• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 was censored?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Well, the world changes pretty quickly, so the same rules don't apply to every generation. But people WANT them to, so kids have to find a way around it. I think censorship is good, but not ALWAYS necessary. But the green blood was kinda overkill, so I'm happy with smoke. It makes sense, and is less gross XD

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Unless your looking for them, they are not noticeable. Unlike some anime that were censored, they had the development team in Japan redo the scenes.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, the world changes pretty quickly, so the same rules don't apply to every generation. But people WANT them to, so kids have to find a way around it. I think censorship is good, but not ALWAYS necessary. But the green blood was kinda overkill, so I'm happy with smoke. It makes sense, and is less gross XD

I've said this is my report, it;s only good when it's needed, not unneeded. Most of the stuff happens so fast, it's not that big of a deal. I mever got the smoke.

MegaCore5

Awards
Censorship is just a serious THING. Oftentimes I wonder how cartoons like Regular Show get away with things, but as soon as an anime or game comes out, they go ballistic.
A lot of that stuff has to do with politics and such. I remember Hillary Clinton wanted to remove GTA a from the market if she was elected forSenator or whatever the heck it was.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
What I don't understand is when people blame games for bad behavior. There are DOZENS of factors in a child's life that can lead to violence, and saying that video games are a major cause...? They might as well just stop making movies, not let the kids have friends, and never let them play outside.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What I don't understand is when people blame games for bad behavior. There are DOZENS of factors in a child's life that can lead to violence, and saying that video games are a major cause...? They might as well just stop making movies, not let the kids have friends, and never let them play outside.

Well that's one of my topic I did on Censorship. Sure kids watch music videoes and then they want to be like those rappers, but Video Games does create problems... Unless you're the Columbine massacre.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
But that's MY point. Video games make problems. Movies do. TV does. Heck, the NEWS messes people up, and don't get me started on those horrifying videos from driving school.

People are exposed to culture every day. It's up to those AROUND them to filter that culture. So some censorship is needed.

But...when do you decide when to stop? Gray area.

MegaCore5

Awards
But that's MY point. Video games make problems. Movies do. TV does. Heck, the NEWS messes people up, and don't get me started on those horrifying videos from driving school.

People are exposed to culture every day. It's up to those AROUND them to filter that culture. So some censorship is needed.

But...when do you decide when to stop? Gray area.
that's one thing wrong with the media is that it is corrupt and when someone who is really young is influenced by it it can change their behavior for the worst. There was an article that was about some kid right away from home and he blames his running away from home because of what he saw in GTA... It's a shame that stuff like this happens that is why ESRB racks down hard to make sure parents are warned that a game might be too violent for the child.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
They censored Axel's "death" scene too, in the Japanese version you briefly see Axel burning out in flames as he lies on the ground, right after his suicide attack.
It's not incredibly obvious and didn't really need to be censored, in my opinion.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Well, ya know...a lot of this stuff ALSO has to do with poor parenting. People can't discipline their kids the same way anymore (understandable, but...) and they just decide NOT to. Act poorly in a store? Well, this lollipop will shut you up.
Things like that...I dunno. It's so lazy. Both sides need to work hard to become good people.

Aaaaaand, this is a pretty serious topic. I'm gonna not touch it anymore before I start ranting ^_^'

But censorship in video games isn't really BAD, it just annoys a lot of people who notice it. Not really a big deal.

MegaCore5

Awards
They censored Axel's "death" scene too, in the Japanese version you briefly see Axel burning out in flames as he lies on the ground, right after his suicide attack.
It's not incredibly obvious and didn't really need to be censored, in my opinion.
I don't only one that thinks that, that death would have been super awesome compared to the American censored death scene? Flames gushing out his body is the coolest thing ever in my opinion!

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I've never seen it, so I can't really say I liked it more...
But, although cool, it would be kinda unnecessary. I mean other than visual flare, we don't get anything from it.

But then again...Why censor it? It doesn't SOUND like it was graphic. CGI fire is less than terrifying.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But, although cool, it would be kinda unnecessary. I mean other than visual flare, we don't get anything from it.

But then again...Why censor it? It doesn't SOUND like it was graphic. CGI fire is less than terrifying.

It wasn't as graphic as you think,, Axel really wanted to kill himself to help Sora.

MegaCore5

Awards

The reason why it was censored was because little kids might think that CGI fire is terrifying. This goes the same for green blood with hydra. Kingdom hearts is a game that is supported by a wide variety of fans so they have to be careful what content goes on their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back