• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Destati

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin326

I appologize for taking so long with this chapter, especially when it's the finale of the battle with Aloz. however, i wanted to take my time on this one. it doesnt help that we're starting Senior Projects, and have to do most of it at home. still, it is finally done, and the final battle has ended.

now, there are only one or two more parts to Destati.

ENDGAME
Part 6
Of Darkness and Light​

Keyblades locked, and Sora was shoved backward, falling onto his back from Aloz’s newfound strength.

What was that? He’s gotten stronger!

Sora rolled away just as Aloz’s follow up attack smashed the ground. If Sora had hesitated a second longer, he would have been cleaved neatly in half. Sora continued rolling, hoping to put some distance between himself and the Morph. When he decided he was far enough, Sora vaulted to his feet, quickly turning his gaze to his foe.

With the exception of raising his Keyblade off the ground and turning towards Sora, Aloz had made no move to attack Sora. He had just stood there, watching, while Sora rolled to the edge of the burning ring of fire.

“Come, Sora,” Aloz called from halfway across the room, “and face me!” But Aloz wouldn’t wait for an answer. He took his Keyblade in both hands and charged toward the Keyblade Master, his Keyblade positioned for a downward slash that would surely spell the end for Sora if he didn’t avoid it. Knowing full well he wouldn’t be able to block or parry the strike with Aloz’s additional strength, Sora chose to dodge it, rolling out of the way just before the murderous blade slashed through the air where Sora’s head had been moments before.

Aloz had seen Sora begin the roll, and changed the angle of his blade slightly just before initiating his cut. Using the momentum of his charge, Aloz bent down low as his sword plunged downward and swirled on his right heel. The blade hit the ground at an angle, and bounced up slightly. Carried by Aloz’s spin, the blade arched around Aloz in a circle, barely missing Sora as it cut its path of death at the same level as Sora’s head.

Sora had to think fast. The whirlwind maneuver Aloz had just performed, as potent as it was, would leave Aloz off balance and off guar, for a second or two. It was at that moment, Sora decided, he would have to strike, if he was to have any chance of surviving this fight.

Sora seized the opportunity. He pushed himself to his feet and whirled around. He caught Aloz’s sword as it completed its spin with Keyblade, between the blade itself and the protrusion near the tip that gave it its key shape. Using this leverage, Sora forced the Keyblade from Aloz’s hand, and then quickly thrust the Keyblade at Aloz’s shoulder…

…where it immediately bounced off. Aloz smiled and smashed his elbow into Sora’s face, disorientating him long enough for Aloz to step out of range.

“A clever tactic,” Aloz admitted with a smug smile, “but you forget my armor.”

It didn’t make sense. Realistically, there should be a gap in the plates at the shoulder area, to allow movement of the arms. Therefore, it should have been unprotected. Even if the armor was created by Aloz’s shapeshifting abilities, it was still subject to real world limitations. And yet the Keyblade had bounced off harmlessly.

“I have absorbed so much Quintessence,” Aloz explained, “that the armor I wear is literally fused to my skin. Even though it may look like it, there is no true gap in my armor, save one.” Aloz pointed to his chest area, right where his heart would be. There was a jagged ‘scar’ about 3 inches long in the chest armor, glowing with a white light.

“I still haven’t taken the time to heal that wound,” Aloz said coldly, “After that oh-so-noble move by dear old Xando.”

Suddenly, Kairi’s voice echoed through Sora’s head. “You pushed me out of the way,” Kairi explained, “then planned to take the full force of the blast. At the last minute, a sword came flying out of nowhere and hit Aloz, impaling him through the chest. At the same time, he came and jumped in front of you, taking the bulk of the blast.” The scar on Aloz’s chest was from that wound that Xando had inflicted.

Aloz charged at Sora again, locking their blades together as he cut. Aloz stepped back and aimed a horizontal slice right for Sora’s head. Sora ducked under the swipe and kicked Aloz’s feet out from under him. Sora jumped to his feet and thrust his Keyblade forward, and Aloz brought his own Keyblade to block the attack. Aloz pushed his Keyblade forward with a sudden surge of strength, throwing Sora off balance long enough for Aloz to stand up.

“Why do you insist on keeping the darkness alive?” Aloz hissed, “Isn’t the goal of the Keyblade Wielders to destroy the darkness? I want the same thing. We’re both the same, Sora!”

“No, we’re not! Because you’re working to DESTROY everything,” Sora replied, “You’re trying to destroy Kingdom Hearts, and light itself, just to end the darkness. And we’re trying to preserve the light while protecting it from the darkness.”

Aloz laughed while blocking Sora’s diagonal slash. “Surely you must know, there isn’t always a way to save everyone. Sometimes you must choose between two things, both important to you, and decide with one is more important. And back there, at Radiant Garden, you chose to save Kairi and let yourself, and therefore all the worlds, perish! You would choose one girl over the universe!”

Sora wanted to argue, to tell Aloz that it wasn’t true. But he couldn’t, because he knew it was fact. Aloz had even forced him the choice, and he had done just as Aloz said. He chose one person over the universe.

“That is the weakness of the heart,” Aloz continued, “It clouds your reasoning with emotions, making you choose poorly and then suffer the consequences. Because of your choice, Xando died.”

Aloz noted the effect this had on Sora and continued. “And now you are unsure. My simply stating fact aloud has you hesitant and confused. You wonder if you had chosen right. And you will never be able to truly find the answer.”

For one moment, Sora looked down in sadness. When he raised his head and stared into Aloz’s eyes again, they were filled determination and pity.

“And you don’t remember any ounce of joy you may have ever known!” Sora said, “You’re willing to discard everything so easily because you don’t know what it’s like to live. Not to just exist, but really live and be happy. That, Aloz, is the weakness of your heart.”

Aloz smiled, entertained by the speech but unfazed by the words. “And you think my idea is wrong just because you’re a follower of light. Because you have the Keyblade, you think that your ideals should be embraced by everyone in the universe. Whenever someone receives a Keyblade, it is always followed by an undying sense of self-righteousness. Tell me, Sora, if you found a way to save a world, but it meant killing everyone in a village, what would you do?”

Sora didn’t know how to answer. In his heart he knew he could never kill an entire village, but in Aloz’s example, doing so would cost the lives of an entire planet.

Aloz saw Sora’s discomfort and laughed. “There’s no easy answer, is there? Whenever I do something like destroy a village, you label it as genocide instantly. But when you’re forced to kill everyone in a village, your kind would simply call it a necessary loss. And you won’t think twice about it because you wield the Keyblade, and therefore you simply MUST be doing the right thing.”

Aloz shook his head in mock pity. “All you Keyblade Wielders have left is your self-righteousness.”

Sora’s grip on his Keyblade tightened. “Maybe you’re right,” he said, “Maybe the power does go to your head eventually, I just don’t know. But I know this: you’re trying to destroy everything in the universe, and that’s precious to me. So I will do what I believe is right, and that means stopping you!”

Aloz laughed. “And I will do what I think is right, Sora. And thus we have conflict!”

Aloz took his Keyblade in both hands and charged toward Sora once again. This time, however, Sora was ready, and he stood his ground. When he decided Aloz was close enough, Sora took his Keyblade in both hands and leapt into the air. His Keyblade smashed into Aloz’s and Sora, with the momentum of his jump and gravity behind him, managed to force Aloz back a step.

He didn’t let up. Sora continued to push his Keyblade into Aloz’s, keeping the Morph off balance. Finally, Aloz disengaged and jumped back. However, the odds were still in Aloz’s favor. The Morph had the advantages of height and reach, and Sora was tiring fast.

Aloz charged forward again, this time at a slower, more deliberate pace. Then, with lightning speed, he lashed his Keyblade out, Sora just barely bringing his Keyblade up in time to block it. Aloz lashed again and again, giving Sora no room for a countermaneuver. Then Aloz lashed an attack to his left, and Sora brought his Keyblade up to his right to block it. But the movement was a feint; Aloz changed the angle of his strike quickly, bringing his sword around his right.

Sora had no time to react. As he brought his sword up to parry the supposed attack from his right, his left side was completely exposed. He managed to jump back before his right arm was cut off, but the Keyblade still cut deeply into his arm. Sora gasped in pain and grabbed his right arm. He could feel something was wrong with his arm; it seemed to respond slower than normal.

The truth dawned on him suddenly. He was no expert in the human body, but he knew enough to tell what had happened. The cut was deep and on the inside of his right arm. Sora swung his Keyblade experimentally a few times, noticing that the swings seemed to be heavier and slower than normal.

Aloz watched Sora from a distance, smiling. “The tendons are slashed,” Aloz noted, “I doubt you may ever be able to effectively wield a sword in that hand.”

Though he loathed admitting it, Aloz was right. His right arm was stiff and his swings clumsy. But he wouldn’t let it end here, not because of a simple wound. No, he would keep fighting as long as there was breath in him. Sora switched the Keyblade over to his left hand, glaring at Aloz.

“This isn’t over yet!” Sora said.

“Good,” Aloz said, “You persevere even if the odds are against you. Even though you are robbed your stronger arm, you continue to fight with a blind determination. I like that!”

Aloz charged forward with his Keyblade in both hands again. Sora brought up his Keyblade to guard against the attack, and his knees nearly buckled under the strength of the attack. Sora backed away quickly, hoping to put some distance between himself and the Morph.

Aloz had enough advantages in this battle as it was, chief among them height, reach, and physical power. Now Sora had the added disadvantage of an injured, possibly crippled, dominate hand. But Sora refused to give up hope. There just had to be something he could do to win this. There was always something.

Aloz smiled at Sora’s desperate look as he racked his brain to find something, anything, to turn the tables on the Morph. He encroached upon Sora slowly and carefully; after all, a cornered animal was much more dangerous than anything else, because it had nothing left to lose.

Sora jabbed and slashed, hoping beyond hope to someone break through Aloz’s defense. But the Morph easily parried every move Sora made, though he curiously never made any attempt to counterattack, despite the openings in Sora’s defense. But Sora wasn’t complaining there. He continued to attack, faking to the left and heading right, then suddenly switching back to left. Nothing seemed to work, Aloz deflected all the attacks with ease.

“I had hoped for more,” Aloz said, disappointed, “I had hoped for more of a challenge from the Keyblade Master.” Aloz shook his head and leaped backward, landing on the other edge of the ring of fire. “So be it, I grow tired of this. Prepare yourself, Sora! Your body, your heart, your soul, your whole existence… they’re all going to disappear!” Aloz took his Keyblade in both hands and charged full speed for Sora.

Time seemed to slow for him. He could see Aloz coming closer and closer. Sora took his own Keyblade in both hands, readying himself for the charge. As he did so, the memory of his friends, both living and dead, appeared in Sora’s heart. Riku, Kairi, Xando, Aqua, Axel, Terra, Ansem, and all the others.

Aloz came closer and closer, raising his Keyblade for a powerful and lethal slice.

Sora thought of the worlds. Agrabah, Wonderland, Traverse Town, Radiant Garden, Port Royal, the Pride Lands, and the many other wondrous places he had visited on his journeys.

Aloz was halfway there now. It was only a matter of seconds before they clashed.

Sora thought of Kingdom Hearts. The truly amazing place with many diverse lands and cultures. That place that held light and dark in perfect balance.

Aloz was nearly on top of Sora. In only seconds, they would collide.

Sora knew now that it was time for him to carry out his destiny. The young hero jumped into the air with Keyblade in both hands, slamming it down on top of Aloz’s Keyblade. Both forces stopped dead, and the two began pushing each other through their Keyblades, each hoping to knock the other down to strike the final blow.

Aloz had the advantage of sheer physical strength on his side, but Sora had something more. The memories of his friends and all the places he had visited gave Sora a power to be reckoned with, a power that not even Aloz the Dark could equal. The screaming of Sora’s heart overpowered the emptiness inside Aloz the Dark, and the Morph flew backwards and hit the ground hard, bruised and battered, but not beaten.

Quick to take advantage of the situation, Sora ran towards Aloz and jumped into the air. He spun his Keyblade around so the tip faced downward and landed right on top of Aloz, his Keyblade impaling the Morph through the crack in his armor. Sora quickly jumped back, putting some distance between himself and the Morph, just in case.

Aloz did not scream, he didn’t even flinch when the Keyblade impaled him. His reaction was much more disturbing: he laughed. As he forced himself to his feet, Aloz the Dark laughed manically. He pulled the Keyblade from his chest and threw it to the ground. The Keyblade slid along the ground, coming to a stop at Sora’s feet.

“Well played… Keyblade Master,” Aloz called once he ceased laughing, “It seems I am beaten. You have won, Sora. Finally… this game is over.” It was strange, Aloz didn’t sound angry at his defeat. More like… relieved. Aloz fell to one knee, and the flames that had surrounded them both died out.

Aqua, Kairi, and Riku moved up to congratulate Sora, and the young hero was dismayed to see the shape they were all in. Kairi had tied her Keyblade to her broken leg with a piece of her shirt sleeve. Riku was limping badly, his left arm in a makeshift sling using his sleeve. Aqua moved in slowly as well, unable to move without pain due to her broken kneecap. They had all suffered greatly, but at least it was over.

“We did it,” Sora breathed when they had reached him, though he kept a wary eye on Aloz, just in case.

Aqua nodded, “It was a long and hard battle, with many losses, but at long last it is over.”

“Let’s go back,” Kairi said, “I’ve had enough adventuring for one millennium.”

“Riku nodded in agreement. “We need to rest.” Riku looked down to his severed hamstring and then to Sora’s right arm. “I guess you and I wont be sparring for a long time, if ever again.”

Sora nodded sadly. “I guess not. Anyway, let’s go.”

They were about to leave when a new voice entered, a voice they did not think they would ever hear again.

“I need to thank you for going through all that trouble to clear my path. Now there is no one who can keep me from my right!”

Master Xehanort was still alive. He was battered and broken from the fall, but still able to move, still able to fight.

“And here’s my thank you present, Sora!” Xehanort said, holding up his hand. “A one way ticket to oblivion!”
Xehanort pointed his finger at Sora, and a blast of darkness came out of it. It was a sharp bolt of energy, shaped like a spear. Sora was weak and exhausted from the fight with Aloz, and was not able to react in time.

Riku was. Without thinking, he pushed Sora and Kairi out of the way, taking the blunt of the blast himself. The blast seemed to lift him off his feet, and he hung there, suspended, for a second that seemed to last a lifetime, as the spear smashed into him and through his back, continuing on into the wall beyond. Finally, the lance dissipated, and Riku fell to the ground, dying.

Sora couldn’t believe his eyes. First Xando and now Riku. Both had saved him from death, at the cost of their own lives.

“Riku!” Sora yelled, taking his dying best friend in his arms.

Aloz saw what happened. With a scream of rage, he rose to his feet and charged toward Xehanort. The master of darkness shrugged him off, unafraid of the severely weakened Morph. He held out his hand and unleashed a blast of lightning strong enough to kill a man. Aloz took the electricity full force, and yet continued stalking towards Xehanort. Xehanort increased the power, and Aloz’s very bones seemed to glow with the electricity flowing through them. But the Morph did not care. He saw only Xehanort.

Aloz was upon the master in seconds, bringing his hands up and around Xehanort’s neck. Fearing for his life, Xehanort grabbed Aloz’s arms and surged all the electricity he could muster into the Morph. But Aloz was resolute. He did not loosen his grip.

“The game is over!” Aloz seethed in a voice as cold as death, “You had not the right to interfere further!” Aloz tightened his muscles, and slowly rotated his hands. Xehanort’s eyes widened and began to utter cry, but it was quickly silenced by the snapping of his own neck.

Aloz fell to his knees again, his strengths sapped completely. He turned to Sora and locked eyes with the Keyblade master. “Do not think it ends here,” Aloz warned him, “The history of light and darkness will forevermore be written in blood!”

And with that, Aloz’s body began to disintegrate. The Morph closed his eyes and smiled, as if finally being released from his torment. Seconds later, he was gone.

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Sweet Jesus Muffins of Holy Hell!!! That was totally insane!!! Riku better not be dead; I will cry if he does die. I know it had been a long time since you had updated, but it was totally worth the wait. Anyway, great chapter, and I look forward to the rest. Oh, and once again, please do not let Riku die; I really will cry.

Merlin326

Sweet Jesus Muffins of Holy Hell!!! That was totally insane!!! Riku better not be dead; I will cry if he does die. I know it had been a long time since you had updated, but it was totally worth the wait. Anyway, great chapter, and I look forward to the rest. Oh, and once again, please do not let Riku die; I really will cry.

well, he did get impaled by a spear of darkness... and no one has any magic left for healing...

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
Sweet Jesus Muffins of Holy Hell!!!

Yeeeah... I know I don't comment here, but I still read this fanfic (and comments).
Could you please not say that, please?
I find it offensive.
Sorry if I sound annoying or anything.

Haku

<3
Looks like I've been missing out on a lot of action and major storyline details which I just now got caught up on, so far things look to be going in the right direction with ideas stringing together great work.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
@ Rauxlen: I apoligize for offending you. I do not mean to offend anyone, but, since my statement does offend you, I will not say it anymore.

@ Merlin326: I understand that Riku was impaled by a spare of darkness and no one has any magic to heal him, but I do hope you find some way to keep him alive. I do not think it will be the same without Riku.

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
@ Rauxlen: I apoligize for offending you. I do not mean to offend anyone, but, since my statement does offend you, I will not say it anymore.

@ Merlin326: I understand that Riku was impaled by a spare of darkness and no one has any magic to heal him, but I do hope you find some way to keep him alive. I do not think it will be the same without Riku.

Yeah, I'd be sad if Riku died.
But, I don't really know about his chances of survival, because of the whole "nobody has any magic to heal him" thing.

Lanydx

WOW! great chapter man u never stop to amaze me. Emo fag dying? No way I WAS GOING TO DO THAT! I kid but Xadio,Axel,and now Riku ?Who the hell do u think u are J.K.Rolling? jk
More reason for me to work harder. End it with bang but for Emo boy fans sake let him live.

Lanydx nomber 15 of Orgaizan XIII

Lanydx

I really have no ill will for Riku one of my fav characters but Sora is better. Thats just me.

Merlin326

Lanydx, please dont double post. if you want to add a second comment in, use the edit button.

well, here is the moment you all have been waiting (or dreading, lol) for. the end of Kingdom Hearts: Destati. we've got some loose ends and unsolved mysteries ready for the second installation (which will be a new thread, for all those who are wondering), and i have much of the story already planned out (whereas with this one, many things were made up on the fly and recorded for later).

however, this is not the final chapter. I have a little... surprise for you all.

but that is for another time. for now, enjoy the conclusion to Destati.

ENDGAME
Epilogue
Aftermath​

“Riku… please don’t die on us!” Kairi shouted. She was standing beside her fallen friend, unable to sit or kneel with a broken leg, wishing she could do something. But none of them had a drop of magic left after their fight with Aloz the Dark. There was nothing any of them could do to save him.

“Riku…” Sora breathed, unable to find his voice, “Don’t… don’t die. Please…”

Despite the pain, Riku managed to form a smile. His eyes were unfocused and their light had all but extinguished. “Die?” he asked, “Sora… that’s the last thing… I’ll ever do…” Riku turned towards Kairi, his eyes growing dim. “Kairi… take care of this… bonehead for me, will you?”

Kairi nodded forlornly. Riku turned back to Sora, and lifted his hand to grasp Sora’s own. “King’s to you… mate. Look after her… Sora… since I can’t do it anymore…”

“Riku, don’t talk like that!” Sora said back, forcing his tears, “It can’t end like this! It just can’t. We’ll get help. We’ll…”

Riku interrupted him with a chuckle. “There’s a reason …why we’re born with brains in our heads… Sora… not rocks. There is no way… it is my time…” Riku closed his eyes and sighed. “Now comes for the greatest adventure of all…” And then Riku inhaled one last time and exhaled one last time. Then his hand went limp in Sora’s and his chest failed to rise again. The Keyblade he had wielded for so long disintegrated. The Keyblade Wielder of Twilight was no more.

Sora lowered his head, no longer hiding away his tears. Behind him, Kairi stood with her face in her hands, and Aqua lowered her head in respect for the fallen hero.

Then came the sound. It was a strange, unsettling sound. It sounded like a combination of the whistling of a zephyr and a pulse of a heartbeat. The source was a strange, orange glowing sphere floating in the air. An outline began to appear around the stone. It was barely noticeable at first, but slowly became solider. Sora, Kairi and Aqua let out a gasp.

It was the ghost of Aloz the Dark.

He still wore that same black suit, with the same jet black hair and the same pale skin. And the same golden eyes. But something was different about him, something subtle, something almost unnoticeable. It was in his eyes. Gone was the madness they had come familiar with. In its place was something else. Was it sadness? Regret? No, it was something else. It was a combination of sanity and… resignation.

Finally, Sora found his voice. “You…”

Aloz spoke, but not with his mouth. Instead, the words echoed off the walls of the room and their minds. Aloz pointed to the sphere hovering inside his chest.

It’s this stone, this damned rock! So long as this sphere exists, I shall live on. And eventually, I shall lose myself forever to this accursed rock. I will cease to exist as myself, and only as this gem, this Cruxis Crystal.

“That’s…” Kairi began, but couldn’t find the words to continue. Not even Aloz deserved that kind of punishment. It was worse than death itself, existing only as a lifeless being.

Aloz continued, his voice filled with resignation.

I’m tired of playing your game of good and evil. Hurry up and destroy the crystal. If you don’t, the crystal will seek to absorb Riku’s life force to sustain itself.

Sora didn’t know what to do. On one hand, Aloz was there, threatening to steal Riku’s life force, and yet… who was the real enemy, Aloz or the crystal?

Do it now! Aloz seemed to shout, and nearly collapsed. His image grew dimmer, and his voice was fainter. Before I… too… am no longer myself…

Aqua gasped suddenly. She had seen Aloz’s face somewhere before. But that had been years ago, it couldn’t be possible. And yet…

“Sora,” she said, to the surprise of everyone else, “please, help him. Let him die while he’s still himself.”

Sora looked at the young woman, into her tortured eyes. He nodded in understanding. “Alright.” Sora took his Keyblade in hand and began walking towards the resigned Aloz. As he walked, he could here Aloz speak his last words with closed eyes.

Farewell, my shadow. You who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow.

Sora stood directly in front of the Morph’s ghostly form now, raising his Keyblade to strike the stone.

I wanted to destroy the darkness, so I don’t regret my choice. I would make the same choice all over again.

Sora brought his Keyblade down, striking right through the intangible form of Aloz the Dark and slicing through the crystal.

I will continue to choose this path!

The Cruxis Crystal shattered, and the ghost of Aloz disappeared. Sora looked down and stared at the dull orange pieces that had once made up the sphere that trapped Aloz the Dark. He didn’t understand how Aloz came trapped in the sphere, or why it threatened to destroy Aloz’s very spirit. He resigned to the fact that he may never know those answers, and sighed.

“Goodbye………Aloz.”

Back by Riku’s body, Aqua whispered something slightly different. It was still a farewell to the Morph, but using a different name. His true name, his true identity.

“It seems I was too late.”

All eyes turned toward the entrance. Standing there, his face hidden under his hood and his body concealed by his cloak, was the Question. Q lowered his head, “I’m sorry I couldn’t be here sooner. I’m sorry I couldn’t have saved him.”

Q slowly walked forward towards them, casually looking at the corpse of Xehanort and the shattered shards on the ground that was all that remained of Aloz the Dark. Q paused, studying the shards for a moment.

“He wanted this the entire time,” Question surmised, staring at the crystal pieces that was all there was left of Aloz the Dark, “all this time, all he ever wanted… was death.”

“He… wanted to die?” Kairi asked, understandably confused.

Question nodded. “Morphs lead wretched lives, even a special case like Aloz. The crystals used to give them life, the Cruxis Crystals, slowly absorb their very being like a plague. They feed on Quintessence to appease the crystal, and keep it from eating their own souls.”

Question paused for a moment, letting the information sink in. Deciding to change the subject, Q said, “We should go, everyone is waiting. We should return… and give a proper burial to those who deserve it.”

Sora nodded, and carried the dead body of his friend in his arms. They walked out of the castle and back to Radiant Garden.
------------------
The history of light and darkness will forevermore be written in blood!

That was what Aloz had said before his physical body died. Sora couldn’t help but feel that it was a warning. A warning of some dark threat yet hiding in the shadows.

They had been back at Radiant Garden for a week. They had buried Riku and all the others that died behind the castle, Riku and Xando both being given special ceremonies because of their valor and self sacrifice. Many figures of importance were there, including Key Mickey, Aqua, Ansem, Donald, Goofy, Queen Minney, and others. Sora had shown up for them, of course, but his mind was elsewhere.

Now he was standing atop a cliff, ironically the same one Xando often sat on in the guise of Phantasm, and stared at the rising moon. Several things were crossing his mind. Aloz’s last words, Riku’s sacrifice, and most importantly what the future would hold. He was done being the hero, that was certain. Sora found that he just didn’t have the heart for it anymore. It wasn’t the same without Riku.

“He used to stand here while staring at the moon, thinking as you are.”

Sora turned to face the voice. It was Question. That morning he had told them that he would be leaving that night, returning to his own world.

“Xando, I mean,” Q explained, “he would stand here and think, not only about what to do next, but to reminisce about the past.”

“Xando’s dead,” Sora said sadly, “so is Riku. Neither of them are coming back…they’ve both left us.”

Q gave a sad chuckle. “You think the dead we love ever truly leave us? You think that we don't recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble?”

Sora didn’t know how to reply, mostly because he was right. Q noted his hesitance and continued. “Xando had a little present I gave to him, something that helped remind him that the dead never truly leave us. Before he died, he gave it back to me, and I now give it to you.”

Question took a small black pendent with a green gem in the center from his robe and placed it in Sora’s hand. “It is the Galator, and it holds a very special power. But to function, it must be fed the greatest power in the universe.”

“What’s that?” Sora asked, holding the pendent up.

“Love. Let your memories of your friend flow through you and the Galator. Let your love fuel its fires, and you may be pleasantly surprised.”

Though he had no idea what Q was talking about, Sora nodded his head and closed his eyes. He focused on the many memories of Riku he had. All the races they had held, all the sparing matches he had lost, all the times they had dreamed of adventure.

Sora focused on his memories of Xando. How the young man had saved him from Xehanort, how he had trained them all in combat and beat them mercilessly at the same time.

Even with his eyes closed, Sora saw something. It was a blinding green light, emitting from a small bead sized gem in the Galator. The light continued to intensify until Sora was no longer able to look at it, and shielded his eyes. When he opened them, it was a breathtaking sight.

Three spectral figures stood before him now. Three ghostly forms emitting the same green light that shown from the Galator. The forms became more distinct, until Sora was able to make out each one.

“The Galator allows us to see our dearest friends, no matter the distance between us and them,’ Questioned explained, “not event the boundaries of death can stop its powers.”

One was a girl, about 8 years old in appearance. She was hiding behind the legs of a tall, 20 year old man, his jet black hair and crimson eyes staring at Sora with a smile on his face. The final figure was equally familiar, with silver hair and light blue eyes.

“Riku…” Sora gasped, “Xando…”

Riku smiled and nodded his head. Xando gave a mock sigh of defeat, as if he had been trying to keep things a secret. The girl also smiled, and though Sora didn’t know her name, she felt familiar somehow.

Question turned and began to walk away, leaving Sora to enjoy his reunion in private. Only when he was sure he was out of sight did a frown appear on his face. Aloz was stopped, true enough, but he knew this was just the beginning. Prometheus and Pandora’s involvement gave little doubt of that. Something big was brewing, something bad.
--------------
From his private chambers in the deepest level of a castle existing outside of reality, The Elder sensed it as well. The darkness was gathering. Even with the defeat of Xehanort and Aloz the Dark, the dark force was strong. There was a powerful force gathering, a power that was beyond human comprehension. If it was allowed to regain its full potential, then all would be doomed.

Not even Kingdom Hearts could stop it.

The Elder furrowed his brow, his eyes narrowed to the point where they were just slits. He felt the coming of the darkness, the return of the Great Old One, the Elder Evil.

20 years, The Elder estimated. 2 decades. Near a quarter of a century. That was how much time they had to prepare. That was how much time they had to set the stage before it would happen.

In 20 years, the black wind would begin to blow.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
A fair conclusion, Merlin.

And now, I eagerly await a sequel to this tale.

Merlin326

A fair conclusion, Merlin.

And now, I eagerly await a sequel to this tale.

you wont have too long to wait, Blaze. I've already gotten an idea for how it begins. however, i will be taking a short break from writing fanfiction for a while, if only to give my writing batteries time to recharge. I do, however, have a special something planned for this thread in about ten days time, or so.

a very special occasion deserves a special present...

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Merlin326

Well, i have an announcement to make:

Destati 2 is cancled!!

lol, no. no it isnt. that was a bad joke. my appologies.

okay, enough random bad jokes. now to get serious. first of all, does anyone know what today is? make a guess before continuing below...

on this day, one year ago, I posted the first chapter of Kingdom Hearts: Destati. this story is now 1 year old.

so, in celebration of that, i have finished merging together all the chapter of Destati into one document, and even threw in a few bonus features (i shall refuse to name these here). anyone who wants one need only PM me with their email address and say that they want one.

the files are in a zipped document. if you do not know how to open a zipped document, let me know and i will tell you how to open them.

well, that's my present to you guys for this special occasion (to me at least). until Destati 2 comes around...

your humble servant,
Merlin326

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
The ending is good, although I still wished that you could've spared Riku, haha. After all, I've roleplayed him three times in the same RPG competition. All were failures, simply can't enter the Final 4. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back