! What part of "he's mine" don't you get? I didn't allow you to play with my toys! You chastise me of forgetting our main plan but don't adhere to it yourself. Hypocrite!"

Instead of an answer, he heard his partner saying something mockingly about a "poppet" before their mental connection waned.
Pff, fine, arguing with that moron was getting tedious anyways.

Terra had become totally disoriented, the expanding energy of the attack further eating away at his sanity. Seeing this Vanitas let out a small chuckle as he forced himself to stand.
"Now let's see who has the last laugh, failure! Instead of stabilizing my heart further with this energy, how about using it to blast you out of here, huh?"

Swinging the Void Gear around to point it at Terra, Vanitas had no problem at all to perform the complete Shotlock-lock-on sequence.
Bye, bye, failure...
Allowing himself a sadistic smirk Vanitas unleashed Dark Cannon.

He saw it coming, but was unable to do anything.
The blast of dark energy hit Terra square from the front and he was thrown off his feet, his last, bitter thoughts before losing most of the hold his consciousness had in Riku's heart that he failed yet again.
Blown off the broken Awakening station, Terra's form fell into the black abyss surrounding it, out of Vanitas' heart and then slowly starting to fade as he came to rest on an only dimly lit platform inside Riku's heart.
The connection with Riku's heart was still intact though, and so Terra's projected form flickered in and out.

---

The main doors of the Hollow Bastion Castle swung open fastly by the force of a powerful Aeroga wind-spell, two Soldier Heartless flying inside as they were caught in the blast.

"It's precisely as Gramps predicted, Squall. The Castle area is also littered with Heartless. I hope all the workers could flee to safety." Yuffie shouted as she entered the Entrance hall and threw two small Shurikens to finish off the two Soldiers.

"That's Leon." The older male grunted as he entered behind her, shooting down a Wyvern Heartless that appeared above them with a Firaga spell.
Whenever Yuffie was overly excited, she would occassionally return to use his real name, which annoyed him because he vowed to not return to it until Radiant Garden was fully restored and protected against further attack from the Heartless or other outerworldly threats.
"But you're right, looks like we have a lot of cleaning up to do before we can join Cid, Beatrix and the others in the town. The workers are all properly schooled how to behave in case of a Heartless attack, so I worry less about that."
While adding this, Leon sprinted forward to the downed Wyvern and eliminated it with a three-hit combo of his Gunblade.

This however brought him to the center of the lower level of the Entrance hall, several Blue Rhapsodies, Green Requiems and three Crimson Jazzes appearing in a circle around him.
"Great, here comes the magical garden gnome connection." Yuffie snorted as she spotted them.
"Go for the ones with healing powers first." Leon answered as he targeted the nearest Green Requiem.

He had to immediately perform a dodge jump however as five Blue Rhapsodies blasted Blizzard spells at him.
Yuffie was about to throw an entire hand full of small Shurikens as three fire-mines appeared right around her, conjured up by one of the Crimson Jazzes. She performed a cartwheel and changed target, four Shurikens flying at the Crimson Jazz which started the attack.
The Heartless bounced upwards, dodging the projectiles, as two more Blue Rhapsodies flew forward and unleashed Blizzard spells.

Yuffie performed another cartwheel to dodge while Leon jumped a second time, directly between the five Blue Rhapsodies that attacked him earlier.
"Fated Circle."
He performed a quick spin around with his outstretched Gunblade, creating a non-elemental shockwave that blasted the Blue Rhapsodies apart and also got two Green Requiems.

"Nice shot, Leon!" Yuffie quipped as she blasted the two Blue Rhapsodies with one Firaga each before jumping up and hitting the Crimson Jazz with a flying Kick augmented with non-elemental energy.
Directly after these actions loud noises were heard from within the library. The noises of furniture crashing and Heartless being eradicated.

"What's going on up there? The workers?" Yuffie wondered as she dodged the mines of another Crimson Jazz.
Leon slashed the last Green Requiem into two, it disappearing in a puff of black smoke.
"Don't think so. The workers are nearly all normal people without much fighting prowess."

"Then who?"
"Only one possible way to find out." He interrupted, already heading for the stairs surrounding the fountain.

"Didn't you forget something?" The female Ninja asked in an amused tone, pointing at the two left over Crimson Jazzes.

"No, why? These two are some free additions to your record. Consider it as an opportunity to shorten the gap between our kills." Leon answered with a dead serious face, but his tone also showing some hints of amusement.

"Hey! We're not that far apart." She retorted with falsely displayed annoyance, blasting the two Heartless with one big Shuriken each.

Meanwhile in the library itself one of the huge bookshelves was toppled over, books spread out all over the floor with three Invisibles hovering around, a fourth having been just eliminated by the swift strikes of a female warrior wearing the same tight fitting silver uniform and purple hood as Agent L and H.

"You know, trashing the place is normally their task, not ours." A smaller male quipped at her while playfully dodging around the sword strikes of one of the other Invisibles.

"Oh my, shut it Agent Z, when in battle you do not really pay attention to the furniture." The woman snapped at him, swinging her weapon around to block the shot of a hovering Angel Star-Heartless.

"I know, just trying to loose you up a bit." The boy answered, swinging himself down and right through the legs of the Invisible before performing a quick backwards kick to send the Heartless tumbling forward.

Before she could answer, the door to the Entrance hall swung open as Leon and Yuffie entered.

"More Heartless, and some other guys." Yuffie could just state the obvious while Leon wasted no time and dispatched the nearest Heartless he could reach, a Soldier, before turning towards the two silver-clad unknowns.
"Intruders, huh? What are you doing here?"

"Ooops, we're been spotted." The young male called Agent Z said in a totally unconcerned tone, dodging another sword strike of the Invisible which he had kicked before and jumping onto another, still standing bookshelf with quite a high jump.

"Thanks for the newsflash, shorty. Have you found it?" The woman snarled back, clearly unamused by her partner's antics.

"Nope. How can I when I do not even know how it really looks like, huh?" Agent Z complained as he whipped out a short sword in a backhanded grip and blocked the next strike of the Invisible, countering and destroying it with a flurry of slashes.

The Angel Star fired another shot but Yuffie threw a Shuriken in its path, deflecting it towards the roof.
The unknown woman twirled her weapon around and destroyed two more Invisibles.

Lightly irritated as he disliked being ignored, Leon repeated his question in a louder tone. The woman finally turning towards him.
"What does it look like to you? We're trashing Heartless as you can clearly see."

"That's not what I meant!" Leon grunted as he dodged the attack of another Soldier. Another Invisible threw its sword into the ground, turning into a circle of black smoke that surrounded Agent Z.

"Watch out for the curse!" Yuffie yelled as she made a quick flip over the Angel Star, freezing it in place with a Stopra-spell.
"Nice." The unknown woman said, jumping upwards and bringing her weapon down in a heavy thrust.

"Dammit, pesky Heartless." Agent Z hissed a tad annoyed, but still playful as he performed a double jump with two flips, escaping the converging curse of the Invisible.
In the process his purple cape flared out and a long, yellow tail could be spotted elongating from his lower back, causing Leon to let out a surprised shout.

"Can it be!?"

Agent Z landed gracefully on both feet without any effort, pulling a second short sword out and slicing the reformed Invisible to pieces.
Leon shortly rubbed his eyes, could it really be?
"Zidane!?" He asked in disbelief.

#####

More members of the Order Preservers around it seems...;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero Dozer

Oh GOSH. Zidane Tribal is into the game now. And the girl, judging by the weapon, must be RINOA... diddly YEAH!!!!

Also, I feel bad for Terra losing the fight, and for Riku as Vanitas will now have breathing space for drainning his heart. But I'm glad that Terra at least survived that.

-------------------------------------------

*Update!!!!*

Vanitas: "Have you gone mad? Your attack is so powerful it nearly rips my heart apart!!! You have no sense of scale, you Idiot!"

Anti-Sora: "What the heck are you prattling about now, you weakling? I just saved your sorry little ass and gave you an opportunity to refresh your hearts' energy. Now just absorb the remaining power of the attack and kick that annoying guy out."

Vanitas: "You saved my ass? Nearly destroying me alongside the failure counts as saving for you?? How do you expect me to be able to absorb such energy when I need everything to keep my heart stable?

Anti-Sora: "Do I really have to explain every little step for you?"

Vanitas: "You're also as subtle as a herd of elephants stampeding through a storehouse of glass. By using that connection Riku certainly got wind of what happened!"

Anti-Sora: "Seriously buddy, has that guy punched the common sense out of you? Since when are you concerned about your host "getting wind" of things? You had already no problem manifesting your own energy through his arm and even create some of those weird critters you can spawn in order to test how far you've recuperated, so becoming concerned about secrecy NOW is just a ridiculous brain fart on your part."

Vanitas: "That was a completely different situation. Testing my state of recuperation with some Unversed didn't use the connection between them, you moron! Why did you use an area-of-effect attack anyways?

Anti-Sora: "Tsk, now what? You got damaged more again by fighting that guy?"

Vanitas: "The battle has undone much of my recuperation since Riku somehow managed to cut off my access to his darkness."

Anti-Sora: "Man, you sure are worthless... Get on your goddamn feet and use the energy my attack provided, fool, as long as he's trapped in the intense torment he's an easy target! After that, you can use that energy to regain access to your host's darkness."

Vanitas: "You call me worthless? Me? I triggered your awareness in order to have help with my plan."

Anti-Sora: "Yeah, great, you triggered my awareness, so what? Instead of continuosly wasting energy by raging and snapping at me you should get get things done already, remember I’m your partner, not your servant."

Vanitas: "Without me, the being that you are wouldn't even exist, so don't speak with me in this condescending tone!"

Anti-Sora: "Y'know, your nearly destroyed heart would make another great energy battery of torment to fuel my powers with, just like Venny's, so you better cherish our agreement or I may need to modify it if you become too annoying."

Vanitas: "What the heck!?!? Are you threatening me, you bastard?"

Anti-Sora: "Now that's a good rage there, only wasted at the wrong address."

Vanitas: "And you DARE to use his heart for your empowering schemes!? I never allowed you to do that! Sora ok, that was planned, but not this..."

Anti-Sora: "Ehehehehe, you idiot, if you don't want me to use him, you should speed up already and prepare to cross over."

Vanitas: "Cross over? Yeah, right! When I do that I'll kick your damn ass for tasting from a meal that isn't yours to eat!!!"

Anti-Sora: "Oh? Is that a true revocation of our alliance? Then I should probably re-evaluate my priorities...no?"

Vanitas: "Wait! No, no, I didn't mean it like that, I..."

Anti-Sora: "Great, now we are talking, you wouldn't stand a chance against me by now anyways. I have already absorbed much of the created energy from the pain I caused and intensified in here, so you would be MUCH better off being a bit more friendly towards me. After all, I do see some value in our partnership as well, or I wouldn't even put up with your annoying little ass."

Vanitas: "I admit I overreacted, yet still..."

Anti-Sora: "Remember our entire plan, numbskull, and don't let your overblown emotions jeopardize things! Not to mention, as a little additional advice: The more intense your emotions become, the more damage your crippled heart gets in turn, that goes especially for negative ones. So by the true darkness, calm friggin' DOWN!"

Vanitas: "Yet still I'll remind you of the actual content of our agreement! Ventus is MINE! Off-limits for you, get it?"

Anti-Sora: "Relax man, I know we have agreed Venny will be yours in the end. I won't cause that much damage that he'll be so completely broken that he's useless."

Vanitas: "I am the only one allowed to break the idiot so you stay your hands!"

Anti-Sora: "That would be counterproductive to our long-term goals anyways. I will just toy with him a little, not much different than you plan as well..."

Vanitas: "Enough! What part of "he's mine" don't you get? I didn't allow you to play with my toys!"

Anti-Sora: "Ah, now cut it out, you're talking like an insanely jealous homicidal maniac. Instead take some preparations now so you can actually move our main plan forwards!"

Vanitas: "You chastise me of forgetting our main plan but don't adhere to it yourself. Hypocrite!"

--------------

Now the conversation's complete. I even adjusted the first part of it =D

A fantastic Chapter you put out there, Seph. AND YOU FINALLY UPDATED THE THREAD TITLE PROPERLY, WEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards

O_O that was quite intense, sephy!

Now the full conversation of Vanitas and Anti-Sora is here! It's interesting to see and read every single words that comes out of their mouth. xD

Poor Terra! D: He's flicking in and out.. Hope he gets better soon!

So, more new Order members, huh? I am not familiar with those two, so I guess I'll learn about them over time. :)

Daxwren

Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 36 posted)

Hey sephiroth0812, it's me again. I know I haven't been on in what 5 to 7 months, busy summer and opened up fall with 2 deaths in the family, a divorce in my family, plus I had my heart broken by my BF, so yeah busy plus KH1.5 playing on top of all that, enough rambling. This story is getting very heart wrenching and intense. You almost killed Roxas (my dragons and I glare at sephiroth0812 with an evil look). I am a little upset that Terra lost. I am surprised that Vanitas created more darkness in Sora's heart. I am really hoping for some more Kairi/Naminé moments plus Aqua's true appearance. We have met Terra and Ventus after their fates, but not Aqua? Good job with the story, I may not have the time to review as much, but I always read the new chapter when they are posted. Good luck. P.S. when II.5 comes out in the US. I will be locked in my room with a mini fridge playing final mix 2( I am soooooo happy we are finally getting it in America, hope for a Q1 or Q2 2014 release)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 36 posted)

Oh GOSH. Zidane Tribal is into the game now. And the girl, judging by the weapon, must be RINOA... diddly YEAH!!!!

Also, I feel bad for Terra losing the fight, and for Riku as Vanitas will now have breathing space for drainning his heart. But I'm glad that Terra at least survived that.

-------------------------------------------

--------------

Now the conversation's complete. I even adjusted the first part of it =D

A fantastic Chapter you put out there, Seph. AND YOU FINALLY UPDATED THE THREAD TITLE PROPERLY, WEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quite a surprise, huh? Well, you're in for another one next chapter, lol.

It's quite a blow for Terra in more than just one way, also because you can be sure that Master Xehanort will gleefully rub it into his face when we next focus on Terra.
As for Riku, right now he has blocked off Vanitas' access to his darkness with his own light acting as a barrier, depending on how much of Anti-Sora's attack Vanitas can still turn into power though, it remains to be seen how long it holds.

That has to do with Terra actually dividing his consciousness between two places, his own heart (where he still fights MX together with Eraqus) and Riku's heart (where he planned to prepare a last-ditch refuge using their connection). Keeping track of two fights at once is very difficult, and considering that Terra did actually pretty well for most of the fight. Had Anti-Sora not helped Vanitas, Terra would have won eventually.

Yep, they're quite the lovely "partners", aren't they? :D

The thanks for updating the Thread Title properly need to be addressed to Staff member Sign. I cannot change the thread title by myself anymore. <__<

O_O that was quite intense, sephy!

Now the full conversation of Vanitas and Anti-Sora is here! It's interesting to see and read every single words that comes out of their mouth. xD

Poor Terra! D: He's flicking in and out.. Hope he gets better soon!

So, more new Order members, huh? I am not familiar with those two, so I guess I'll learn about them over time. :)

The intensity will be rarely going down in the following parts of the story.

Following their arguments it makes one think about who's the bigger jerkass, huh?

That's because his connection to Riku is wavering and his heart got quite a blow. Now you can speculate on what consequences that may have on his still ongoing battle with MX.

Heh, like said before, unless you played or know the Final Fantasy game they are from, the unfamiliarity is expected. ;)

Hey sephiroth0812, it's me again. I know I haven't been on in what 5 to 7 months, busy summer and opened up fall with 2 deaths in the family, a divorce in my family, plus I had my heart broken by my BF, so yeah busy plus KH1.5 playing on top of all that, enough rambling. This story is getting very heart wrenching and intense. You almost killed Roxas (my dragons and I glare at sephiroth0812 with an evil look). I am a little upset that Terra lost. I am surprised that Vanitas created more darkness in Sora's heart. I am really hoping for some more Kairi/Naminé moments plus Aqua's true appearance. We have met Terra and Ventus after their fates, but not Aqua? Good job with the story, I may not have the time to review as much, but I always read the new chapter when they are posted. Good luck. P.S. when II.5 comes out in the US. I will be locked in my room with a mini fridge playing final mix 2( I am soooooo happy we are finally getting it in America, hope for a Q1 or Q2 2014 release)

Hey there, nice to see you back.
Ouch, you got quite a string of bad luck there, huh? Sorry about that. If you wanna do some pep talk, I'm available during the evening. ^__^
I know busy stuff too, yep, and KH 1.5 is one of them as well. ;)

Yes it is, as the first main antagonist is revealed now as well as his main power, the heart wrenching and intensity is almost inevitable.
Oh dear, I admit Roxas got quite some blow and has lots of pain, but both Terra and Ventus are in fact worse off than him right now.
As for Terra's loss, you have Anti-Sora to thank for that, as without his interference Terra would have won the battle.

It's not like Vanitas created more darkness but that he contributed to the darkness in Sora's heart becoming self-aware as well as starting this new beings quest for more power and thus being responsible for the darkness in Sora's heart growing.
He didn't create anything but took what was already there and started to strengthen and mold it, all the while feeding on Riku's darkness as well in order to move on his own plan.
So if you want to be nitpicky, you could say that all the additional pain Roxas, Ven and Xion as well as Riku and Sora are experiencing is in fact Vanitas' fault.

Kairi will be more involved inevitably once we return to the events of Disney Castle, as she's the only one able to act right now in the real world (Xion is confined to the dark parts of Sora's heart and cannot do much more than keeping Anti-Sora busy somehow).

As for Aqua, have you forgotten her fight with Sephiroth already? We already saw what's up with Aqua and right now she's travelling together with Ansem the Wise contemplating about the things she learned while competing with Sephiroth.
It'll be a while until Aqua really plays an important role in the main plot.

Heh, thanks, I'm glad I can maintain the same level of quality so far.

Yep, we already expected it, but now that they confirmed it the happy train for II.5 can start in its earnest, lol.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Wow. Zidane is in the group too. Should I assume most of the Order Preservers are Final Fantasy Characters? ouo

I find the small quips between Hope and Lightning hilarious. All of that poor furniture being ruined by heartless and people alike. xD

Vantias getting the upper hand despite being chaisted by his anti-heartless partner was a surprise. I thought for sure it'd go to Terra. I look forward to finding out what happens next, Sephy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back