• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Final Mix Re-Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

man of oblivion

So Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is being re released in Japan, but what is the use of that? If they wanted to re-release it, then why not release a worldwide version. I know that KH Final Mix and KH2 Final Mix are both Japanese only games, but what is the use of a re-release if it only benefits the Japanese, or not benefit at all?

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
It's supposed to be re-released as an Ultimate Hits game, both it and KH2, but FM+ is still staying in Japan. There's really no difference in the re-release.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
kingdom hearts ii: final mix is going to be re-released with a lower price because the game has been around for a long time.

man of oblivion

But why would you re-release it just to lower the price for the japanese and leave everyone else who didn't already import it left out? I know that I could import it, use swap magic and all that, but since I never played com on the game boy advanced I just wish that I could play it in english instead of Japanese. I know that KH2 Final mix is in japanese with english voice acting. However, I just wish that they could release it worldwide where everyone could play it even though it will never happen.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
A worldwide release isn't going to happen. The re-release is just like everyone else mentioned, a Greatest Hits version at a lower price.

Axel Ryman

The Puppy ?Jester?
But why would you re-release it just to lower the price for the japanese and leave everyone else who didn't already import it left out? I know that I could import it, use swap magic and all that, but since I never played com on the game boy advanced I just wish that I could play it in english instead of Japanese. I know that KH2 Final mix is in japanese with english voice acting. However, I just wish that they could release it worldwide where everyone could play it even though it will never happen.

American games become Player's Choice/Greatest Hits games and get a lower price. Why not ask about that as well?

anyway. Seriously its S-E's choice. They don't have to, and its probably better they don't as they would lose moneyNot many people by re-releases of games.

sora_freak12

Exactly! Remember, KH was a success everywhere, so why does Japan get all that special treatment, with the final mixes? This really has me POed. I'm starting to think Square is racist or something. Oh, sure, all the japanese people get the awesome final mixes, but apparently we don't care? I wanna slap all those executives-maybe even Nomura! I just really like KH and seeing that most of the voice acting is already done, all they would have to do is change the Japanese symbols in game ( for commands and room titles. etc.) to English, again most of which is already done!It just seems unfair that they get a re-release when we don't even have the original FM or FM+! We're big fans too, ya know!

man of oblivion

Thats what I was trying to say. I know that they won't release it worldwide, and we could just import it, but some people don't enjoy playing games that they can't understand. That's all im saying.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Exactly! Remember, KH was a success everywhere, so why does Japan get all that special treatment, with the final mixes? This really has me POed. I'm starting to think Square is racist or something. Oh, sure, all the japanese people get the awesome final mixes, but apparently we don't care? I wanna slap all those executives-maybe even Nomura! I just really like KH and seeing that most of the voice acting is already done, all they would have to do is change the Japanese symbols in game ( for commands and room titles. etc.) to English, again most of which is already done!It just seems unfair that they get a re-release when we don't even have the original FM or FM+! We're big fans too, ya know!

Haha! this made me laugh! its such a stupid thought! I mean seriously T_T "racist"?! its all about the money dude! and profit and what not! sure everyone at this site would buy it! and maybe a few thousand more! but the cost that it would take to re-voice it and the export-import cost could make them lose instead of gain profit... and trust me its not as easy as switching "symbols"... also i forgot to say Japan isnt special! maybe its just the fact that Nomura is japanese! and he and the square enix company live there!

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
actually most people on this site wouldn't care if there were japanese voices and text. they just want to get their hands on it without having to buy swap magic and pay a ton just to get the game.

sora_freak12

Haha! this made me laugh! its such a stupid thought! I mean seriously T_T "racist"?! its all about the money dude! and profit and what not! sure everyone at this site would buy it! and maybe a few thousand more! but the cost that it would take to re-voice it and the export-import cost could make them lose instead of gain profit... and trust me its not as easy as switching "symbols"... also i forgot to say Japan isnt special! maybe its just the fact that Nomura is japanese! and he and the square enix company live there!

Oh, hehe...did i make you laugh? I wasn't trying to be funny! Yes, clearly it's all about money, (what isn't in today's society?) but come on! Sure, treating Japanese players to perhaps a little extra treat is fine...but giving them an exclusive game that only they'll completely understand is...:angry:

And that racist comment? Just a joke about how only the japanese get the whole friggin FM+, you :cursing:!!! And it's also about convenience to me - sure, I could get swap magic, and import it, etc. But why import a game and get swap magic just to play a game that has text i can't read? Overall, that's why I'm angry. The only way to play FM+ is to import it and spend more $$ on swap magic. SO once you're all done, you've spent a LOT of cash, and the result? A game that has mostly japanese in it! Convenience and equality is something that isn't found a whole lot in today's world. Especially in the business aspect.

by the way, X_Marluxia_X, even if it IS just because Nomura and Square are from Japan, that still isn't a very solid reason. If it were made in america, guess what? Japanese and Europe would be angry at us! And if it was in Europe? Japan and America would be angry! It's all about having equal privileges, convenience, equality, blah blah blah...

Sora RE+Mixed

You should still buy Final Mix. I got it. but u need to buy swap magic. This will let you play it without the need of a japanese/asian ps2. My uncle surprised me with both and its really awsome.(The roxas fight is to easy). Maybe if we buy it enough Japan will consider sending it over....Cmon...Cmon

man of oblivion

Oh, hehe...did i make you laugh? I wasn't trying to be funny! Yes, clearly it's all about money, (what isn't in today's society?) but come on! Sure, treating Japanese players to perhaps a little extra treat is fine...but giving them an exclusive game that only they'll completely understand is...:angry:

And that racist comment? Just a joke about how only the japanese get the whole friggin FM+, you :cursing:!!! And it's also about convenience to me - sure, I could get swap magic, and import it, etc. But why import a game and get swap magic just to play a game that has text i can't read? Overall, that's why I'm angry. The only way to play FM+ is to import it and spend more $$ on swap magic. SO once you're all done, you've spent a LOT of cash, and the result? A game that has mostly japanese in it! Convenience and equality is something that isn't found a whole lot in today's world. Especially in the business aspect.

by the way, X_Marluxia_X, even if it IS just because Nomura and Square are from Japan, that still isn't a very solid reason. If it were made in america, guess what? Japanese and Europe would be angry at us! And if it was in Europe? Japan and America would be angry! It's all about having equal privileges, convenience, equality, blah blah blah...

I totally agree with you. What else is there to say?

IDX Rider

It's not like they're re-releasing it as a a revamped version of it. It's just their version of our "greatest hits". And all new GH games start at $19.99USD. Would you rather spend $50USD for a game or the $20USD for the GH version?

And Sorafreak, swap magic does more than just play imports; it can play burned games as well. Wanna know where I got most of my PS2 games? I downloaded them, burned them to either CD-R or DVD-R and used Swap Magic to play them.

man of oblivion

I understand that it is just like our "greatest hits", but do the games that we put on "greatest hits" sell worldwide? My guess is that they lower the prices so worldwide people can enjoy the game at a more affordable price. However, how come they can't do that with the KH2 Final Mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back