• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 68 posted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Dozer

Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 31 posted)

Finally managed to read all 31 chapters.

Should I say how impressed I am, Seph-o? This fanfic acts as a perfect interlude between Coded and Dream Drop Distance.

And I'm also impressed at your initiative of including Beatrix (FFIX), Balthier/Fran (FFXII) and Serah/Sazh (FFXIII) into the story.

Hey, Would I see Amarant Coral and Zell Dincht on a close future? And the ending, would it connect to the real starting point of Dream Drop Distance, going so far as to NOVELIZE THE 3DS GAME?

Nonetheless, I am impressed at your fanfic.

Also, it is quite true that Sora takes quite the responsability for the help of others...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Wooo!! That was an awesome chapter! I feel for Sora since he can't repay for those has happened during the year he was asleep; he knew something was up, yet he can't give it back.

I'm looking forward to Terra's side of the story! :) And uh, I'll be more patient for sure. It was kind of hard to follow this one, but easy enough to get the gist of it.

Thanks. ^__^
Yup, it's also a way to show the sheer sensitivity of Sora's heart despite it being closed off to him right now. He feels that there happened something terrible (obviously comes from Roxas and Xion), but doesn't know anything which makes him upset.
As seen by the hallucination he had, Riku also has some slight uneasiness.

Terra's side will be, well, on one part more action-filled but also bring up some stuff that might make some things clearer. At least half-clear, lol.

Finally managed to read all 31 chapters.

Should I say how impressed I am, Seph-o? This fanfic acts as a perfect interlude between Coded and Dream Drop Distance.

And I'm also impressed at your initiative of including Beatrix (FFIX), Balthier/Fran (FFXII) and Serah/Sazh (FFXIII) into the story.

Hey, Would I see Amarant Coral and Zell Dincht on a close future? And the ending, would it connect to the real starting point of Dream Drop Distance, going so far as to NOVELIZE THE 3DS GAME?

Nonetheless, I am impressed at your fanfic.

Also, it is quite true that Sora takes quite the responsability for the help of others...

Why hello there and welcome new reader. ^__^

I'm flattered you're impressed with my work so far. It may possibly come over as this at first, but it also introduces some stuff that would not work with Dream Drop Distance (like Sora already being aware of the people in his heart and suffering of the "harbingers of torment").
The fact is that I worked the plot of this FanFic out from April to June 2011 (this thread started in July) and deliberately choose to ignore Dream Drop Distance as a whole (because we had close to no information by then).
The secret ending of Coded will be incorporated, just in a different way. There are several plot points scratched upon which are similar to DDD (like the topic of hearts), but that's because I had very similar ideas to Nomura in that area.

So in essence this tale either replaces DDD completely or can even count as "KH III" diverging from the original "Nomura"-canon after Coded.
Since this story is also very big (and the chapters relatively short), as I'm writing at chapter 48 right now, I think the label of "alternate KH III" would fit it better.

One part of deciding to include more FF characters was surely to add some more FF into it, but on another note they will also have to play a semi-important role in the narrative. Of course it won't be near the importance of Sora, Ventus, Kairi or Riku, but still a bit more than a mere cameo.
Beatrix, Balthier and Fran will eventually join Leon's Restoration commitee, while for Sazh and Serah there's something completely different, but that would be spoiling stuff. ;)

Without revealing too much, I'd say an appearance of Xell (the german spelling of the name) is not out of the question. :D
Well, like said, this story fills practically the shoes of DDD (which doesn't exist in this continuity) and KH III as well. The ending (or finale) will depict the final battle with Xehanort.

Thanks again. :)

Zero Dozer

Why hello there and welcome new reader. ^__^

I'm flattered you're impressed with my work so far. It may possibly come over as this at first, but it also introduces some stuff that would not work with Dream Drop Distance (like Sora already being aware of the people in his heart and suffering of the "harbingers of torment").
The fact is that I worked the plot of this FanFic out from April to June 2011 (this thread started in July) and deliberately choose to ignore Dream Drop Distance as a whole (because we had close to no information by then).
The secret ending of Coded will be incorporated, just in a different way. There are several plot points scratched upon which are similar to DDD (like the topic of hearts), but that's because I had very similar ideas to Nomura in that area.

So in essence this tale either replaces DDD completely or can even count as "KH III" diverging from the original "Nomura"-canon after Coded.
Since this story is also very big (and the chapters relatively short), as I'm writing at chapter 48 right now, I think the label of "alternate KH III" would fit it better.

One part of deciding to include more FF characters was surely to add some more FF into it, but on another note they will also have to play a semi-important role in the narrative. Of course it won't be near the importance of Sora, Ventus, Kairi or Riku, but still a bit more than a mere cameo.
Beatrix, Balthier and Fran will eventually join Leon's Restoration commitee, while for Sazh and Serah there's something completely different, but that would be spoiling stuff. ;)

Without revealing too much, I'd say an appearance of Xell (the german spelling of the name) is not out of the question. :D
Well, like said, this story fills practically the shoes of DDD (which doesn't exist in this continuity) and KH III as well. The ending (or finale) will depict the final battle with Xehanort.

Thanks again. :)

Interesting. The reason I said that is because things are still happening on a point that seems before the starting point of DDD. (And unfortunately I don't have a 3DS to play DDD. And I don't want Youtube spoiling the story for me, there's already the Wikia and KHWiki for that XD)

Well, we'll see how things will turn out. It seems that you're already making Sora and Riku travel through the worlds at the point you said to be right now (Chapter 48, this proves that you're quite as or more creative than me XD).

That said, I assume you will take a bit of inspiration on what you saw on DDD to make some new plot points for your continuity? I mean, with Sora getting overrode by the THREE beings inside him (I count Xion as well), and Riku having to save the day right at the start of this war...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Interesting. The reason I said that is because things are still happening on a point that seems before the starting point of DDD. (And unfortunately I don't have a 3DS to play DDD. And I don't want Youtube spoiling the story for me, there's already the Wikia and KHWiki for that XD)

Well, we'll see how things will turn out. It seems that you're already making Sora and Riku travel through the worlds at the point you said to be right now (Chapter 48, this proves that you're quite as or more creative than me XD).

That said, I assume you will take a bit of inspiration on what you saw on DDD to make some new plot points for your continuity? I mean, with Sora getting overrode by the THREE beings inside him (I count Xion as well), and Riku having to save the day right at the start of this war...

When taking DDD into consideration this might be true, but in order to truly enjoy the story as itself I would recommend to forget about any developments we learn in Dream Drop Distance. Things that may turn out similar (or maybe even nearly the same) as in DDD are coincidental.

Like I said, forget any premise from DDD for this ride. The Realm of Sleep doesn't even exist in this continuity, and I'm afraid actual big world travelling will take a backseat anyways since I focus so much on the main story, character interactions and descriptions there will be not much room for additional Disney stories. The way I have planned things already require a vast amount of chapters (and words) in order to keep the quality and don't rush some plotlines.

I strongly doubt that as the story is already completely planned out. I specifically chose to avoid anything regarding DDD because I thought out so many plot points and twists for myself already using just the background lore from the games KH 1 to Coded that incorporating stuff from DDD would needlessly complicate things.
That Sora has to somehow face the torment of those inside him and that it can have harmful side effects has already been hinted about in Coded, the "Harbingers of torment" and Sora's sensitive heart occassionally feeling something (this has also another reason, as when you look in the earlier chapters Roxas sometimes feels pain from Ven, but not always, and so does Sora, there is a connection!) stem solely from stuff learned in Coded and nothing related to DDD.
And who says that Riku will be the one to save the day, or save it alone? Remember, he has that "weird foreign darkness" within him! ;)

The only things I did take over from DDD weren't any plot points but solely the TWEWY-characters because they were introduced to appear in DDD very early, and those I put in a side-plotline I had already planned.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards

All right, sounds good! :) Glad to see that Terra's side of the story will be action-packed! I'm an fan of action stories, lol, so that's right there for me. :) Just take your time getting it all fixed up.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

All right, sounds good! :) Glad to see that Terra's side of the story will be action-packed! I'm an fan of action stories, lol, so that's right there for me. :) Just take your time getting it all fixed up.

Heh, yep. Next chapter will be split in two actually. First we focus a bit on Roxas and his confused state before we go to Terra battling the "foreign darkness" inside Riku's heart.
It will become quite intense I'd say, and at the end of the chapter one will most likely know that this will not end peacefully. ;)

Well, with that explained, I think it's fine with me.

Now, I'll wait for Chapter 32.

I always tend to explain my reasoning thoroughly. :D

In two weeks we'll be there. I intend to stay true with the release schedule this year regardless of the proofread-status.

Roxie1563

Awards

Sounds good! :) I don't know if you get what I'm saying, but just take your time with the proof reading thing.. I guess I shouldn't had to push you about chapters being late.. Please Forgive me! *bows down at the waist*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Sounds good! :) I don't know if you get what I'm saying, but just take your time with the proof reading thing.. I guess I shouldn't had to push you about chapters being late.. Please Forgive me! *bows down at the waist*

Lol, ok, but I also don't know if you get it that proofreading the things myself would not work sufficiently since I wrote that stuff. Proofreading needs to be done by someone who can look at the chapter unbiased (and is ideally more well-versed in English than I am).
So in short, I can't take or give any time regarding the proofreading, that's November's thing to manage and I honestly haven't heard from her for quite a while. I guess there's much to attend to in RL for her.

That I want to keep the two-weeks-schedule is also something I wanted to do myself since it is generally not good to leave a story without an update too long.
It also isn't the case that I would have writer's block or anything, so actually continuing to bring out the story is also in my interest since I'm interested in the reactions of the readers. ;)

Roxie1563

Awards

Lol, ok, but I also don't know if you get it that proofreading the things myself would not work sufficiently since I wrote that stuff. Proofreading needs to be done by someone who can look at the chapter unbiased (and is ideally more well-versed in English than I am).
So in short, I can't take or give any time regarding the proofreading, that's November's thing to manage and I honestly haven't heard from her for quite a while. I guess there's much to attend to in RL for her.

That I want to keep the two-weeks-schedule is also something I wanted to do myself since it is generally not good to leave a story without an update too long.
It also isn't the case that I would have writer's block or anything, so actually continuing to bring out the story is also in my interest since I'm interested in the reactions of the readers. ;)

Lol, okay. Maybe I'm just a big worrywart about this, lol. Hey, if you like, I could do it for you? I mean, Rain's not here to help you out at the moment, and I could be the back up, so to speak.

Writer's block.. Ugh, I have that for like a month or so.. It's hard to put it in words, but you know what you want to do it.. It stinks! :( Lol, but enough complaining about it.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Wow, I wasn't expecting a yelling match between Sora and Riku. It's good to see Riku finally got through to Sora, and figured out what his real problem was. I'm still not used to Sora not being as upbeat as he always is. You could really feel the pain inside of both their hearts during this. I wonder if King Mickey will be able to help either of them with their problems or not.

As for Kairi & Namine: It was good seeing Namine reassure Kairi. Some of that converstation of strong will power reminds me of a converstation between us, Sephy. ;3 At the same time, I can tell Kairi feels guilty for leaving Namine like that but, I really do hope they talk more often to make Namine feel less lonely.

I can't wait to see what happens next! xD there's so much drama and it's fantastic!

Roxie1563

Awards

Wow, I wasn't expecting a yelling match between Sora and Riku. It's good to see Riku finally got through to Sora, and figured out what his real problem was. I'm still not used to Sora not being as upbeat as he always is. You could really feel the pain inside of both their hearts during this. I wonder if King Mickey will be able to help either of them with their problems or not.

As for Kairi & Namine: It was good seeing Namine reassure Kairi. Some of that converstation of strong will power reminds me of a converstation between us, Sephy. ;3 At the same time, I can tell Kairi feels guilty for leaving Namine like that but, I really do hope they talk more often to make Namine feel less lonely.

I can't wait to see what happens next! xD there's so much drama and it's fantastic!

.... *shifts eyes left and right, takes a deep breath and proceed to say this* I agree with you, Kat. :) Lol, I love, love, love this story so much to death that I keep reading it all over again! xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Lol, okay. Maybe I'm just a big worrywart about this, lol. Hey, if you like, I could do it for you? I mean, Rain's not here to help you out at the moment, and I could be the back up, so to speak.

Writer's block.. Ugh, I have that for like a month or so.. It's hard to put it in words, but you know what you want to do it.. It stinks! :( Lol, but enough complaining about it.

Ok then, just keep in mind then though that in most cases the delays do not come from me. ;)
That would depend in how good you are with punctuation and grammar in English, as I do certainly write with a "german mindset" in any case and therefore there tend to be quite some punctuation errors.
I've been told my English is pretty good, but of course nowhere the level at which a native speaker can do things.

I never had the problem so far. If I can't write further on the story it isn't because of lack of creativity on my part or that I don't know how it should go on, it's simply missing time.

Came quite as the surprise, huh? They're both under severe mental stress right no though, so that there would be some emotional outburst eventually was inevitable. That Sora isn't always as upbeat here I did on purpose to show that while he's still mostly clueless (typical Sora-esque), he does grasp the severity and seriousness of the situation and this combined with the inner turmoil he gets through and the weirdness regarding his heart (which is at least partially manipulated, you'll see) causes him to lose his upbeat attitude for short time periods.
The core personality is however still there as Riku notices. Sora always tries to get back to his cheerful attitude.
I try to find a balance between seriousness and typical Sora-attitude, as to not fall into the trap of portraying Sora always as a grinning, clueless ball of positivity which borders on stupidity sometimes. ;D
I guess in terms of effect/impact, you can compare Sora's "Harbinger's of torment" to the scene in DDD when he gets to experience Roxas' feelings/memories, only more often, more vague and intense than in DDD.
If King Mickey can help or not won't be addressed for a while, although the next arc (Terra's) will shed at least quite a bit light on Riku's problems and the "foreign darkness".

Naminé's words were indeed planned as a starting point to get Kairi address her own insecurity and become more level-headed to avoid rushed situations like portrayed in KH2. Now after re-reading it I see what you mean, lol, although that was not intentional since I wrote this chapter somewhere last year. ;)
Yeah, I based that on a conversation between Kairi and Axel (don't remember if that was in the manga or the novel) where they discuss "incomplete" beings like the Nobodies and Kairi feels a strong empathy for them. Going by what little we know about Kairi's character and her position as a Princess of Heart I assume that she would take the same stance as Sora, that beings with their own sense of self and individuality actually also deserve to exist as individuals.
They will surely interact more when Kairi informs her of more developments and information from the physical world, allowing Naminé to puzzle more mysteries together.

The next chapter will be quite a mix. The first part will have some more heartwarming and fluff but also be a tad hilarious for people who like confused Roxas, yet it provides also some subtle and/or more blatant hints on additional stuff regarding his status.
The second part will be Terra's exploits in Riku's heart, a prelude to what is to come in the following chapters and I tend to believe it'll be quite a sight for the readers. ^__^

.... *shifts eyes left and right, takes a deep breath and proceed to say this* I agree with you, Kat. :) Lol, I love, love, love this story so much to death that I keep reading it all over again! xD

Geee, you actually made me blush, dammit. XD

Roxie1563

Awards

Ok then, just keep in mind then though that in most cases the delays do not come from me. ;)
That would depend in how good you are with punctuation and grammar in English, as I do certainly write with a "german mindset" in any case and therefore there tend to be quite some punctuation errors.
I've been told my English is pretty good, but of course nowhere the level at which a native speaker can do things.

I never had the problem so far. If I can't write further on the story it isn't because of lack of creativity on my part or that I don't know how it should go on, it's simply missing time.

Came quite as the surprise, huh? They're both under severe mental stress right no though, so that there would be some emotional outburst eventually was inevitable. That Sora isn't always as upbeat here I did on purpose to show that while he's still mostly clueless (typical Sora-esque), he does grasp the severity and seriousness of the situation and this combined with the inner turmoil he gets through and the weirdness regarding his heart (which is at least partially manipulated, you'll see) causes him to lose his upbeat attitude for short time periods.
The core personality is however still there as Riku notices. Sora always tries to get back to his cheerful attitude.
I try to find a balance between seriousness and typical Sora-attitude, as to not fall into the trap of portraying Sora always as a grinning, clueless ball of positivity which borders on stupidity sometimes. ;D
I guess in terms of effect/impact, you can compare Sora's "Harbinger's of torment" to the scene in DDD when he gets to experience Roxas' feelings/memories, only more often, more vague and intense than in DDD.
If King Mickey can help or not won't be addressed for a while, although the next arc (Terra's) will shed at least quite a bit light on Riku's problems and the "foreign darkness".

Naminé's words were indeed planned as a starting point to get Kairi address her own insecurity and become more level-headed to avoid rushed situations like portrayed in KH2. Now after re-reading it I see what you mean, lol, although that was not intentional since I wrote this chapter somewhere last year. ;)
Yeah, I based that on a conversation between Kairi and Axel (don't remember if that was in the manga or the novel) where they discuss "incomplete" beings like the Nobodies and Kairi feels a strong empathy for them. Going by what little we know about Kairi's character and her position as a Princess of Heart I assume that she would take the same stance as Sora, that beings with their own sense of self and individuality actually also deserve to exist as individuals.
They will surely interact more when Kairi informs her of more developments and information from the physical world, allowing Naminé to puzzle more mysteries together.

The next chapter will be quite a mix. The first part will have some more heartwarming and fluff but also be a tad hilarious for people who like confused Roxas, yet it provides also some subtle and/or more blatant hints on additional stuff regarding his status.
The second part will be Terra's exploits in Riku's heart, a prelude to what is to come in the following chapters and I tend to believe it'll be quite a sight for the readers. ^__^

Geee, you actually made me blush, dammit. XD

Oh, I see.. Well, it was just a offer, really. :)

Lol, I made you blush that badly..? xD I guess I found the right button to make you blush more.. xD *giggles*

Roxie1563

Awards

Seph0812, I think it's about time we see Chapter 32, no?

I think you're right.. It has been two weeks now. I think he'll post it up soon as he sees this.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 32 posted)

Oh, I see.. Well, it was just a offer, really. :)

Lol, I made you blush that badly..? xD I guess I found the right button to make you blush more.. xD *giggles*

Depending on how many chapters I have to post up without hearing anything from Nov I might take up that offer. So I presume you have decent punctuation and grammar skills? *ggg*

Not badly, only lightly. ;P
Still counts though.

Seph0812, I think it's about time we see Chapter 32, no?
Indeed it should, shouldn't it? Due to the displacements in recent times (and RL hogging me on the weekend) this release would be in the middle of the week.
Chapter 33 won't be there until February 9 though as I want other readers like KitKat, Key Wielder or Neko to also have time to get up to date on things. ;D

I think you're right.. It has been two weeks now. I think he'll post it up soon as he sees this.
Do you two form a sort of alert-duo now, rofl?
Kinda cute...

Like I said above, the next chapter definitely won't be up before 9th February, so that starting with the coming weekend we are firmly back into the two-week schedule.
Chapter 32 I do dare to say though might be quite an appetizer, so I hope ya all enjoy this. ^__^
And yes, the chapter title has a double meaning! *ggg*.

#####

XXXII. Enter the darkness

None of Sora’s struggles to enter his own heart and the black wall preventing his entry were noticed by his other half, who was residing within the wounded heart of Ventus currently.

It was in fact the total opposite mood compared to the happenings in the physical world right now, refreshingly calm and warm.

Roxas was also way too busy with his own thoughts and his focus on the other blonde who looked exactly like him.

Ventus was snuggling down in the black coat Roxas had covered him with while he himself sat to the left of him, his legs pulled up to his chest and arms wrapped around his knees.

It’s such a relief…Ven isn’t shivering that much anymore, breath normal and not a single agonized sob hearable. His pain apparently got down to such a level that he’s capable of sleeping peacefully.
Still, I wonder why he gets better so much now and why my presence out of all seem to strengthen his healing process…

As Roxas let everything that happened since he first set foot into Ven’s heart play out again in his mind, he catched himself closely and constantly watching the other boy’s fragile looking figure.
What the heck am I doing? Eh…now I am staring at him as intense as he did earlier when I took off my black coat…

Taking one arm up, running shortly through his own golden hair Roxas faintly blushed.
Why can’t I divert my eyes from looking at Ven? Is it because of worry he might get in more several pain again? Because of our identical appearance?

Thinking hardly over and over again he tried to grasp some explanation…he didn’t understand his upset mental state at all.
Why do emotions have to be so complicated?

When his inner retelling of the whole events that happened came to the point where the other boy asked him to be friends, he felt a sudden twitch and then some warm feeling inside his own chest.
Slowly but surely, Roxas began to realize that Ventus wanting to befriend him had affected him more than he initially thought.

That has to be the understatement of the month…I’m totally tense and…and…damn! What’s up with me…?
What is…this…warmth…here?
Roxas let his right hand slide over the left side of his chest, gulping.
Still not being able to take his eyes away from the sleeping, skinny form of Ventus he let his thoughts rush wildly once more, seeking for an convincing answer with his limited knowledge.

Damnit, I really should have asked Axel more questions on all those different forms of friendship and other emotions between people…my views are still so embarassingly limited and narrow…
The young blonde remembered when he saw Ven for the first time, lying there shivering and sobbing on the broken platform, the light of his heart being even slightly more bright than Sora’s, but also a tad more vulnerable and insecure. Otherwise, it was also noticeable how similar him and Sora were.

Uh…if I would describe it graphically, Ven’s light would be like the pillow you cuddle in while Sora’s would be the blanket that covers and shields you.
Egh…what am I making for stupid comparisons here…

His eyes widened shortly after this as he finally realized what was really up with him. A state he had nearly forgot after the lonely times that laid behind him.

Yeah, that has to be it…this gentle warmness of Ven’s light attracts me…and me actually having earned true friendship with him despite all that happened makes me feel…happy.

The boy now tightened both his arms around his knees, slightly trembling in joy.
That’s really it…he, he accepted me, accepted me as a living entity and not just a tool to be used for the gains of someone. He’s a full being, too, someone who has a real heart…I…I am really so happy about this…and I can’t explain it better even to myself…

A broad, genuine smile formed on Roxas’s lips as he finally managed to take his gaze away from Ventus, his confusion remedied to a degree and content with what he had realized about himself.
As he let his eyes wander around he spotted Ven’s Keyblade lying on the stained glass floor at the exact same spot his armored apparition had dropped it.

His curiosity awakened, the former Number XIII of the Organization decided to take a closer look at his “twin’s” Keyblade.

As he tried to get up however he felt a short resistance. Flustered, Roxas looked beside himself on the right side.
He had been so much in thought and with his eyes fixated on Ven himself that he didn’t notice Ven’s right hand stretched out from under the black coat getting a hold on his right ankle in his sleep.

Roxas’s smile widened even more while he chuckled in a low tone.
What a clingy one he is…

Proceeding to gently remove the other boy’s hand from his ankle he caressed it between both his own hands a bit before putting it back under the coat.

Now standing up, the youth was surprised to hear Ventus grumble a bit disappointed in his sleep.
Suppressing more chuckling, he shortly turned and bent over his look-alike from above.
“Don’t worry, I’ll be right back.” He whispered.

What came back was a sort of an approving grunt, the wounded boy apparently having subconsciously understood Roxas’s words.

That was enough for him though..now he could go and satisfy some of his curiosity by checking out Ven’s Keyblade.
---

Not long ago, Terra had adjusted to the attack pattern of the dark tendrils, dodging them on a regular base while steadingly floating down the ocean-like abyss.

He spotted a bright light from afar, an approaching stained glass-platform with the big figure of the silver-haired teen named Riku as the dominant picture.

So it’s true, it is his heart…seems like my gambit for a safe retreat worked.
Terra gritted his teeth, he didn’t want to do this but he needed a backup plan in case Master Eraqus and he would ultimately fail in the end nonetheless.
He could not and would not allow for himself to be completely gone, not as long as Aqua and Ven are suffering!

Another dark tendril flew at him.
Dashing aside again Terra changed into a fast dive towards the stained glass platform as he heard a faint, far-away outcry of pain.
Huh? What’s that?

A noise as if somebody was strangled was heard briefly before an unsettling howl surprised Terra even more.

As he landed on the platform he had no time to waste to look at the pictures. For some reason the dark tendrils were getting weaker and about to retreat.

Deciding to go on the offensive a bit Terra raised a hand, blasting one of the tendrils with a Firaga-spell.
Terra chased after the retreating darkness over several more walkways and platforms of Riku’s heart, occassionally blasting it with an offensive spell.
He couldn’t afford diverging too much energy on this battle here as his efforts to keep Master Xehanort at bay and preventing his heart from being totally overtaken were essential to him even being able to go on. Master Eraqus wouldn’t last long against Xehanort’s now immense power alone.

The darkness now formed a wall-like form before another walkway leading away from one of Riku’s platforms.
Terra didn’t intend to back down and fearlessly rammed through the dark wall with a shoulder-tackle, causing another pained outcry from far away.

Taken further from the momentum, he stumbled forward on the new walkway, which was totally different from the ones before.
Blackened and cracked, it’s stained glass had colors of black, dark red and an unsettling blue.

Dark feelings and negative emotions crashed down on him as Terra recognized the total change of atmosphere.
Uh…what a horrible feeling…this, this can’t be Riku’s heart anymore.

Pressing on, Terra reached a blackened, totally shattered awakening platform.
As he looked around, a cold feeling ran down his spine as he spotted the only bright thing around here.
Horrified, he took two steps back as he recognized the eerie white glowing symbol on the floor.
N…No, it can’t be…the Unversed-symbol?

Suddenly, a cold, mocking sounding voice echoed through the air, ridden with spite and pain.

“Pfft…now look who we have there. Out of all idiots it has be you to invade here…it’s a wonder how you can be even still around in some form!”

Hearing that voice Terra realized in absolute terror to whom it belonged.
It’s…it’s him, how’s that possible?
“You! It can’t be…I feel exactly the same, how are you even able to be around?”

A faint, dim cone of light shined down from above in the middle of the platform a moment later as a swirl of darkness erupted from the ground, revealing a big black leather-armchair with a young boy in a black and red-colored bodysuit sitting in it.

Vanitas…! No…how…
Terra’s terrified mood intensified as in his head images of Aqua and Ven appeared…and another one of Riku…
As he shortly shook his head before he focused on the dark heart before him again, Terra noticed the dark boy’s actual shape.
While Vanitas was slouched in the armchair almost relaxed, both arms resting on the armrests, his dark bodysuit was heavily damaged and ripped in several places, revealing parts of the boy’s oddly pale skin and a whole load of bruises, some of them apparently bleeding.

He was still wearing his trademark mask, but the thing was heavily damaged as well, a big chunk of it shattered on the right side, revealing some strands of spiky, jet-black hair and a very unsettling right eye in a golden color.
Just…just like Xehanort’s…ghhh.

Terra hissed in an angry tone, finally deciding to divert a bit more energy to this situation nonetheless.
He stepped forward two more steps and summoned the memory of Earthshaker, the blade manifesting in his right hand.
With another angry snarl Terra pointed the Earthshaker at Vanitas, the tip of the blade at the exact same height as the boy’s chest.
“What the hell are you doing here? Why are you even still alive? What have you done to Ven, you bastard?” He yelled.

The boy in the armchair completely ignored Terra’s outburst, now cackling gleefully.
“Ah…Ahahaha. That’s splendid…simply splendid. The fact that you still exist somehow can only mean that the old fart somehow failed to fully archieve his goal. Haha.”

The young man had to forcefully restrain his anger to prevent a situation like in the Purification Facility of Radiant Garden where he mauled Braig. It took Terra very much willpower to not hit Vanitas with an energy blast from his Keyblade right away..

“Answer me, you little piece of shit!!!” He instead barked at the pure heart of darkness, shaken by his own barely restrained anger.

#####

Roxie1563

Awards

O_O Vanitas's back?! What? How?!

So, it seemed that it was Terra's plan to be inside Riku's heart somehow.. Huh, that is really interesting!

Lol at Ven for grabbing Roxas's ankle.. :3 That's really cute.

So, two weeks until Chapter 33, huh? I'm already ready for it! xD But I'll be patient. I hope Nov can make it to update the spelling corrective.

Zero Dozer

Uh, what is VANITAS doing at Riku's heart?

I mean, I remember Ventus obliterating him (along with his own heart). Come on, how in Earth or Hell could this guy have SURVIVED such a titanical fight and even FOUND A WAY INTO ANOTHER ONE'S HEART?

In DDD, for what I could know, Master Xehanort surely intends to use Vanitas as one of the Thirteen Dark Hearts. Still, aside Riku being Sora's best friend (considering that Ven had made contact with Sora and thus Vanitas, too), what is the connection between Vanitas and Riku?

Well, the story had yet taken another interesting twist. Oh, and I am looking forward to see Roxas learning to use the Wayward Wind.

Let me get my hands on a 3DS and I will make some enhancement on Dream Drop Distance's story based on some of your material, Seph.

Well, two weeks on to Chapter 33.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Roxas is just so adorable in this chapter! <3 I wonder what he'll do with Ventus keyblade? It's was fun watching Roxas realize what his feelings were when it came to Ven. It's kind of sad that he didn't feel that way before but, I'm glad he was able to make a friend with no strings attached.

Are the black tendrils attacking Terra, Master Xehanort's doing, Sephy? :3 Also, I wonder who it is crying out in pain, inside of Riku's heart.

“Ah…Ahahaha. That’s splendid…simply splendid. The fact that you still exist somehow can only mean that the old fart somehow failed to fully achieve his goal. Haha.”
Lastly, I'm curious what Vanitas meant by this? ^

Another great chapter, Sephy. I look forward to seeing what's next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back