• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI: Writer's Guild!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
And here we go: KHI: Blazing Summer Writing Contest!

I hope it's worth the hype or excitement! :D And I've edited the opening should anyone else happen to miss it. I'll probably send out PM's for anybody that's interested in it too.

@itwasmybedtime: Because it's a guild, Silly! Fairy Tail is a good example.

Also, I encourage everyone and all new members to give this a try! Think of all the cool awards you could get! Or the reputation for writing so many stories over the summer!

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
so i have an idea for CW; story commissions. basically, members request a story and we, creative writing's finest, give the people what they want. i imagine it would make for something to flex the creative muscles of some members while giving other members stories they want but can't write themselves. template example:

Story type: fanfiction
genre: neo-noir
If fanfiction, which propertie(s): kingdom hearts, dc comics
synopsis: heartless invade gotham, batman beams SDG in to help
Length: long
Special Requests: no romance, no gore, no swearing, PG-13, keep disney references to a minimum, bring in green arrow.
Preferred Writer: chuman

it would need structuring, members to join and probably some time to get up and running but it could truly turn into something beautiful. shoutout to KK!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
so i have an idea for CW; story commissions. basically, members request a story and we, creative writing's finest, give the people what they want. i imagine it would make for something to flex the creative muscles of some members while giving other members stories they want but can't write themselves. template example:

Special Requests: no romance, no gore, no swearing, PG-13, keep disney references to a minimum, bring in green arrow.

it would need structuring, members to join and probably some time to get up and running but it could truly turn into something beautiful. shoutout to KK!

That idea sounds pretty bombing, actually. It'll help a lot for people who have writer's block as well!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I like this.

I also like the idea of like animated series Batman being grumpy as shit and then smiling or something at the end, related to the template you gave. :V

AND NOW I WANT TO MARATHON IT SHIT

asdflkj

in other news, while i haven't been asked in a while, or felt the need to even, i may not be able to do full ass edits anymore. i'll still give general overall critique, but not as in depth as you guys've known me for

but i may still try fuck idk

but yeah main reasons:
1. Work part-time.
2. School full-time
3. I was just asked by my writing teacher if I'd be interested in being an editor for the school magazine.
I'm gonna take him up on that and hopefully I won't die.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
awesome! any volunteers for writing? i'm hoping to get 2-3 more beside myself aboard. i have 3 different stories i want to write actually but typing is hell and only a single misclick can undo 30 minutes of work so haha it might be a little while before commissions are up but it should happen before the apocalypse unless therealansem was right.

on an unrelated note i am going to bump and update the poetry thread and turn it into something similar to this so i'm basically robbing u KK lol.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To update, I joined creative writing club, they're very nice people. I'm reading some of the members' writing from last year and I'm impressed with some of them I have to say.

But the environment so far is good. I even wrote a small snippet during a writing prompt when I thought I would just sit there and panic.

I just felt at ease with them and I was so new...

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I imagine it was a lovely time and experience! C: I didn't know there were places for people to join a creative writing club. I hope you continue to have fun with it, Annoyance.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I imagine it was a lovely time and experience! C: I didn't know there were places for people to join a creative writing club. I hope you continue to have fun with it, Annoyance.
I didn't generally either! I knew there was a club but I had /no idea/ where to go. I took the professor that I have for composition I because I saw he was the professor for creative writing and I'm so happy I did. I'd rather have a teacher who actually gives a shit and goes through the same shit I do as a writer.

When he wrote back to me after my first paper about being an editor and getting stuff down for my resume and portfolio I was like AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! and freaked out a bit [in a good way]

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I know not everyone has gotten their awards from the previous contest. :c So, hopefully that gets taken care of soon. Anyhow, I was wondering if you guys were up for a Halloween Contest? Or just want to write Halloween stuff, since it's October now?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I might be interested. You have really good prompts so yeah.

I don't think I'll be able to make it in time for my writing club's deadline and I'm sad but I'm thinking of playing around with my novel idea???????????

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I might be interested. You have really good prompts so yeah.

I don't think I'll be able to make it in time for my writing club's deadline and I'm sad but I'm thinking of playing around with my novel idea???????????

Thank you for saying so. :) I could also just make it a Week of Halloween. Followed by the option of Thanksgiving, since we haven't really done that before. Stuff to brainstorm about for the day. And I haven't forgotten about the Writer's Commission thing either. (xD)

You have a deadline in your writers club? So do you have to write a story to show them at a certain date? ooh, a novel idea sounds awesome. :O

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank you for saying so. :) I could also just make it a Week of Halloween. Followed by the option of Thanksgiving, since we haven't really done that before. Stuff to brainstorm about for the day. And I haven't forgotten about the Writer's Commission thing either. (xD)

You have a deadline in your writers club? So do you have to write a story to show them at a certain date? ooh, a novel idea sounds awesome. :O
Ooooo a week of Halloween sounds fun lol. I'll join if you guys do that! ;w;

Super random thing, but NaNoWriMo starts again next month and October is usually the time when everyone works on planning or figuring out an idea for their novels. I kind of want to start a thread to help get people into NaNo and maybe do some daily or weekly prompts or something :T

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
FISH FOOD WILL RISE FROM THE FISHBOWL

I still remember last year's entry of yours, Noel. *shivers* So scary, oh so scary. D: And awesome. xD

I am so down for some Halloween stuff.

Yes! Lets get crazy with Halloween this year. XD

Ooooo a week of Halloween sounds fun lol. I'll join if you guys do that! ;w;

Super random thing, but NaNoWriMo starts again next month and October is usually the time when everyone works on planning or figuring out an idea for their novels. I kind of want to start a thread to help get people into NaNo and maybe do some daily or weekly prompts or something :T

Then it's going to become a thing and I'll send out the usual PM's for those who might be interested in it. C:

I'm down for a new thread for NaNoWriMo! By all means, feel free to make the thread, Rena! <3 I'll actually try to partake it in this year, cause otherwise, I don't know why I have an account on there for. lol.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Why not have it just be fall if Thanksgiving is included? Or perhaps Thanksgiving be included in the holiday one? Will there be a winter writer wonderland? you seem to have one every season it looks like.

NaNoWriMo is coming up too.

The writers club is having a writing contest going on, but I'm too busy/uninspired/whatever to enter a piece. Still shy and nervous of my ability. Some of them are really good.

Novel idea to my knowledge has not been done before but probably has in some ways... But I just can't connect some things or why or hows that definitely need to be answered so it's discouraging when i can't think of anything like YEAH THAT WORKS and not be a cliche.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I just discovered this thread. I love the idea of it, consider me subscribed.

Halloween story. I'm in.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Why not have it just be fall if Thanksgiving is included? Or perhaps Thanksgiving be included in the holiday one? Will there be a winter writer wonderland? you seem to have one every season it looks like.

NaNoWriMo is coming up too.

The writers club is having a writing contest going on, but I'm too busy/uninspired/whatever to enter a piece. Still shy and nervous of my ability. Some of them are really good.

Novel idea to my knowledge has not been done before but probably has in some ways... But I just can't connect some things or why or hows that definitely need to be answered so it's discouraging when i can't think of anything like YEAH THAT WORKS and not be a cliche.

You got a point there. :eek: Hmm, I could add it onto the "Holiday Contest" instead? I don't know... we always tend to skip over it, so I don't know where to put it. lol. I try to do the standard seasons each year with new stuff thrown in from time to time.

Indeed it is. I'll have to give some thought on what I'd like to write for NaNoWriMo this year.

If I had to take a wild guess, I imagine some of those writers who are really good feel the exact same way about their own writing. Therefore, don't underestimate yourself because, you're a really good writer from what I've seen and read of your previous work too. :) In any case, I hope it works out for you in the end with the writers club, should you enter it or not. Do they do more than one contest? Could always enter the next one too.

Cliche or not, I believe you can do it with whatever idea it is you're trying to connect it to. There's no real way to keep things original anymore because, all of our ideas come from someplace else or someone has used it before. What's awesome about it is that we can use that idea in new ways or perspectives. And that my friend is my way of saying not to worry over the small details or get to discouraged about it. :)

@Max: Awesome! *o*

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

I kinda agree with KK. Most of the time I'm flying by the seat of my pants since I consider it all a work in progress/rough draft. You've probably already thought about this but you can start writing things out (cliche or not) and just come back to it later when you get fresher ideas.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They probably do, I'm too new and shy to ask. Right now we're trying to focus on getting funds for the magazine in spring. But they do have occasionally good writing prompts, one even gave me an idea for a scene in the novel that I thought was interesting.

I really need to force myself to write out what I can. The story is disjointed enough right now that anything is good at this point, more than what I was doing, etc. I've only written maybe four pages of anything. I need to focus on the characters way more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back