• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 listed as part of SAG-AFTRA strike

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I've read SAG-AFTRA demands, and they're reasonable. There are articles giving examples of voice-actors being overworked in the sense that VA Directors are over-demanding the use of their vocal chords too much. Other than that, I don't think II.8 will be affected, seeing as how recording should be done by now. Games that should be affected are FINAL FANTASY VII Remake and KINGDOM HEARTS III, but I think KHIII will only be affected for any new cutscenes in promotional work, but that can be fixed with, sadly, a rehash of already utilized assets in past promotions.

Overall, I hope their demands are met, and if not, then the outcome from this strike should assure better work conditions and pay.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Final fantasy 7 reamke wont be afrected since square isnt one of the company kh3 is most likely but the strike wont affect it much since we dont know far development they are in and the strike might be over then

Mixentle

This Could effect both Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and even 3, so what can we, as Kingdom Hearts fans, do to help the strike come to a quick resolution???

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Final fantasy 7 reamke wont be afrected since square isnt one of the company kh3 is most likely but the strike wont affect it much since we dont know far development they are in and the strike might be over then

Oh right, lol. My bad. Then only KH3, then.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
This Could effect both Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and even 3, so what can we, as Kingdom Hearts fans, do to help the strike come to a quick resolution???
2.8 not so much but 3 maybe as for the fans noting much but support the va on twitter and stuff

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Tweet out to the companies on the strike list that you stand behind the voice actors who help give life to the experiences we all enjoy.

Why would this affect the development of KH? Afaik, it's an English Group, so the Japanese Seiyuus aren't striking, soo this would only affect the localization

Lip syncing is done by the development team. That would definitely hinder the game's development.

Audio also has to be coded in by the dev team.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm all for unions trying to protect their workers. Hopefully both sides create a fair resolution to both sides.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
master spockanort what twitter do we go to for disney to let disney know we support va that work there?

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Well, I hope nothing will happen (because of lip syncing and all that stuff)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Stupid question: that only applies to future callings for VA, right?
If a SAG VA already recorded for a game which hasn't come out yet, he/she can't just "block" his/her voice clips, right?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Stupid question: that only applies to future callings for VA, right?
If a SAG VA already recorded for a game which hasn't come out yet, he/she can't just "block" his/her voice clips, right?

Yeah, only future call backs. Like if they needed pick ups for a game, they will refuse.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
This is great. Voice actors have worked too hard and their industry has evolved so much, that to abide by terms settled on two decades ago is unreasonable. I definitely support the #performancematters movement.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Personally I don't think this will affect much in regards to 2.8 at least.
DDD should already have all neccessary voice clips and audio for Disney-related characters and I doubt that 0.2 which centers on Aqua and her memories as well as chiefly the overaching KH story will include many Disney characters (except Mickey and Yen Sid perhaps) while X Back Cover probably doesn't need any Disney voices at all.

On the strike issue itself, I'd say it is about time they negotiate something new, considering what was en vogue and reasonable in 1994 certainly doesn't cut it anymore today.
So full support behind that.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I believe the non Disney stuff is recorded at Skylark studios.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the fortellers, luxu, master of masters, skuld, ephermer,and chiriety are disney chacthers since every characher that made by nomura are disney characthers expect for final fantasy

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
the fortellers, luxu, master of masters, skuld, ephermer,and chiriety are disney chacthers since every characher that made by nomura are disney characthers expect for final fantasy

latest

For anyone confused about the copyright's regarding the Kingdom Hearts characters, it's introduced before the start screen appears. All characters original to Kingdom Hearts are Disney characters. They're just developed and constructed by Square Enix. In regards to the voice acting side of the department, the character voices original to Kingdom Hearts will be treated as Disney voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back