• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- cover on latest Famitsu Weekly

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

*Updated with another photo of the scan, now without the thumb!

Phew! So much happening on the eve of the release of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX. The game is featured on the latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, officially releasing March 14th and, thanks to ArikaMiz, we have an image of the magazine cover!

It seems to be a CG render of the original cover-art of KINGDOM HEARTS, added with Roxas, Axel, Xion and NaminéTake a look below:

Thanks to forum member Rokudamia2 for the find, we now have another picture of the front page, now without the thumb covering poor Naminé's face.

Megavoltage

Awards
Shouldn't Namine be in this picture? She was pretty important and... ohhh, covered by the thumb.
I like it!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That looks...incredible.
The cover scene of the original KH extended with additional characters.

I wonder if the same "scene" will be used again in the second HD Collection adding Terra, Aqua and Ventus as well, again expanding it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
famitsucover-march14-withoutthumb.jpg

I also like how everyone except Riku is looking into the same direction, even the four newcomers.
(And I dig Naminé's hair. ^__^)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
WHAT A THROWBACK TO KINGDOM HEARTS! The GC renders look beautiful to recreate Kingdom Hearts original cover art ;A; So many feels at once

WaveK89

It would be awesome if I had a large poster of that artwork in my room. Very nice!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Riku's face looks kind of odd though imo. It's like someone tried to make him look slightly more realistic while everyone else is sort of doll like. Other than that I like this cover. owo

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I need this for my life to be complete. Oh my gosh! I can't even- word's don't.... This is absolutely gorgeous!

And suddenly, I'm very much wishing they'd release a KH movie in theaters, just so I could see a huge image of this in my local theater. Hahaha. With this look as the selling point, I'd go see the film on day one. LOL.

So, I'm assuming this might be the art you unlock for completing all three games, maybe? Either way, this is glorious, and I can't wait to see it in beautiful high quality. Somehow, taking some of the newer characters, and updating this original KHI image with them, is pure magic. It's like it reminds me they are all from KH, which is nice, as I know a lot of people were starting to feel the games didn't feel that way anymore.

All the magic and feels! Just all of them! And I pray this means Nomura will use an equally cool artwork for II.5 Remix, but more importantly KHIII! Yeah. Do wonderful artwork, Nomura. Just do all of that, and be awesome. Yeah...

For some reason, I do feel like BbS is going to have this background, but with VTA, Mickey, Xehanort, etc. Maybe it'll be one of those images where you press two together to get the full picture? That'd be so cool! And it would fit what's coming in KHIII. Who knows? Maybe this'll even be KHIII's image. All I can say is, I'm even more psyched now, and these next games better hurry up. LOL.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Riku's face looks kind of odd though imo. It's like someone tried to make him look slightly more realistic while everyone else is sort of doll like. Other than that I like this cover. owo
It's his face... something is wrong with it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Looks like the style they introduced in KH3D for the CG could be their new thing. I really like how this looks ;A; I need a HD version of this image.

Square Enix you better plan on releasing an art book full of Nomura (and Gen Kobayashi because of KH3D) artwork and these CG artworks and POSTERS.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So, I came back to look at this (because I was missing perfection in my line of vision, of course), and what was my first thought? "Nami, why you so freakin' beautiful?" Seriously. Her pale features make her stand out beautifully against the black background. I also love how Xion's cloak seems to be moving about Naminé. It's like Nomura was "secretly putting Naminé in an Organization cloak", or something. At least, that's what I first thought when I saw this.

Okay, I'm done ranting now. Bye. (Even if I am so glad Nomura gave a lot of fans their wish, via the Nami-cloak-thing). LOL.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
omg this is gorgeous ;A;

Fingers crossed that this will be released in HQ

Gram

Banned
Awards
Freakin love it! The way the added characters is just awesome. A part of me wishes thats the new boxart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back