• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ("Doesn't this street look familiar?!")

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Basically confirming we're starting with Phantom Blood.

This is good news, if I remember Araki isn't that big on Part 1 or 2 due to them not containing stands so feel a bit disjointed with the rest of the series. So seeing that we are getting Phantom Blood makes me hopeful for every JoJo part getting animated.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Color me unsurprised. I know that Phantom Blood(given I just finished it, now on Part 2) is a fairly uninteresting and boring story compared to other parts but it's sort of necessary to get it out of the way. I figure they'll redo quite a bit of the dialogue to make it more bearable.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Well I put that down to Araki not getting into his groove at that point. I mean theres hints of fabulous posing in there and then gradually gets more fabulous as it goes on and Araki finds what the series should be about and how it should be handled.

I do like Phantom Blood for what it is, but compared to the rest of the saga it is very weak yeah.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

[video=youtube;24BukQYxZuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24BukQYxZuw[/video]

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

[video=youtube;24BukQYxZuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24BukQYxZuw[/video]

Tell me... Tell me the art style and animation will be like what I just saw. Please.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

David Production, huh? That could work. They know how to be stylish when they feel like it. I could see them adapting the style well.

Naokatsu has only fully directed one show before, and JoJo's not exactly similar to Inu X Boku SS, so I'm interested to see he'll handle it. I'm worried about Kenichi being the series director (my guess is they might be using a different director each arc, with Kenich there the entire time; or maybe the other way around, idk). He really hasn't done much, but as long as they have good directors otherwise, it'll hopefully be fine. Yasuko... can probably do well if he sticks to the source material when working on his script. I mean, he's not all that bad a writer, but he can get a bit lost towards the end (he wrote Blassreiter, Casshern Sins, Gilgamesh, Shakugan no Shana, and others).

I'm glad they got Yasufumi for the visuals. He's done some really smart work with CGI (he was the 3D director for Last Exile) as well as some aesthetic work in other shows (such as Gankutsuou). Also, yes! Takako Shimizu! This could be really, really good. He was a key animator for a bunch of well-animated shows like Afro Samurai: Resurrection, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Hell Girl, Tokyo Majin, and X-Men. He's also worked as the animation director and/or as a key animator for singular episodes of even more (such as Madoka, Casshern Sins, Eureka 7, Mawaru Penguindrum, Mushishi, Zetman, and even Samurai Champloo). He rarely does character design, but the one time he did, it was for this; so I'm not worried.

Hayato on music could be pretty good as well. He did the OSTs for Hellsing Ultimate as well as The World God Only Knows, so he's got range. It just comes down to what he decides to do.

Overall, looking pretty promising.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

I've heard that David productions have had trouble with budgets before which made me feel a bit anxious considering the nature of JoJo's. But at the same time, they did Ben-to didn't they? Despite dropping the series, the fighting scenes were pretty well done for what they were budget wise.

I'm still looking forward to it. We shall see when Fall comes along!

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

I mean, he's not all that bad a writer, but he can get a bit lost towards the end (he wrote Blassreiter, Casshern Sins, Gilgamesh, Shakugan no Shana, and others).

I'm glad they got Yasufumi for the visuals. He's done some really smart work with CGI (he was the 3D director for Last Exile) as well as some aesthetic work in other shows (such as Gankutsuou). Also, yes! Takako Shimizu! This could be really, really good. He was a key animator for a bunch of well-animated shows like Afro Samurai: Resurrection, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Hell Girl, Tokyo Majin, and X-Men. He's also worked as the animation director and/or as a key animator for singular episodes of even more (such as Madoka, Casshern Sins, Eureka 7, Mawaru Penguindrum, Mushishi, Zetman, and even Samurai Champloo). He rarely does character design, but the one time he did, it was for this; so I'm not worried.

Hayato on music could be pretty good as well. He did the OSTs for Hellsing Ultimate as well as The World God Only Knows, so he's got range. It just comes down to what he decides to do.
Suddenly much more confident about this adaptation. I had a fear this would be a Toriko series where you'd get very few good scenes with acceptable animation, everything else being absolutely terrible. I always have this fear now though. I may just stop reading the manga where I'm at to see how the manga goes. Just hit part 2 awhile ago.

Endless Strategy

Suddenly much more confident about this adaptation. I had a fear this would be a Toriko series where you'd get very few good scenes with acceptable animation, everything else being absolutely terrible. I always have this fear now though. I may just stop reading the manga where I'm at to see how the manga goes. Just hit part 2 awhile ago.

Even if the anime is good, I'd still probably suggest the manga. I mean, there's lot's of dialogue in the fight scenes, and it can flow pretty well in a manga, but would just look unrealistic in an anime.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

and read the manga anyway.

It's going to be some time till we see certain 'Parts' of JoJo.

But! When Steel Ball Run does get animated....however many years that will be, it will be glorious.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

20120818224956efc.jpg

20120818224944310.jpg

character designs for the anime

hopefully some better quality ones will appear on the main website before long

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Is that from Part 1? Because I really don't remember Jojo looking much like that. Then again, adapting the art to be more modernish, so yeah. I thought I was looking at Toriko for a minute.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Kind of happy they are making the art more...Araki-ish as Part 1 JoJo being animated in it's original style then changing to Part 2 onwards would seem like really off.

But yeah, not bad. I'm looking forward to seeing Part 2 stuff more to compare between Araki's style.

Endless Strategy

Kind of happy they are making the art more...Araki-ish as Part 1 JoJo being animated in it's original style then changing to Part 2 onwards would seem like really off.

But yeah, not bad. I'm looking forward to seeing Part 2 stuff more to compare between Araki's style.

I doubt I'll be the only one going over the anime simultaneously with the manga.

Back