• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ("Doesn't this street look familiar?!")

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

[video=youtube;LncqRnznspk]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LncqRnznspk[/video]

this looks... kinda sloppy, unfortunately

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

The aesthetic itself isn't bad (in fact it looks pretty good in some spots); but, I don't know, the animation itself looks very stiff and jumpy.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

The animation in some parts looked.. odd. Other parts decent. The visuals are pretty cool though. Hoping this is better than the trailer makes it out to be though.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

The visuals looked not too bad, pretty stylish and swish in some places.

But at the same time, some of the action scenes seemed a bit wooden. I wonder if it'll improve when we do see it though.

Still hyped for it. Heard Tomokazu Sugita will be voicing Joseph Joestar which was fantastic.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Yeah, that's the part I'm worrying about. I'm PRAYING this doesn't turn into Toriko where the animation is so bad it makes me quit altogether. Something in my head ignites a rage explosion when I see somebody get punched in an anime, and all they do is zoom out with the "WWOWOWOAOAOOAAAHHH" sound effect. If that's how this turns out, consider me gone.

This looks okay, I'll wait for it to get dubbed though
Even as huge an advocate of dubs, you're being pretty patient. You've gotta consider how far down the line this series is gonna be before it gets dubbed (and it will, inevitably, given it's huge status in the anime/manga world that FUNimation and Viz love grabbing licenses from) and, at that, how little amount the episodes of long ongoing series get released at a time.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

It'll likely never get dubbed. We've only got one part of the manga translated and I don't think that did extremely well.

So the chances are very slim I'd say.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

In Japan. He's referring to manga sales I think, which I don't really think is the way they go about buying stuff to dub. It's usually what they think will succeed over in the US and other regions with English language. Sales for Deadman Wonderland's manga weren't great if I recall correctly, given TokyoPop went under. But that's just a general view, so I'm not sure on numbers there.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Nah, talking about the West in general really. Pretty sure they didn't sell that well at all.

Deadman Wonderland may not have done well in manga sales but you could tell it was going to get dubbed, it just has that vibe to it that a lot of companies think dark and edgy teens would like so it'd sell millions.

Other than vampires, JoJo is pretty damn fabulous and they may not think it would do well over here.
That being said I seem to remember the Sega game being pretty popular.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

[video=youtube;Ttovmf-_Wn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttovmf-_Wn4[/video]

i like this commercial more than the actual trailer, lol

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

DIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Now I think I'm starting to see why you guys are saying the animation will probably be bad. I think I'll still watch it though.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Does JoJo have some sort of cult following in England?

If there is, I'd like to know where they are. There is only me and one other guy in my friendship group who have read JoJo's and he's only starting Part 4. I rarely see JoJo cosplayers either. Maybe they are just well hidden.

Or it could be a push for the game. As I believe the sega game was extremely popular, so they could be appealing to that audience to see if there is an audience over in the West for All-Star Battle.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Just watched the episode.

I was unaware that a show could be quite this ridiculous, lol

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Now where are my subs at?

How the fuck did they get YES for this? Oh man I'm sold on this based on that alone. If they do like most animes, and change the opening and close themes every arc, and keep using music of that quality or higher... I'll weep.

I was unaware that a show could be quite this ridiculous, lol

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Back