• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Kingdom Hearts still relevant?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
The most popular I've ever seen KH was when KH2 came out. Literally everyone I knew, both in real life and on the web, was talking about it. However its been a very long time since then and the release of KH3 probably wont be happening anytime soon.

Lets dream a little though.

Imagine in a perfect world KH 2.5 is released in 2014 and KH3 in 2015. How is the gaming community going to act? Kingdom Hearts has for sure lost fans over the years due to the lack of KH3 and increased number of portable titles however its also gained lots of loyal fans who's entry point were the portable games.

The question is though, will it be enough?

What do you think? Will a couple of HD titles be enough to rekindle the fire of KH, making the most cynical become exited again for KH3? Or has KH lost the popularity it needs for the next home-counsel title built from the ground up?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I might not like the direction they are going, but it's still relevant just not as big as it use to be like you said. Most of it does have to do with too many portable games don't get me wrong some were great, but a good number of people don't handheld game anymore well let me speak for just myself. Last portable gaming device I owned was GBA lol. I'm actually thinking of 3DS well over Vita right now though lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The best way for kh to gain more fans is the hd collection. Having all of the games on one system should draw in fans who have heard of the series, but has been hesitant to try it due to the multiple platforms.

xirec

there used to be a time where "new kh game coming" meant, "holy snickle fritz i gotta go out and get thiiiiiissss"...now its like, "oh, another one.., and oh look its on a handheld that i dont care for or wish to buy"..the over-saturation of the games kills it for some people, at least for me it does, the little kid in me still gets a little excited, but not like it was.......but i do have to say this, bbs is right now my favorite kh game, the best in my opinion, haven't played days (not like i care to) or ddd yet..

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
DDD was actually really fun to play so I'd suggest giving it a shot. It's also necessary to understand anything that will happen in KH3.

Days had a terrible battle system and you're better off just watching the HD movie of it that will be included in 1.5.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
there used to be a time where "new kh game coming" meant, "holy snickle fritz i gotta go out and get thiiiiiissss"...now its like, "oh, another one.., and oh look its on a handheld that i dont care for or wish to buy"..the over-saturation of the games kills it for some people, at least for me it does, the little kid in me still gets a little excited, but not like it was.......but i do have to say this, bbs is right now my favorite kh game, the best in my opinion, haven't played days (not like i care to) or ddd yet..

Lol this is mostly how I feel every now and then I'll think about KH, but now most thoughts are dominated by when will it end which means I'm over the KH lore or whatever it once had, and honestly the HD collection may help revive people like me, but something tells me in the end I'll hate it more than ever.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
The people who left the series because of "No KH3" aren't going to be won over because of KH3 released. Why? Because the story will make no sense to them because they chose to walk away from the series. Personally, I say this is their own fault because they chose to walk away from the series (game consoles you don't have is no excuse for not understanding the story. We have the bloody internet for crying out loud)

So the way that I see it is that the next saga after the Xehanort Saga will be the one that's probably going to start a new generation of KH fans. But the fans that have already left, I don't see them coming back. And to be honest, as much as this may make me look like a jerk, I don't know if I'd really want them back.

If they came back, all they would do is complain about how convoluted the series has become and how they dislike it because they chose to walk away from it and can not find a smooth transition back. In many ways, it would be like all the people at SonicRetro complaining about every single modern Sonic game despite the fact that they are not bad games. They will just live in the past and do nothing but complain about things nowadays. Or in another analogy, they'll all be just like the generic 90's kids:

[video=youtube;5pa6SGYWADU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU[/video]

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
While Khh is very succesful in its own right, its yet to truly prove itself to te bigwigs that its THAT kind of game. But this is mostly becasue of the huge gap of time( almost 9 years) since its last legit Major console title game.
I find kh relevant which Is why I am here all the eagerl wating for the next scrap of news but out there in that big world Kh is still climbing he big oak tree where High profile games like( assasin creed, zelda, mario, halo) the blckbusters, A.K.A the real moneymakers
in another 2 years kh will be retro

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
While Khh is very succesful in its own right, its yet to truly prove itself to te bigwigs that its THAT kind of game. But this is mostly becasue of the huge gap of time( almost 9 years) since its last legit Major console title game.

If you're referring to numbered titles, KH2 was released in 2006.
If you want to go PS2 games in general, Re:CoM was released in 2008.

The series just had its 10th anniversary last year.

MATH!

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
If they came back, all they would do is complain about how convoluted the series has become and how they dislike it because they chose to walk away from it and can not find a smooth transition back.

I've keen keeping up with most things that have happened throughout Days to 3D (as in I understand the majority of it) and I still think the plot is convoluted and silly. As in, it's complicated but not in a good way because the story isn't well-written. This became especially apparent in KH3D.

In many ways, it would be like all the people at SonicRetro complaining about every single modern Sonic game despite the fact that they are not bad games.

Idk. I think the newer Sonic games (mostly Colours and Generations) are far better games than, say, the Adventures, but whether they're good games or not are up in the air, much like Sonic in general.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

MATH!
Okay fine its been 7 years since it's Last Major Console game. I mean Kh2 Recom want released everywhere, also I wouldnt of even know about that game if it wasnt for This site.

xirec

I actually thought KH3D made it seem less convoluted and actually make sense and make it seem that the plot is organized in some way :/

to me it still doesnt matter, 3D tries to tie up an already convoluted story but in the end it is still a master cluster fudge...i lost it, now like i said BBS was a great game, there really wasnt much point to Days in my opinion, and coded is just something i want to forget ever existed, but the kh story backtracks sooooooo much and takes sooooooo many turns that its just like, "do i even want to play KH3 when it comes out?"..i feel the kh series will end with KH3, but it wont be honorably..

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
to me it still doesnt matter, 3D tries to tie up an already convoluted story but in the end it is still a master cluster fudge...i lost it, now like i said BBS was a great game, there really wasnt much point to Days in my opinion, and coded is just something i want to forget ever existed, but the kh story backtracks sooooooo much and takes sooooooo many turns that its just like, "do i even want to play KH3 when it comes out?"..i feel the kh series will end with KH3, but it wont be honorably..

It won't end with KH 3, that has already been stated by Nomura multiple times.
KH 3 will only end the first saga (or season, if talking in TV-series slang) of the series.

xirec

It won't end with KH 3, that has already been stated by Nomura multiple times.
KH 3 will only end the first saga (or season, if talking in TV-series slang) of the series.

well personally the series is already growing tired, and if KH3 isnt the last game of the series i doubt that it will last long after that, kh isnt one of those games (in my opinion) where you can have 10-12 games in a series without it running dry, and if another game is released after KH3, i doubt alot of people would care to keep following at that point, i think KH should just bow out at 3,...it just makes sense at this point...

Shinjuku

Entrapment

MATH!

Honestly I don't even count Re:com why because it's a re-release and not a new game. Good number of people probably just bought it because of the 3D part about it. Anyways though counting actual new games it's still been 7 years and at this rate it will be 10 by the time a new KH game is released.

Considering we're waiting for FFVersusWhateverthefuck it wants to be to get done. Then top that all off I think it's been moved to PS4 if I remember correctly. So yeah about a decade should do it.

Excuse my mood had a fire late in the night kind of pissed didn't get no sleep.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Lack of KHIII killed the momentum imo. KH isn't dead and buried, but I don't think it will ever get as big as it used to be.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

It's honestly not that hard to keep track of. And honestly, I don't feel that it has been a cluster fudge at least with KH3D. KH3D actually made everything before have a clear point. Biggest point being about Organization XIII. Organization XIII was one of the more confusing aspects of KH2 that now makes perfect sense.

And again, I may be a minority in this, but I actually like the constant twists and turns in the KH series. It's one of those series that I honestly can not see coming (so long as I stay away from internet forums, which I'm glad I did in KH3D's case) Shoot, even when KH takes concepts that I thought would be ridiculous, they manage to take the concept and make it work. For example, time travel. I did not think it would work at all. But the way they have done it pretty much limits it so that all you can really do is view what goes on in history. Sure, you can bring people to the future but they'll eventually be brought back and you wouldn't have changed the past at all. So you don't get any of those "They changed the past so therefore time worm hole" plots going on.

And I said it before and I'll say it again... why the heck is KH3 even an excitement? To me, that'd be like saying "SEGA should just make SA3" when the story has already gone beyond that so it wouldn't make sense to make an SA3. Or it'd be like saying "Nintendo should stop with the Zelda spinoffs and make Zelda 3!" I honestly never understood the excitement of KH3. Sure, there's a reason NOW to be excited for it because it'll be the climax of the Xehanort Saga, but over a year ago there was NO REASON to be excited over a game that has NO INFO IN IT WHATSOEVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back