• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 68 posted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 33 posted)

Not that hard. Sora represents the light on the hearts of people, and Roxas reflects the darkness on their hearts. The trick would be getting Roxas out of Sora.

Also, while Sora is a more amicable person that makes friendship with everyone, Roxas is a more aggressive person. So, it's not hard to fathom which side of the balance each one pends to.

Not to mention that Roxas is a reflection of Sora in terms of heart. That means that Roxas could have the same distribution of light/darkness in his heart as Sora, but pending better for darkness. This means that a fusion between the two could form a 50/50 distribution with little trouble.

You don't need two hearts 100% at opposite sides. You just need the formula resulting in a 50/50 mixture.

Last time I checked Roxas has nothing to do with darkness, his element is actually described as light. He does not use a single darkness attack or technique ever. On the contrary, as seen in KH 2 Final Mix Roxas' mastery over light is actually superior to Sora's.

Being aggressive does not make you automatically darkness-related, as both Aqua and Ventus also showed pretty clear that they can be aggressive.

Xehanort's reports say something else on the ratio though. If the forging of the X-blade would be possible with a 50/50 distribution, all the crap with Ventus and Vanitas would not have been neccessary, and these two do have a 100% heart each.

Zero Dozer

Last time I checked Roxas has nothing to do with darkness, his element is actually described as light. He does not use a single darkness attack or technique ever. On the contrary, as seen in KH 2 Final Mix Roxas' mastery over light is actually superior to Sora's.

Hmm, that much is true, Roxas is not a dark wielder. Though, the concept of twilight and such for him... I've always felt that he had some darkness on him.

Being aggressive does not make you automatically darkness-related, as both Aqua and Ventus also showed pretty clear that they can be aggressive.

Well, that thought was based on how this personality is kinda opposite to Sora's thinking line.

Xehanort's reports say something else on the ratio though. If the forging of the X-blade would be possible with a 50/50 distribution, all the crap with Ventus and Vanitas would not have been neccessary, and these two do have a 100% heart each.

Consider that an experimentation. Remember, Xehanort became a villain out of curiosity. Much like a scientist trying to discover how does God's powers work.

Also, remember that Ventus didn't have a pure light heart before Vanitas' creation. And his heart surely was mostly tuned up for the Light element.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards

Chapter 35, the same chapter we also get another peek at Roxas with Ven's Keyblade.
The first appearance of Xehanort will actually set in motion quite some developments that may explain some mysteries from earlier chapters as well as another interesting fight.

Chapter 34 is dedicated completely to the first part of that battle, and while initially shorter than Aqua vs. Sephiroth, it's certainly more intense right off the bat.

Maybe Saturday, but more likely is Sunday. ;)

Not bad that idea, and it certainly goes in the correct direction. Right now, it actually benefits Xehanort if the other parties are occupied with each other.

How would that work? Sora hasn't a heart of pure light or darkness, and Roxas is his Nobody. Even if Roxas has grown a heart, it won't be pure in one element.

I actually looked less at movies in particular but rather on which characters and settings could serve good for the storyline I'm going to tell.
The primary focus is the storyline, so I didn't choose many worlds just for the sake of it and there won't be any retelling of movie plots.
Disney worlds included will have their own place in the plot just like Enchanted Dominion already has with Maleficent and Hades (but I think you haven't read that far yet, *ggg*).

Ah, okay! I just can't believe I forgot about him and his story, lol.

So, the fight will start off with a bang, huh? Looking forward to it, buddy!

I see.. well, either one works for me as long everybody's here for story time.. *giggles*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Hmm, that much is true, Roxas is not a dark wielder. Though, the concept of twilight and such for him... I've always felt that he had some darkness on him.

Well, that thought was based on how this personality is kinda opposite to Sora's thinking line.

Consider that an experimentation. Remember, Xehanort became a villain out of curiosity. Much like a scientist trying to discover how does God's powers work.

Also, remember that Ventus didn't have a pure light heart before Vanitas' creation. And his heart surely was mostly tuned up for the Light element.

Yep. Roxas' concept isn't really twilight per se though. The Nobodies in general are beings of the in-between and while he has a more "darker-shaded" personality than Sora, he isn't his darkness given form or a part of his heart.
Roxas' thinking lines got also shaped to a certain degree by how his one year as an independent existence played out, as he experienced much more negative stuff than Sora did.

If we go by the assumption that Roxas did grow a heart of his own (both in canon and HiU), then it would of course have some darkness in it, as all hearts except the Princesses and Ven have this. But this would be exactly what makes him and Sora unqualified to form the X-blade.

I give you that point, as this theory would go in line of what we know about Xehanort.

Yeah, but before Vanitas' creation Ventus also couldn't be used to forge the X-blade. That Ven's heart was more light than dark can be proven by looking at how big the chunk was that was ripped out of his heart as seen in his broken awakening.

Ah, okay! I just can't believe I forgot about him and his story, lol.

So, the fight will start off with a bang, huh? Looking forward to it, buddy!

I see.. well, either one works for me as long everybody's here for story time.. *giggles*

Well, it isn't that much of a deal since Rudol isn't really a main character anyways. He's more like a major support character, lol.

Yep, Vanitas is after all some pretty brutal and vicious fighter, and Terra's battle theme is called "Rage awakened", so those two clashing should yield something like that.
(Not to mention this was a fight we didn't get to see in BBS).

Alrighty. ;)

Roxie1563

Awards

Yep. Roxas' concept isn't really twilight per se though. The Nobodies in general are beings of the in-between and while he has a more "darker-shaded" personality than Sora, he isn't his darkness given form or a part of his heart.
Roxas' thinking lines got also shaped to a certain degree by how his one year as an independent existence played out, as he experienced much more negative stuff than Sora did.

If we go by the assumption that Roxas did grow a heart of his own (both in canon and HiU), then it would of course have some darkness in it, as all hearts except the Princesses and Ven have this. But this would be exactly what makes him and Sora unqualified to form the X-blade.

I give you that point, as this theory would go in line of what we know about Xehanort.

Yeah, but before Vanitas' creation Ventus also couldn't be used to forge the X-blade. That Ven's heart was more light than dark can be proven by looking at how big the chunk was that was ripped out of his heart as seen in his broken awakening.

Well, it isn't that much of a deal since Rudol isn't really a main character anyways. He's more like a major support character, lol.

Yep, Vanitas is after all some pretty brutal and vicious fighter, and Terra's battle theme is called "Rage awakened", so those two clashing should yield something like that.
(Not to mention this was a fight we didn't get to see in BBS).

Alrighty. ;)

Ah, okay then. :)

Interesting!! This shall be awesome to see (read) once it's out. :3

Well, today's Saturday, but it's up to you as usual, sephly. :)
Hey, I got a question for you: Is there at some point that Sora will have to eventually face Vanitas? If so, would it harm him more or just shrug it off?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Hey sephiroth, have you considered putting max goof in your story, or have you already done so? Im only on chap 6 so i wouldnt know

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 34 posted)

Ah, okay then. :)

Interesting!! This shall be awesome to see (read) once it's out. :3

Well, today's Saturday, but it's up to you as usual, sephly. :)
Hey, I got a question for you: Is there at some point that Sora will have to eventually face Vanitas? If so, would it harm him more or just shrug it off?

This will be the last action this night before going to bed, lol.
Hmm...without spoiling too much I'd say, facing him definitely, but if that means also a fight or not isn't yet clear. As for how Sora would react, that depends on the circumstances when it happens, so I can't yet say.

Hey sephiroth, have you considered putting max goof in your story, or have you already done so? Im only on chap 6 so i wouldnt know

I've considered once during planning stage including characters from TV Series, I won't say yet though which ones I included and which ones I discarded, it depends if I could use them in a meaningful manner for the main story or not.

---

Last but not least, the battle between Terra and Vanitas is on:

#####
XXXIV. Prospects of Horror

Taken by surprise, Vanitas stumbled back, barely able to fend off Terra’s continuous chain of blows.

“Guuah, what’s this…I…” Driven backwards even further, the boy felt the leather armchair in his back. If he would be forced down into it again he’ll be finished.

Terra pressed on the offensive, blow after blow flying at the pure heart of darkness. A metallic chinking sound indicated that he now had managed to force Vanitas’s Keyblade away from its defensive position.
He felt a stinging pain in his stomach as Vanitas rammed his left knee in there, taking Terra totally by surprise.
Jumping up and over him with a flip, Vanitas proceeded to kick Terra heavily in the back, sending the man flying face-first into the leather armchair.

He coughed as he smelled and tasted the odd sensation of blood-like substance the backrest was soaked in.
Heart-energy substance? Ugh…

Using the gained advantage Vanitas ran forward, bringing Void Gear down on Terra’s back.
Noticing it due to the air movements of Vanitas’s blade, Terra turned around quickly elbowing the boy brutally in the right hip in the process.
Gasping and coughing, Vanitas tumbled sideways.

“It’s futile…” He groaned.
“…you won’t hold out long against me like that. You just stall the inevitable.” The boy made a scoffing sound.
Terra was totally unfazed, getting up and taking a battle stance before the boy again, his expression serious and cold like stone.
“You’re exactly the same with your crippled heart…we’ll see who has the longer breath.”

With these words he blasted Vanitas with a Thundaga-spell, Void Gear flying out of the boy’s hand, he himself dropping to his knees.
Stabbing Earthshaker into the ground pinning Void Gear there Terra gripped the boy by his throat, bending down to meet Vanitas’s visible golden eye directly.
“Remember, abomination…I am fighting constantly for over 10 years.”

The golden eye narrowed again, total hatred and malice shimmering in it.
“Yeah…and YOU remember I have the high ground here!” The boy retorted, gripping Terra’s wrist of the hand which was closed around his throat with one hand while slamming the other directly into the man’s face.

“Gyahh…” Terra screamed as the moment of surprise forced him to lessen his grip, which Vanitas used to force his hand away, getting up and delivering him a lightning fast uppercut afterwards.
Forced away from each other, both combattants called their Keyblades back into their hands.

Rubbing his throat with his free hand Vanitas snarled angrily at Terra.
“I will show you why all your efforts are meaningless…”

“You won’t!” Terra answered, sending a Fission Firaga at him.

Vanitas made a quick cartwheel out of the way, but didn’t notice Terra coming up to him fastly with Dark Haze.
Swinging Earthshaker another time he scored a full hit as the blade sliced across Vanitas’s left shoulder right down half of his back to the spine.

Screaming in pain the boy fell over forwards, Terra using the advantage he gained to quickly deliver a heavy kick directly into the boy’s stomach, sending him flying.

Vanitas crashed down on the shattered glass floor of the platform with a very creepy sounding noise.
“You…bastard…I will…trash you…” He hissed in a pressed tone, coughing as he tried to get up again, another sound escaping his lips that almost sounded like a mix of a sigh and a sob.

Blinking only once, Terra raised Earthshaker again and stormed at his opponent, intent on eliminating Vanitas.
I must…I must kill him…then Riku is safe…and Ven as well!!!

“Hmph…I may have sent out my Unversed too fast, but refreshing my energy is still a splendid idea.”
The boy raised Void Gear up into the air, several strands of violet dark energy striking from above into the tip of the blade, dark energy starting to flow into him.

As Terra nearly reached him, Vanitas managed to form two of his dark tendrils again out of his own darkness, whipping Terra away with two loud cracking noises.
“Yeah, that’s it. Give me more of your darkness, Riku…heal me with it!” He said gleefully.

“NO! Stop!” Terra yelled, jumping at him only to be thrown back by a shockwave of darkness Vanitas sent out.
“Idiot! I told you that I have the high ground here…”
---

In the physical world, Riku had just been able to fall asleep again as a strange feeling of weakness gripped him.

Haah, huuh…what’s this? I am feeling so strange…what’s happening?

Literally punched awake again he clasped his chest, panting heavily with a dazed sight.
The sight of the ceiling in the room in Disney Castle was blurred and he felt something feeding on his own darkness from the inside stronger than before.

Uuuhh, Terra, what’s happening inside my heart? Not even Ansem did…
…Igh…I need to…activate my light to…protect my darkness…
---

Terra stormed at Vanitas with more ferocity than ever before to interrupt him weakening Riku, but he got blown back by an even more intense wave of darkness.

Vanitas, now surrounded with an aura of dark energy, let out another evil cackle as he spotted Terra trying to get up again.
The wound that had been inflicted on his back and some of the smaller bruises visible on his exposed skin on some parts of the ripped bodysuit started to heal rapidly.

“Ahahaha, you poor useless fool! You can’t stop me…I will use all energy I need from Riku and then I will go get Ventus. Although I despise the old fart…I think I will lend him a hand nonetheless by disrupting your confidence. I will hit where it hurts you the most, at your beloved friends…starting with little Ven-Ven.”

Growling in anger again, Terra stood up blindingly fast, nearly flying at Vanitas swinging his blade at him, only to be blocked by a dark shield and then blasted by a flurry of black-purple dark lightning bolts from the fingertips of Vanitas’s left hand.

“Rejoice in despair!” He whispered in a tone that was soaked in sadistic pleasure and madness, floating up a bit as he absorbed more of Riku’s darkness.
“I will ensure you have the best view possible when I have my way with your little friend…haha, just like now with Riku…”

Terra felt his last ounce of self-control slipping away, his fear for Riku and his beloved friend, no, his beloved brother Ven clouding anything else.
He could only faintly hear the words of encouragement the heart of Master Eraqus whispered to him from afar, from inside the shared heart-fusion between him, Eraqus and Xehanort where they were still fighting for dominance.
His immense hatred of Xehanort now also extending to Vanitas and his sick, deranged threats, he came to think of the other person most important to him beside Ven.
If I could only rely on Aqua as additional support…uuh.

Don’t make the same error again, Terra! Don’t rely on hate and rage! These words echoing in Terra’s mind sounded like they were spoken by Eraqus and Aqua in unison.

“I won’t!” He screamed aloud, to boost his own confidence again and to prove he had learned.
“But I also won’t let Vanitas have his twisted way…” Master, please keep Xehanort off for a short while by yourself…I…I need my full attention-span here.

“You won’t get away with your sick, sadistic plans, Vanitas. Not as long as I can stand!” He barked at the dark heart, his Earthshaker now glowing with golden energy.

Vanitas turned his face to him again, his visible eye emanating mockery.
“You won’t stand long anymore then…”
Shooting another round of dark lightning, Terra jumped right over it, changing into Critical Impact command style.

“Oh…impressive.” Vanitas mocked. “As if that would be enough…you know…Riku’s darkness is in fact very comfortable…way more refined and controlled than any darkness I tasted before. I wonder how good that can be used to torture someone…”

Now encased in a golden aura as well as his weapon, Terra flew at the dark boy again, face angered but determined.
“Shut up you…you…you FREAK!”

As he let the golden glowing Earthshaker rush down right on Vanitas’s head, intent on splitting his skull apart, the boy formed something that looked like a dark reflect-spell around himself, rebuffing the Keyblade strike.

“Gotcha!”
Out of the black glowing reflect-dome several black shadow clones of Vanitas emerged, diving at Terra with high speed.
“That won’t stop me!” He yelled, performing several fast Critical Impact combos, trashing the shadow clones.

Vanitas prepared to sent the dark reflect-dome shattering at Terra, using the multiple projectiles as a cover to strike unseen as he suddenly noticed something floating between his heart and the darkness of Riku’s heart, cutting off his access.

What…what the hell…what is this? Noo…

Riku’s light shone through, preventing Vanitas’ heart from getting anymore energy.

Arrgh…Riku…you bastard!
---

It seems to have worked…the feeding on my darkness stopped.

Riku allowed himself a small, relieved smile as his dazed sight became slowly normal again, the pain in his heart subsiding and his feeling of weakness ceasing.

Wiping away some sweat from his forehead, the silver-haired teen grunted.
I’m now sure, there’s some parasite inside me…some who needs vast amounts of energy for whatever reason. Can it really be a remnant of Ansem? The very last, purest form of his darkness that remained engraved into my heart?
But what were these blue creatures with the creepy red eyes then? They were no Heartless…what were they?

Wiping through his hair again he sat up sighing, taking a big sip out of a glass of water standing on the nightstand beside the bed.

I just sincerely hope Mickey has at least a convincing theory on this mess…

---

Having enabled the finisher of Critical Impact, Terra jumped up high, performing a strong powered up downward slash that broke through Vanitas’s dark barrier.
The boy’s golden eye flaring up in shock, he could only barely avoid Terra’s blow, the big shockwave hitting him hard nonetheless.

Squirming in pain, Vanitas raised Void Gear to block a follow-up strike but Terra instead blasted him with Thundaga again, followed by a shattering punch right in the middle of his chest.
“Guuurgh…you haven’t got me…yet!” He coughed, still unrelenting and spiteful.
Igh…this guy isn’t going down…damn it. At least he ceased feeding on Riku’s heart though.
Terra readied his battle stance another time, diverting some attention back to Xehanort again.
I will never let Vanitas succeed…never.

#####

Roxie1563

Awards

Damn, that was an intense battle!!

Poor Riku.. :( But at least he managed to use his Light to counter the Darkness inside his heart.

Vanitas will make good on his threat, and it will back fire on him greatly! That's why he's my favorite villain than Xehanort at the moment, lol.

Keep it coming, sephly! :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

For a moment there, I thought Vanitas was going to be elimanated once and for all when Terra had the upper hand. I kinda pity Vanitas. He reminded me of Ventus's weak state until he went and started draining Riku's darkness. I feel bad that Riku doesn't entirely know what's going on but, at least he has Terra to keep Vanitas at bay from inside him.

It was quite the intense battle and very well written, Sephy.

Roxie1563

Awards

For a moment there, I thought Vanitas was going to be elimanated once and for all when Terra had the upper hand. I kinda pity Vanitas. He reminded me of Ventus's weak state until he went and started draining Riku's darkness. I feel bad that Riku doesn't entirely know what's going on but, at least he has Terra to keep Vanitas at bay from inside him.

Vanitas is one awesome badass, don't you think, Kat?

I agree fully.. Sephly, you wrote this scene beautifully!! :D

Zero Dozer

Vanitas, always outta control. And it seems that he learned how to accelerate his healing process.

Terra will have a dangerous fight ahead, and Riku's time is starting to get short...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Damn, that was an intense battle!!

Poor Riku.. :( But at least he managed to use his Light to counter the Darkness inside his heart.

Vanitas will make good on his threat, and it will back fire on him greatly! That's why he's my favorite villain than Xehanort at the moment, lol.

Keep it coming, sephly! :D

I didn't promise too much, huh? I also intended to use quite some abilities shown in Birth by Sleep, like the dark barrier and shadow clones Vanitas uses are actually those used by the Vanitas' Remnant secret boss, y'know?

These bits with Riku are to showcase what happens if Vanitas starts to feed on his darkness full force, which is one of the reasons Terra attacks with even more ferocity.
It's also not actually like Riku used his Light to counter his own Darkness, but that he shielded his own Darkness with his Light to deny Vanitas' crippled heart access.
Riku's Light functions like a barrier cutting Vanitas' off from absorbing more energy.

Of course, Vanitas is not someone who makes empty threats, he will try to do everything that he stated to Terra. How far he comes and what consequences that has is still up in the air, but it will surely result in much more dramatic tension along the line.
Next chapter we'll see Xehanort, no worries, lol.

Two weeks, like always. ^__^

Would be pretty of a waste to have Vanitas eliminated that quickly, wouldn't it? ;)
The status of their hearts being similar is intended as they are frankly in the same situation overall since both their hearts were part of the now shattered X-blade, but both cope with the situation and act in totally different ways and with different attitudes towards it.
Ventus would never try and feed off Sora's heart to heal himself like Vanitas tries now with Riku and also not go and work towards controlling him.
There will be possible more reminding parts later on, although you'll see that Vanitas' conclusions and thoughts are much different than Ventus'.

In a way, Vanitas' and Terra's interactions and dynamics can even be compared with Ventus' and Roxas', providing a heavy contrast.

Yeah, although it can be considered "lucky" that Terra's mind even found Vanitas' heart. When Terra and Riku first talked before Riku was shoved out of his own heart, Terra promised to investigate out of several reasons, the one that he choose Riku's heart as a possible safe retreat if things with Xehanort should go awry not even the main one.

Thanks, I really strived to make clear that both of the participants are pretty heated up and utterly despise each other so they even go at each other with bare hands for some parts.

Vanitas is one awesome badass, don't you think, Kat?

I agree fully.. Sephly, you wrote this scene beautifully!! :D

As long as you don't forget that beyond all "badassery" there's still a twisted sadist at work who's turning the state of several characters into a living hell with more planned everything's ok, lol. :p

Thanks, thanks. *bows*

Vanitas, always outta control. And it seems that he learned how to accelerate his healing process.

Terra will have a dangerous fight ahead, and Riku's time is starting to get short...

Yep, the more intense he feeds on Riku's heart-energy (specifically his darkness), the faster he can heal, practically a forced heart-connection more on a parasitic level without Riku's actual consent.
More similar to how Xehanort does a heart-connection than Sora, and you can bet that both Riku and Sora will not be happy about this.

For now, Riku managed to cut off Vanitas' access by using the Light of his own Heart, so in short-term he should be fine.
However, there's more in store, much more that has also to do with the black walls that are preventing Sora from entering his own heart.

Roxie1563

Awards

I haven't made that far to beating Vanitas's Spirit.. :( but it worked perfectly. :)

Oh, I know that; just Vanitas is so badass that it's hard to not like him.. you know what I mean?

Right, 2 weeks. At least I have some RL stuff to keep me busy until then. :p

Roxie1563

Awards

Seph, make my day, take profit on two weeks having already passed and post the Chapter 35, please.

Ha! Zero, you should be patient.. After all, it's Sephly we're talking about here. :p

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 35 posted)

Nice to see that the interest here is still awake. ^__^

Yep, it's already two weeks later so it's time for the next chapter.

This time, after Roxas experiences some more mysterious stuff, we will finally see Rudol's journey coming to an end when he delivers the ominious shard he fetched from Destiny Islands in chapter 15 to his boss. ;)

#####
XXXV. Meeting the Master

Roxas had by now crossed the way between Ven's resting place and the dropped Keyblade.

For short moment he wondered why Ven hadn't dismissed it, but came to the conclusion that in his pain-trip he surely had other worries as to think about this.

Stooping down he grabbed the oddly shaped weapon with his right hand.
My observations were true, this Keyblade is specifically designed for a reverse grip.
It's also a certain bit shorter than my Oblivion or Oathkeeper.

Swinging the Keyblade around a few times in it's intended way of wielding Roxas's expression soured a bit as he scrutinized the weapon.
I could not really fight like this, but I have to say, it's also way more lightweight than my blades.
Still, the nerfed range and way of wielding it is not really my style.

His eyes flickering over to the skinny form of the sleeping other blonde again shortly before returning it to the blade, he remembered how Ven, or rather, his armored apparition, had moved while they had fought.
His battlestyle emphasizes heavily on speed and agility. From that point of view, this Keyblade is actual ideal for him, ah?

As he flicked the blade over into a forward holding stance a slightly warm, but comfortable and familiar feeling came up in his hand.
Wh-What? This-this feeling, it's very similar to the feeling of my own Oathkeeper!?

Holding up his left hand, Roxas manifested his own Oathkeeper from his memories.
That feeling, it's not similar, it's the same! What does this mean?

Roxas was torn from his own thoughts as he heard Ventus moan in his sleep.
"Huh? What?" Fear flaring up within him he hastily ran back beside his look-alike, who was slightly trembling.
"What's wrong?" He asked in a worried tone, dismissing his Oathkeeper.

"No, not now, please!" Pressing his lips together, Ven threw himself around, his right hand flying up from under the coat.

With a bright flash of light Ven's Keyblade dissappeared from Roxas's hand, reappearing in the outstretched hand of the other boy before vanishing completely.
Letting his hand fall Ventus calmed down, curling himself up under the coat again.

"Cannot allow this now." He mumbled a bit exhausted.
Calming down himself as well Roxas let out a sigh.
"So that was it, you finally noticed wasting energy by keeping your blade materialized, huh?"
While whispering this he shortly let his hand rush through his own hair.
Still why did he only notice that when I picked up the thing?I suppose there is really much, much more between us than just identical looks.

Sitting down beside his friend again Roxas let out another, more relieved sigh.
Ventus reacted to this by turning around once more, his face now turned towards Roxas with a small smile.
Additionally, he let out a small whine-sound that was reminiscent to that of a young dog, flustering the other blonde.
What is this? Can he feel when I am near him???Even while sleeping?
So confusing but at least he looks happy and relaxed.

Grinning, he shortly nudged the other boy in the abdomen, earning a low grunt.
Well then, how about I rest a little bit as well, just for a short while.

Stretching his body out beside Ventus, face also turned towards the other, Roxas now also felt his own exhaustion after all that happened since he found Ven's heart, a bit of sleep would also serve something good for himself.
---

The icy storms wailed around the thick, dark gray walls of the fortress standing on a hill that lead out to a cliff on the other side.
It was a compact citadel in a square shape, a big, menacing tower on each corner on the outer wall, sharp spikes on the top of the inner wall surrounding the massive keep.

A trail of old railway tracks ended at a small, wrecked station right before the main entrance of the fortress.
Rudol Baccarat moved forwards through the high snow, already stiff and weary from the long march through the 'Plains of frozen agony'.

Heading determined towards the main entrance he was relieved to finally get into something warmer.
Even coming just inside the outer court between the two walls was already a great relief. Torches were lit and a welcome opporunity to warm up.

Rudol now crossed the big gate of the inner wall and hurried into the keep, even bigger torches on the walls in the main entrance hall casting a comfortable light.

As he discarded the fur mantle, throwing it on a broad couch right beside the main door of the keep, a seemingly nervous man with long blonde hair wearing a lab coat came rushing down the main flight of stairs.

"Rudol! Rudol! Where the heck were you? You're later than late! The Master is expecting you."

"A good day to you as well, Even. Don't make such a fuss." The elegant man answered calmly, shaking some snow off his body as he also removed the hood of his black coat.

Even threw his right arm around in a fit, an eyebrow twitching.
"You don't get it! You're overdue more than three hours. Why did you take the far entrance to the world instead of the near one in the Fissure of blackened violence!?"

"Because I didn't feel like fighting bunches of Heartless. The 'Plains of frozen agony' were no comfortable landscape to journey through as well but, why are you throwing such fits anyways?"
Rudol chuckled a bit.
"After all, if the Master is gonna chop one's head off it'll be mine, not yours."

As if only realizing that now, Even calmed suddenly down quite a little.
"That's true, but still, why do you risk the Master getting upset? He's a difficult to handle guy in normal mood already."

"Everything is a sort of a gamble in life, and I am actually sure it will pay off this time since I have what the Master wants. The mission to Destiny Islands was a success. Now, where is the Master, Throne room or Office?"

Even blinked shortly.
"Oh, uuhh, Office I think."
"Thank you colleague, and you better get back to your work whatever it was the Master ordered you to do.
Oh, one last question: Any news from the others yet?"

"Not many, Dilan apparently managed to infiltrate the palace of Agrabah, but hasn't found the target yet, no news from Braig, Aeleus or the recon department."

"Alright." Nodding, Rudol moved past Even and headed for the main office of his boss situated at the second floor.

The corridors were lit with rows of smaller torches which alternated with old knight's armors and sometimes a painting.
On the stone floors there were long, broad carpets in the colors of either black or red, each sporting a white 'X' in the middle.

Rudol had by now reached his destination and knocked at the massive dark brown oak door.

"Come in!" A demanding voice sounded.

Opening the door he entered a wide, broad room which was partly fitted out with some devices of a more futuristic design.
Beside those, on the left side there were three couches in dark red cushion in a half-circle around a rectangular table of dark wood, a big fireplace behind one of the couches and a strange, globe-like device behind another.

The third couch was directly on the backside wall, directly beside the big panorama window that was situated across the door. Over this couch, two normal, claymore-esque longswords were crossed on the wall.

On the right side there was another door leading to another room flanked by two big book shelves and one odd capsule-like device placed before one shelf.

Right before the big panorama window stood a broad, heavy desk filled with papers, scrolls and a big petroleum lamp. Between this desk and the window stood the throne-like desk chair the Master was sitting in, its front side turned to the window exposing the back to Rudol.

The backside of the chair depicted another, stylized and very strange 'X'. Strange in the way of its coloring as one of the strokes of the 'X' was white while the other was black.

Rudol bowed formally as the Master spoke again.

"Ah, Rudol. I've expected you a bit earlier perhaps but I tend to assume you have a good explanation for that."

"Yes, Master Xehanort. One reason was that I took the long route to the base instead of the short, bypassing some Heartless. The cargo I carry attracts them like moths."

At this notion the lips of the man in the chair curled up into a devious smile.

"The second one was the occurrence that I managed to run into the Key that connects everything, and the 'Wielder of Balance' while securing the target." Rudol continued, his voice normally modulated without any fear or overboarding excitement.

"Oh, that's quite interesting." Master Xehanort exclaimed in a mildly curious tone, now turning around with the chair facing Rudol.

The standing man gulped shortly at the sight, as Xehanort's golden eyes were very intimidating.
Before him sat a young Master Xehanort apparently in his early twenties, four silver bangs framing his rather tan face which let the golden eyes stick out even more.
His silver hair was shoulder-length and largely slicked back except the bangs.

"So you met Sora and Riku not entirely surprising as it is their home world and Riku has developed a certain sensitive smell for mysterious things, especially when they involve darkness."
Xehanort explained further, his left hand twitching a little.

"Do they suspect anything yet? What have you told them?" The Master of darkness shot these questions out like spears, yet his voice remained calm and collected.

"Oh, Riku was quite wary of everything and refused to back off until I revealed my name. Sora on the other hand was pretty confused at my peaceful behavior, although he reacted a bit weird when I pulled out the target.
The way he asked what it is sounded a bit like he had a deep inner uneasiness he wasn't even aware of himself.
Still, except my name and that I travel worlds to make them safer they didn't come to know anything."

"As expected." Xehanort mumbled, another sly smile forming on his face when Rudol talked about Sora.
"well then, show me the result of your mission."

Rudol pulled out the metal shard he had acquired on Destiny Islands from the hidden pocket in his coat and put it on Xehanort's desk.

His eyes flaring up in an unsettling way that indicated severe greed bordering on obsession, Xehanort stood up and took the shard into his hand.

"Admirably done, Rudol. This is a correct one, I can feel it. Very good, another piece secured."
####

He's finally there, Xehanort makes an appearance, lol. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero Dozer

So, we came to know where is Xehanort.

I think it's good to know that he still retains Terra's body. And more curiously, it is totally confirmed about the XIII acting by Sora's back on their human forms.

I am somewhat curious about the other members. I mean Marluxia and Larxene. Have you found their original names, I mean, something that really sounds like a person's name, like Rudol in Luxord's case?

(I didn't mention Demyx because Dyme would be the most plausible hit on this case.)

Anyways, what is so special about the rock Rudol brought with him through that entire hell?

(Also, I think I have a name for that wasteland: All That There Ever Were.)

Roxie1563

Awards

Xehanort!!!! :mad: *summons what used to be Terra's now mine, Ends of Earth Key-blade.*

Wow, wow! I'm surprised to see Even and some mentions of the others alive and in their Somebodies form! :O

Though, Master Xehanort and his younger self is more shocking to me..

Just what does he want with that Shard from Destiny Island....? For some reason, I feel it's the way to bring back the X-blade to exist once more.

But Ven.. *giggles* That was just cute and funny! :D

All right, 2 weeks to go. :)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Another great chapter, Sephy. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Rudol or Even would still be intimated by Master Xehanort. I'm kinda surprised there are two of them together in the same room. The shard must have to do with the X blade. (Assuming this.) As for Roxas, it was nice to see him finally eneract with Ventus's keyblade. Is it possible there is a lot more connecting them together than just their looks?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

So, we came to know where is Xehanort.

I think it's good to know that he still retains Terra's body. And more curiously, it is totally confirmed about the XIII acting by Sora's back on their human forms.

I am somewhat curious about the other members. I mean Marluxia and Larxene. Have you found their original names, I mean, something that really sounds like a person's name, like Rudol in Luxord's case?

(I didn't mention Demyx because Dyme would be the most plausible hit on this case.)

Anyways, what is so special about the rock Rudol brought with him through that entire hell?

(Also, I think I have a name for that wasteland: All That There Ever Were.)

Yep, Master X has a new headquarters, one that isn't so easily to reach.

Of course he does, as I chose to forego the stuff from DDD (since I planned the story out before DDD was even out in Japan) the stuff in BBS is practically still more important than it is now in actual canon. Well, as for the old Org members, so far we can at least confirm that Braig, Isa, Ienzo, Dilan, Even, Aeleus and Rudol are still working for Xehanort.
Why they are doing this and their motivations are still mysteries though, and willingly being accomplices or obeying out of fear are certainly not the only possible reasons.

Marluxia and Larxene are labeled as traitors, just like Roxas, so you won't see them in league with Xehanort and his cronies. As for their human forms, if they appear, they might play a more minor role, but that I can't yet say.

I won't comment on that one as the next chapter holds an answer to that.

It's not really a rock, but a sliver of metal, that's an important difference! Remember in chapter 15 when Rudol found that thing it was attracting Heartless? What are Heartless often attracted to besides Hearts? When Rudol and Xehanort talk about Sora's reactions to the shard that also has some deeper meaning.

With Xehanort's reaction to it you can also see that he puts much significance on that shard, so the association with what that is shouldn't be too hard anymore.

Very creative, and I won't just deny or confirm it. Next chapter Xehanort will give some more information about this world to "entertain" Rudol which also includes a name, although I'll shoot out right away that this name isn't the world's true name.

Xehanort!!!! :mad: *summons what used to be Terra's now mine, Ends of Earth Key-blade.*

Wow, wow! I'm surprised to see Even and some mentions of the others alive and in their Somebodies form! :O

Though, Master Xehanort and his younger self is more shocking to me..

Just what does he want with that Shard from Destiny Island....? For some reason, I feel it's the way to bring back the X-blade to exist once more.

But Ven.. *giggles* That was just cute and funny! :D

All right, 2 weeks to go. :)

Lol, nice reference to the Lingering Will. But yeah, the guy had to be introduced eventually, right?
Next chapter might send some shivers down readers spines I guess...

Heh, you didn't expect the crazy scientist still around when Ienzo was already introduced with the black coated figure in earlier chapters? Even may be a "wimp" in battle but he's nonetheless an evil genius when it comes to science. Let's just say that Xehanort still has quite the use for him. Aeleus was already mentioned by Braig and Isa to be in the Land of Dragons while we now learn that Dilan is in Agrabah.
Prize question: What the heck are they doing there?

Uh? Did I describe something unclear there? There is only one Master Xehanort, namely the young one in his early twenties that is described. It is essentially Terra-Xehanort, but with Master Xehanort's clothes and him in full control (on the outside). The "more than one Xehanort" from Coded is used differently in HiU and the Mysterious Figure from BBS is a different surprise.
HiU does not involve Time Travel!

His reaction when Rudol gives it to him should speak for itself. ;)
I can't yet give any specifics, so please use your imagination *shameless Nomura-mode: ON*

Heh, glad you like that one, showing Roxas and Ven like this does not only serve to flesh out their relationship but also to show the vast differences between them, Vanitas and Terra as well as to contrast how Ventus and Vanitas each deal with their totally crippled hearts.

Another great chapter, Sephy. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Rudol or Even would still be intimated by Master Xehanort. I'm kinda surprised there are two of them together in the same room. The shard must have to do with the X blade. (Assuming this.) As for Roxas, it was nice to see him finally eneract with Ventus's keyblade. Is it possible there is a lot more connecting them together than just their looks?

Thanks. ^__^
Well, Terra-Xehanort in with MX on full control on the outside with Master Xehanort's clothes (and he essentially IS MX right now) can be quite imposing, although as a gambler Rudol is a bit more indifferent and his level of intimidation is nowhere as high as Even's.
Seeing that my description might really not have been that clear, but there's really only one Xehanort in the room right now: The one sitting in the desk chair which is a "younger Master Xehanort" in the term of him being essentially "Terra-Xehanort" from BBS, the recompleted version after both Ansem and Xemnas were "erased".

Gotta go into Nomura-mode again here, lol, I can't yet say, but the indicators should be obvious in which direction this goes. ;)

The issue with the Keyblade is for one to show that Roxas' Oathkeeper is indeed Ven's Keyblade. The reason why Roxas can hold both Wayward Wind and Oathkeeper together shortly there (which indicates that he wields the same Keyblade two times) is that Roxas technically does not exist anymore (only his inner self/spirit is still there) and the Oathkeeper he wields is crafted from his own memories, yet still functions as a true Keyblade in the "heart-layer" of reality where they are situated right now.
Secondly all this, Ven's reactions and actions he takes despite being asleep and Roxas' feelings (also the fact that he can feel Ventus' pain if it is especially severe, which then is also felt by Sora as seen in earlier chapters) as well as subconscious actions on his part is all linked to Roxas' current status as a living being and the question if he has a heart.
Sora also features heavily into this, partly even more than Ventus, as well as Kairi in a lesser manner. I won't go much more into this right now since it's one of the focal points of the story concerning hearts. ^__^
So in short, yep, there's more connecting Ventus and Roxas together than just looks. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back