• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIII Wishlist

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The thing about that is that they're relationship is left open to interpretation. They could have crushes on each other but they just as well could just be really close friends. When it comes to romantic relationships Nomura likes to leave them open ended so the fans can come to their own conclusions. Most likely Sora and Kairi's relationship as a couple will never be confirmed but it won't be denied either. Which goes for every relationship actually, especially Sora who "loves everyone" or at least has the capacity to love everyone.

Hmmm, I don't know where I sit with that. I guess that would be the best way to please everybody. But I'm not much of an "open to interpretation" guy. I need confirmation/closure.

But I guess that's just my problem to deal with then. Nomura can do whatever he wants. It's his story.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
A Unavoidable trope in any series

An unavoidable trope? Unless a series starts out with it as a theme (Terminator for example), resorting to it demonstrates a lack of creativity.

Some notable RPG sereis without it:
-Knights of the Old Republic
-Dead Space
-FF VII (including Crisis Core and Advent Children)

Nobody HAS to put time travel in their series. DDD could have taken the mysterious figure from BBS and turned it into some other form of Xehanort.

And Retcons left and right, really?

Yep. :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Long story short, even though no one really cares, why the hell are Sora's (or anyone's) parents never mentioned? If they added that idea in, why is Sora's mother not bothered by the fact that her son disappeared for two years (despite that she probably temporarily forgot he existed during the year gap of CoM and KH2)?

I feel like Nomura never should have hinted to a romance between Sora and Kairi in the first place if that's the case. Especially in KH2, where there were many references to the possibility. Why add all that in if he just plans to leave it like that?

Because Sora's (and anyone else's) parents are more irrelevant to the storyline than even Demyx and the flying carpet from Agrabah are. There is zero need to pay them any attention.
In an interview for Famitsu in July 2011 Nomura also had this to say when being asked stuff about the great fan survey that was made:
- Well, let’s move on to the topic of mysteries people are interested in. There is a lot of interest about Organization XIII’s past.

Nomura: Most of it isn’t related to the main story of the series, so I haven’t paid too much attention to it. (Wry laughter)

Nomura doesn't even pay that much attention to parts of character stories (or characters) that aren't important for the story.

But that's the point, they are hints. Hints, not confirmations. There are many hints around that can be interpreted for different pairings other than the main standard-cliché heteronormative option. There were also hints dropped towards Sora/Naminé, Riku/Kairi, Roxas/Xion, Axel/Roxas, Sora/Riku that can be interpreted as romantic in nature.
It's again Nomura at work with his "let the fans form their own interpretations"-shtick and for fandom purposes there is actually nothing bad about it (as long as it doesn't escalate into those goddamn awful shipping wars and radical shippers each wanting their most-liked or whatever it is called pairing to happen in the actual games).
Nomura plans to leave things like that because he likes it that way,

But, on a side note, where is everyone getting all of this "Nomura said this-and-this about romance in KH"? I've never seen any interview where he mentions romance before.

He doesn't do that in a KH inteview. It was in an old interview about Final Fantasy VII and the supposed "love-triangle" between Cloud, Tifa and Aerith where he was asked which one is canon at least.
On that it was were he answered a bit soured what kind of question that is and that he doesn't care about such things, that it wasn't the focus of the story of FF VII and that the fans can think about the issue as they want it to be.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
On that it was were he answered a bit soured what kind of question that is and that he doesn't care about such things, that it wasn't the focus of the story of FF VII and that the fans can think about the issue as they want it to be.

My, my. I never knew Nomura had a sour side. What with all of his (laughs) and such.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
An unavoidable trope? Unless a series starts out with it as a theme (Terminator for example), resorting to it demonstrates a lack of creativity.

Some notable RPG sereis without it:
-Knights of the Old Republic
-Dead Space
-FF VII (including Crisis Core and Advent Children)

Nobody HAS to put time travel in their series. DDD could have taken the mysterious figure from BBS and turned it into some other form of Xehanort.

Yep. :)

I don't even play those games and I really doubt DDD would be a 'better' game without or without Time Travel. I like to see someone try. I know people hate Time Travel, but there are just some things you can't get away from, but it has nothing to do with running out of ideas.

Oh you are so proud about it, aren't you?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If destiny islands is playable in kh3, then maybe we will meet sora, riku, and kairi`s parents. It kind of bothered me that sora never once voiced concern for his family back in kh1 when they were swallowed by the darkness.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I don't even play those games and I really doubt DDD would be a 'better' game without or without Time Travel. I like to see someone try. I know people hate Time Travel, but there are just some things you can't get away from, but it has nothing to do with running out of ideas.

See someone try?

...sure, I'll just hop over to Square Enix and remake the game myself.

Oh you are so proud about it, aren't you?

Not proud really, no. In fact proud is the last word I would use to describe how I feel about DDD...

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If destiny islands is playable in kh3, then maybe we will meet sora, riku, and kairi`s parents. It kind of bothered me that sora never once voiced concern for his family back in kh1 when they were swallowed by the darkness.

That's what I mean. But, as was just addressed by Sephiroth, Nomura knows that it doesn't really move the story forward at all.

But I'm all up for a full explorable, playable Destiny Islands. It's about damn time. That tiny island from the first game isn't enough. I want to explore the main island.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
See someone try?

...sure, I'll just hop over to Square Enix and remake the game myself.

Not proud really, no. In fact proud is the last word I would use to describe how I feel about DDD...

I was kidding, I know what 'fans' can do, it's horrible. And I don't care that you hate DDD for 'ruining' Xemnas and whatever is your issue.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
My, my. I never knew Nomura had a sour side. What with all of his (laughs) and such.

It's been a long time since I read that interview, but I don't think it was explicitly written/said that Nomura was sour, just the wording of the answer gave the impression that he wasn't that enthusiastic about the question.

Going to quote both Ruran and myself concerning that:
Ruran said:
Parents get mentioned every now and then, it's just that like with romance they don't get brought up much because love of family isn't all that important to the narrative. I assume that SRK and some of the other characters care about their families but since they're a little harder to avoid they get a small mention here and there.

myself said:
Because Sora's (and anyone else's) parents are more irrelevant to the storyline than even Demyx and the flying carpet from Agrabah are. There is zero need to pay them any attention.
In an interview for Famitsu in July 2011 Nomura also had this to say when being asked stuff about the great fan survey that was made:
- Well, let’s move on to the topic of mysteries people are interested in. There is a lot of interest about Organization XIII’s past.

Nomura: Most of it isn’t related to the main story of the series, so I haven’t paid too much attention to it. (Wry laughter)

Nomura doesn't even pay that much attention to parts of character stories (or characters) that aren't important for the story.

Is there anything about the fact that "Their parents are irrelevant" that is hard to understand? *ggg*

That Sora never ever voiced something about his parents in KH 1 is covered by the above tidbits: It doesn't matter.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It's been a long time since I read that interview, but I don't think it was explicitly written/said that Nomura was sour, just the wording of the answer gave the impression that he wasn't that enthusiastic about the question.

Hmm. I suppose, now that I think about FFVII, I can see Nomura's ambiguity about romance. Honestly, I never even realized that there WAS in implied romance between Cloud and Aerith, or Cloud and Tifa. I only realized it because other people said so.

So, based on that, it doesn't bode well for any potential romantic closure in KH3. Meh. It's still Nomura. He's made seven flawless games in a row. I doubt KH3 will be any different, romance or not.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I was kidding, I know what 'fans' can do, it's horrible. And I don't care that you hate DDD for 'ruining' Xemnas and whatever is your issue.

It's not about Xemnas. I had a theory and was wrong. Big deal.

It's about how DDD integrated time travel into its plot. There was no need for it. There were numerous theories running about who the mysterious figure in BBS was, and instead of picking one that would be consistent with the motifs of the series, Nomura threw in time travel. Now I'll admit, for a SMALL part of KH2, time travel was used in Mickey's world, but that hardly makes it a motif of the series. Possessing people, Xehanort's yellow eyes, creatures of evil (nightmares in this case), those motifs have been seen before and fit very well into the game.

Ansem SOD didn't HAVE to be the source of everything. He was fine as he was, as were the other versions of Xehanort. Instead of portraying Xemnas, Ansem, and Xigbar as villains with their own goals, DDD rewrote their personalities as secret slaves of Master Xehanort and part of his master plan.

I liked DDD up until the time travel plot introduction. They could have brought in a reincarnated and new Xehanort as the villain instead of that. Heck, Isanort could have been the villain. He did a fine job as a villain in KH2 and could have led the way with powers from Xehanort.

I respect that you enjoy time travel, and I think that in some series it certainly has a place. But you just have to glance at popular sci-fi or fantasy sitcoms to notice how time travel is brought in when the writers begin losing ideas. (LOST and Supernatural are examples of this).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hmmm, I don't know where I sit with that. I guess that would be the best way to please everybody. But I'm not much of an "open to interpretation" guy. I need confirmation/closure.

But I guess that's just my problem to deal with then. Nomura can do whatever he wants. It's his story.

Quoting that now because I missed it before.
Yep, you'll have to deal then since Tetsuya Nomura is one of the kings of the "open to interpretation"-train. This fact is something he mentions in at least every third interview so it's a very important thing for him.

Hmm. I suppose, now that I think about FFVII, I can see Nomura's ambiguity about romance. Honestly, I never even realized that there WAS in implied romance between Cloud and Aerith, or Cloud and Tifa. I only realized it because other people said so.

So, based on that, it doesn't bode well for any potential romantic closure in KH3. Meh. It's still Nomura. He's made seven flawless games in a row. I doubt KH3 will be any different, romance or not.

Lol, no worries, I didn't realize that many romance hints in VII as well, but I am also not particularily looking for such things. I'm not that active in the FF fandom although I am a huge Final Fantasy-fan, but I can imagine the rabid shippers being as awful there as they are in the KH fandom.

Like said by several people before, romance is not important in KH, in fact even less than it is/was in some of the older Final Fantasies and in all honesty, I do not understand why people can't just accept KH as it is, enjoy that there is some other form of love in the focus and see the refreshing fact that there is finally a story out there that isn't mucked up with unneeded cheesy romance.
In the media nowadays you have to have a romance in practically every work it's become almost a plague.

Lol, I would hardly call Nomura's games flawless, especially since his choices for the scriptwriters weren't always the best.
KH is good, yes, but "flawless" is an overstatement. *ggg*

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Another couple of additions to my wish list

1. Max goof- One of the characters fans have been begging for.
2. a new castle for the SOD
3. a few worlds based on live action films.
4. a return of TWEWY cast

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's not about Xemnas. I had a theory and was wrong. Big deal.

It's about how DDD integrated time travel into its plot. There was no need for it. There were numerous theories running about who the mysterious figure in BBS was, and instead of picking one that would be consistent with the motifs of the series, Nomura threw in time travel. Now I'll admit, for a SMALL part of KH2, time travel was used in Mickey's world, but that hardly makes it a motif of the series. Possessing people, Xehanort's yellow eyes, creatures of evil (nightmares in this case), those motifs have been seen before and fit very well into the game.

Ansem SOD didn't HAVE to be the source of everything. He was fine as he was, as were the other versions of Xehanort. Instead of portraying Xemnas, Ansem, and Xigbar as villains with their own goals, DDD rewrote their personalities as secret slaves of Master Xehanort and part of his master plan.

I liked DDD up until the time travel plot introduction. They could have brought in a reincarnated and new Xehanort as the villain instead of that. Heck, Isanort could have been the villain. He did a fine job as a villain in KH2 and could have led the way with powers from Xehanort.

I respect that you enjoy time travel, and I think that in some series it certainly has a place. But you just have to glance at popular sci-fi or fantasy sitcoms to notice how time travel is brought in when the writers begin losing ideas. (LOST and Supernatural are examples of this).

Theories are theories and predictions are predictions, but getting upset becuase the series doesn't follow your ways, people wonder why I don't like how people react to a series. Oh becuase DDD 'ruined' them and time travel was involved... I'm done before I and you get in trouble.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

Actually, even KH2 had hints of Cloud/Tifa and Cloud/Aerith, so they could expand on that in KH3.

Addition to wishlist: Genesis as a secret boss.

limit

I don't feel like they should. Both times that they've included it, it's been such a boring and pointless world. Unless some really cool stuff happens, they should leave that one out this time. If anything, they should do what they did in BBS and make it appear but not actually a playable world and it just gives you unlockable stuff without having to do anything.

Come on, 100 Acre Woods is actually one of my favorite worlds! It gives a nice break from all the action of the game. I actually really liked the Hunny Slider.

Bhunivelze

SUPER BOSSES: Kefka, Lightning, Garland, The Horned King, Phantom Reprise, Lava Titan. Just a few of the people I'd want to see.

More intricate equipment system: Final Fantasy XIII nailed this. But just, KH-ify it.

Hawaii: I WANT LILO AND STITCH.

More abilities to sidekicks: Particularly Donald and Goofy. I realize that Sora is "the hero" and all, but come on, you don't have to neglet the sidekicks.

Sorarocks93

Awards
SUPER BOSSES: Kefka, Lightning, Garland, The Horned King, Phantom Reprise, Lava Titan. Just a few of the people I'd want to see.

I was thinking about Superbosses a while ago and I thought, what if we could fight Angeal, Genesis and Sephiroth in a tournament?

Bhunivelze

I was thinking about Superbosses a while ago and I thought, what if we could fight Angeal, Genesis and Sephiroth in a tournament?

As cool as that would be, I would ultimately oppose it. If Angeal and Genesis were thrown into the game, more drama would be added to the Cloud/Sephiroth sub-plot. Which I really wouldn't want to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back