• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the PSPgo really that bad?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
Just get a PSP slim hack it and you get free psp games, online hacks, homebrew, N64 emulators, GBA emulators and CXMB themes all for free.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
One of the major reasons why they dont have BBS on the PSN is because if they release a working ISO like version for it, Hackers would have a much easier time pirating it. Most games that have super good AP will probably be left out of the market for the GO because of this reason. Sucks for anyone who wanted to have good games on their psp Go.

this is true but bbs was hacked to be used on cfw via iso.... ( which sucks for me because i brought bbs long ago :-/ but i choose to support good games anyways...) so my guess is that sony will be announcing a new psp @ E3 this year to try to fight against piracy and the 3ds...

as for the main topic of this thread i think the psp go is ok but it is just way overpriced.... i want one but i wont till it drops below 150... bluetooth and the better design is what makes me want it

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
The main problem with the Go is that you're paying more for less. You could argue that its great to have a Go because you don't have to carry the games about. Well, you can do the same fucking thing with the older PSP models. What, you thought your save files take up gigs worth? Go on PSN store, download PSP game to the memory stick, play. Same FUCKING features as the Go.

There's no upside to the Go, apart from better screen and some other features that I don't know about, but they aren't exactly that memorable considering what its advertised for can do the same thing as the 3000.

That reminds me. I had an argument with a friend of mine, who wanted a Go. I told him to go for the 3000 because you won't get all the games on the PSN store. He said that he doesn't care because he wanted sony exclusive titles like Littlebigplanet, God of War, Modnation Racers and Grand Turismo. I insist on arguing that you're literally paying more for less because the 3000 can do the same fucking thing. He pulled out another argument on me about the 360, saying "Why do you buy games for it, you're paying more for less, with it using the DVD storage and a smaller HDD than the PS3"

Yeah, he's a sony fan. He makes genuienly good arguements, but some of it aren't really his best.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
He pulled out another argument on me about the 360, saying "Why do you buy games for it, you're paying more for less, with it using the DVD storage and a smaller HDD than the PS3"

That doesn't even make sense considering 360 versions of multiplatform games end up being superior, the same price as the PS3 versions, and the 360 itself is the same price as the PS3 (or cheaper).

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
The PSPgo isn't bad, it's just not necessary for all consumers like how the PS2 HDD wasn't necessary for every PS2 customer. You can always opt for another SKU.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
It's not bad if you're only interested in digital content. And believably there's a market for it; small, but existent.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
D: Why can't you play it??
Ever play Monster Hunter on the PSP? No? Yeah, didn't think so.

By "can't play [it]", I don't mean you literally cannot play it since it's obviously available for purchase. It's just a somewhat (read: really) retarded notion to do so. MH has a complex (more like weird) camera system that requires an already awkward hand position on the regular PSP. With the layout of the PSPGo, it's almost impossible to control the camera while playing, and while it doesn't seem like much, camera control is one of the most important aspects of the game since it lacks a lock-on feature.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I bought a PsP, and was tempted to get the PsPGo, but I decided against it. :D I knew PSN wouldn't have all the games on it's network, and I trust hardcopy more so than digital for consoles.

BBS will take up the most memory on my storage drive. XD

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I laugh at the PSP Go whenever I see it. Consistantly.
It's just such a bad idea. It looks lame for a start. Also WTF is up with only being able to download games? I've spend money on actual UMD games and they 're all like 'lol jk you can't use those any more'. Dicks.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Yeah. I went to Gamestop when I was going to purchase a PsP. In my opinion, more than likely BBS will be in UMD format, and maybe for download on the PSN Network, but I doubt the latter.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Yupp. They should've put all the games onto the PSN Network for the PsP, THEN released the PsPGo. But, then again, Sony makes mistakes like all of the other console companies. <-< Just like the PS3 in the beginning. -facepalm- And the 360's Red Ring 'O Death.

Neh. Kids, don't buy the PsPGo. Get the latest UMD-using version, and be happy. You now have pretty much all of the games for the PsP within your grasp, and unlimited storage space - buy all the memory sticks you want.

Awards
we've had them in stock at my store since they were released, and we've only ever sold two

ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back