• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ("Doesn't this street look familiar?!")

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Endless Strategy

Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Gets Fall TV Anime & PS3 Game - News - Anime News Network

Hold onto your butts.

Also finished Steel Ball Run the other day. Think it could have been my favourite part actually which I wasn't expecting.

Never have I so anticipated an anime and game as much as now!

Then I realized that the game probably won't be brought to the US... which is a shame, but I'm still really excited about the anime. May it turn out far better than the phantom blood movie (did they say which part they were adapting).

As for SBR, I liked it a ton as well. I put it third behind Battle Tendency and Diamond is Unbreakable, but they're all so excellent that my top 4 tends to vary from day to day (my fourth favorite being Golden Wind).

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

This is another series I reeeaaaally need to pick up. Wonder how long the anime will run though.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

BEST NEWS EVER.

tumblr_m6nl8sxZei1qa8xpg.gif

So do we know if it's just an adaptation of one specific part, like past adaptations, or are they going to attempt to do the whole thing?
Then I realized that the game probably won't be brought to the US... which is a shame, but I'm still really excited about the anime. May it turn out far better than the phantom blood movie (did they say which part they were adapting).

PS3 isn't region locked. You can just import it.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

The trailer they showed has it going all the way to the Steel Ball Run, which I think is most recent.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Most recently complete, but there's a new one that started a little while ago.

That's really cool though. What a huge undertaking. I do not envy the studio that's doing this.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

By the way they presented it...it seems like they are animating every part. Which sounds like one hell of a task. No mention of Jojolion though, but theres only like eleven chapters of that so far, so not surprising.

Yeah, just import the game and you'll be fine.

But yeah, this is the best news of the year for me anime-wise.

My top 3 parts I think may go
Steel Ball Run
Stardust Crusaders
Battle Tendency

Followed by Diamond is Unbreakable. Stone Ocean is at the bottom, just couldn't get into that and actually never properly finished it.

Endless Strategy

My top 3 parts I think may go
Steel Ball Run
Stardust Crusaders
Battle Tendency

Followed by Diamond is Unbreakable. Stone Ocean is at the bottom, just couldn't get into that and actually never properly finished it.

Might I ask where you stopped reading? Because the prison arc did indeed drag, especially the whole "Survivor" battles, but after that it finishes strong. That said, it is one of the worse parts. I put it second to last, behind Phantom blood.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

It was around the prison stuff, might have been volume 2 or 3 but combined with the scans I just could not enjoy it, I had found it very easy to jump in with the rest of JoJo's except that one.

Phantom Blood is your least favourite?

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Need to decide who Norio Wakamoto will voice....

Strohiem from Part 2.

MAKE IT HAPPEN STUDIO WHO HAS BEEN CHOSEN!

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I wonder which studio has picked this up.

Will Studio A.P.P.P. take up the task again? They certainly haven't produced a series as of late, though they are still active.

I'm not sure of all the studios who've already got something in the works for Autumn, but I know that some do (such as Production I.G., A-1 Pictures, and GoHands).

Endless Strategy

It was around the prison stuff, might have been volume 2 or 3 but combined with the scans I just could not enjoy it, I had found it very easy to jump in with the rest of JoJo's except that one.

Phantom Blood is your least favourite?

If you're only on the first couple volumes, then forget what I said. It doesn't get really good until about 2/3 through, and while it's still above average, it and Phantom Blood are the parts I could understandably see a Shonen fan pass on.

As for my distaste for Phantom Blood, I'll explain. Phantom Blood has the worst art of the series, and the first half-dozen chapters were lackluster. But mainly it's because it's just not as good as the rest of Jojo. Everything it does, the other parts do better. It's near par with Stone Ocean, but the latter is slightly better due to the art, the superior ending, and the general strategic element of Jojo fights that didn't really surface until part 2.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Yeah, I suppose all I really can say is that it was the first part so Araki didn't have his style of ideas for the series fully down at that point really, it's why we never got Part 1 or 2 released in English, because they were so different to what was to come with Part 3 onwards. At the same time, I can understand that, not sure if it is due to time or what, but I don't really remember much of Part 1 really.

But yeah, Part 6 was a struggle, I feel like I've missed out somewhat concerning the ending due to that being the thing that reset the universe for us to start Steel Ball Run with Jonathon Joestar and Zeppeli again

Endless Strategy

But yeah, Part 6 was a struggle, I feel like I've missed out somewhat concerning the ending due to that being the thing that reset the universe for us to start Steel Ball Run with Jonathon Joestar and Zeppeli again

As I said, while Stone Ocean has its failings, the ending is very well done. If you really don't want to read through the earlier parts, you can always skip to later on. The episodic nature of Jojo makes that a fairly simple matter.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

YES. YES YES YES.

That game is unbalanced to holy hell but it is EXTREMELY fun. I can't wait to play it again.

Back