• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Kairi: The True Forgotten Girl in Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zami

Do we even know what Kairi has been doing all along? "Waiting" on destiny island sounds boring. She must have been doing SOMETHING relevant in regards to this series!

Perhaps KH3 will include a segment in which we play as Kairi during COM, KH2, and 3D?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Do we even know what Kairi has been doing all along? "Waiting" on destiny island sounds boring. She must have been doing SOMETHING relevant in regards to this series!

Perhaps KH3 will include a segment in which we play as Kairi during COM, KH2, and 3D?

Kairi didn't remember Sora for almost a year. We know she spent her days going to school, wondering where Riku was and not really remembering the other boy but hoping he'd come home too, sends a letter out to sea, and it wasn't until Axel arrives to kidnap her in KH2 that she actually starts doing anything actively.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

She spent all that time pretty much just living her life normally. She even complains about it at one point in KH2 because she was doing nothing of interest. Had she been doing something relevant in that time I'm sure we would have heard about it by now, there would have plenty of time to bring something like that up.

Kairi's school life mini game? :p

Comoman

The fact of the matter is that Kairi isn't becoming useless but that she IS useless. Her coming in at the end of DDD so shamelessly was enough to make me vomit. Although I don't think that Kairi being snuffed out of the plot wasn't what made DDD so wretched, although I'm sure that's part of it. But the reality is that Kingdom Hearts no longer has to work hard in order to get sales. It's already popular enough and they know that. The die hard fan-boys will buy it no matter what kind of content is in it, so they don't care what they put in the game just as long as they can brand it and sell it.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
She spent all that time pretty much just living her life normally. She even complains about it at one point in KH2 because she was doing nothing of interest. Had she been doing something relevant in that time I'm sure we would have heard about it by now, there would have plenty of time to bring something like that up.

Kairi's school life mini game? :p

She went through puberty that was relevant

and that would make a great cellphone gameit could be all the world end with yu in appeaarance and we could finally see the entire mainland. With a sectre ending taking place in the secret place

Oathkeeper101

Kairi should definitely be incorporated into kingdom hearts III seeing as she doesn't do much in the first two games or any of them for that matter. Shes like princess peach and sora and riku are mario and luigi. I would like to see kairi use her keyblade in kingdom hearts III and actually have a lead role with more impact, maybe even be a playable character! but all in all, i think whatever does happen with the next chapter, i will be happy. :smile:

FFxStrife

Not gonna lie, I would enjoy playing Kairi. So much.
Don't know why though.

I hope she can be a playable character in KH3.

Saikex

Predictions of Kairi in KH3: At the start

Sora, Riku, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are gonna be like, "WHA-- Kairi this is too dangerous. Yen Sid, what were you thinking?!"

But you know what Kairi's gonna do? She's going to say something like: "I almost missed out on the adventure again, no way I'm staying in the island this time."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kingdom Hearts cellphone game with story relevance = would not ever buy. (If coded had ever came to the states in its cellphone form I would have refused; Mobile...it was cute so I probably would have) It dilutes the brand name, and Kingdom Hearts already has a problem with console accessibility.

The fact of the matter is that Kairi isn't becoming useless but that she IS useless.

While I am not a fan of Kairi's character or how the writers have portrayed her in this series, I wouldn't say she has always been useless. In Kingdom Hearts she was a major driving force for Sora as he spent most of the game looking for her, and in Kingdom Hearts II she essentially was the reason her friends even made it home. If she hadn't gone looking for them they probably would have spent the rest of forever dancing around each other (Sora looking for Riku, Riku trying to hide himself from Sora while keeping an eye on him; or with the ending they would have been stuck in the Realm of Darkness for lord knows how long)

Her coming in at the end of DDD so shamelessly was enough to make me vomit.

Eh, she's a Princess of Heart, she can wield. It was bound to happen. I'm glad it wasn't worse where she just appeared out of nowhere in KH3 ready to fight as if she wasn't new to the whole "wielding" business. At least we know she'll be trained and maybe have a bit of character development because of it, which is ultimately what this entire editorial is about: making Kairi have a more prominent role to make her less useless.

Although I don't think that Kairi being snuffed out of the plot wasn't what made DDD so wretched, although I'm sure that's part of it.

LightUpTheSky isn't really saying that it made KH3D a terrible game, but the fact that Kairi was absolutely forgotten for the entirety of the game was quite ridiculous when the writers say Kairi is important to Sora and Riku.

But the reality is that Kingdom Hearts no longer has to work hard in order to get sales.

I beg to differ. The sales of KH3D weren't fantastic in Japan. As a 3rd party title on a Nintendo device it sold wonderfully, but it sold about half of what Birth By Sleep did, and on a console with a very solid install base. It is proof enough that Square Enix does need to put work into the games (which they always do which is why stuff like BBS and KH3D are my favorite titles because of the effort put into them), or at least deliver the game fans have been pandering for since 2005/2006 (I do not believe this, but this is an observation made.) And KH3D was not a bad game by far. It was a fun, innovative title with amazing graphics and, for the dedicated fans who have been paying attention, it was a rather interesting story with a lot of charm

The die hard fan-boys will buy it no matter what kind of content is in it, so they don't care what they put in the game just as long as they can brand it and sell it.

I also don't believe that. Again sales of KH3D, while good, didn't seem to reach Square Enix's expectations. And there are a number of fans out there who didn't even give a crap about this game, even the die-hard ones. I think it is a mistake on their part for not wanting to play a fun game with a lot of plot relevance, but that's just a matter of my opinion.

Last edited:

Sorarocks93

Awards
I also don't believe that. Again sales of KH3D, while good, didn't seem to reach Square Enix's expectations. And there are a number of fans out there who didn't even give a crap about this game, even the die-hard ones. I think it is a mistake on their part for not wanting to play a fun game with a lot of plot relevance, but that's just a matter of my opinion.

Well I am a "die-hard fan" of Kingdom Hearts, but there is no way I can buy anything that doesn't come to a main console simply because I can't afford to buy every handheld that KH gets released for. So instead I watch walkthroughs of the games on YouTube.

Sigh... If only I knew they were going to make collections for the games.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well I am a "die-hard fan" of Kingdom Hearts, but there is no way I can buy anything that doesn't come to a main console simply because I can't afford to buy every handheld that KH gets released for. So instead I watch walkthroughs of the games on YouTube.

Sigh... If only I knew they were going to make collections for the games.

I didn't mean people who were financially unable to buy the games. I mean people who love the series, are fully able to access the systems and even own them/plan to own them but refuse to play the handheld titles like KH3D because they don't think it has any importance or think Square Enix is milking the series.

When you are not in a place to buy the games it is completely understandable and nobody can blame you or anybody else, but there are people who are and just don't even bother watching walkthroughs or reading up on the games. Those are the people I think are making a mistake. xD

Sorarocks93

Awards
I didn't mean people who were financially unable to buy the games. I mean people who love the series, are fully able to access the systems and even own them/plan to own them but refuse to play the handheld titles like KH3D because they don't think it has any importance or think Square Enix is milking the series.

When you are not in a place to buy the games it is completely understandable and nobody can blame you or anybody else, but there are people who are and just don't even bother watching walkthroughs or reading up on the games. Those are the people I think are making a mistake. xD

But can those people actually be called die-hard fans?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They call themselves that. You don't know how many people I've run in to that say "I'm a diehard Kingdom Hearts fan but I hate the side games." :\

Yeah, I dsee that too plus the so called "Side games" added more to the story.

BBS: We learned of the past, how it all happened, what's going to happened and Sora's big mission for KH3

Days: We learned of Roxas' life with the OrgXIII, Xion's creation and how Roxas ended up in the Fake TT

RE:Coded: We learned of the suffering that Sora must mend

DDD: We leanred about the true role of the OrgXIII, MX's plans that transpires time, and seven quardians waiting to be revealed who they are.

I might be missing something, but I'm basing it on memory.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
They call themselves that. You don't know how many people I've run in to that say "I'm a diehard Kingdom Hearts fan but I hate the side games." :\

LOL, how can you call yourself a die hard fan when you refuse to play the games outside of kh1 and kh2? that makes no sense

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I dsee that too plus the so called "Side games" added more to the story.

BBS: We learned of the past, how it all happened, what's going to happened and Sora's big mission for KH3

Days: We learned of Roxas' life with the OrgXIII, Xion's creation and how Roxas ended up in the Fake TT

RE:Coded: We learned of the suffering that Sora must mend

DDD: We leanred about the true role of the OrgXIII, MX's plans that transpires time, and seven quardians waiting to be revealed who they are.

I might be missing something, but I'm basing it on memory.

Re:coded also taught about how hearts could grow even in non-human beings like computer data, which further cemented the idea of Roxas, Axel, and Xion all growing hearts despite being Nobodies/a clone during Days and Xemnas & Braig's revelation that Nobodies can grow new hearts in KH3D.

(And then Tron but nobody ever points at that bit of KH2 or KH3D and says "Hey proof that a heart can grow!")

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Re:coded also taught about how hearts could grow even in non-human beings like computer data, which further cemented the idea of Roxas, Axel, and Xion all growing hearts despite being Nobodies/a clone during Days and Xemnas & Braig's revelation that Nobodies can grow new hearts in KH3D.

Thank you. Usually I am always reserching, but I'm busy with a project.

tehmrmeow

This. Is so true. I feel like the series has gotten kind of cheesy.. lately. I'm emailing thus to Square Enix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back