• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the PSPgo really that bad?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I've heard people say "OMG THIS SUXX" and "This is such fail" but is the PSPgo really as bad as everyone says?
I'm quite aware of the ridiculous price but the fact that you can get three free games now actually sort of makes up for it imo. And the no-UMD thing sounds great so I don't have to carry them around everywhere or be nervous that i'm going to lose one of them (I'm horrible enough as it is with DS cards).

I was thinking about getting one since the selection of games for it sound great to me but I wanted to hear some more opinions about it before I seriously think about getting it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Yes the PSPgo is terrible. Why do you think they're bundling it with 3 games and 10 games in the US and UK? Because sales are literally abysmal. In Japan they are selling less than 1000 a week.

The PSPgo was a nice concept, but they broke a lot of the promises that came with the device.

Reasons why it's a stupid idea to get a PSPgo:
- The PSP3000 is MUCH cheaper and comes with a game and memory stick in some bundles.
- The PSP3000 is compatible with EVERY PSP game, while there are games such as older PSP games and BBS that are not compatible with the PSPgo.
- People who own PSPs have no reason to upgrade to the PSPgo because they can't play ANY of their old UMD games on it because there's no way to transfer the games/purchases to a digital version.
- PSPgo actually has a smaller screen and smaller form factor, yet the battery life isn't really any better.
- It's pretty much impossible to hack/homebrew a PSPgo.
- PSPgo's games are more expensive even though they're digital, because Sony controls the prices on the PSN and they have no reason to drop them (though some really old PSP games have now become $9.99)

Don't fall for the new deal for 3 games. You get 3 games, sure, but the system doesn't guarantee you the ability to get any future third-party games that publishers refuse to release in a digital format. If SE decides not to make BBS for the PSPgo, you're out of luck. Same with any other publisher and their games. Plus, you can get a PSP 3000 for cheaper and just buy the UMD games online or at a bargain bin.

Plus, the PSPgo is selling SO terribly it wouldn't surprise me if they stopped producing PSPgo's and forgot about the product entirely in a year. Then what? You'd be stuck with a handheld with games you can't get a refund for or play in any other way or any other PSP, and you won't get any new games that come out because support for the handheld will have stopped.

Plus, it's possible a PSP2 might be announced at E3.

You shouldn't get one. D:

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
es the PSPgo is terrible. Why do you think they're bundling it with 3 games and 10 games in the US and UK? Because sales are literally abysmal. In Japan they are selling less than 1000 a week.
I think there trying to sell as many PSPGo before E3 when they show off the PSP2.(I hope they show is PSP2)

If SE decides not to make BBS for the PSPgo, you're out of luck. Same with any other publisher and their games. Plus, you can get a PSP 3000 for cheaper and just buy the UMD games online or at a bargain bin.
Also didn't they say. MGS Peace Walker wouldn't be up to download when it comes out? I thought i heard that and these are big IPs for the PSP.(I could be wrong about that though not 100% sure)

PSPGo does look nice though but it seems not to have support form the devs.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
- The PSP3000 is compatible with EVERY PSP game, while there are games such as older PSP games and BBS that are not compatible with the PSPgo.
I told my friend he shouldn't have gotten a PSP go.

And he wants BBS.

Sucks for him.

lmfao.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Nevermind, I don't think I'm going to get a PSP at all (I already have a DSI and just recently got a PS3 so I'm not buying another handheld/console for a while, although i'll still look into the psp-3000 and figure out if it's really something I would want to buy).
Thank you for the advice though :)

Raebus

The psp go looked pretty good but what let it down was the choice of games. Sure, it had a decent amount of games to download but not some of the recent ones which made me want to own a psp. I made the mistake of buying one, soon traded it in after a few weeks. I'd generally recommend that people go for the 2000 or 3000 model and just stay away from the psp go. :)

tangerine

Awards
If you're going to get a PSP, get the PSP-3000. Don't be fooled by the 16 gigs of space on the PSPgo. You can get a PSP-3000 with enough memory cards to make-up 16 gigs for roughly the same price (and the PSP-3000 is going to get a price drop soon [or it already has], so it was announced). This way you keep your options open for hard-copy games that aren't available on the PSN. And seriously, who needs 16 gigs worth of space? You can store games on your computer and just transfer them to your memory stick when you need them.

Raebus

If she does buy you a psp go, can't you just trade it in for a psp 3000 model?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I'll add some more to all of this. Don't know where you live, aside from with the goddamned batman, but if you live in Europe, a pspGo is DEFINETLY NOT WORTH IT. Our psn collection is firetrucking abysmal compared to the American. It did improve somewhat since its release, but it's still laughable. Sometimes you can't even find stuff that supposedly were released weeks ago. Example: as stupid as it may sound. The Disney's Hercules game. I enjoyed back when I was a kid and wanted to download it ASAP when it got rereleased on PSN. Never found it. I still check every time I do download something. But it doesn't show up anywhere. Some games on psn had errors in the past, so I looked around the web to see wether they had to pull this one away due to errors too, but nothing.

Erlix

I think the psp go is good it has a nice feel to it and the screen is just a bit smaller and actually makes games look better. You can also slide the screen down and play it with a ps3 controller which is great speacially if you want to play your psp on tv. The only reasons why ppl think the psp go sucks is:

1. You can't play games that you already own. (If you had another psp and owned umd's)
2. Its expensive price. (But they are going to pack them with 3 great games now)
3. Some games don't get realesed on PSN. (I think this will change over the time since sony is getting more serious with the psp)

And well thats all I can think of cuz the game prices at PSN are preatty good.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
always do the research before buying a handheld, lol. I've never taken the route of something just looking "cool". I don't have a PSP 3000 however, i still have my 2000 model, but it's still good

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
3. Some games don't get realesed on PSN. (I think this will change over the time since sony is getting more serious with the psp)

One of the major reasons why they dont have BBS on the PSN is because if they release a working ISO like version for it, Hackers would have a much easier time pirating it. Most games that have super good AP will probably be left out of the market for the GO because of this reason. Sucks for anyone who wanted to have good games on their psp Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back