• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI makes a KH game! Discussion #2: Characters and Character Design

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greekguy7

For a side Character/Friend
Main Weapon: Bow & Arrow that has properties similar to Keyblade
Field of Expertise: Magic
Will go to any extent to save friend, Prone to anger, big appetite, Very smart.

rikufan06

yey, it's C.D. week!! //happy g00ber :3

ne, is it too soon to post sketches? if so, im just gonna leave it like this:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

critisim is much loved here <3

im leaving this too^^
Character Creation Form
Character Creation Form
Character Creation Form-Blank by ~Yumiko-Shinobi on deviantART
some basic chara creation forms^^

This is too cool, I had something like this in mind.
I say we go with this as the protagonist.
As far as constructive criticism, well I'm sure this is a just a quick draft I guess I say we change the keyblade. Something that looks like something make-shifty sorta-like.
Unfortuntly I'm not a good artist but I'm sure there are other few people who will come up with keyblade designs.

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
Characters

Main Antagonists

Original (KH) Antagonist - I was thinking along the lines of some sort of Sage like man who is a strong believer in the Light of all creatures will triumph the newly introduced Darkness that plagues the worlds. His Light is rather powerful, as he will create creatures with it that don't look malicious but are quite deadly (he doesn't know that he is creating these creatures until late in the story and thinks they are affiliated with the darkness). It will not be revealed that he is the one creating these creatures until around the end of the story. He is actually quite wise and polite, however he 'campaigns' the Disney side of the universe is responsible for the rising Darkness and hence wants to severe the ties. He leads an order of sorts that act as a disciplinary force for Disney creatures and worlds. His obsession to get rid of the darkness will lead him to not only get rid of Disney individuals but FF and KH original people as well who he feels may also be a 'threat' to the (his) universe. His lust for Light has lead him to side with the other more traditional main antagonist. "The brighter the Light, the darker the Shadow."

how's this?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

it's just a quick sketch, but this is what i thought...>///<

This is too cool, I had something like this in mind.
I say we go with this as the protagonist.
As far as constructive criticism, well I'm sure this is a just a quick draft I guess I say we change the keyblade. Something that looks like something make-shifty sorta-like.
Unfortuntly I'm not a good artist but I'm sure there are other few people who will come up with keyblade designs.

*hugs* thank you so much Rikufan <3 the kingdom key is the only keyblade i know how to draw so....yea^^

seconod draft:

[SPOILER="Ageru and koqui!]
khi__s_lets_make_a_kh_gamewip_by_sora_no_haatsu-d3i5pvr.jpg
]
Name: koqui (as in the frog coqui)
Race: Human
Allaiance: light(85%L,15%D)
Weapon: keyblade/beast summoning (heartless, tonberries, moogles, the works <3)
Fight style: speed/magic
Hair: Natually bluenette.
Eyes:gold
[/SPOILER]

so, i fixed the muscel input a bit on ageru-kun, and add a character-koqui^^ i have 2 more main characs, a rival and a sorta master-type chara in the works as well. im not good with beast creation (heartless, nobodies,ect) but i could try, if you ask me nicely. and let me know if there is any disney charas yall want- minus the animal based charas, the humans ones should be a cinch, for the most part^^

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
seconod draft:

[SPOILER="Ageru and koqui!]
khi__s_lets_make_a_kh_gamewip_by_sora_no_haatsu-d3i5pvr.jpg
]
Name: koqui (as in the frog coqui)
Race: Human
Allaiance: light(85%L,15%D)
Weapon: keyblade/beast summoning (heartless, tonberries, moogles, the works <3)
Fight style: speed/magic
Hair: Natually bluenette.
Eyes:gold
[/SPOILER]

so, i fixed the muscel input a bit on ageru-kun, and add a character-koqui^^ i have 2 more main characs, a rival and a sorta master-type chara in the works as well. im not good with beast creation (heartless, nobodies,ect) but i could try, if you ask me nicely. and let me know if there is any disney charas yall want- minus the animal based charas, the humans ones should be a cinch, for the most part^^
More muscles pl0x. Like, 2-3 times as much.
Ageru is still very, in the words of Silverslide, twiggy. He still looks very fragile to me.

Though not having seen your drawings, it might just be your style? ^^

FormMaster715

yey, it's C.D. week!! //happy g00ber :3

ne, is it too soon to post sketches? if so, im just gonna leave it like this:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

critisim is much loved here <3

im leaving this too^^
Character Creation Form
Character Creation Form
Character Creation Form-Blank by ~Yumiko-Shinobi on deviantART
some basic chara creation forms^^

Although the image itself is a bit rough and his clothes could use a bit more flair, I love the way you designed this character! This would be a great protagonist for a completely new KH game! Keep the core design of the character, but let's modify his style to match the world itself. I saw someone mention that the world should be in a Victorian steampunk style; maybe you could modify his clothes to match that sort of style? I also liked the pencil sketches of the Heartless!

So far, there are some good ideas flowing! But let's develop more characters! How about a rival to Ageru, and possibly a female character like the one Relix mentioned?

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;
Dude... Max!

Can we have Max? I remember posting a KH-style Max before. Didn't draw it but the idea of Max tagging alongside the protagonist is kinda awesome.

Edit: Oh. Here it is.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
how's this?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

it's just a quick sketch, but this is what i thought...>///<

You drew that up pretty quick ^^ I like it. However, I envisioned him to be a little bit older (perhaps add some facial hair to him?) to give him a sort of look of authority to him. One of his striking features would be his authority. Being able to get people to obey him with little effort.

Dude... Max!

Can we have Max? I remember posting a KH-style Max before. Didn't draw it but the idea of Max tagging alongside the protagonist is kinda awesome.

That actually a pretty awesome idea and I'm loving that pic you posted. Now that's pretty awesome.

FormMaster715 said:
Although the image itself is a bit rough and his clothes could use a bit more flair, I love the way you designed this character! This would be a great protagonist for a completely new KH game! Keep the core design of the character, but let's modify his style to match the world itself. I saw someone mention that the world should be in a Victorian steampunk style; maybe you could modify his clothes to match that sort of style? I also liked the pencil sketches of the Heartless!

Along with this and what others have said, I love your overall design kingudamu but if you add some muscle to him and detail his clothing a bit more I think we'll have a keeper :)

Wahm-bulence

I Agree! ^
I love the drawing of the protagonist, as for the girl... is it possible she is too colorful? Even for Disney?
She's a little young too, I think it'd be better if she was closer in age to the main character, but that is just my opinion ;D

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
Dude... Max!

yes...yes! THIS!^^^^^
i hail to that artist, for that artist's work is shear kickassary <3 <3 <3
i would love to have max in the new game- we just need to figuare out where to stick him xD

So far, there are some good ideas flowing! But let's develop more characters! How about a rival to Ageru, and possibly a female character like the one Relix mentioned?
thx for the critique ^^ steampunk, huh? (it's gotten really popular recently, huh?) i suppose- ive been meaning to learn how to do steampunk for my friend for a while (things like gears, goggles, tophats[hats are evil><]ectect) i have some more characters in the works, ill try to post them later after work ^^

You drew that up pretty quick ^^ I like it. However, I envisioned him to be a little bit older (perhaps add some facial hair to him?) to give him a sort of look of authority to him. One of his striking features would be his authority. Being able to get people to obey him with little effort.

That actually a pretty awesome idea and I'm loving that pic you posted. Now that's pretty awesome.

Along with this and what others have said, I love your overall design kingudamu but if you add some muscle to him and detail his clothing a bit more I think we'll have a keeper :)

thx^^ actually- this was maybe the 2-3rd time ive drawn an old person...i wasnt sure where to put wrinkles and such ( i know eyebags, cheeckbone and "worry" wrinkles and thats about it.) he actually had more wrinkles to begin with, but i deleted it because it looked werid....>,>
but does anyone know a good name for him, or clothes style? im at my limit with him, my specialty is younger characters so....help?lols

unfortently, that's kinda my style (talking about Ageru now). my knowledge how "guy" anatomy is kinda limited and not alot of tuts on the net help much. more detail to the clothes i can do, but im afried if i add more muscel, he'll become really unporportioned. ill see what i can do tho- be patient with me?

also, if you or anyone else has any suggestions on clothes design, please pass it along- im about a inept in fashion as mr brown in tights><

I Agree! ^
I love the drawing of the protagonist, as for the girl... is it possible she is too colorful? Even for Disney?
She's a little young too, I think it'd be better if she was closer in age to the main character, but that is just my opinion ;D

Koqui: eh?Wahm no like Koqui, kero-kero? but koqui is so fluffy-kero....

Im sorry- that's been stuck in my head since i read that and i had to post itT^T...

regarding her age, i wanted a character that ageru (and the other yet-to-be-named protagontist) would want to protect, regardless of there alliance.kinda like kairi, but better (she can fight^^) also, i kinda wanted a wide range of age groups for kingdom hearts for a while know (im i the only one who notice that most of the major trios are all 14-16? minus axel?)
as for her coloring- she's an eccentric character and i wanted to make sure everyone got that (ever seen a littile kid high on suger? yea, that koqui x5)

i can see what your saying tho- so i might make her 14, tops. i kinda dont want her to be any older than that, cause then, she'll seem more "retarded" than "hyperactive".

ugh im so werid, going of on a tangent over a kid that technically doesnt exsit...

but, seriously, send me some suggestions if you'd like. im gonna change up ageru after i post boy2 and girl 2, so hopefully it will be a bit better. i might also change up the old man as well. but not now- it's 3am on my side of the universe so im gonna shut up now^^

rikufan06

scan0004.jpg

I tried my own character design but i fail.
I thought maybe this could be an antagonist.
ok so maybe they are not so original.
its hard to think of an original antagonist with xehanort in mind

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;
Looks like Saïx. :/

And I agree with the protagonist being female. I want to see her mature from a bratthish and somewhat fearful kid into a mature and courageous young woman.

Also, I kinda want some elder person to be―I guess a mentor figure to her. An original character who has exhaustive experience with the keybalde and was, at one point in time, on the verge of becoming a master, but made a conscious decision and choice to refuse that honor. (He probably gives ownership of the keyblade to the protagonist)

I want a subplot where he is on a journey of his own―a sorta journey to enlightenment. Whenever he absolutely needs to use a keyblade he would make one from his own heart―keychain-less―which would put him at some risk. Probably in good relations with Mickey and Yen Sid.

yes...yes! THIS!^^^^^
i hail to that artist, for that artist's work is shear kickassary <3 <3 <3
i would love to have max in the new game- we just need to figuare out where to stick him xD

I mentioned him being a "squire" in that old post. :p

A squire was originally a young man who aspired to the rank of knighthood. As part of his development to that end, he served an existing knight as an attendant or shield carrier. The squire would sometimes carry the knight's flag to battle with his master. If he proved his loyalty in battle, he would have a dubbing, an official ceremony to become a knight.

It would be his duty to accompany and protect the protagonist―doing so would make him a bona-fide knight which he wants(?). I could see him bickering with the protagonist from time to time due to their personalities, which would be nice. Conflict builds character.

Awards
Lumin - KHI Character by ~KH-XIII on deviantART
Lumin-1.jpg

Name: Lumin (derived from the word "Luminous" meaning light)
Sex: Male
How old they appear: 15
Eye Color: Yellow
Hair color: Dark Brown
Weight and height: 129 lbs. 5'2"
Type of body (build): Average
Skin tone: Light Tan (comparable to Sora's)
Predominant feature: Hair
Homeworld: Castle Oblivion - Post KH storyline
Weapon: Kingdom Key (currently), Memory Cards
Quick Description: He was abandoned by his parents inside the white interior of the castle and was later found by a passerby. It is unknown whether or not his parents made it out of the castle as no traces were found aside from cards shaped like crowns that laid beside him.

Last edited:

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
stoked, cant wait to git drawing.

so on the main character- should it be female or male ya think?

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
okay so female, i was looking through the thread and some people were saying female as well. did they decide on what age like 15-18? or something?

Comoman

I don't think anything has really been decided yet. So do what ever you want.

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
preferable both- so that the player has a choice in character^^

haha i was thinking the exact same thing kinda like a pokemon/BBS route.
but the other female or male character (not chosen by the player) would still be involved in the storyline as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back