• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 was censored?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The term is actually "crosshairs". In the Japanese version, the crosshairs are in the shape of a plus, just like what you would see through a scope of a sniper rifle in FPS games. In the localised English version, they have been changed into three revolving circles.

Xigbar_gun_comparison.jpg

Image taken from KH wikia for comparison purposes. And note how Xigbar combines his guns into a sniper rifle in the Japanese version, but doesn't in the English one.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
The term is actually "crosshairs". In the Japanese version, the crosshairs are in the shape of a plus, just like what you would see through a scope of a sniper rifle in FPS games. In the localised English version, they have been changed into three revolving circles.
Ok! Yeah, I was confused, trying to imagine a triangular trigger...But how is that so different? Wouldn't it have been better to just not have the crosshairs at all? I mean, they could've edited the shot I suppose...But the whole "sniper sight" thing is still blatantly obvious. It didn't hide it hardly at all.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Xigbar_gun_comparison.jpg

Image taken from KH wikia for comparison purposes. And note how Xigbar combines his guns into a sniper rifle in the Japanese version, but doesn't in the English one.

That's better, that explains the change better. Thank you.

kmorris2609

I never understood why the game need an E10+ rating for such minor things in the first place. With Hydra, it's not like green blood would exactly have a disturbing factor for young players. And the "alcohol and blood" that were supposed to be present in Port Royale were only on screen for a second at most. American censors were overreacting, in my opinion.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I never understood why the game need an E10+ rating for such minor things in the first place. With Hydra, it's not like green blood would exactly have a disturbing factor for young players. And the "alcohol and blood" that were supposed to be present in Port Royale were only on screen for a second at most. American censors were overreacting, in my opinion.

As we discussed, the rating broad was a bit wonky at the time, this game was first to recive the new E10+ rating.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
isnt the ESRB more tighter now than usual though? For example for the super smash brothers brawl game I was surprised to find out that it was for T for teens instead of E like it was in Melee. I assume the rating for SSB 4 will be the same as it was in brawl.

Super Smash Bros Brawl was released in 2008. That was an eternity ago, and still the same period when they were pretty super uptight.

Overall they are all still really anal about rating games, but in 2014 it is hardly the same atmosphere as it was in 2005-2009, especially because the industry and its standard have changed a lot in that period of time.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Super Smash Bros Brawl was released in 2008. That was an eternity ago, and still the same period when they were pretty super uptight.

Overall they are all still really anal about rating games, but in 2014 it is hardly the same atmosphere as it was in 2005-2009, especially because the industry and its standard have changed a lot in that period of time.

That's true. I wonder if I noticed it less because this is the time when I'm really paying attention?
I feel like censorship was big because of the rise of the family-friendly Wii.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Keep in mind, for a very brief period of time kingdom hearts II was listed with a T rating before they changed it to E10+ with the implementation of the censored bits.

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
Back then, I could never figure out where in Kingdom hearts 2 would be use of alcohol. I always assumed it had something to do with the Final Fantasy Characters, like you would meet Cloud, Tifa, Leon and meet them at the bar and they're drinking or something x'D Then I thought about Pirates of the Caribbean and watched the cutscenes til I saw Barbossa chugging that wine xD

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Back then, I could never figure out where in Kingdom hearts 2 would be use of alcohol. I always assumed it had something to do with the Final Fantasy Characters, like you would meet Cloud, Tifa, Leon and them at the bar and they're drinking or something x'D Then I thought about Pirates of the Caribbean and watched the cutscenes til I saw Barbossa chugging that wine xD
B-but...that was fruit punch, wasn't it?!?!
Oh no! My mind must be in default censorship mode! X3

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards

Experience Axel's death in its fiery glory.
See it's barely noticeable.

rufusisaghost

I do not think it is justified. Everyone is worried about what kids can and can't handle in America, like they think they are babies who can't take anything. Kids see a lot worse than green blood and a few sparks on a man as he dies, just flipping through tv channels or what they read or hear in school, and they are fine. We need to stop babying. I blame Disney, mostly.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I honestly hate censorship like this. Like when they pulled that stupid stunt with the mirror in BBS. I simply don't see anything wrong with the way these things originally were.

MegaCore5

Awards
I honestly hate censorship like this. Like when they pulled that stupid stunt with the mirror in BBS. I simply don't see anything wrong with the way these things originally were.
Then again it does not make too big of a deal. At least they did not censor anything too important like bits and pieces of the actual storyline being altered. That would just suck.

Anthony12KH

Agreed. I hate censorship, which is why if the original version is available for me to get, I'll buy that instead. But it was ok for them to show Jane's panties in KH1 and Kairi's panties in KH2. Though, Nomura did change Aqua's original outfit because he thought Disney might disapprove.

MegaCore5

Awards
Agreed. I hate censorship, which is why if the original version is available for me to get, I'll buy that instead. But it was ok for them to show Jane's panties in KH1 and Kairi's panties in KH2. Though, Nomura did change Aqua's original outfit because he thought Disney might disapprove.
really?... Did he have a design of his earlier outfit? Oh wait I think I know what your talking about. your talking about her having her back shown a lot more?

rufusisaghost

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was just that her back was almost completely exposed. Which I mean even so, it's a back. Is it really that bad to see a back? No. Ariel wears nothing but a seashell bra, so how is this worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back