• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH:DDD - Sora and Riku's age / KH2: Roxas' age

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgizzles45

It seems that Sora stayed the same age as he was in Kingdom Hearts 1 and Riku stayed the same as he was at the end of Kingdom Hearts II. What happened? When this Mark of the Mastery test ends, will they age even more when they get out of the Realm of Dream, or will they remain the same just as Aqua in the Realm of Darkness?

Also, why do people assume that Nobodies don't age? Roxas seems to be on par with Sora in terms of age at the end of Kingdom Hearts II. Shouldn't Roxas look a year younger than Sora (be on the same level as Kingdom Hearts 1 Sora) since he was born during the events of Kingdom Hearts 1? I think Nomura said this in one of his interviews, but that doesn't explain why Ienzo aged as a Nobody.

Arkrend

Sora and Riku are their normal age in the beginning on Dream Drop Distance. When they find themselves in the Realm of Sleep they become young again. I think this is meant to symbolize them being "retaught" the right way. I don't think they will literally change age. Also Riku looks like his Kingdom Hearts 1 version to me so it further supports their younger forms are just temporary as Yen Sid tries to bring them back to the time when they discovered their keyblades.

I don't think we know exactly when Ienzo became a Nobody. In the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 1 Mickey leaves because he notices worlds are having their hearts stolen. Chances are Ansem Seeker of Darkness became a Heartless not long before this and Ienzo, along with the other apprentices, became Nobodies around the same point. Basically I think Ienzo became a Nobody not long before Kingdom Hearts 1.

Roxas and Namine aging might just be a retcon. It probably wasn't planned back then for Nobodies to not age. Though we can look at it another way. Maybe Roxas aged for two reasons.

1) Sora was no longer a heartless and his bond with Roxas still existed while Sora was asleep. Basically sine Sora was aging Roxas aged as a side effect of his bond with Sora.
2) Roxas might have aged because he had Ven's heart inside of him which made him different from other Nobodies. Ven's heart might have allowed him to age.

Two reasons why Roxas is different from other Nobodies. Sora having his heart again, and Ven's heart dwelling inside Roxas. Namine is also unique due to the way she was formed.

Both are special cases so it's possible the same rules don't apply to them.

tl,dr

1) Sora and Riku are only young again because Yen Sid wants them to relearn how to wield the keyblade. It's obviously only temporary since we see Sora and Riku in their Kingdom Hearts II forms prior to the test beginning.
2) Ienzo probably became a Nobody not long before Kingdom Hearts 1 began. So he would be in his late teens considering he was a child ten years ago.
3) Roxas and Namine are special due to Ven's heart, Sora's existence, and the way Namine was born.

Just my thoery.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
People do not assume that nobodies don't age, it was confirmed.

Like said above, Roxas and Naminé are special cases in every field and should not be used as an example when speaking about normal nobodies.
They co-existed with their former selves (Sora & Kairi) and Roxas also carried Ven's crippled heart.
Xemnas might fall into a special category as well.

Ienzo is still unexplained while Sora & Riku being in their younger forms again in DDD has a story purpose according to Nomura.
In the newest trailer in the beginning when they stand before Yen Sid one can see that both Sora and Riku are in their "KHII-ages" regularly.
They only get "younger" in the Realm of Sleep and will most likely return to their standard age when returning from there.

Naryx15

2) Ienzo probably became a Nobody not long before Kingdom Hearts 1 began. So he would be in his late teens considering he was a child ten years ago.

In the DDD trailer, it shows Ienzo and Even fading away after being presumably attacked by Xehanort. Ienzo was still a child so.. I don't think he was a teen when he lost his heart and became a Nobody. If anything, the minor changes that Nobodies undergo during "transformation" would explain why he's aged so much. He may have been young, but considering how intelligent he was, it may have resulted in Zexion appearing way older, to suit his intelligence.

darkness9406

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Why riku's hair appear in the younger version if they are send it back to the past to be "child again" I think nomura is very obsessed with younger sora maybe his pedophile.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why riku's hair appear in the younger version if they are send it back to the past to be "child again" I think nomura is very obsessed with younger sora maybe his pedophile.

They weren't sent to the past. Nor are they being "child again". Sora and Riku will not stay in their younger form for the entirety of the game from what we know so far.

Sora and Riku have entered the Realm of Sleep and they have been transformed into their younger selves for plot reasons.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I vote this as the dumbest post on this site.

I vote this as unnecessary and possibly a tad rude.

Like Ethnic Woman said, they won't spend the whole game in their newer/younger forms. That part will only last for the duration in the Realm of Sleep. (As far as we know)

LucasDraleau

In the DDD trailer, it shows Ienzo and Even fading away after being presumably attacked by Xehanort. Ienzo was still a child so.. I don't think he was a teen when he lost his heart and became a Nobody. If anything, the minor changes that Nobodies undergo during "transformation" would explain why he's aged so much. He may have been young, but considering how intelligent he was, it may have resulted in Zexion appearing way older, to suit his intelligence.

It could also have to do with his abilities over Illusion. There's probably more of a connection with his powers to his older-looking form than most people actually think about. I mean, we see all the other characters use their powers over time, space, ice, fire, etc in battle, while a few use them outside of battle, so why would Zexion not use them in some form, beside in a battle, which he does seem to try to avoid. So, he could have also used them, outside of battle, to look older, and, in a sense, more intimidating, to not get into fights, etc.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I personally just handwaved Zexion's aging as a spell he cast on himself so he can still age. After all, Zexion does seem to dwell in the mystical arts, as proved by his massive magic stat in Days. Let's also not forget that Zexion has a book as a weapon.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Honestly...it may not sound very intelligent, but I always thought Zexion aged because Nomura did not want people beating up on a child. It is similar to Capcom's character Poison, in the US, she was made into a post-op tranny because the hitting women was looked down upon more in the US than in Japan. That could always be the case because I always found it weird that he aged...I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me unless he seems to have special powers. No other nobodies changed in appearance (that we know of)...actually...how old were Lea and Isa when they were turned Nobody?

Love Machine

strut strut strut
yeah he did look like a little pu- defenseless kid, so whacking him with a big key wouldn't really look so great. i can respect that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back