• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Will Launch in 2018!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

Awards
Don't know if anyone noticed this, but KH2 came out in Dec 2005. KH3 comes out in 2018. That's a 13 year gap right there.

ac27

I'm so excited. I didn't expect a release date/year at all! Was anticipating it to come out in 2019/2020. Can't believe it's actually coming out in 2018!!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So happy the game is coming out next year. I'm not even upset that we didn't get a specific date, lol.

Though I'm a bit worried it could be pushed back during development

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Does anyone with insider info have an educated guess as to how far along S-E is in development?

notnow123487

Awards
I think the best part about this news is that worst case the latest we get this game is March 2019. With the financial report about three years, it left us a bit in the dark leaving holiday 2019 and 2020 in the mix. Now we know that worst case with a delay, it's not more than a year and a half Ish away.

edit: For Angel, if they're planning to release this by holiday 2018, the game will be in alpha by fall at the latest. 99% of games go into alpha a year before release. Alpha means the game is fully playable from start to finish.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Does anyone with insider info have an educated guess as to how far along S-E is in development?
My guess is it's feature complete and will be moving out of alpha and into beta where they do bug control and visual boosts.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
So happy the game is coming out next year. I'm not even upset that we didn't get a specific date, lol.

Though I'm a bit worried it could be pushed back during development
i dont think so it will pushed back i think they want this game to come out in 2018 espicaly like they said they want to release game within three years and kh3 is the first plus dont forget they might cut a couple of worlds probally

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm so relieved it's next year. Though I think I would have settled for 2019 if worst came to worst..

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Pretty much every Square game that has come out lately has been delayed at least once. So, when this game does finally get an actual release date, I'm going to take it as "Okay, so it'll be a few months after that date".

I'd like to believe it won't get delayed once a proper date is announced, but honestly look at just about every major release from Square in the past few years, and they were all delayed following their proper release date reveal. So, while this is great news, if KH3 is planned to release Holiday 2018, there's a good chance we may end up getting it delayed into 2019.

Either way though, this is great to FINALLY see an actual release window.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Pretty much every Square game that has come out lately has been delayed at least once. So, when this game does finally get an actual release date, I'm going to take it as "Okay, so it'll be a few months after that date".

I'd like to believe it won't get delayed once a proper date is announced, but honestly look at just about every major release from Square in the past few years, and they were all delayed following their proper release date reveal. So, while this is great news, if KH3 is planned to release Holiday 2018, there's a good chance we may end up getting it delayed into 2019.

Either way though, this is great to FINALLY see an actual release window.

I just hope they have early or mid 2018 in mind so that if it does get delayed, it's still 2018.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The recent delays, such as Nier and KH2.8, were because of Final Fantasy XV's legitimate delay. Those games were done on time. And I don't think any game this year has been delayed to later 2017 or 2018 yet. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

notnow123487

Awards
I just hope they have early or mid 2018 in mind so that if it does get delayed, it's still 2018.

Cant remember if I said this already on here or neogaf, but if they were shooting for the first half of 2018, they would have made a point of it in the trailer. It's gonna be squares big holiday game next year, or at least plan to be.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
i dont think so it will pushed back i think they want this game to come out in 2018 espicaly like they said they want to release game within three years and kh3 is the first plus dont forget they might cut a couple of worlds probally

I think we are past the point of worlds being cut just to make it on time, I would rather have it pushed back anyway. I really don't want 7 worlds like Dream Drop or something lol.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I think we are past the point of worlds being cut just to make it on time, I would rather have it pushed back anyway. I really don't want 7 worlds like Dream Drop or something lol.
we not getting seven world trust i mean it not of question that some worlds maybe be cut becuase they could get stuff done in time plus i do think they want this game to relase out in 2018 espically with they saying they want to realse a game withing three years of 2018 -2020 with kh3 being the first

AleMustDie

Awards
Atleast the year. Finally

But listen, SE is knew for tricks and delays... so , stay alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back