• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI: Writer's Guild!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I found you on WattPad! I'll probably comment what I think about Endless and Angel Falls when I get done reading them. I hope that's okay if I leave said comments here? I don't have an account on WattPad. However, I am familiar in how to use it to read stuff. I think a friend of mine named Lunarmaster54 had some on there a long time ago. I could be mistaken. I might have to ask. xD Anyways, I look forward to reading both of your stories!

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. :3 And yeah it's ok if you leave comments here. XD If you have any work yourself then I'd love to read it too.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Does anyone know any good sites to post short stories on? Only website I know is Deviantart, but that's more for visual art.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Does anyone know any good sites to post short stories on? Only website I know is Deviantart, but that's more for visual art.
I use medium for mine when they're done enough.

https://medium.com/@annoyance

It isn't the best site and it's usually used for blogging but I can't be damned to force a schedule on myself so I just use it as a dumping ground. But it ain't tumblr and it's easier to find things apparently.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Okay; that just means I don't have to try to figure out which story of the dozen bouncing around in my head I'm going to write, then. XD

I understand! If you ever do decide to write anything, I'd love to read it. :)

Edit: Well looks like I'm behind schedule after a few crappy days of slow internet. Hopefully I can make up for it before Thanksgiving approaches. I also wish everyone the best who's doing NaNoWriMo this year! <3

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Hey! How's everyone doing in their writing endeavors? Just thought I'd poke my head in and see what everyone's working on. I've gotten sucked in doing work for James Cameron's Dark Angel, myself^^

Also, are we doing the Twelve Shots of Summer this year? And if so, when?:)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Also, are we doing the Twelve Shots of Summer this year? And if so, when?:)

I was afraid this would come up eventually.

Truthfully, I don't plan on hosting any more contests for the time being; or for the foreseeable future for right now. Unless any of the other staff wish to hold one in my place. I can, however, make a handful of prompts for any of you to choose from to help inspiring your writing and writing endeavors. If it's something you guys want. :) I do ask for some time to come up with some prompts for all of you in the meantime, and I thank you all for your patience.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was afraid this would come up eventually.

Truthfully, I don't plan on hosting any more contests for the time being; or for the foreseeable future for right now. Unless any of the other staff wish to hold one in my place. I can, however, make a handful of prompts for any of you to choose from to help inspiring your writing and writing endeavors. If it's something you guys want. :) I do ask for some time to come up with some prompts for all of you in the meantime, and I thank you all for your patience.
Popping in to say that I loved your prompts contest or not. They really got me thinking. I know I haven't posted lately but I'm still around hi.

also i've updated my medium with a lot more non-fiction stuff. lot's happened since I last posted here.

https://medium.com/@Annoyance

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
hey so it's been a while but i decided against my better judgement to post some of my non-fiction up. i took a non-fiction writing class last semester and did okay in it. these are some of those things i wrote along with a random venting piece i needed for cathartic reasons.

https://forums.khinsider.com/creati...n-reflection-content-warning.html#post6524850 [content warning: dubious consent]
https://forums.khinsider.com/creative-writing/216867-kools-non-fiction-short-story.html#post6524849

https://forums.khinsider.com/creative-writing/216866-my-piece-shit-car-non-fiction-flash.html [the other one]

I have a very very long one that I spent half the semester on that I'm debating on posting because I'm still... working on it to be honest. It's a really long convoluted story of me finding my bearings as a writer. It's on my medium but... Having people read it and inevitably giving me feedback is something I'm hesitant on in its current stage.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Please whenever you get around to it, check out my reply to your first linked thread Sabrina.
Thank you so much I'm gonna reply soon. Thank you thank you. <3 I appreciate that you read it. I know there isn't too much non-fiction here still but I'm glad people read it.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I finally got around to reading these! Okay, I skipped the ones I read before. But here it is! :D

Mystery of a Nazi

It's quite shocking when you used to know someone who goes full blown Nazi and tries to commit real life crimes. You don't usually get to see what kind of person they were like through other peoples eyes; especially when they're growing up, or in direct contact with someone outside of family. I do find this incredibly fascinating to read about. And I do agree, Lindsay wouldn't change, especially if she enjoys the spot light like that and wants to be famous for it. Narcissism on this kind of level should be considered dangerous. And it's kind of scary how a fascination with World War II can turn into something deadly years later. Honestly, it's crazy how warped a mind can become all on its own. Or how much society has also changed today because of hatred and white supremacists. Where nobody can call anybody a Nazi anymore because, it's no longer a joke and a serious problem. Overall, I liked reading this because, it's the first time I've read anything related to True Crime that isn't on the news. xD

Puppy Chow

;__; I'm so sorry you had to go through something as humiliating as that. Speeches aren't fun at all. And I'm a HUGE fan of Rice Krispie treats. I wonder if Mrs. Holt simply wanted Puppy Chow because, it's something she liked or wanted to eat. Anyways, you were super brave to keep going despite the lack of butter for an ingredient. If it were me, I would've cried and ask to go home. It sucks as a kid, when you want to have friends, and everyone already knows each other, or simply has their own friend circle. Being a kid is hard. And relying on our parents doesn't mean they'll always be perfect, cause they can still mess up too. It's funny how years later we turn into adults and see how hard it is in their shoes with or without kids. And you captured this incredibly well by writing about it from your own personal experience.

Snow and Dread

I want to shake the teachers in this damn school for doing nothing about it. SERIOUSLY, what is wrong with them?! If they knew you didn't have lice, they should of stepped in and set things straight. Or scolded the kids for spreading rumors like that. (I know it probably wouldn't of made a big difference, but still, it makes my chest burn with frustration.) I hate public schools with a passion and had a good share of bullying myself. And you are not only brave, but strong, and lovable, Sabrina. I wish I could hug the eight year old you, cause it makes me cry knowing you had to suffer alone without anyone able to tell you what a great person you are. I wish other kids at that age weren't such monsters. I am glad that you could at least enjoy making a snow fort despite the hardships you endured. Furthermore, you are awe inspiring to me because, I could never bring myself to write the awful stuff that happened to me as a kid or a teenager. Reliving those memories have to be painful. But facing up to them and writing about it and sharing it is incredible.

Need a Name

This one was a sweet story to read. I really enjoyed the atmosphere it took place in with the rainy weather, the people doing their own things, and the coffee. It instantly made me think of fall, where things feel cozy and relaxed. I also instantly liked the protagonist because, she was honest and wasn't panicking about not knowing the guy's name. I actually kind of want to high five her for asking him towards the end what his name was. I feel like the guy would've taken it well despite her not knowing it for a few months upon talking to him. Sometimes there are people in real who's names don't instantly come to mind. Therefore it feels natural to me. And I could see them getting along pretty well if the story ever carried on into something more. :)

Late to the Game

I can't say I had the same experience with FFVII because, I started it back when I'd visit my dad's parents up north with very few options of things to do. Anyways, it'd be kind of amazing if FFVII is the key for Square Enix to get better sales in the future with the Remake. I also had a similar experience of getting stuck at certain points with video games a lot as a kid too. I didn't even make it to Vincent. I got stuck during the part of fighting Shinra, while going down an elevator. And I'm getting side tracked, but it was really cool to see what your first experience was like with playing JRPGs. And I have a similar opinion about FFXIII as well.

The Year Book of a Writer Part I & II & III

You've had a really tough time through out your school years. I am glad you found Ollie to share your interests with around senior year. Or that you had Conner to date and encourage you to try to get out of there aka school. I am sorry nobody ever encouraged you to be a writer as a career growing up. And just reading how it went from beginning to end was quite the journey and experience for me, cause I got to see it through your eyes. Furthermore, I did not know the needle to pierce someone's ears can't be cleaned. I'm not sure if I should be terrified or not about this revelation, considering I had my ears pierced twice years ago. Before I drift away any further, I think no matter what it is you're writing about it still counts. It still makes you a writer, even if it's not something original. Writing down a string of words to make a sentence or a paragraph counts in my eyes. No matter if it's good or bad or real or not real. It all counts.

Thank you for allowing us to read your stories, Sabrina.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I finally got around to reading these! Okay, I skipped the ones I read before. But here it is! :D

Mystery of a Nazi

It's quite shocking when you used to know someone who goes full blown Nazi and tries to commit real life crimes. You don't usually get to see what kind of person they were like through other peoples eyes; especially when they're growing up, or in direct contact with someone outside of family. I do find this incredibly fascinating to read about. And I do agree, Lindsay wouldn't change, especially if she enjoys the spot light like that and wants to be famous for it. Narcissism on this kind of level should be considered dangerous. And it's kind of scary how a fascination with World War II can turn into something deadly years later. Honestly, it's crazy how warped a mind can become all on its own. Or how much society has also changed today because of hatred and white supremacists. Where nobody can call anybody a Nazi anymore because, it's no longer a joke and a serious problem. Overall, I liked reading this because, it's the first time I've read anything related to True Crime that isn't on the news. xD
I'm glad it was a good read. I really want to mess with this one [and change the name bc of libel etc] but yeah.

Puppy Chow
;__; I'm so sorry you had to go through something as humiliating as that. Speeches aren't fun at all. And I'm a HUGE fan of Rice Krispie treats. I wonder if Mrs. Holt simply wanted Puppy Chow because, it's something she liked or wanted to eat. Anyways, you were super brave to keep going despite the lack of butter for an ingredient. If it were me, I would've cried and ask to go home. It sucks as a kid, when you want to have friends, and everyone already knows each other, or simply has their own friend circle. Being a kid is hard. And relying on our parents doesn't mean they'll always be perfect, cause they can still mess up too. It's funny how years later we turn into adults and see how hard it is in their shoes with or without kids. And you captured this incredibly well by writing about it from your own personal experience.
I think it mainly wouldn't be long enough for the speech and have enough instructions but idk. *shrug*
But thank you! ;w;

Snow and Dread
I want to shake the teachers in this damn school for doing nothing about it. SERIOUSLY, what is wrong with them?! If they knew you didn't have lice, they should of stepped in and set things straight. Or scolded the kids for spreading rumors like that. (I know it probably wouldn't of made a big difference, but still, it makes my chest burn with frustration.) I hate public schools with a passion and had a good share of bullying myself. And you are not only brave, but strong, and lovable, Sabrina. I wish I could hug the eight year old you, cause it makes me cry knowing you had to suffer alone without anyone able to tell you what a great person you are. I wish other kids at that age weren't such monsters. I am glad that you could at least enjoy making a snow fort despite the hardships you endured. Furthermore, you are awe inspiring to me because, I could never bring myself to write the awful stuff that happened to me as a kid or a teenager. Reliving those memories have to be painful. But facing up to them and writing about it and sharing it is incredible.
Believe me I want to as well but we can't have everything I guess. But yeah that's why I want to keep writing non-fiction because my stories can give support to people that went through the same thing. At least, that's the hope.

Need a Name
This one was a sweet story to read. I really enjoyed the atmosphere it took place in with the rainy weather, the people doing their own things, and the coffee. It instantly made me think of fall, where things feel cozy and relaxed. I also instantly liked the protagonist because, she was honest and wasn't panicking about not knowing the guy's name. I actually kind of want to high five her for asking him towards the end what his name was. I feel like the guy would've taken it well despite her not knowing it for a few months upon talking to him. Sometimes there are people in real who's names don't instantly come to mind. Therefore it feels natural to me. And I could see them getting along pretty well if the story ever carried on into something more. :)
I've debated on deleting this one to be honest, it's probably my less popular of my fiction stories and posts in general next to the next one coming up. But I'm glad you liked it.

Late to the Game
I can't say I had the same experience with FFVII because, I started it back when I'd visit my dad's parents up north with very few options of things to do. Anyways, it'd be kind of amazing if FFVII is the key for Square Enix to get better sales in the future with the Remake. I also had a similar experience of getting stuck at certain points with video games a lot as a kid too. I didn't even make it to Vincent. I got stuck during the part of fighting Shinra, while going down an elevator. And I'm getting side tracked, but it was really cool to see what your first experience was like with playing JRPGs. And I have a similar opinion about FFXIII as well.
God I forgot everything I wrote in this thing I had like a hope to like write a lot of opinionated think pieces and non-fics on video games and I just gave up on it real quick when I started school hahaha. Maybe I should give it another go?

The Year Book of a Writer Part I & II & III
You've had a really tough time through out your school years. I am glad you found Ollie to share your interests with around senior year. Or that you had Conner to date and encourage you to try to get out of there aka school. I am sorry nobody ever encouraged you to be a writer as a career growing up. And just reading how it went from beginning to end was quite the journey and experience for me, cause I got to see it through your eyes. Furthermore, I did not know the needle to pierce someone's ears can't be cleaned. I'm not sure if I should be terrified or not about this revelation, considering I had my ears pierced twice years ago. Before I drift away any further, I think no matter what it is you're writing about it still counts. It still makes you a writer, even if it's not something original. Writing down a string of words to make a sentence or a paragraph counts in my eyes. No matter if it's good or bad or real or not real. It all counts.

Thank you for allowing us to read your stories, Sabrina.
Well, NEEDLES can be cleaned but the needle guns they use at like, Claires and malls cannot ever be cleaned because it doesn't come apart. Piercing/tattoo shops are much much much better *because* they use needles. If you didn't have any complications with your piercing and it's been years, you're fine.
And thank you. Honestly I have to write part IV and include my evolution as a writer/editor on here because this place had a very strong impact on me, including you, so thank you so much for your kind words and support as always. I look forward to hearing from you on anything I write. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back