• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH for the PS Vita?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronove

I'm all for it. The Vita is as much money as the 3DS, and it blows it out of the water(Or should I say Aqua?).

StVen

PS Vita actually cuts some of its specs to battle 3DS on pricing though it didn't really affect the performance. And I would say KH on PS Vita is a must.

Ronove

Judging by the cross compatibility between Vita and PS3, odds are, if BBSV2 is made for Vita, it will also be on PS3.

Well, I don't know if it will HAVE to be on the PS3(seeing as BBS didn't get a PS3 remaster), but I would love a full out Kingdom Hearts game set in the ROD. There's just so much to do there, so much stuff they could expand on. I hope we get news on it soon.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I fail to see how the second analog stick would make that much of a difference. It's true the PS2 has two of those but out of the games released so far, only 2 out of the 6 released (ignoring Re:CoM but pray tell - how was that analog stick used in that game?) bothered with it at all, when the first KH game used it to duplicate the D-Pad.
So we have, effectively - one game that gave it much importance. I dare say that at this point the L-R buttons reign supreme, seconded by the touch screen given Re:Coded and Days' utilization of it.

yeah i'm sorry but i have to disagree

1. using touch screens or L and R buttons (well mostly a touch screen) is hideously uncomfortable

2. Only 2 of the six released used them because they were the only consoles that had them; they were also the main games, and that was my point, because all the other games are attempting to emulate those two

3. you're also ignoring the fact that KH2 had the best camera because, yes, it used the second analog stick

really, right analog stick for camera controls is pretty much the standard for most 3d games

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't like the touch screen stuff. As long as there is the option to use buttons instead of the touch screen feature I'll be okay.

State

Awards
If anything, they should release an HD collection of KH, Re: CoM, and II for the PS3 and Vita, where you can transfer your save file and continue on-the-go.

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
All for it. After seeing how Uncharted got around the limited controls by using the touch screen, touch pad, and gyro sensor? A KH game would have great controls, better than we saw on BBS and Days.

I agree but if one isnt in development already i say just focus on KH3 then after thats done im all for KH on the Vita. I cant wait to get one, it thought it was going to be like $500 its pretty cheap for $250 screw the 3DS and their mediocre graphics.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Like I said before, that was only available in KHII. The right analog stick was a D-Pad clone in the first game :I

Doesn't matter. Using the D-Pad to scroll through the menu was annoying because it made it difficult to keep moving around in battle. Same problem in BBS.

I'm all for it being on the Vita. I've pretty much resolved to buy the 3G version at launch should there be no problems with the first batch out.

Damn...I'm buying the Sony handheld at launch, but not the Nintendo one...never thought I'd see the day.

State

Awards
I'm all for it being on the Vita. I've pretty much resolved to buy the 3G version at launch should there be no problems with the first batch out.

inb4sonyrevealingplaystationvita4g

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Like I said before, that was only available in KHII. The right analog stick was a D-Pad clone in the first game :I

Actually, the first game used the L2 and R2 buttons.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
I fail to see how the second analog stick would make that much of a difference. It's true the PS2 has two of those but out of the games released so far, only 2 out of the 6 released (ignoring Re:CoM but pray tell - how was that analog stick used in that game?) bothered with it at all, when the first KH game used it to duplicate the D-Pad.
So we have, effectively - one game that gave it much importance. I dare say that at this point the L-R buttons reign supreme, seconded by the touch screen given Re:Coded and Days' utilization of it.

the games that didnt have a second analog stick were all terrible, except chain of memories. coincidence? prolly yeah haha, no. why do you even exist, bro.

State

Awards
If anything, they should release an HD collection of KH, Re: CoM, and II for the PS3 and Vita, where you can transfer your save file and continue on-the-go.

I want to know if my idea is good (which I think it is, seeing as how Kojima is doing the same for the MGS HD collection).

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I think putting PS Vita could potentially make for an even better control setup than KH2, for one reason -- lock-ons.

With any of the various SNES-descended buttons-and-sticks style controllers, you automatically lock on to enemies, and you're allowed to cycle through them (with various degrees of convenience, depending on the system). With the main screen being a touch-screen, however, you can immediately lock on to any enemy you want, whether they're the closest enemy to you or not. Another possible improvement is the ability to modify the lock-ons to aim ahead of the enemy to make it possible to hit moving enemies with non-homing attacks/too-slow homing attacks by predicting their movements.

If they brought them back, of course, Shotlocks/(coded-style)Finishers could be really fun with a multi-touch screen, too. Imagine Okamiden-style spell tracing for a magic-based Shotlock, raining fireballs from the sky with the touchscreen, hitting the back-touch to make pillars rise from the ground, or sending enemies careening around the screen like pinballs by pulling them and letting them go. (Even a "shake the system to create an earthquake" thing could be neat) It'd be complete gimmickry, of course, but Shotlocks always were gimmicks, so they might as well play that up. ;)

Dual-analog sticks are, of course, awesome and should be standard on any system that intends to have you running around a 3D environment. But that's not necessarily the be-all and end-all of the possibilities on the system.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Yeah my main problem is I find using a touch screen in action heavy game like KH to be awkward and bumbling. Unless the entire game can be controlled with the touch screen ala TWEWY, it's probably not too wieldy as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

WaveK89

I'd prefer any touch screen features be toward non-action times and places. Menu's, puzzles, platforming, etc. Still, I'm all for it to be on the Vita just as I am for the PSP.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Didn't they say there was the option of using the touch screen instead of the Square button for things in that one demo? Because giving the option to do either is a wonderful idea; forcing us to use the touch screen is a bit drastic and lessens my opinion of the Vita. -crosses fingers for option-

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Yeah my main problem is I find using a touch screen in action heavy game like KH to be awkward and bumbling. Unless the entire game can be controlled with the touch screen ala TWEWY, it's probably not too wieldy as far as I'm concerned.

I mean, not for anything action heavy. It could be for like scrolling down on the menu screen for like attack, magic, items etc

uncharted used the touch screen for more physical things when i think for kh it would be for things that could free up button usage like the d-pad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back