• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI: Writer's Guild!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingering Will

Awards
Pretty much what Annoyance has said. And if you post any stories, I'll be more than happy to read and review it for you. :) Yup, you hit the subscribe button and you'll see new an recent posts too. So I think that's about it unless you have any other questions for me or the wonderful writing community.

Nope! None at all! Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it! :p

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm here to announce the Summer Writing Contest is being closed early this year. Therefore, it'll be closed sometime tomorrow afternoon. If any one else wishes to enter it, then please PM me about it for one last chance to enter it.

In the meantime, I wanna give a huge thank you to everyone else who's entered the contest this year! It's always amazing seeing what you guys will put out for the writing contests I host each year. Therefore, I'll be sure to make sure each of you get your awards really soon. And please tell me, if I accidentally miss one of you when it comes to giving out awards. I almost did this last year, so please SPEAK UP. xD

And you guys can still use the writing prompts however you like. <3

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Had fun. And helped expand my universe a bit. Now to finish the last two chapters of season 1 of my story....

I'm happy you had fun with it, Tyrant Raver. And glad it helped expand your universe. <3 Two more chapters! I can't wait! xD

i think mine could only count for walk in the woods i think??? maybe???

Yes! Your story definitely counts, Annoyance. :) I know I haven't read it yet, but it counts! No worries!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wish I could have written more for it. I am working on other things but nonfiction is harder to fit to a given theme sometimes. Also writing a sort of thought piece.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I wish I could have written more for it. I am working on other things but nonfiction is harder to fit to a given theme sometimes. Also writing a sort of thought piece.

I understand.

And it's really cool you're working on more things. :) Nonfiction stories speak a lot to me because, I think it's brave to write about personal experiences somebody/yourself has gone through. And a thought piece sounds intriguing.

---

Another reason why I've closed the contest a bit early is because, I haven't been able to devote as much time to the contest or current story updates as much as before. I've fallen behind on a lot in the writing section for the past three months or so. Therefore, I felt bad for not being around as much to oversee things like I used to. :c

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Kinda bummed that I wasn't able to get anything up this time around; but between work and school... yeah, I totally get why you shut this down early, Kit Kat. *keeps writing in her head, because that's most of what she seems to have been doing for the last few months*

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Kinda bummed that I wasn't able to get anything up this time around; but between work and school... yeah, I totally get why you shut this down early, Kit Kat. *keeps writing in her head, because that's most of what she seems to have been doing for the last few months*
That sucks, but don't worry about it too much. I've had the same problem and only recently have been able to write lol

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
So, I feel like wanting to write again but can't decide on which idea to compound on. I have several ideas and one of them is not-so-quite yet similar to Horizon: Zero Dawn, but the cause is totally different. Honestly, the more I think about it, it feels overwhelming with the whole world-building to it.

Are there any tips to make it easier on me or should I just plunge right into it..?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So, I feel like wanting to write again but can't decide on which idea to compound on. I have several ideas and one of them is not-so-quite yet similar to Horizon: Zero Dawn, but the cause is totally different. Honestly, the more I think about it, it feels overwhelming with the whole world-building to it.

Are there any tips to make it easier on me or should I just plunge right into it..?

Start plunging with what you have. You don't have a deadline, but try to set up a planning board perhaps with notes added to it and add as you go. Set up deadlines for yourself too to add a little bit of pressure. But definitely have a goal in mind ya know? Take it at your own pace.

In other news I wrote a short fiction piece /finished (kind of) my Summer Contest entry
https://forums.khinsider.com/creative-writing/214726-lights-jar-fiction.html

It can be read here

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Ah, this is a bit sad... I wanted to enter the contest as well, had two entries prepared, but I guess I'll better wait for the next one and adapt way faster
Sigh :'[ it's my fault for being uninformed and therefore late... Thought this will be up till September.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Ah, this is a bit sad... I wanted to enter the contest as well, had two entries prepared, but I guess I'll better wait for the next one and adapt way faster
Sigh :'[ it's my fault for being uninformed and therefore late... Thought this will be up till September.

If you want, you could still post them on KHI? I'd love to read them and I'd give you an award for putting in the time and effort of making both entries. <3

And it's not your fault. I originally planned on keeping it open till September, but I closed the contest early due to my inconsistency on the forum throughout most of summer atop of thinking everyone had gotten in what they wanted for a submission for a contest. :c

Roxie1563

Awards
Start plunging with what you have. You don't have a deadline, but try to set up a planning board perhaps with notes added to it and add as you go. Set up deadlines for yourself too to add a little bit of pressure. But definitely have a goal in mind ya know? Take it at your own pace.

In other news I wrote a short fiction piece /finished (kind of) my Summer Contest entry
https://forums.khinsider.com/creative-writing/214726-lights-jar-fiction.html

It can be read here

I think I might be one of the few that keeps everything inside their mind and having trouble putting into stories. However, I know I will take your advice to heart. :)

Also, I read your story! I like it and it makes me think about things that sometimes went through your mind a couple of times. I also feel like one day, I'll be in that same position as the mother. It just makes you think more.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think I might be one of the few that keeps everything inside their mind and having trouble putting into stories. However, I know I will take your advice to heart. :)

Also, I read your story! I like it and it makes me think about things that sometimes went through your mind a couple of times. I also feel like one day, I'll be in that same position as the mother. It just makes you think more.
I appreciate it! Thank you so much for reading! I wanted to make it relatable and I'm glad it came across as such.

Roxie1563

Awards
I appreciate it! Thank you so much for reading! I wanted to make it relatable and I'm glad it came across as such.

You're welcome! :D Also, I read some of your other works and it's enhancing the world the reader lives in. Just keep on writing!

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
If you want, you could still post them on KHI? I'd love to read them and I'd give you an award for putting in the time and effort of making both entries. <3

And it's not your fault. I originally planned on keeping it open till September, but I closed the contest early due to my inconsistency on the forum throughout most of summer atop of thinking everyone had gotten in what they wanted for a submission for a contest. :c

You're too kind! Thanks for the encouragement to post, in the end I did it > o < here: https://forums.khinsider.com/creative-writing/214747-darkgreys-wandering-writing-pages.html
I don't want to cause any trouble with how the awards are given away so I don't know what to say, I posted for the fun and now I'm actually glad I did ; v ;
Don't sweat it, and thanks for letting me post my entries nonetheless like this too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back