• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Kairi: The True Forgotten Girl in Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Reading this brought old feelings for Kairi that had slowly diminished over the coarse of the games that had come after kingdom hearts 2. after experiencing the lives of TAV (in BBS) and RAX (in Days) kairi's role seemed to become less important. Re:Coded came and she wasn't featured in that and then DDD were she pops outta no where at the end.

I think that KHIII is going to reclaim its former glory and really focus on reuniting everyone and i mean EVERYONE. Just looking at DDD symbiotic opening they are going back to the roots of the series. planting roots for different characters in different games and then uprooting everything and putting it into KHIII with sora as your main protagonist to finally close this saga. As the Kingdom hearts franchise get older the more we are going to recognize our love for the series when the third games is announced. Seriously, I want to see the day on these forums when they announce that game.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So, I'd just like to thank everyone that took the time to reply to my editorial. Words can't describe how happy I was to spark up such an amazing debate on this subject. I am in complete awe and gratitude about all of this, and I-

Just thank you all so much! This has been an amazing experience, and you guys have made me feel so loved and welcomed here. My only wish is that I could have replied to some of you more, but after this hit a hundred posts, I just became completely overwhelmed and couldn't even process anything. LOL.

Thanks again, guys. And I hope to see you around in the future. Perhaps with another editorial of mine, even!

Also, I deeply appreciate the award you nominated me for, King Chaser. I shall wear it proudly always. Thank you. KHI ftw!

Ventus297

Website
heyitsmewiththeface.tumblr.com
I completely agree. Although I don't think KHIII is too late. They can do a lot in one game. Especially if it is as long or longer thank KHI and KHII. Seeing her in the secret ending made me so happy! I really missed her in the series. It felt like something was missing when she wasn't there. If they make her playable in the third (Which is a good possibility) They'll have to develop her more right? Any ways, I'm just excited that Kairi is back and is hopefully going to have a bigger role in the finale.

Awards
I actually hope Kairi gets her own game were she is the only playable character taking place after KHIII.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I actually hope Kairi gets her own game were she is the only playable character taking place after KHIII.
....I can't tell if I like this idea or hate it. *o* Maybe a bit of both cause of curiosity on if they could pull it off.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
....I can't tell if I like this idea or hate it. *o* Maybe a bit of both cause of curiosity on if they could pull it off.

I feel the same. Kairi as a character is such a delicate subject and the writers themselves aren't the most competent, so a game centered on her may very well be a make or break deal.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I feel the same. Kairi as a character is such a delicate subject and the writers themselves aren't the most competent, so a game centered on her may very well be a make or break deal.

Given how the current writers have handled her so far, perhaps a new writer(s) would be able to pull off such a story. People who seem to know how to handle a female character. (since nomura, and the writers, doesn't really seem all the comfortable on them)

Awards
They could get the writer of Final Fantasy VI to be involved with Kairi's game since Terra from FFVI was a popular character.

Holly75*

You are 100% correct about all of this.
Kairi is a fantastic character and it always makes my Heart ache when people call her names. I love Xion and Naminé (among several other characters), but that does not diminish my love for the cheeky, happy-go-lucky, determined redhead whom (along with Riku) gave the player of K.H. 1 someone to fight for. I adore Ven & Vanitas and like the addition of Terra & Aqua, but wish K.H.: 'Dream Drop Distance' (wish I've never played, b.t.w.; but have watched videos of) had not basically abandoned Kairi.
I hope Nomura does her the justice she deserves in K.H. 3...

Holly75*

YEAH!!!!! *pumps fist*
It could be like a milder version of K.H. 1, in that Kairi travels the Multiverse sealing Keyholes but there is no massive danger beyond normal-ish life.

[This is in answer to the comment about someone wishing for a K.H. game where Kairi is the playable protagonist].

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back