• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI makes a KH game! Discussion #2: Characters and Character Design

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Lumin - KHI Character by ~KH-XIII on deviantART
Lumin-1.jpg

Name: Lumin (derived from the word "Luminous" meaning light)
Sex: Male
How old they appear: 15
Eye Color: Yellow
Hair color: Dark Brown
Weight and height: 129 lbs. 5'2"
Type of body (build): Average
Skin tone: Light Tan (comparable to Sora's)
Predominant feature: Hair
Homeworld: Castle Oblivion - Post KH Storyline
Weapon: Kingdom Key (currently), Memory Cards
Quick Description: He was abandoned by his parents inside the white interior of the castle and was later found by a passerby. It is unknown whether or not his parents made it out of the castle as no traces were found aside from cards shaped like crowns that laid beside him.

+ What about your protagonist or antagonist's design makes them look and feel like a protagonist? What design characteristics do these character's have that could send the right signals to the player that you want to establish? (ex: A mysterious character having concealing clothing.)
- I wanted Lumin to look calm, collected, and hard to read. Lumin hides his childhood from his friends, anticipating their reactions to be negative and insulting. The design on his shirt represents a crooked half of a heart symbolizing that he isn't "complete".

+ What color palettes would you like to use for your characters? These are the primary colors that you can define the character's look and clothes by.
-As I already stated, Lumin's name is derived from light. His eyes, which are yellow, are/is the focal point of his personality. Although his face is difficult to read, his eyes express more than his actions. His dark brown hair seems to be self-explanatory and his white shirt/black inner collar and his dark blue jeans signify that he is just like you and I, a teenager.

+ What about your character design sets it apart and yet complements the Disney-style characters that will be in the Kingdom Hearts games?
-My character is analogous to Disney characters because Lumin was raised knowing that no one wanted to take care of him. His life didn't have any magic and his will to discover trust has diminished. This is where Disney characters come into play by jolting him with lessons and sparking his imagination with light.

*He currently resides in the 2nd District of Traverse Town with his stepfather.

Ransa

Hello this is the first post in a while so I will do my best. I don't have good drawing skills so I am going to describe the characters I have come up with.

Protagonist
Name: Zedrick but is nick-named Zed
Personality: He is an active individual who also is very calculative, and tends to play mischief with his friends.
Eye color: Blue with gray at the center(and also wears glasses)
Hair: short black (like a boy version of Xion type hair style)
Body built: Slender but with muscle
Battle wound: Keyblade strike to his right knee left him with a slight limp but not too serious.
Skin tone: white with some tanning
Home World: Figaro from ff VI both the desert castle and south Figaro surrounded by forest.
Weapon: Keyblade (I will post a pic for that since I can at least make it in paint, well a rough outline of it any way.)
Fighting style: Fencing
Alignment: light
Background: He was born and raised in Figaro, his father was a Keyblade wielder but retired because of loss and turmoil that keybearers had brought to many worlds. His mother passed after having him, so his father raised him alone. One night when he was 14 a Dark Keybearer had come to visit to let the world go to darkness. Zed's father tried to stop him but was injured, so Zed took his fathers keyblade and fought the dark wielder, during the fight the dark wielder struck his right knee and he fell but not with out shooting a beam of light from the keyblade he had into the wielder's left eye. The Dark Wielder had promised his return,and retreated. Zed had been training for that day since.

Side characters from Figaro
1: Terra(FF VI); She is a magic caster and trains Zed in magic.
2: Cyan; He helps Zed's father train him in sword play for his key wielding skills.
3: Zeds father need a name for him, former keyblade wielder(Zed now wields his keyblade).
I Will come up with more characters but need to know what you think so far first.

Antagonist
Dark Keyblade wielder; need a name for him I would like suggestions.
Eye color: pale white
Hair: short white spiky hair
Body build: tall, slightly muscular
Personality: Sinister, likes to be evil, and mocks people.
Battle wound: Blind in his left eye because of a blast of light shot by Zed.
Skin tone: pale
Home world: unknown at this time.
Weapon: Dark Keyblade will post design for it.
Fighting Style: Ninja like sword style.
Alignment: Darkness
Background: He is a Dark Keyblade wielder that can summon Heartless (forgot to mention that sorry) that had shown up at Figaro to send it to darkness, But had to flee because of a young keybearer of light wounding him in his left eye. No-one knows of his motives but does work for a higher purpose.

That is all I have for the moment but I hope you all like what I have so far.

Tanner22

Website
www.sd151.k12.id.us
I like the idea of keeping it Sora's story too! I think that if we do choose original characters, they are going to be annoying, and they will be distasteful :/ I don't think there is anything wrong with Sora, and the story was designed around him. Not saying that it can't be new characters, I just think that it would be cool with him. What are you talking about "Aqua has to be there?" Did I miss something? I thought this was taking place after KH2 and Coded? Please please PLEASE don't suggest going into the keyblade wars, I find that so annoying. I think it is better to leave that a mystery. But, it is ok to explain it, but I don't want a game during it, I think that would be lame.

I have designed a character, but he looks like me. The only problem is, he is pretty much like Sora-Brown hair, blue eyes, spiky hair(Except mine is more in a fauxhawk)

Anyways, I don't really know what the story is. I am guessing they just haven't picked on yet. I am excited! I'm not very good at drawing people, but I can draw disney characters and the worlds :3

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
okay so i made a design for both female and male protagonists. as u can see i have not drawn up the clothes and havent given them a story either or a name o.0 haha...its because i dont really wanna waste time on something that doesnt seem legit yano?
(and i suck at giving characters a bg besides their age/height/features etc. so someone can make up a story line for these two?)

ne ways..i wanted to get peoples opinions on my designs, they are roughs but as i said i dont wanna waste time on something that doesnt have a legit look. if it has potential please give me feedback :)

the male character is here. if i were to expand on this one id probably soften his spikes ahaha but this IS a rough :) lol
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/riku_lovr_girl/khcharacterdesignmale.jpg

and this next one is the female
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/riku_lovr_girl/khcharacterdesignfemalecopy.jpg

i would love some feedback (so i will know to draw up more designs or expand more on these concepts) thanxx :)

hopefully antagonist soon? dunno haha

Tanner22

Website
www.sd151.k12.id.us
Personally, I think the guy looks gay. Not meaning that in a criticizing way, I mean like literally homosexual. I think it is his hair, and his skinny girlish face :/

I like the girl design, I just don't like in the back how her hair goes from points to curls. It looks unnatural to have both. Maybe just spikes in the front?

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
Personally, I think the guy looks gay. Not meaning that in a criticizing way, I mean like literally homosexual. I think it is his hair, and his skinny girlish face :/

I like the girl design, I just don't like in the back how her hair goes from points to curls. It looks unnatural to have both. Maybe just spikes in the front?

In all honesty, I really thought so too hahaha
I guess I didn't spend enough time on them, eh oh well back to the drawing boarddd

Thanx for ur input :)

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
i kinda like riku_artist's stuff tho- the eyes and hair is very kh-esque (as the series is now, anyway) and is very detailed.
the only thing i have to say is that the boy is rather too rounded and that the muscels in the neck and shoulders should be more angular. the girl is cute, tho she looks alot like ollette+the farron sisters. (which, personally, is okay, since i liked those 3 characters, but im sure my oppinion means diddily squat to anyone^^) all in all, it looks very good^^

i got more stuff to post later, tho it will have to wait til i get off work >,> i got boy 2, girl 2 and a dark OC antagonist/heartless design too.im also working on making ageru more "manly"-which isnt as fun as it seems...meh, tis life i suppose^^

Awards
I think there should be a due date for the designs and characters and afterwards, a poll to vote for the most favorite one. Just a tip to keep things organized.

Comoman

I think there should be a due date for the designs and characters and afterwards, a poll to vote for the most favorite one. Just a tip to keep things organized.

I agree, otherwise it will never end. We should do that for the story too.

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
Well no I'm definately gunna work on everything else I'm trying to make thing more cleaned up cuz I guess I got too excited by the "character design" thread yano so I felt as if I only had a certain amount of time to complete something.
I've. Made up a couple more characters but its unfair cuz I feel as if nomura has already created so many people its like there's no way to not compare things that we've created to nomuras already amazing character designs so its kinda rough :/

Xenin

Banned
Is it okay if I draw cartoony looking heartless..That's my favorite style and I'm not huge on making KH too too dark. I'd rather it be cartoony in some area's. Sure serious stuff is good but even serious games have silly bits and small parts people look back and laugh about.

Shouldn't we keep the artwork more cartoonish not so realistic and anime, considering these character's will be going to Cartoon worlds? I mean this is just a bit of an idea. I really like the idea that Sora could fit in anywhere due to his cartoonish look...just me maybe

Last edited:

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Well, I wouldn't exactly call anything that's been drawn so far "realistic," and Sora fits in basically nowhere (including Destiny Islands), so...

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
so i came up with a couple other ones.

female:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/riku_lovr_girl/khcharacterdesign2female.jpg

the male i havent had a full concept on, something i was drawing in class (sry i know its messy, please ignore it ;/):
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/riku_lovr_girl/khmalecharacterdesign.jpg

and this next one is just a different variation of the hair (i know its messy, as i said im sry! i was in photoshop and drew over it):
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/riku_lovr_girl/khmalecharacterdesign2.jpg

feedback please, again, would be appreciatedd

Xenin

Banned
Well, I wouldn't exactly call anything that's been drawn so far "realistic," and Sora fits in basically nowhere (including Destiny Islands), so...
Didn't mean realistic..I meant I like more cartoonish then anime look in games..as in American Style catoonish..

Anyone I should bite my own tongue anyway because those new pics Riku...I like them..alot.. Just sayin..If that's meant to be a protagonist I can't wait to see his Keyblade or home island concept art.. no real complaint..But I would like to ask is he meant to be a happier character or more of a serious adult like one?

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
Didn't mean realistic..I meant I like more cartoonish then anime look in games..as in American Style catoonish..

Anyone I should bite my own tongue anyway because those new pics Riku...I like them..alot.. Just sayin..If that's meant to be a protagonist I can't wait to see his Keyblade or home island concept art.. no real complaint..But I would like to ask is he meant to be a happier character or more of a serious adult like one?

Oh thanx :), yeah they're both meant to be protagonists. Um well I haven't really had a whole lot of bg on them but I'm definately gunna start expanding on their stories and things yano hopefully soon haha (and since I have finals and all in school I'm short on time right now ><)

And he's more of a calm guy, not exactly serious but il l build on his character later onn (only if they're legit tho)

Xenin

Banned
Oh thanx :), yeah they're both meant to be protagonists. Um well I haven't really had a whole lot of bg on them but I'm definately gunna start expanding on their stories and things yano hopefully soon haha (and since I have finals and all in school I'm short on time right now ><)

And he's more of a calm guy, not exactly serious but il l build on his character later onn (only if they're legit tho)

Well hey if you need it, I've always been more of a Character concept builder more then story! I would love to bounce some ideas of ya if you wouldn't mind sometime! I like the look and there's alot to be done there story wise if you ask me. And I'm really looking forward to seeing these characters develop story wise and artistically.

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
okay- gonna drop this off before bed-

Spoiler Spoiler Show

i also have edits of ageru and "villian da wise"
Spoiler Spoiler Show

edit-i think im gonna write up some character creation forms for Ageru and maybe one other chara at work tomorrow...

oh, and- how does everyone feel about FF characters taking up more of a serious role? i would really like to see FF side of kh be equal with disney. thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back