• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Will Launch in 2018!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdog

Awards
I just hope they have early or mid 2018 in mind so that if it does get delayed, it's still 2018.

I'm honestly thinkin the same thing. While it might be wishful thinking, I think they have a summer release in mind with a potential delay in mind in case anything needs tuning up. Either way no matter what happens I feel it'll be in a better spot than FFXV what with the longer dev cycle, more established engine, and obviously a more focused direction and collaboration among Square and Disney.

Awards
It might as well be 2019, because knowing Square, it'll probably be in December.

tenor.gif

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Actually it could still be 2019 for most of us. If it releases in late 2018 for Japan it will be a few months until release in other countries.

notnow123487

Awards
Actually it could still be 2019 for most of us. If it releases in late 2018 for Japan it will be a few months until release in other countries.

Theyve stated numerous times they're doing a simultaneous release like FFXV

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The recent delays, such as Nier and KH2.8, were because of Final Fantasy XV's legitimate delay. Those games were done on time. And I don't think any game this year has been delayed to later 2017 or 2018 yet. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

This is very true, yes. 2.8 and Nier were the result of all of Square's releases getting shifted to accomodate FFXV's delay. And yes, I don't believe there has been a delay of any of the major 2017 releases. I also don't believe any of the KH games have been delayed (aside from 2.8). So perhaps there is hope after all :)

ghostwarmen

Awards
I am beyond confident that this will release next year. As to when next year, that is very unsure. In my opinion, anytime starting from March is very likely, and as much as I would love a Spring or Summer release, I'm thinking it will release in the Fall or Winter. I think if we get more trailers this year (which is very likely), the date will become slowly revealed, with the next trailer or two maybe having a quarter or season. If the game is shown off at D23 Japan next year, we probably will get the final date then. Till then, I am unbelievably hyped and ecstatic to see what's next on the plate for KH3 reveals.

moonstar_xo

I could see them wanting to show it off at E3 2018 before its release. At some point after then I think it will come out.

keyblade13

I think we don't have much to worry about. The game has to be in alpha stage, and they haven't walked themselves back yet from 2018. We also have a tech demo pretty much (2.8). I expect any delay to be small like FFXV. My guess for a date is September, although July 13th would be cool

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think we don't have much to worry about. The game has to be in alpha stage, and they haven't walked themselves back yet from 2018. We also have a tech demo pretty much (2.8). I expect any delay to be small like FFXV. My guess for a date is September, although July 13th would be cool

Well, July 13th is a Friday and games do release on Fridays. =D

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'd like to believe that whole "calendar behind Young Eraqus" conspiracy and say that KH3 is coming March 2018. That month perfectly aligns with that calendar and big KH releases have a history of releasing in March. But, I also feel that may be a bit too soon. I don't think the game is quite that close to release. That's only 8 months away. I feel like this is going to be a fall/winter 2018 release.

notnow123487

Awards
I'd like to believe that whole "calendar behind Young Eraqus" conspiracy and say that KH3 is coming March 2018. That month perfectly aligns with that calendar and big KH releases have a history of releasing in March. But, I also feel that may be a bit too soon. I don't think the game is quite that close to release. That's only 8 months away. I feel like this is going to be a fall/winter 2018 release.

with Nomura saying stuff like not all gameplay mechanics are finalized when talking about how they're uncertain on exactly how keyblade transformations will be activated, I find it very hard to believe that this game could be ready before summer.

ghostwarmen

Awards
Yeah, as much as I would love that, that may not happen. If it were, we'd need to get the date soon, probably before the end of the year. I'm banking on a summer or a fall/winter release.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Hmm... Not necessarily. March could work, but it depends on how far along they would be. We're in the middle of July now, so approximately eight months could be all they need. It's tough because Nomura's not like Tabata, where you get Active Time Reports on the updates of the game, so we really don't have a clue. All we know is that Nomura feels confident in a 2018 date, and if that's the case, then he probably already know whereabouts in the year he'll want to release it. Of course, things happen and it can always be delayed, but I don't think we'll be seeing a November release unless they're wanting to cash in on the holidays. I think we'll see it in maybe August or September.

robotman

Hm... If it's released in March that's 8 months time... I think in 5/6 months they should be able to sort everything out, so by January it should be ready. Then they have the whole of January & February to get everything prepared for a release in March. I mean it's just wishful thinking but I would love for them to release it early.

We have been waiting so long, I don't understand why they don't just get everyone on Square Enix to just work on getting it out, it really makes no sense to me. This should be the priority over Final Fantasy 7. All of the team should be working on getting it ready. I don't get it. Anyway, let me stop now before I go on a rant lol.

notnow123487

Awards
Hm... If it's released in March that's 8 months time... I think in 5/6 months they should be able to sort everything out, so by January it should be ready. Then they have the whole of January & February to get everything prepared for a release in March. I mean it's just wishful thinking but I would love for them to release it early.

We have been waiting so long, I don't understand why they don't just get everyone on Square Enix to just work on getting it out, it really makes no sense to me. This should be the priority over Final Fantasy 7. All of the team should be working on getting it ready. I don't get it. Anyway, let me stop now before I go on a rant lol.

This game is not going to be done by January. And to your second point, thats not how a corporation works. They need constant revenue streams. You can't just put all of your resources on to one team coupled with the fact of the law of diminishing returns where adding more people will help progress the game less and less until you get to a point where adding more people will slow down the process of the game. But regardless of that, they need to have resources on other games so games continue to come out at a constant pace after KH3, otherwise all of their other work is going to be delayed by a year or two. If you said that about FFXV in 2015 to just get it out and put all resources on XV, then KH3 wouldn't be out until like 2019 or 2020.

vangerme

Website
listography.com
I was hoping for 2018 release but I thought maybe it was wishful thinking....but hey it's happening.....and I stil can't believe it. I'm still nervous though because I really don't want it to be pushed back at all. I'm hoping November 2018 the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back