• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 was censored?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony12KH

really?... Did he have a design of his earlier outfit? Oh wait I think I know what your talking about. your talking about her having her back shown a lot more?

Yes. You can just google it if you dont remember.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was just that her back was almost completely exposed. Which I mean even so, it's a back. Is it really that bad to see a back? No. Ariel wears nothing but a seashell bra, so how is this worse?

Exactly. In Disney's eyes, it would look kind of sexual(then again, Disney has some of their characters dressed the same way). Its one of those things that has to do with context i suppose. You go to a beach, you wear a bikini. You go to a beach in a bra and panties, call the police for disturbing the peace.

rufusisaghost

Yes. You can just google it if you dont remember.

Exactly. In Disney's eyes, it would look kind of sexual(then again, Disney has some of their characters dressed the same way). Its one of those things that has to do with context i suppose. You go to a beach, you wear a bikini. You go to a beach in a bra and panties, call the police for disturbing the peace.

Disney is not allowed to say ANYTHING about a character being too sexual. Did they just forget about Jessica Rabbit or something? Or when Jasmin did that sexy motion down her body gesture to Jafar?

Pestilence

Awards
Heres hoping 2.5 will be uncensored. I don't expect it tho since they probably will get away much easier by just putting the censored stuff in and nobody really cares.

Not that it makes much sense tho. We already got uncensored Xigbar sniper in DDD and guns in KH1 anyway.

rufusisaghost

Heres hoping 2.5 will be uncensored. I don't expect it tho since they probably will get away much easier by just putting the censored stuff in and nobody really cares.

Not that it makes much sense tho. We already got uncensored Xigbar sniper in DDD and guns in KH1 anyway.

I'm pretty sure it will go uncensored? I thought the first game was the original too. I'm not 100% sure on that though.
I swear though if it's not uncensored I'm going to have a fit =_=

Anthony12KH

Disney is not allowed to say ANYTHING about a character being too sexual. Did they just forget about Jessica Rabbit or something? Or when Jasmin did that sexy motion down her body gesture to Jafar?

lol You just reminded me of Jessica Rabbits nude slip. Disney can be so biased at times. I just want Aqua in her original outfit.

KHRULER

Awards
They even cut out a part in Axel's death in the American version.Tbh, the Japanese version wasn't even graphic imo.

MegaCore5

Awards
They even cut out a part in Axel's death in the American version.Tbh, the Japanese version wasn't even graphic imo.
IKR?! I saw the Japanese video today and the only thing that cutscene is guilty of is having a sick look to it! Axel deserves the most epic death ever and they dulled it down for us because they didn't know if we could handle that much awesome!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Disney is NOT to blame for the censorship, if that had been the case they wouldn't have been uncensored in the Japanese versions to begin with, knuckleheads. Now, they probably did want Square to change things but that was mostly because of the ESRB. Disney doesn't run that, you know.

Nomura wasn't asked by Disney to change Aqua's back either, he did it himself. In some of the earliest footage, I don't recall it having that plunging backline, so he probably decided to try it back to the earlier design. Having Aqua's back look like that made no sense anyway, he probably realized that. Disney asked them to make changes like taking the dwarfs hats off at Snow White's funeral and clearing up some confusing concepts. Not quite the same.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Does anyone remember when Axel said Hell in the original Chain of Memories? I'm surprised that got by but some of this other stuff didn't.

MegaCore5

Awards
Does anyone remember when Axel said Hell in the original Chain of Memories? I'm surprised that got by but some of this other stuff didn't.
Well there is speculation on whether or not that is actually a swear word (but I don't want to go too deep into that discussion) but I remember TWEWY to have lot of swearing especially from Beat.

Max

Staff member
Awards
TWEWY was also rated T though wasn't it?

And I think it's the context of how hell is used. I believe he said something along the lines of "give me one hell of a show". He didn't end up saying this in Re:CoM

MegaCore5

Awards
TWEWY was also rated T though wasn't it?

And I think it's the context of how hell is used. I believe he said something along the lines of "give me one hell of a show". He didn't end up saying this in Re:CoM
maybe this was to be censored in the RE: version but I think the script was rewrote a bit so maybe Nomura just felt there was no point in having Axel say that :/

Max

Staff member
Awards
I mean it doesn't really bother me if he says it either way, I would just think that'd be a bigger deal than Hydra goo

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Not only did that happen, but Maleficent says hell (in the literal sense) in Birth by Sleep and Sam Flynn says hell in the cursing sense in DDD which is the most recent installation in the series, and both of them are Disney characters and said those respective lines in their original films.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

To me it seems less like censorship and more like Axel being calm in the re:com version.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
To me it seems less like censorship and more like Axel being calm in the re:com version.
The "Give me one hell of a show" line made Axel come off a little psycho to me.
I always preferred his "Don't you go off and die on me now" line. Sounds more Axel-y.

Pestilence

Awards
The "Give me one hell of a show" line made Axel come off a little psycho to me.
I always preferred his "Don't you go off and die on me now" line. Sounds more Axel-y.

I preferred original CoM Axel before they changed him into a different person in KH2 and beyond lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well there is speculation on whether or not that is actually a swear word (but I don't want to go too deep into that discussion) but I remember TWEWY to have lot of swearing especially from Beat.

TWEWY was rated T so swearing wouldn't have been cut.

Hell is used multiple times in the series. Axel uses it in CoM before his character makeover, and Maleficent says it in Birth By Sleep before she transforms into a dragon. Sam says it too in KH3D.

Words like hell and damn aren't really considered bad unless used specifically for swearing and are fine in E10+ games.

Yes, besides the fact Axel had a huge character makeover from his CoM incarnation to how they imagined him to be in KH2 and beyond, Re:CoM also had a new scrip and translation to fit the lip movements & new information in the series.

Every time hell has been used in this series has been in a phrase or in the context of how it was used in the film. So you are definitely right.

(But we didn't have Jiminy say jackass and that was a loss for sure. He says jackamules)

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
(But we didn't have Jiminey say jackass and that was a loss for sure. He sack jackamules)
He can even say it on Disney Jr. So it's okay for 5 year olds to hear the word jackass, but not the teens-20 somethings who make up the majority, apparently. I'm so confused.
Jackamules doesn't even make sense.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I honestly never noticed that Kh2 was censored. Maybe that's cause i thought that the script that they used was the original one and not edited. Though, i guess it makes sense for it to be censored since JAck Sparrow would have cursed if it had not been censored. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back