• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 2.5 Contains II, Birth by Sleep and coded?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Okay people need to stop trying to make a DDD HD version happen, it's not going to happen.

tumblr_mcf8loptxV1rwq30eo1_500.gif
Well, we don't know whats going to happen. They could very well make a DDD HD, and it's important for us to not shoot down any possibilities.

Square-Enix, yet again, leakes something
What did they leak?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Do you realize how many people including myself won't be able to play this game just because it's on a handheld?

Stop being being so negative about the subject. The HD collections aren't for "collection" purposes. They weren't made because some people just like to have an unopened KH product on their shelves. It was made for people who couldn't play any of the KH games other than 1 and 2. So not making DDD - which is basically the prologue to KH3 - for the PS3 seems stupid.
He was quoting the film Mean Girls, not trying to be negative.

Awards
Do you realize how many people including myself won't be able to play this game just because it's on a handheld?

Stop being being so negative about the subject. The HD collections aren't for "collection" purposes. They weren't made because some people just like to have an unopened KH product on their shelves. It was made for people who couldn't play any of the KH games other than 1 and 2. So not making DDD - which is basically the prologue to KH3 - for the PS3 seems stupid.

I'm not being negative. I'm being realistic. And I AM one of those people who aren't able to play it because I don't have a 3DS myself, so sit. It wouldnt be so easy for them to port it, a lot of the gameplay mechanics were made for the 3DS specifically. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but it won't happen anytime soon thats for sure. Jeez, I was partly joking anyway. I'd like to see an HD version just as much as anyone else would. Take a chill pill...

Sorarocks93

Awards
I'm not being negative. I'm being realistic. And I AM one of those people who aren't able to play it because I don't have a 3DS myself, so sit. It wouldnt be so easy for them to port it, a lot of the gameplay mechanics were made for the 3DS specifically. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but it won't happen anytime soon thats for sure. Jeez, I was partly joking anyway. I'd like to see an HD version just as much as anyone else would. Take a chill pill...

That doesn't mean they can't make it into a cutscene format like they did with Days.

Also you say that you yourself don't have a 3ds. You then realize how important it is to bring it on the PS3, either a remaster or in a cutscene format.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
That doesn't mean they can't make it into a cutscene format like they did with Days.

Also you say that you yourself don't have a 3ds. You then realize how important it is to bring it on the PS3, either a remaster or in a cutscene format.
It would really suck for DDD to be reduced to cutscenes only.

I can't see it not eventually being remade for the PS3 or included in another collection down the road.

Haven't followed the series yet, which one?
Revelations

Sorarocks93

Awards
It would really suck for DDD to be reduced to cutscenes only.

I can't see it not eventually being remade for the PS3 or included in another collection down the road.

I'll be happy as long as I get to have it in my hands.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Those people seem to primarily be from KHI, lol. Outside of the forums there seems to be a lot of positive reception for 2.5 due to BBS alone (like on neogaf). It wasn't played by a lot of people because of it being on the PSP and never making it to the PSN.

As with Days. Coded is also a short story.

The game is released in Japan.

And other English KH forums it seems, idk which ones since when I'm just reading around outside KHI I normally don't pay much attention to urls.

The story of Coded is even shorter than Days since it originally was a lightweight game for a cell phone requested by Disney only ported to the DS afterwards.

There's a glaring difference between Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance though. The former is on an old, nearly completely dead console and required for understanding the whole story, especially DDD which expands heavily on already established concepts, several which were introduced in BBS.
The latter is on a modern, current gen console and builds upon the other games in the series, it is already on top in technical terms as well.
So the simple logic is that DDD simply isn't that urgent to be remastered when comparing it to BBS, which as Taochan pointed out, isn't really that well-known and not played by more people than who can't play DDD (many people have a 3DS or will get one, mostly for stuff like Pokemon, while the PSP is close to be junk) despite it's overall importance to the series (KH 0!).

That being said, the HD collections have three main aims:
1. Remedy the issue about the story being spread over so many systems.
2. Bring the fanbase up to speed by using a home console to center the series on.
3. Possibly gain completely new fans who can play the whole series in one/two swoops.

These goals would of course have to include Dream Drop Distance in some form as very important revelations and story points are introduced in it.
I doubt that anyone would actually want to exclude DDD completely.
However, including DDD does not mean that it has to be included as a full game in every case. In order to convey the Key points of the story a cutscene collection would be sufficient as well and would save Square Enix much time and money.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
And other English KH forums it seems, idk which ones since when I'm just reading around outside KHI I normally don't pay much attention to urls.
I'm surprised that many english forums that aren't KH specific are even that aware of DDD's importance.

The story of Coded is even shorter than Days since it originally was a lightweight game for a cell phone requested by Disney only ported to the DS afterwards.
Yeah I meant that to be a different point, lol. I don't think Coded will suffer from content cuts like HD Days.

I don't follow the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dammit Chaser

ShadicDH

Oh man i can't wait while Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD REmix come's out here to America, and since it's going to be on the Playstation 3 it's even going to be more Epic then ever! this is really going to be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back